[Sci-fi] The Compatibility Operation [Sign-ups]

Emilio thinks he knows what to expect from Erin, but he thinks the others could be serial killers...
Psch, whereas Erin is definitely a serial killer.

emphasis on 'thinks'. She'll surprise you.

Pfft Thalia just liked animals and wanted to do something with animals and the C-O sounded peeeerfect. All of a sudden she's swept up and locked away and she's like "Where's the bunnies, man?"

Yeah, Julie probably didn't know what she was signing up for...

Maybe that's what Emilio expects from Erin. The point being, serial killers look like everyone else.

Emilio thought he was getting arrested for sleeping with the mayor's wife.

Oops! Sorry.

I thought I was watching the IC thread but I guess I forgot to.

Oops, I thought Erin was just temporarily stunned and not actually knocked out, I would try to have Emilio move her onto her bed but I'm not sure how she would respond if she wakes up in the middle of it.... Eh whatever, he's going to do the nice guy thing even though he's probably going to regret it. Then we can have a nice self introduction from Erin.

Oops, I thought Erin was just temporarily stunned and not actually knocked out, I would try to have Emilio move her onto her bed but I'm not sure how she would respond if she wakes up in the middle of it.... Eh whatever, he's going to do the nice guy thing even though he's probably going to regret it. Then we can have a nice self introduction from Erin.
Haha lol

We've got two potential new people, but I feel like our group is good as it is. I'm considering to allow one, as I wouldn't want to completely reject the idea of ALL new people. I don't know, what do you guys think?

We've got two potential new people, but I feel like our group is good as it is. I'm considering to allow one, as I wouldn't want to completely reject the idea of ALL new people. I don't know, what do you guys think?
I kinda prefer small groups, but I guess one more person would be alright...

I think the dynamic of the group is alright as it is, but if you want to add another person I wouldn't be butt hurt.

Well they're working on Apps maybe, if either of them post I'll consider it. But otherwise, continue as usual.

Sounds like a cue. (also, lowkey, does anyone know how to make images smaller on this forum? >>)

IC / Character creation

5bda02a84860b4349d4aa1149c5ebaf6.jpg

Name: Delta Rose Lee
Birth date: January 1st
Star sign: Capricorn
Race: Human
Animal of choice: Giant Hawk
Personality: Years of looking after nine younger siblings has crafted Delta into a very patient, responsible, and authoritative young woman. She approaches problems logically, with a clear solution in mind and a sequential plan to achieve the best possible outcome. Despite her deep respect for duty and obligation, Delt also has strong ambitions and will stop at almost nothing to fulfill them. She's learned that, because of her disability, people won't take her seriously unless she is exceptionally professional, aggressive, and unflinching in her opinions, making for an overall commanding presence. However, the young woman is not below using her cunning and resourcefulness to advance her own cause, using every advantage of her own cleverness to get where she needs to be. While her natural instincts are somewhat dictatorial, Delta's loyalty is absolute (once it is earned). She doesn't make friends very easily, and doesn't really care to do so anyways, but if by some miracle she starts to consider someone "family," she will do her best to make sure they're well-taken care of, even if she tries to be nonchalant about her genuine affections.

History: Delta Rose was adopted as a baby by Laura and Jonathan Lee, a young couple living on the northeast, coastal cliffs of Haven. The Lees made their living by researching the toxins in fish and other marine life, developing safer and more efficient methods of detoxification for the fishing industry; even after 100 years of surface living, humans were still susceptible to nuclear residue found in food and other resources from the ocean. Over the course of around fourteen years, the Lees would grow into a sprawling family of 12, each child having been adopted from an area of crisis to live in the peaceful fishing village by the sea.

Delta Rose was the eldest child, and to her was entrusted the enormous task of managing her youngest siblings while her parents worked- which was, to say the least, often. Every day for around ten years Delt was a nanny, tutor, peacemaker, playmate, cook ... She would provide everything her brothers and sisters needed to avoid disturbing her parents, who, although gifted with an endless generosity, devoted their lives to their research instead of to their children. In the minds of Laura and Jonathan, their work was focused toward creating a cleaner, better future for their family; they did not realize the pressure their absence caused on the uncomplaining Delta Rose.

