[Sci-Fi] To Live from Destruction Signup OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PhoenixXeno

Original poster
ACCEPTING NOW
utopian_city__part_of_interactive_story__by_mr_pip-d4x2weo.jpg

Earth has come a long way from what happened twenty years ago...This was Earth before we rebelled in full force…

dystopia.jpg

This was from the destruction the aliens caused in the Xeno Rebel Wars...

There's nothing left on Earth that was untouched by the alien invasion. Humans have been pushed down to second class status citizenship and most have been forced to live in the slums of cities and towns, and many more have been moved into abandoned buildings and shelters. Some were lucky enough to stay where they were at the time of the Xeno Rebel Wars which spanned for twenty years and only ended with the overwhelming defeat of the human race. Now the rebel governments have been replaced and aliens have full control of the galaxy, although their races continue to fight for control of the pathetic world the humans have contaminated over the millennia that they have ruled. A Council has been established and make all the laws of Earth. And now they are rebuilding and leaving the discarded areas for humanity to squabble over. All the major cities and towns have been restored along with whatever the aliens liked regarding location and charm. There are two major human rebel groups hiding out in Shanghai and New York: Dragon Hearts and the Silent Bullets. Their numbers are dwindling quickly with the resistance they are getting from the militants.
But all is not lost for some. Some are lucky to be offered a life of privilege and freedom. Imagine:

You are going along with your day, just minding your own business. And as you make your way back to the home you share with your family, you receive a letter from the nice postal worker that was walking by. Once you get home, you open the letter. It reads:

Dear (name),

My family has noticed your achievements in the academy you attend and the bio file that was archived. We would like to extend an invitation to you to take our child, (full name), as your patron. We would love to hear from you in the next few days of your receiving of our letter. My contact information is below should you decide to accept our invitation. We look forward to meeting you.

(Signature)
(Contact Information)

Every human's dream, right?

Well, unfortunately, it is not for some. For many, it is a way to prevent their family from being taken by slavers and eliminates the chance of having their being forced to be indentured servants or slaves. There have been some that found their happily ever afters with their patron, and there have been failed matches that result in the human's family going into a form of servitude; also, the reports of those with a patron committing suicide has been staggering. Something along the lines of 1 out of 7. There's also a contract that you must sign. Here it is:

In accordance to the agreement, (human's name) will be under the patronage of (alien's name) for long as the patron sees fit and must fulfill whatever wishes the patron has unless they have stated certain wishes that the willing party will not fulfill. Also in accordance to the agreement, (patron) must provide for (human)'s needs and give them as comfortable of a life as possible. If (human) turns down proposal of marriage, then the contract will end and (human) is allowed to return to their family. However, if (human) agrees to marriage, then divorce will not be an option unless there is proof of abuse. If the spouse is being unfaithful, then and only then, can (human) file for divorce if there is proof. If there is cause that (human) is in any way breaking the contract, then their patron may punish them as they see fit. This does include ending the contract and sending them into servitude.
By signing, (human) has agreed to this contract and has willingly given up their family and lifestyle to be with their patron.

(Human signature, date)
(Patron signature, date)
(Several witness signatures, date)

And if it's the fifth patron you've been with, then you must marry them or suffer a life of slavery.

I am telling you this because I went through this and now that I have escaped, they have a price on my head and I can be discovered at any moment.

If this message has been found, then I have died.

Please, I implore you, to whoever is watching this, do not give in. Resist. Get away from this planet. Do whatever necessary to save yourselves. Fight. And sis, if you find this, I want you and Maddie to know I love you very much and I'm sorry I let you down as a sister. I hope you-

(camera is knocked over as background noises of a woman screaming and male voices shouting at her are predominant before the camera is quickly turned off)

The woman in the message was Tabitha Gale, a prominent figure of both human rebel groups that ran away from her patron before being hunted down in Connecticut.

We will begin right after the aliens have rebuilt what they want rebuilt on Earth and have moved on. The RP will take place on Earth as well as newly colonized Mars and the prosperous home world of Mandara.

