Sci-Fi Pathfinder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Protagonist

Original poster
Might anyone be interested in a Pathfinder campaign set in a science fiction setting I made (and then adapted to Pathfinder)? Here's the basic gist of the setting, in brief:

History:

800 years ago, the Dark One, Apollyon entered the Sol System and began to devour the sun.

However, before that could happen, humans constructed a super-AI deity known as Metatron, itself the reincarnation of a deceased light god. It invented FTL travel and evacuated humanity. The surviving humans began to worship Metatron and created a new interstellar republic dedicated to justice and progress known as Zion.
Zion soon discovered magic powers, and also contacted many aliens. Most of the aliens they encountered were feudalistic or tribalistic, and had mixed relationships with them.
Though Zion grew to be a major superpower rapidly, all was not well. For various reasons, some people became disillusioned with Zion, so they began to practice dark magic and necromancy. Eventually, they revolted and successfully ceded half of Zion, forming their own empire: The Enigma. The Enigma is a pseudo-communist dictatorship that limits technological advancement and stomps all over individual rights. The Enigma and Zion have been in conflict for over 500 years, with much of the galaxy dragged into their little war.

Races:

-Humans: Homo Sapiens, sapient primates from Earth. Though basically the newest people, they are rapidly advancing technologically and expanding very rapidly too. In Zion humans are the majority species, and most of its wealthy and political elite are humans. Zionite humans tend to value ambition and creativity as virtues.

-Androids: Androids are sentient machines created mostly in Zion (and most of them are built by a specific company called Atlas Industries). Ones loyal to Metatron and humanity are sometimes seen as somewhat holy to Zionites, though they are nonetheless usually treated as servants. They usually don't mind living a life of servitude, as they are usually programmed with personalities that like to do the things their creator intended them to do.

-Drow and Shabti: Drow are non-evil in this setting, and have a vaguely Egypt-like culture. They worship the goddess of death and maintain massive tombs and have extensive embalming processes. They live a relatively hedonistic lifestyle based on getting the most out of life. Unlike in nearly every other setting, Drow in Axiom live very short lives of 50 or so years by default. However, some wealthy and powerful Drow have turned themselves into immortal Shabti. Their society is run by said Shabti.

-Orcs: Orcs are also non-evil in this setting, though there are a good many of them who take to raiding and their society can be pretty warlike. Their society tends to believe that might makes right, and that competition creates strength. Orc culture generally promotes a sense of sportsmanship and honor, however. For example: Orcs will rarely intentionally kill defenseless bystanders-the ones that do are seen as scum even by other Orc raiders. To an Orc, to kill the defenseless is a sign of weakness. Most Orc technology appears to be salvaged and rather Mad-Maxish in look.

-Dwarves: Dwarves live in cold climates and often like to mine mountains for minerals and such. They have a slightly viking-like cultural aesthetic. They believe that the universe is harsh so that they can grow stronger by surviving it. They are often chummy to people they're close to.

-Elves: Elves often live in heavily forested areas and have some sort of mystical/spiritual connection to nature. They love biotechnology, nature, and terraforming, and consider it their duty to spread life across the galaxy. They tend to look down on more industrialized races. Their culture aesthetic is vaguely asiatic, so they tend to use katanas instead of straight swords, for example. Gnomes are relatives and allies of Elves.

-Gillfolk and Merfolk: Also known as Aquillions or the Myr, they are a semi-aquatic race that uses rather steampunkish-looking technology that to some humans might harken back to the golden age of piracy. They believe in a sort of anarcho-capitalist "enlightened self-interest"-type ideology that can more or less be summed up as "don't live for others or ask others to live for you". They tend to be merchants and treasure hunters, with the odd pirate here and there. They also tend to love ship life.

We can either be on a single planet or own our own spaceship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Count me in ✌

SAME!!!! I also have the advanced race guide so I can help if people aren't entirely satisfied with the races offered in the main post :)

I'm interested as well.

Soooo, PF rules in a play-by-post in a homebrewed sci-fi universe?

I'm loving it. and interested!

Though i have a few questions:

-Ideas on a Posting rate?
-What's the preferred Writing level?
-What are the Possible Character Classes?

I'm interested can play back up if their are to meny people. Will this be offsite on roll20 or text on iwaku?

Could be interesting, but I'd definitely want more details on how you plan on running the game. Same goes for any classes or kits which are or aren't allowed, and so-on.

Ah, apparently, I wasn't watching this thread and assumed nobody was interested. I'll see if I can try to get this started-what questions do people have?

I'm interested in classes and other materials allowed. I think someone else asked about how you planned on running this between Iwaku or roll20 and other such things.

Ah, apparently, I wasn't watching this thread and assumed nobody was interested. I'll see if I can try to get this started-what questions do people have?
How are we going to plan out and communicate this whole thing? Should we plan a call no skype or discord?

I'm interested in classes and other materials allowed. I think someone else asked about how you planned on running this between Iwaku or roll20 and other such things.
I'd be doing this on the forum.

As for other races and classes allowed: by default, all of them except for very overpowered ones. I'll probably give yes or no answers on a case-by-case basis.

I'd be doing this on the forum.

As for other races and classes allowed: by default, all of them except for very overpowered ones. I'll probably give yes or no answers on a case-by-case basis.
What LV will we start on? I'm thinking I'm going to be an Andriod or Drow class wise I might be a Skald, Multiclassed Monk Socresser, Investigator, or maybe a Claric. I'm up for playing anything that is needed in the party to balance it out.

I'm interested primarily in Path of War stuff, though otherwise, some sort of spellcaster might be fun. Possibly also going to roll android. Because everyone loves cute android girls, right?

I'm interested primarily in Path of War stuff, though otherwise, some sort of spellcaster might be fun. Possibly also going to roll android. Because everyone loves cute android girls, right?
Yah, normally when I play on roll20 people don't normally like cutesy anime stuff. But this is Iwaku and god dammit if we didn't I could be cutesy Gillwoman? Wait do Selkie count as Gillwoman? I'm really open for any race or mixed race.
[spoili]
natter_selkie_by_stressedjenny-d57trfp.jpg
[/spoili]

Maybe my group's just weird, but we do a lot of cute. Our roll 20 games tend to use a lot of anime silliness for the tokens, at least.

I love android girls!

Speaking of, androids are fairly important to this setting. They're considered semi-angelic by Zion, so it's nice to have them.

BTW, I'm thinking my character will be a Tinkerer Inquisitor Multiclass. Or maybe gunslinger, I'm unsure...

Last edited by a moderator:
I love android girls!

Speaking of, androids are fairly important to this setting. They're considered semi-angelic by Zion, so it's nice to have them.

BTW, I'm thinking my character will be a Tinkerer Inquisitor Multiclass. Or maybe gunslinger, I'm unsure...
We are allowed to use third party classes?

Status
Not open for further replies.