Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated (Reboot, see inside for details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_pibbs

The One True Pibbles
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
image.jpg

RP Theme Song

Alright, for those who don't already know by the title, this is a Scooby-Doo RP. Actually, it's a reboot of an RP I did here a few months ago (due to people dropping/not replying for multiple reasons, it didn't get too far which sucked because the people who were in it were all great).

Before you ask, this RP was filled with OC's (except Scooby, who was the only returning M.I. character), so it was an all original concept based in a fandom world.

I won't post the whole OoC here again, but the general idea of the RP was something akin to the plot of "13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo". Here's the cliff notes version:

After accidentally unlocking a mythical chest containing the spirits of multiple demons, a group of Teenagers and a "brave" Great Dane must set out on a quest to recapture said demons. If all of the demons and their Demon Lord (who, centuries prior, managed to not get locked up in the chest, then waited for a mortal to be tricked into freeing its comrades) are not captured before the realm of the supernatural (Heaven, Hell, and the Netherworld) meets with the Mortal Realm as it does every 10,000 years (for a limited time), then the demons and the Demon Lord will unleash a demented army of monsters/demons that will destroy the world and bring about the apocalypse.

This RP, much like some of the best Scooby-Doo films/episodes (the 80's-90's films starting with Zombie Island and ending with Cyberchase, the live action films *I don't care what people say, I loved that shit as a kid as it's still cool now*, and even a few episodes of the various incarnations of the show) will deal with the ever terrifying idea of Real life monsters. The world of this universe is already dark enough (most of the people in costumes the gang has taken down are actually deranged serial killers or master criminals who won't hesitate to slaughter those "meddling kids" or anyone else who gets in the way of their plan, even if it's bat-shit crazy), so imagine what dealing with a blood-thirsty demon creature would be like.

I'm looking to make this a more "Horror" styled RP (some possible themes involved with it range from: demon possession, zombies, seances, murderous psychopaths, blood-thirsty demons, gruesome/horror-inspired character deaths (can be from the main cast or an NPC), and more), while still combining some elements from the series in there as well (ex. Comedic scenarios where we "trick" the villain, the classic "chase", and maybe a stupid reference or character/villain who comes from the series). Hell, I already explained in the original thread that Scooby was able to talk because he was actually "cursed" by a real-witch as a puppy before being moved to a pet shelter, so this is going to be a little different from how a "normal" Scooby-Doo RP would work.

The main focus won't be on solving mysteries or searching for clues (in my experience, that works really poorly in an RP setting as the primary focus), but they'll still play a part in the story telling. The primary focus will be more on the "Adventure" involved with re-capturing the demons and the Horror scenarios surrounding the ghost hunt.

So, I'm looking for 2-3 people who'd be interested in doing this. The maximum I'll probably accept is somewhere close to 8, but sometimes smaller casts work out better. I'd also want you to be dedicated, as in TELL ME IF YOURE DROPPING OUT! I get real life can be a pain, but if you know you're gonna be busy for a while and can't post, then just a heads-up would be nice. We can NPC your character if we really need to until you return, but it would be nice to have everyone working on this as often as they can.

Anyways, if you're interested just post below and I'll do my best to answer any questions you may have. If you're interested in checking out the original thread's idea, here's the long version:

Dark_Chest_of_Wonders_by_silpholion.jpg

Legends speak of a Chest. A chest of unspeakable evils, containing the spirits of multiple demons who broke through into the mortal world. These demons were after a very unique treasure that would allow them to release the rest of their kin from the pits of Hell and bring about the end of the world: the Apocalypse. In response to this threat, a group of legendary heroes ventured far across the landscape of their world to capture these demons and send them back to the fiery depths of Hell from which they came. Succeeding in their mission, they managed to round up the dangerous creatures and sealed them away in the chest. Once the demons were in the chest, they hid it somewhere far from humanity, in a place where nobody would ever find the chest again. There, it was to lay, watched over by a guardian who made sure it would be undisturbed by mankind, forever..