Some Points for Mandara:
-It has a politically and ecologically based economy (sell political secrets, solar panels, etc.)
-It is very diverse in regards to race
-Very Eco-friendly
-Competitive marketplace
-Population of 13 billion
-Government is corrupt, a mafia family pulls the strings
-Senate rules the planet with a Prime Minister
-Biggest banking homeworld

Some Points on Mars
-Replica of Earth
-Mostly sparse space
-Littered with craters
-Used for slave labor​

Rules
-Iwaku's rules still apply
-No godmodding
-Fleshed out characters are a must. No Mary or Gary Sues
-Posts must be at least three good, fairly long paragraphs
-You are allowed to use aliens of your own making
-For patrons, seats of government, and prosperous peoples: That is only for aliens, humans cannot have these
-No sexy-times, take it to the PMs
-For human characters, you may go through more than 1 patron, but if you are on the 5th patron, your character must stay with them or escape or something. No sixth partons!
-Humans getting a patron: to avoid any complications, they must be at least 18 years old, same goes for alien patrons
-You may play as many characters as you want but please don't overwhelm yourself
-You must notify me if you must leave the role play or if you have to be away for a period of time
-If you wish to have your character in a romance or patron relationship with someone else's character, you must PM them and discuss it with them
-In the appearance section, you must provide a picture and description

Characters Available:

Humans (at least 7 or 8)
1-Eve Gale (played by PhoenixXeno)
2- Madeleine Gale (played by PhoenixXeno)

Alien Patrons and Family Members (same deal with humans, at least 7)
1-
2-
3-
4-

Council (3 only)
1-
2-
3-

Mafia (these 5 run everything)
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-

Human Rebels (I need at least 6)
1-
2-
3-​

CS
Humans
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:

Aliens
Name:
Appearance:
Brief Description of Race:
Personality:
Backstory:

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Eve Gale
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Appearance:
images

She is of average build with blue eyes. She is 5'5" and...well endowed...for someone of her age and she has midback length black hair.
Personality: She is stubborn, it's either her way or her way. She tends to be defiant and will stand up for what she believes in... if she was brave enough. The truth is, she's painfully shy and would rather stay in a corner and let things play themselves out. Unlike her deceased sister, she doesn't believe violence will solve anything. She shuts people out emotionally but is willing to listen and support someone in times of need. She wears her heart on her sleeve and wants to help those in need.
Backstory: Her parents died toward the end of the war when she was 19. She kept Madeleine with her while her older sister Tabitha ran off to fight. She and Madeleine stayed in Savannah, Georgia as Eve tried to finish her schooling. Her father was a pastor and her mother was a choir director at the now shambled church that they stay in with other refugees of the war. She is trying to become a nurse because she wants to do more than feed and clothe homeless humans. Against her younger sister's wishes, she has applied to get a patron. She has already been through three of them as she felt wrong to just marry them, although love isn't necessarily in a patron/willing party relationship.

Name: Madeleine Gale
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Appearance:
images

She is skinny with shoulder length black hair and blue eyes. She is also 5'0"
Personality: She is very outspoken, maybe too outspoken. To her, her every opinion must be voiced whether it is wanted or not. She is highly defiant of her elders and tends to be extremely rude. She does have her sweet side and she is very helpful to whoever really needs it. She likes to be sarcastic with everyone. Very outgoing and energetic, Maddie is always on the move and always distracted by something (ooh, squirrel). She also tends to be caring towards some people's situations; she will not, however, take crap from anyone.
Backstory: Her older sisters Eve and Tabitha took over raising her as their parents went off to fight in the war. She was emotionally scarred upon news of their deaths and her scarring only got worse when she found out Tabitha, who shortly after went to fight soon after their parents' deaths, was killed at the hands of slavers. She has a strained relationship with Eve by this point as she feels betrayed that she already left her three times to go be with a patron. She has recently been diagnosed with cancer (which one, she doesn't know; none of the doctors will tell her), but she has not told anyone because she doesn't want to have people worry about her and try to do things out of sympathy for her. She supposedly has two years to live as the alien doctors refuse to treat her.

Oh ok. I'll move this thread to the sci fi section when I can get to a computer. Thanks for letting me know

Oh ok. I'll move this thread to the sci fi section when I can get to a computer. Thanks for letting me know
Actually, it seems like I got things confused. Apparently Diana had told another member to post the same thing (an OOC and signups thread) here, so I was probably wrong, and this is perfectly fine where it is. I apologize for my mistake.

Oh! Ok.

I got confused too, it's ok

Status
Not open for further replies.