Sci Fi Roleplay Worldbuilding

S

SoKar

Original poster
There was once a mighty Federation of Planets that grew to span most of the known galaxy. In its glory days, it was a place of peaceful exploration and scientific discovery. Many wonders were discovered, breakthroughs that marveled the minds and set the souls to dreaming of the farthest reaches of space. Human's were seeded throughout the galaxy on terraformed paradises. They grew complacent, comfortable in their dominion and the protection granted them by their prime membership in the Federation. But as was with Rome, and the mighty Asciri Solace of old, eventually the mighty fall. The stories say that the Federation's reach brushed upon the territory of the Ascen. April 21st, 2354 is heralded the beginning of the war that will not end.

At first, the Ascen dominated the war. In the first few years, nearly half of the Federation fell to the Ascen. The horrors of the outer colonies are still taught to children as some of the greatest tragedies to occur in the last thousand years. Billions died while the remaining planets cowered behind the mighty starships of the Federation, many holding to their false belief that they were safe until the Ascen ships orbited their planet. Those who were fortunate were slain- the sick, or the elderly. The majority of the populations were enslaved, put to work building Ascen ships, living in labor camps and production factories where the only thing that mattered was one person's ability to work. The rules were simple, if you couldn't work, you didn't live.

The Federation Fleet engaged the Ascen as often as they could, but the battles were always decisive losses. Ascen ships were equipped with a protective shielding that Federation weapons could not penetrate, all the while the Ascen's weapons tore through Federation shields like they were made of paper. Thousands died onboard countless starships, most build and launched in such hasty timespans that they didn't have a full crew roster or even a ship name. Countless souls lost, without explanation or record. They simply were no more.

Talk were proposed. The Federation sent out feelers for diplomacy, demands, requests, pleads… the Ascen were not interested in talking. A formal surrender by the Federation was issued three years after the start of the war, and the request to disengage in the war was denied by a single Ascen response: Death to All.

Under the strain of impending doom, the Federation imploded in on itself. The remaining planets cease their cooperative efforts, and began to sure up their own systems, their own planet's defenses. One ship, dubbed the UFS Phoenix, managed to slip behind Ascen lines and capture a small freighter in hopes of securing food and supplied needed to help sure up the defense of his home planet. However, the complement of the freight turned out to be components needed for the construction of Ascen shields and weaponry, bound for one of the ship building facilities.

So it was that the planet Koran IV obtained dominance over the ashes of the Federation, and the turning of the tide came in the war with the Ascen. A new breed of starship was created, with weapons and defensive systems created via the Ascen technology. The Ascen advancement was finally halted in the Galvanian system, twenty three years after the beginning of the war. Three quarters of what was once Federation controlled systems now belong to the Ascen, but nobody on those planets today remember the Federation, or the golden age of its reign. They know only the Ascen.. they know only that work is life.

It is to the Koran Confederacy that our attentions turn for the sake of this play.

So what I am looking for is someone of an advanced writing level who will help me flush out the universe, who will help me with concepts, characters, history, planets... the works, and who will help me construct a roleplay based on this world.

PM me for details.