1. The server transfer is complete, but there is a known issue occurring with posts lagging when they are sent! We apologize for the inconvenience. A fix is underway, so please bear with us.

UPDATE: The issue with post lag appears to be fixed, but the search system is temporarily down, as it was the culprit. It will be back up later!

SciFi

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by GeekOut, Jan 31, 2013.

1. What do you think of when you hear/see the words science fiction?

2. Science Fiction could be said to be my heart and soul. I have been reading science fiction since I was young and it made a great impression on me, however, only relatively recently did I discover the classics such as Asimov and Philip K. Dick. Nevertheless, science fiction has left me with amazing experiences, not to mention that it made me explore horizons that I would not delve into on my own. It broadened my world-view, enhanced my scope, plus it made me think about what was happening around me rather than just observe.

Thus, for me, SciFi is something a bit magical. It is a word that comes with connotations of joy, new information and new ideas. For me, science fiction is glorious, a vessel which can be used to explore ideas. For me, science fiction means a new world to discover and unravel.