Unknown to the heroes, one of the demon's, a powerful being known as "Asakon", had avoided capture and remained free. Asakon did not reveal himself to the heroes, for he knew they would seal him away just like the others. So, he spent the next hundred years hidden away, plotting in secret to release his comrades and finish the job they had started. In this time, all knowledge of the chest, the apocalyptic artifact, and the demons faded from the world. But, whispers of a dark figure roaming the lands, searching forever for an object he desired above anything else began to arise. There were multiple names for the tall, dark, slender figure throughout history of the myth: "The Follower", "Windigo", "The Woodsman in Black", "The Apparition", "The Pale Faced Man", and many more. But as long as Asakon remained free, the chest could not be sealed properly.

Now, over a century later from when the demons were trapped in the chest, a group of teenage friends just graduating high school, are introduced to the picture. These friends have started a business of their own, investigating paranormal phenomena across America. Most of the creatures, spectres, and demons that they've investigated, however, have turned out to be fakes: men and women wearing expertly crafted Halloween costumes with the purpose to either scare away groups of people in order to acquire treasure of some kind, or commit crimes from Theft, to First Degree Murder based on past childhood traumatic incidents and fears. One day while investigating into a strange figure seen lurking around in a forest abducting and murdering the townspeople's children, the friends stumble upon an ancient ruin hidden deep underground. They soon come across the legendary chest and accidentally unleash the Demons contained upon the world.

When the guardian warns them of the consequences for what they've done, they discover that their fate has been tied to something greater then they could have imagined possible. So now, its up to the teenagers, along with their mascot, a very meddlesome Great Dane, to find and recapture all of the Demons. This time, however, they must find Asakon and capture him as well, finally ending the struggle that was started so long ago. But time is short, and the Demons are on the hunt for the artifact that, when used on the day the Supernatural World combines with the Mortal World, would unleash a massive army of demented creatures and monsters, ensuring the Apocalypse. With multiple Demons running free, the threat of religious extinction of the mortal world in only a Year, and the task of saving the world placed upon a group of teenagers, only one question remains:

"SCOOBY-DOO! WHERE ARE YOU?!"

Last edited:
zooeyglasses-2354041161416739219.jpg
Character Name:
Robin Sanders
Solver of Mysteries with Mystery Inc.
General Appearance:
Robin is a short little fair skinned girl at 5'0. She has cerulean eyes that brighten when in the middle of a really good novel. Don't forget the annoying bangs that she moves out of the way often, sometimes by sticking a pen above her ear. The rest of her hair curls slightly on its own so she normally leaves it alone, along with the rest of her face. After her bout with acne in 6th to 11th grade, she gave up on makeup that only made everything look worse than it already was. Don't forget her thick glasses. Laser-eye surgery is scary and expensive, contact lenses don't let her cry at good books without rolling around or popping out. So glasses have to do. She has two extra pairs but hardly ever carries them with her. So if she loses the one she has on, she better find them or pray.
General Personality:
Clumsy, dreamy somewhat artistic, observant, very bright (definitely gifted), very curious, sometimes stubborn, too honest (social norms confuse her so she might say things that would be offensive or inappropriate for normal people conversation), Kind, Altruistic (especially when it comes to her friends), Courageous (in most situations, though sometimes a bit too caught up), suffer-in-silence type, and definitely absolutely Quirky.
History:
Robin was raised by her hippie parents until the age of 4 when her Aunt took custody after drug issues. Let's just...not go there. (She has a red robin feather for a bookmark). This little brunette has always been very quick to pick up on things, to the point that she has a touch of photographic memory. She doesn't remember everything she reads verbatim, but she learns by words, by reading, so often if she's going through a good book, she could tell you exactly where the information was in it, just not the whole paragraph word for word. So naturally, she did very well in school and her aunt and uncle Gingre definitely attempted to give her every opportunity to succeed as possible. She was very introverted through, especially when she was younger because people whisper about the awkward nerd who sits by herself at lunch and though she never got beat up, she knew all the names the kids would call her when they were still immature enough for such things. Back then, her only friends were book characters.
After taking a few psychology classes however, she was less fearful of people and even made a few nice acquaintances on the debate team freshman year. The rest of high school was academically simple, but even though she was offered several scholarships or early admission to top colleges over the summer, Robin actually decided to enjoy her years in high school which would be why when she back to school, she discovered a group of people who accepted her as a real friend. Soon after that, a terrifying event took place that bound the friends together by fate, forcing them to become as close as blood relatives. Dylan wound up contributing the van that belonged to his father as a "company vehicle" to the group he and his friends were forming and after a total fix-up and a paint job, the "Mystery Machine" was ready. So was "Mystery Incorporated"!
  • Books. Books. Nonfiction, classics and teen fiction mostly. But books and libraries, obscure bookstores on street corners, the whole shabang.
  • revealing the truth/unraveling a mystery
  • getting really into a project
  • hoodies
  • Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream
  • other species
  • valid information on the supernatural/paranormal
  • knee-high socks
  • Hanging out with her close-knit circle of friends. watching them smile in particular.
Dislikes:
  • Damage in books
  • frowns on loved ones
  • peanuts (she's allergic)
  • getting interrupted while reading something suspenseful
  • clichés
  • close-minded people
  • frivolous gossip and cruel insults
  • dropping her glasses
  • pink
  • lies
tumblr_m4igex4fSg1ql2gms.gif

