Science Fantasy with Elven Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. If there is room that would be great, if not, oh well. Though from what I read already. If you guys enjoy 'Futuristic Elves and Orc Warlods with Magic-Technology' then I'm guessing no one has read or seen anything Warhammer 40,000 related?

Hmmm. If there is room that would be great, if not, oh well. Though from what I read already. If you guys enjoy 'Futuristic Elves and Orc Warlods with Magic-Technology' then I'm guessing no one has read or seen anything Warhammer 40,000 related?
No, but why would that matter?

Because a lot of the ideas are used in Warhammer. Space Elves, Millions of Orks, and many other things.

If she's firm on four people, I'll make a spot for you. My interest isn't strong.

And while I haven't had much interaction with it, I love Warhammer.

Nah. I'm fine, I don't need a spot ^^

Well, Assallya hasn't replied as of today or yesterday despite me tagging her and her being online. I'd say we can open up a spot in place of her.

I might be interested if I sniff the beginnings of a plot-line.
So you have ~4ish technologically capable elves that look basically battle-ready.
Do they take assignments from someone? Are they freelance? Cause driven?
What kind of magic is available? What about racial weaknesses?
Set an apple on a head somewhere (something to aim at) and I'll be ready to compare character sheets.

@Vysivaire Thank you for the questions. I don't have anything in mind, thus why I stated this will require much worldbuilding and plotting. We can discuss the questions in a discussion group though- if this looks like something you'd be willing to do and take your time in?

Oh, uh, sorry. I had posted that other things at the wrong place. Please forgive me!

Though if you don't mind, I'd like to make some lore backstory for the orcs of this RP, with your approval of course. Here's a rough outline of what I had in mind, but if it conflicts with anything you have already thought of, I'm more than willing to change things up.

Orcs once worshiped and followed two "Gods", both of whom are now dead (One of whom the orcs killed).

The first was a Goddess of Dirt, Growth, Strength, and Earthly Wealth. Originally a rather minor goddess (She didn't gain her last two domains until much later into the lore) who ruled over a vast land suited for monsters. Humans knew better than to settle there and the creatures were too evil for elves to live peacefully amongst them, though the dwarves learned to live there against the goddesses wishes (She doesn't like them because she's a bit racist). Occasionally strong warriors would come to do hunting, but they never stayed. So the Goddess kidnapped a few of these mighty hunters over a few years, and used them to create her own people, the Orcs. Orcs were antrually stronger than humans, but lacked the longevity; it only takes 15 years for an orc to fully grow and mature, and even the females stood well over six feet tall. However due to their life styles and the price of their power, rarely do they ever live to see fifty years of age, and many have sever health problems by the time they're thirty to forty if they do not extend their lives magically. Regardless however, they were able to live in these lands much better than the other races, fighting or taming the monsters for their own uses. And as they grew stronger, so did the Goddess. But her orcs never truly "Prospered"; obsessed with raising a strong race, she constantly had various disasters and newer, stronger monsters to attack her own people, to "Keep them sharp", so she says. And while the orcs always proved able to raise up to their goddesses challenge, their constant dangers never really allowed them to settle down and develop as a civilization, as their survival was constantly tested.

And that's where the second orc god comes in. He was a Demon Lord of Defilement, Conquest, Ambition, and Change. Much like the Dirt Goddess, he himself did not have a very high standing in the hierarchy of the gods, and was looking to increase his power. Around this time the Dirt Goddess was something of an underdog; no one really expected that she would amount to much despite her success, though she did have some interesting power. Power that the Demon Lord was certain he could control. He met with a few of the Goddess Orcs and promised them a meaningful future; one where they could live in peace where their people did not have to worry about the constant threat of monsters or their children and family dying left and right. Though many orcs chosen to be faithful to their Goddess, the idea of a peaceful land was too much for some orcs who were growing weary of the constant, meaningless struggle. Once the Demon Lord had amassed enough orcs, he used them to attack the Dirt Goddess when she had least expected it. Though much weaker, using the element of surprise and trickery, he managed to over power the Goddess, defiling her in such a way that her powers were transferred to him. And while the Goddess lived, she was too weaken to fight back, and thus the Demon Lord became the new God of the orcs.