Of course, it would have been easier had not Delta been paralyzed from the waist-down at age twelve. Memories of the incident were foggy: a long fall off of one of the seaside cliffs, strange numbness, and the sound of seagulls as a salty breeze played over her skin. Several doctors later, Delta was equipped with a wheelchair and a set of therapy exercises, though she had been told very gently that she would never walk again. As naturalists, Jonathan and Laura were firmly anti-cyborg; they believed that in the next twenty years the genetic engineering industry would have progressed to the point of bringing back their daughter's legs without amputation.

Adjusting to her wheelchair took some time, but after a few years Delta was functioning on four wheels almost as well as she had on two legs. Her arms grew lean and strong, and her senses grew more responsive in compensation for her lack of mobility. The young woman continued to take care of her siblings until the age of 18, when she decided to pursue a college education in the physical sciences. Moving to Aylin brought with it a whole new set of challenges, but Delta Rose adapted and survived, just as she had always done. She had just gotten home after finishing her first year of college when the opportunity to participate in an experiment with animals came onto her radar. Needless to say, Delta eagerly accepted.

Fighting style: Quick and clever. Delta knows she is at a natural disadvantage without her legs, but tries to use her shorter height to throw off her opponent. Rarely offensive; tries to disarm her opponent long enough to escape.
Place of origin: Northeastern highland cliffs of Haven.
OOC

Activity: 7.5. I can probably post around twice a week, but school and work take up most of my days.
RP ability: Adept, maybe advanced. I've been roleplaying for a while, and feel pretty confident in my ability to write long, in-depth posts, but I am still working on my style and on finding new ways to improve.
RP sample:
Delta Rose was cutting the crust off of her 9-year-old sister's sandwich when she heard the front door slam open with a BANG, a harsh noise that echoed through the steel walls of the Lee family lighthouse. Luckily the children were playing outside, else Delta knew they would have screamed at the sudden, jarring noise- and that's just what she needed: a house full of children screaming at what was probably a strong gust of wind. With a sigh, the young woman put down the half-de-crusted sandwich and rolled over to the lift, her sure hands turning the wheels of her chair with well-practiced ease. As she waited for the platform to rise to the third level of the lighthouse, Delta heard a new noise, one that made the hairs on her neck stand on end. Unfamiliar voices. There were people in her house.

They were coming up the stairs, and fast. Willing herself to calm down, the paraplegic abandoned the lift and instead reached for a sharp knife on the kitchen counter. She sat there, thinking, waiting. Robbers were scarce in the small fishing village, and even if they did exist she was sure they would not have broken in through the front door so obnoxiously. It was only moments before two uniformed government employees burst into the kitchen, panting from the long trek up the stairs. Delta regarded them with a calm but critical eye. "What is the meaning of this?" She snapped, though her hands remained carefully folded atop the knife.

"Delta Rose Lee? You're to come with us," one of the men responded, his voice brusque. The woman in question did not appreciate his tone, and frowned disapprovingly.
"May I ask why?" she asked again, staring the man and his colleague down. The second official spoke up more gently than his companion.
"It's government business, Miss Lee. Your parents have already been notified. Now please stand up and come with us." Delta almost laughed: clearly these men weren't very well-informed, either.
"I can't," she answered him with a shrug. Angered, the first guard took an aggressive step toward her.
"You WILL come with us, or we will be forced to sedate you." Delta glared at him once more, and when she responded her voice was as sharp as the knife she had placed back onto the counter.
"I can't walk, you moron. Now one of you wheel me onto that lift, and tell me everything you know."

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly it appears that the other one who wanted to apply has backed out.

Let's see - the disability would have to be worked around - a fox for someone who has no working legs? We'll see what your idea is for it.

As for the rest of it, it looks pretty ship-shape! I'll type you an entry post.

Excellent, thank you! I'm still a little hesitant on the fox, actually; I was thinking it could almost function as a service animal, making Delt's day-to-day life a little easier. The fox would assist her in everyday functions and be most useful for traveling short distances, but a hawk would be more useful for traveling longer distances, and would also be a little truer to my original vision of her character. I'll decide for 100% certain by the end of the day, if that's alright. *is constantly plagued by indecision*

Yeah that's okay - I just kind of would like to rush you on your decision. It's sort of important, aha!

Changed to hawk. Thank you for being so patient!