PS I just copied and pasted, so if i need to make adjustments, i would like to know here in the interest thread before putting her in the ooc thats bound to occur :)

Last edited:
I'll let you know if she needs adjustments, but I think I'll keep the same CS as before.

By the way, the top image stopped working :3

• Thank You
Reactions: Ravenbelle
Welp, time to make a new banner to attract people :3

*EDIT*

Updated the banner and created a collective image for the RP that shows off a few of our demons!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ravenbelle
I am down Sora sadly the Gremlins RP didn't launch

I know :/

But this one is gonna be good, I can feel it.

Alright, we just need 2 more people before we can launch the OoC.

I am totally in

Yay! We can start!

So, any questions about the RP so far? I think I'll post the CS here so you guys can work on it for the OoC. @Ravenbelle used the old CS, but I don't think I'm really gonna change it.

Name:

Appearance: (image or description. Image tends to work best. A real image is preferred, but you can use a drawn one if you really want)

Personality Traits: (are they scared easily, do they have a high IQ, do they just want to attract boys/girls, DO THEY HATE DOGS?!?!)

Bio: (a few paragraphs about what your character has been up to before this point. Minimum of 2 paragraphs.)

Likes/Dislikes: (At least 5 for both categories)

Relationship Status: (yes, just like in the show we're having love drama. Your relationship MUST be a mutual approved thing though, otherwise you'll have to put down "Crushing on ____")

Other: (any additional information you want goes here.)

-------

I'll upload Scooby's sheet in the OoC, reworking it a little.

image.jpg

Name:

Dylan Robertson

Personality Traits:

• Comical

• Sometimes Cowardly (mostly when he's around "Monsters" or the girl he likes)

• Brave (most of the time instead of running, he'll try to stop the monster, but when all else fails, there's no shame in heading for the hills)

• Friendly

• Kind-Hearted/Sweet

• Shy (when around people he doesn't know very much/the girl he likes)

• Hopeless Romantic

He's never afraid to be who he is. Dylan always sticks up for his friends and will try to help them out of any situation (even if he and Scooby just bolted for the exit)

Bio:

Growing up with his mom, life was pretty normal for Dylan. His father went away to fight in the Afghanistan War when Dylan was a baby, but never came back, so his mom had to raise him by herself. During his childhood and well into his current age, Dylan was always a big softie. When he was little, he was kind to the girls he knew and stood up for them when boys picked on them. However, his shyness and awkward nature towards girls often landed him as the "butt" of the jokes the boys made: literately. He was constantly picked on and bullied throughout his younger years and well into his high-school days.

Dylan was pretty much a loner. His shy nature was always looked at as "weird" and other kids tended to avoid him. He always wished he could have a friend to stay by his side forever and help him overcome his shy nature, but it wasn't until he was 16 that he discovered what he had been looking for. His mother suggested he should get a pet for some kind of companionship and she promised that he could be able to get whatever he wanted from the local Pet Fair. Dylan had nothing to lose from going, so he went to check it out.

