Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
header.png

DISCORD | SIGN-UPS | IN-CHARACTER | LORE

“Believe what?” asked Shadow. “What should I believe?”
“Everything,” roared the buffalo man.
- Neil Gaiman, 'American Gods'

The ancient powers never fully went away. They wander our roads and cities, mingling with the teeming masses of humanity. You are one of their children, born to the magic of yesterday and the promise of tomorrow. Ichor surges through your veins, thick and golden. Divine weapons rest in your palm, powers begging to be released. Gods array themselves against you, or stand beside you.

interest_01.jpg

Your ancient enemies, the Titans, stir in their prison beneath the lands of the dead. Their spawn issues forth from lands of myth, and the specter of war falls across the heavens. Titanomachy. Into this age of turmoil, you will seize your birthrights and feel the call of your blood. Family has brought you here, and heroism will take you to your end, whatever that may be.

interest_02.jpg

You live in a World of myth, where every ancient story is true. Beneath the shadow of gleaming skyscrapers and soaring jets, the old tales are whispered. Will you live in a World of omens and portents, fearful of the shadows upon the sky? Or will you rise up, claim what is yours, and live for the people below?

Find your destiny. Live the myth. Embrace your Fate.

patheons.png

french_quarter_night.jpg

New Orleans, Louisiana.

The Big Easy.

A city of culture and history. A melting pot of different peoples and walks of life, drawing them together into something new. Something unique. It is no wonder that the Gods of many Pantheons have such an interest in this place, though the mysterious Loa deities hold greatest sway.

Yet the shadow of Katrina still hangs heavy over NOLA, and in its wake other forces have begun to take hold. Dark entities now fester within the city limits, and hushed rumours of a Titan cult have reached the ears of the divine agents present in town. An uneasy cold war has been in effect for several years now. Neither side has fully come into contact with the other, but their presence has been felt all the same.

Until now.

When they pulled the body of Gabriel Mackie, Scion of the Loa god Ogoun, onto the bank of the Mississippi River a few weeks ago, the cold war came to a sudden and abrupt end. Now the forces of the Gods prepare for all-out conflict to root out and destroy the Titanspawn before more divine offspring turn up dead.

Into this rapidly deteriorating situation, you step. Alongside a band of other Scions, you have been drawn by divine providence to New Orleans, to investigate the death of your fellow Scion and to discover who is resaponsible for his murder. There isn't much time, for war is coming to the city.

Will you be able to stop it?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kitti
I am interested.

Reactions: Hecatoncheires
Looks interesting, I'd be down

Two ideas:

A half-Japanese Scion of Nike ( or Athena )

An English Scion of Euterpe the Muse ( or Apollo )

Two ideas:

The Greek Gods are one of the major Pantheons in this here setting, so these would absolutely work my dude.

Also I realise I only posted Pretty Pictures™ of the different pantheon symbols and didn't actually list them (cos I'm retarded), so here's the major Pantheons for anyone who's curious:
  • Pesedjet: The Egyptian Gods (Industrious types, getting very tired of the younger Gods' shit)
  • Dodekatheon: The Greek Gods (overly proud, passionate, prone to sleeping with basically everything that moves)
  • Aesir: The Norse Gods (will literally fight you right now, bro)
  • Atzlanti: The Aztec Gods (they're into empire-building and wholesome blood sacrifice)
  • Amatsukami: The Japanese Gods (its all fun and social niceties until someone brings a fuckin katana to the party (usually Susano-o))
  • Loa: The Voodun Gods (expressive, passionate and out for a damn good time)

Are the Tuatha available ? Or Coyote / Raven?

I'm going to throw my hat into the ring for now. Depending on if I get busy I might not joint. But here are some questions:
  • Well the story mainly revolve around this Cult of the Titans or will there other mysteries to uncover?
    What are the age ranges you would look for, or is it more non-specific?
  • Do you plan to get the players into one bit group your let them mold into their own social groups naturally? Well they work against or with each other (Like would player be able to side with the Titans?)
  • If you are doing one big group do you plan on having a sort of inciting incident?
  • How dark and gritty is this going to be is there any room for any wholesome moments?
  • How powerful are the player going to be? Is there going to be some sort of learning curve to there powers?
  • Well we start off with all of our knowledge about how to use our powers or is it a thing we will learn over time? Or is it not set in stone?
  • As for the city itself is this a set in the present or sometime in the future/past. If so what makes it different?
  • Is gods and stuff well known and common? Accepted to be de-facto truth, or is it urban myths or seen in itself as some sort of religion or cult by the rest of society?
  • Is actually just a fandom RP for American Gods, I can't tell since I never actually read the graphic novels. If so how much do I need to know to partake?

Are the Tuatha available ? Or Coyote / Raven?

I'd like to get a few characters from the pantheons I mentioned, but the Tuatha are fucking awesome so I'd be more than happy to have them included.

Well the story mainly revolve around this Cult of the Titans or will there other mysteries to uncover?

The initial story I have planned is a bit of a murder-mystery. It does indeed involve the Titan cult. As to whether there's more involved?

What are the age ranges you would look for, or is it more non-specific?