With the Goddess no longer sending new disasters to the orcs, the Demon Lord did as promised and taught the Orcs how to live like the other mortal races, without the constant threat of being eaten or destroyed by natural forces. He taught them how to control their lands and the monsters within it, and thus the Demon Lord put the orcs on the path towards Conquest. They turned the tide on the monsters that their Goddess once sicked onto them; the orcs wiped them all out, using their remains to create powerful weapons to slay other monsters. The orcs learned how to organize themselves better, and with a higher life expectancy, their population started to grow as well. Grow so much that they knew that if they could not cull their population, there would be too many orcs to survive in their lands. So the Demon Lord had the orcs attack the other Mortal races, of the Elves, Humans, and Dwarves.

And came was many centuries of bloody conflicts. Though naturally stronger physically, the orcs lacked the other races knowledge and experience in warfare against thinking, mortal creatures. Despite that however, their natural strength and shear numbers made sure that in a battle of attrition, the orcs would win. It was around this time that the defiled Dirt Goddess saw what was happening to her creation and knew that no matter what the outcome of their war was, if the Orcs continued there would be no hope for their future. Too weakened to fight against the Demon Lord herself, she had used what little of her power to find one Orc who still had faith in her and wanted to stop the Demon Lord and the destruction of the orcs. This orc was named Malakaus. A Weapon Smith for the Demon Lord's army, he had no love for the old ways were their lives were constantly in the balance, but even he knew that their current way of living simply meant that the orcs were willingly choosing to die on behalf of their god, and not just on their whim. When he was contacted by the Goddess he initially had his reservation against helping her, but knew that she was the lesser of two evils, and became her Chosen.

Malakaus than defected from the Demon Lord's army and attempted to raise his own army outside the orcs, to plea with the other races to assist him. The Dwarves refused to help, claiming that they had no business with each other. Though the dwarves were technically in orcish lands, they have never caused the orcs trouble, and they only agreed that should the orcs chose to withdraw their army, the Dwarves would stop fighting. Things were not so smooth in the lands of the Elves; the Demon Lord had a particular disgust with the creatures, and made his Orcish Army ravage their land and their people. Though Malakaus was able to convince a small handful of Elves with some influence to hear him out, they refused to offer their assistance, and aimed to destroy all the orcs for the destruction they caused to the Elvish people. It was only the humans, the orc's second largest threat, that actually were willing to help Malakaus. Though they were just as hostile to the orcs as the Elves were, when Malakaus spoke to their rulers, they saw an opportunity that was too good to pass up. The humans offered Malakaus their help, which was the turning point in the war.

With the help of the humans, Malakaus returned to his lands to try to convince his people to turn their backs on the Demon Lord. By this time the Demon Lord had discovered Malakaus's treachery, and made it very difficult for him to convince the orcs to listen to him. Though Malakaus managed to get a sizable amount of orcs to ally with him, the vast majority (Around 90%) chose to fight for the Demon Lord. The Demon Lord, at this point, had also amassed enough power in his Hellish underworld to make alliances with various Archdemons, which meant that the orcs would soon have allies of the infernal planes. Malakaus had to act soon; if he did not, all his efforts would be in vain. He would not be able to save his people, or the world. The Goddess at this point also was aware of how dire the situation was. The only way to stop the Orcs was to slay the Demon Lord; though many of the orcs genuinely believed in him, an equally large amount of those orcs were also either enthralled or threaten into obedience. Without the Demon Lord's Influence, they would be free to chose their own path.

Malakaus than lead his combined army of orcs and Humans into the heart of his homeland, where the Demon Lord would reside. Using the knowledge of his land and the strength of the humans, he managed to cut a path strait towards the Demon Lord. It was at this time that the Dirt Goddess used what was life of her divinity as well as her life to create a weapon that would slay the Demon Lord even at his fullest power; The Xia Blade, named after the Goddess herself. Though the battle between the Demon Lord's army and Malakaus's own was bloody and gruesome, Malakaus was able to slay the Demon Lord, but not before the dark God put what was left of his waning power to destroy everything he could; if he could not rule this land, no one would.

Anyways, that's just sort of what I had in my mind that I'd really, really like to implement. I have more too, if you're willing to read through. I figured I'd leave the ending as it is to justify the whole "Dystopia" setting. Even if we can't use this idea, I'll like to join anyways.

@Lucius Cypher Ah, thank you for the contribution! Would you mind placing that in the discussion thread? We've moved our group and such there. (:

Status
Not open for further replies.