Unfortunately, he got there very late and all the other pets had been adopted or put away in the truck... Except for one. A large brown Great Dane covered in large black spots with a blue collar on its neck. The dog was friendly enough and Dylan felt happy to have somebody excited to see him other then his mom, but the biggest surprise came to him when it began to talk. The dog said its name was Scoobert (which he shortened to Scooby) and how it wasn't adopted at the fair that day. It told Dylan how much it wanted to be adopted and get a proper owner, but nobody seemed to like him. Dylan felt sorry for the dog when he heard what had happened to the man who owned the pet store Scooby was kept at. What surprised him most was the idea that nobody wanted to adopt a talking dog. That was the coolest thing ever!

As the man hosting the fair came to take Scooby away, Dylan asked to adopt the Great Dane. After a long deal, Scooby was officially Dylan's pet. On the way back to Dylan's house, the sun went down and they took a short-cut through a creepy forest which lead straight into a graveyard. When the duo thought they saw a ghostly hand rising from one of the graves, they bolted away and carried each other off to Dylan's house. That was when they discovered they both feared the supernatural, but also found it oddly fascinating at the same time. For the rest of the summer, Dylan and Scooby bonded and became best friends with one another.

After the summer ended and Dylan went back to school, he discovered a group of people who accepted him and Scooby as their friends. Soon after that, a terrifying event at a Halloween Party took place that bounded the friends together by fate, forcing them to become as close as blood relatives. A psychopath by the name of Jack Sykes had disguised himself as a horrific monster called "Jack-O" and continuously slaughtered the party-goers by the hour until he was finally caught by the group of teens and the dog. They soon "unmasked" the murderer who was sent to jail promptly afterwards. Proceeding the event, Dylan and his friends discovered that "supernatural events" had been occurring all over the country. Much like how they unmasked Jack-O, the group took it upon themselves to visit local areas with supernatural activity to discover the truth about these "monsters".

The following summer, the teens started preparing for a nation-wide trip to find and investigate "supernatural phenomena" across America. Dylan actually managed to get a car for them to travel around in, taking his father's old minivan from the 60's and refurbishing it into what's now known as the "Mystery Machine".

Likes/Dislikes:

Home-Made Meals, Nostalgic Movies, Popcorn with extra butter, Hot Chocolate, Mysteries (he enjoys solving them, not the stuff in-between with the Monsters), Pop, Rock, Classic Rock and some Country Music, Video Games, Dressing up in various costumes, Acting, Driving the Mystery Machine, his friends (especially his best pal, Scooby-Doo), Girls (pretty, nerdy, ect), Playing his Guitar, Reading a good book (usually in the categories of mystery, fantasy or sci-fi) and he especially likes it when people are themselves and don't try to be anybody else. He likes people for who they are, especially his friends.

He also really enjoys spending quality time with his friends and if he ever found himself getting a girlfriend, she would discover that he loves all things romantic or very cheesy.

Dislikes:

He has a real issue with monsters/supernatural entities and anything that creeps him out/scares him. He isn't the first to charge out of the room screaming his head off, but he's defiantly not the last. He also hates when people are rude/mean. Sort of a real "knight in shining armour", he rushes to the sides of those who are in distress whenever he can (especially when they're cute girls).

Relationship Status:

Open and Looking (but he's got his eyes on one of the girls in Mystery Inc.)

Other:

Has a very close relationship with Scooby-Doo. The two are absolutely inseparable.

Dylan was actually against covering his father's old van in the "Flower Power" design, but decided he couldn't mess up the design already embedded into the vehicle. It meant too much to his dad. So, he kept the design and just painted over it to create the vibrant design that has become a staple of Mystery Incorporated's image.

Just so you guys can work on it before the OoC is up ^^

Last edited:
45638-Emma-Stone-its-a-trap-gif-noHW.gif
americas_sweetheart_emma_stone_640_11.jpg