Most Scions go through their Awakening (ie. divine Mum/Dad pitches up in their lives and goes "what up, you're a demigod") in and around their late-teens/early adulthood, but its not something that's set in stone. Some people may have been Scions for a while, some might have only just become aware of the fact. We can be flexible on that.

Do you plan to get the players into one bit group your let them mold into their own social groups naturally? Well they work against or with each other (Like would player be able to side with the Titans?)

The general model I have in mind is that the player characters are part of a band of Scions working together for their common interests (stopping the Titanspawn, keeping the divine parental figures happy, etc.). What form that group takes, and the impact they will have on the world, that's something I'm aiming to be flexible with. If there's a player character that finds themselves sympathising with the plight of a Titan, or who might have a secret agenda or two to pursue, I'd be happy to work with that as well. Whatever makes the story more hype.

If you are doing one big group do you plan on having a sort of inciting incident?

In terms of player count, I was thinking around the 5-7 mark. Any more than that and these things can get clunky. I'll have something to draw the characters together, and then we can all roll from there.

How dark and gritty is this going to be is there any room for any wholesome moments?

Whilst I like me some grimdark shenanigans, Scion's always been a game about flexing on monsters and generally being awesome. Wholesome moments can certainly occur, but in general its very much an action-adventure kind of affair. We're here to solve mysteries, create legends, punch monsters in the face and look good doing it.

How powerful are the player going to be? Is there going to be some sort of learning curve to there powers?

At the outset, the player characters are the offspring of Gods. They're capable of things that ordinary humans couldn't dream of, but they're not Gods (yet). You could benchpress a car and make it look easy, for instance, but so can that Minotaur and he's a lot bigger than you.

Well we start off with all of our knowledge about how to use our powers or is it a thing we will learn over time? Or is it not set in stone?

Honestly, I'd say that might well depend on your divine parental figure. Some might see you as a useful agent that they want to carefully prepare before they deploy you into the field, as it were. They might even be rather fond of you. Others will see you as little more than a piece on the board. Or worse still, an inconvenience to be disposed of. All comes down to the Pantheon and the God in question.

As for the city itself is this a set in the present or sometime in the future/past. If so what makes it different?

This is set in contemporary New Orleans. Pretty much as it is today, just with some... weirder shit floating about in the hidden spots.

Is gods and stuff well known and common? Accepted to be de-facto truth, or is it urban myths or seen in itself as some sort of religion or cult by the rest of society?

It's more a combination of the latter two. Urban legends and stories, but with a tinge of legitimacy to the whole thing. The Gods have kept out of the affairs of mortals for a long time, but with the return of the Titans that's beginning to change.

Is actually just a fandom RP for American Gods, I can't tell since I never actually read the graphic novels. If so how much do I need to know to partake?

This is actually something of an adaptation of White Wolf/Onyx Path's Scion RPG, which is a tabletop game. I love the setting and the stories you can tell with it, but hoo boy do I hate the system and a lot of what they did with the second edition. So I'm aiming to cut out the dodgy game mechanics and just focus on telling awesome stories.

I've been watching... am Interested. I might play around with a Vodoo Scion, since I know the religion well.

I've been watching... am Interested. I might play around with a Vodoo Scion, since I know the religion well.

Hell yeah, a Voodoo Scion would be absolutely ideal, given where the game is set.

OoooOOOoo, I like this concept. (And I'm looking into the tabletop, 'cause damn, I'm weak for those).
As I'm still kinda fairly new and trying to figure out how to use Iwaku, where would we post completed character sheets? Where you posted the Sign-Up link or through DM's to look them over, and see if they're a good fit?

I'm gunning for an Aesir Scion, because
damn, vikings.
Probably leaning towards one of the smaller, minor gods, like my girl, Skadi, the Ice Queen. Or, if we're only aiming towards the bigger gods... Son of Freya. Because she's the only one who has a chariot of cats, and it doesn't get any more badass than that.

You're absolutely on the money my guy, just chuck your sheet up in the Sign-Ups and I can take a look at it. In terms of Gods, I don't really have any restrictions (plus Skadi is bae) so feel free to run with what you want. If it fits, it fits. You're welcome to join the Discord if you wanna talk things over that way, too.

Grumpy I finally got a chance to look over this properly and I love it and I am mad at you about that.

Two ideas:

The Greek Gods are one of the major Pantheons in this here setting, so these would absolutely work my dude.

Also I realise I only posted Pretty Pictures™ of the different pantheon symbols and didn't actually list them (cos I'm retarded), so here's the major Pantheons for anyone who's curious:
  • Pesedjet: The Egyptian Gods (Industrious types, getting very tired of the younger Gods' shit)
  • Dodekatheon: The Greek Gods (overly proud, passionate, prone to sleeping with basically everything that moves)
  • Aesir: The Norse Gods (will literally fight you right now, bro)
  • Atzlanti: The Aztec Gods (they're into empire-building and wholesome blood sacrifice)
  • Amatsukami: The Japanese Gods (its all fun and social niceties until someone brings a fuckin katana to the party (usually Susano-o))
  • Loa: The Voodun Gods (expressive, passionate and out for a damn good time)
Character sheet going up by tomorrow