Character Name:
Caelina Summers
The "damsel" but can kick ass in Mystery Inc.
General Personality:
Caelina is trusting, intelligent, enthusiastic, and kind, and at times lovestruck. Despite being wealthy, she does not have the same snobby or vain personality that her parents have. She can also sometimes be a helpless damsel-in-distress, clumsily getting caught by the monster on most occasions
History:
Caelina grew up with her parents, who were never around much other than buying her things just to say that they care about her. This lead to her being a very lonely child who did not associate with others. Her parents would always leave her with the mansion's staff who became more like family to her than her own parents. When she went through elementary school she was bullied and picked on because of her red hair and tomboyish appearance. While she was in middle school she decided that she wanted to take martial arts so she could defend herself if she were to be picked on again, but when she reached high school she changed donning a more girly look taking on the persona of a ditzy girl who didn't know right from left. Only during her final year of high school did she meet her new friends.
Caelina was happy to finally have people she could call friends and would spend every day with them afterschool she went as far as to invite them to stay at her house during the breaks but Soon after that during halloween, a terrifying event took place that bound the friends together by fate, forcing them to become as close as blood relatives. Dylan wound up contributing the van that belonged to his father as a "company vehicle" to the group he and his friends were forming and after a total fix-up and a paint job, the "Mystery Machine" was ready. So was "Mystery Incorporated"!

• Chocolate
  • Her Friends
  • Cooking
  • Helping to solve the mysteries
  • Purple
Dislikes:
  • Monsters
  • Being separated from her friends for to long
  • Bullies
  • Liars
  • Secrets
Relationship Status:
None at the moment but is open

(Let me know if i need to add/change anything I hope its good)

She looks awesome! Good sheet for a good character. It'll be interesting to see where things go with her.

Good for a modern Daphne huh

Yep! Hope my guy wasn't too much of a Shaggy, but who else is gonna be Scooby's bestest pal? Haha.

@Whirlwind, @Justice_20, we'll wait to see what you guys come up with, take your time. I need to work on the OoC anyways, so we can use this thread to discuss group stuff. I'll be PMing you all in a minute to ask a few questions.

Name: Iris Teller

whitney_eyes.gif

000000157722-Whitney_Thompson-squaremedium.jpg

Personality Traits:
  • Ambitious
  • Candid
  • Cheerful
  • Argumentative
  • Resentful
  • Jealous
  • Grateful
  • Mature
  • Late
  • Random
  • Silly
  • Thoughtful

Bio: Iris is one of three girls, being the middle child. Her parents got divorced when she was 4 years old, and her sisters were one and 6. They moved into a very old, low priced house from the 1800s, but the girls were excited to each get their own rooms, as well as a basement and attic. They got everything moved in fairly quickly thanks to help from their grandparents, and for the first week, everything seemed okay, like they were going to get back on their feet after their father left. But one night, Iris woke up with a feeling of dread. She sat up straight in bed, staring at her door, and watched as it creaked open by itself. She stared and stared until it closed again by itself, and then screamed for her mother. After that night, something happened to Iris almost every night. She saw spirits, heard noises, her bed moved, things flew off the walls. At first she was terrified, but at least some things happened in front of her mom and sisters, so they believed her and let her sleep with them for years.

As Iris grew up, she became the ‘goth’ girl at school, wearing all black, black makeup, and listening to dark depressing music. She wrote lonely poetry and stories, before she got reported to the school counselor by a teacher. Her mother was called and told to get Iris some counselling, but Iris was close with her mom, who just talked to her instead. Her mom decided to take Iris’s gothic clothes, black lipstick, and some cds and told her to act like they wanted her too. If she didn’t get another call by the end of the year, she could have it back.

Iris did so, dressing in other colors, forcing herself to be more friendly, and by the time her year was up, she didn’t want most of the stuff her mom took back. She let her black dyed hair grow out into its natural blonde, and became more of a class clown at school- funny, goofy, and sarcastic. But the part of her still attracted to the dark never disappeared. And neither did the activity surrounding her. She knows a lot about demonology, cryptozoology, the supernatural in general- how to ghost hunt, perform rituals, even witchcraft and she’s a history whiz. When she met her friends she felt more compelled to share her past, and her future interest in ghost hunting. She couldn’t have been more excited when they formed Mystery Inc!

Likes/Dislikes:
+ Creepy experiences
+ Comedies
+ Scaring people
+ Winning
+ Compliments
- Horror movies
- Seafood
- Exercise
- Bullies
- People who ‘shhh’ her

Relationship Status: Open/Single

Other: N/A

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
And I think I may allow a few more slots to allow another male characters to even things out (you know, males who aren't dogs xD)

Status
Not open for further replies.