Corrupted_file

it_does_not_end_here_by_liveammo-d85ntm1.jpg

i_thought_of_you_and_where_you_d_gone_by_liveammo-d7vrzh4.jpg

Images by liveAmmo DeviantArt link: http://liveammo.deviantart.com/

NAME: Mitra Ravinder Glaisyer

NICKNAME(S): Kit, Ravi, Glad Slayer

POSITION: Deckhand

RACE: GMH

APPEARANCE: Red Fox/Fennec Fox, he has a deaf right ear and burn marks on his right shoulder. His ears are bigger than anyone else in his family. This is due to the fact that his mother was a Fennec Fox and he inherited her ears and height. He reaches only about 5' 1" full grown His eyes are a dark gray bordering on black. He tends to wear scarves for warmth and either a baseball cap or something else that is comfortable for working

---

PERSONALITY: Mitra enjoys being around people (as long as it's not a crowd). At first glance he seems incredibly friendly if a little abrupt. He's often rude, which caused by the fact that he has no ability to sensor his thoughts. He's bluntly honest about what he's thinking. He's entirely too stubborn for his own good. He'll dig his feet in and not let go of an idea even if it turns out it was wrong.

He tries to be optimistic. Most of the time this works out, he has endless curiosity and is always sticking his nose in things. But this also means he's willing to learn from others if he doesn't understand something.

He's in love with travelling, and tends to star gaze if he's thinking. He enjoys looking at maps and learning about other planets and areas. He wants to eventually become a Navigator and he has a lot of respect for Xago. However, he'd rather stay on board Ad Astra 9, where people that are like his family live; then switch to another ship.

He tends to sleep in if he doesn't have anything to do; he prefers a hammock or the higher areas of the ship. Mitra is in an incredibly bad mood if he's woken up from his sleep too early and he usually lashes out at the person responsible. He then proceeds to feel incredibly guilty, and it's one of the few times he's will to apologies.

His right ear will start twitching if he feels vulnerable, or weak. He dislikes it when people sneak up on him on his deaf side, and so favors that side a little more. He also feels uncomfortable in crowds, he starts to become snippy if he has to talk to more than a few people at a time.

He dislikes people who are hypocritical or who lie directly to him. Despite his stubborn streak and optimism he has a bit of self-esteem issue deep down. He always blames himself and will hide any guilt he feels deep inside his psyche; until he becomes incredibly depressed. Being around the other crew members the last ten years has helped this problem, but it's still there underneath all the cheerfulness.

HISTORY: Mitra is the result of a one night stand between a female Fennec Fox and a male Red Fox. It was thought that he wouldn't live past the birth, despite the Fennec Fox and Red Fox being in the same animal family and genus (Canidae, Vulpes) it is still a difficult pairing. But he was born with only one slight defect, he has turrets with his right ear which twitches when he is thinking deeply or nervous.

His mother had no wish to raise a child and abandoned him with his father's family. Her reasoning was that his father was far richer then her so he should be the one to raise Mitra. The family was incredibly upset by this irresponsible gesture; they probably would have treated Mitra at least a little better if he'd shown any sort of love art. Though he was excellent at sculpting he preferred to copy things he saw directly in reality instead of adding any creativity.

Instead he seemed to be far wilder then his cousins. Mitra loved to climb the trees around Yaedon, he collected as many maps as he could at a young age and started to study star charts instead of going to any of the balls or parties. He worked hard, not for a life of luxury, but because he enjoyed it. He felt far more alive when he was covered in dirt.

As a consequence, his father's family became more and more disgusted by him. He had only the loving relationship with his Father to help him develop social connections. He did try for a little while to become friends with his cousins, but when 'play time' ended with his right ear being slammed into a doorway by a large group of children he started to distrust others (he became deaf soon after). He was constantly told that everything that went wrong with the family was his fault. Eventually he would escape by sleeping in trees.

It escalated to an unbearable point. The last act of cruelty was when his aunt locked him in a shed and set it on fire. His father was able to break in and throw him to safety, but died himself in the fire that gave Mitra his scars.

Upset he made his way to the space port and snuck on board one of the ships that was stationed there. At that point he was only ten. He hopped from ship to ship until he found work on the Ad Astra 9 at 12 years. Though shy at first the crew members of this ship became closer than his blood family and he finally felt he belonged somewhere.

---

POWER: Molecular manipulation

ABILITIES: (In order of strength. Attacks, defence, spells you'd actually cast. Don't have to use all the spaces.)

1 – Molecular Oscillation – Ability to manipulate his own Molecules at a high frequency causing super human reflexes and speed for brief moments.

2 – Physical Disruption: Mitra is able to distort his own molecular structure so that he can phase through solid objects or beings.

3 – Molecular Inhibition: He has the ability to lower the temperature of the molecules around him so that an object or area is frozen solid.

4 - Molecular Adhesion: Ability to cling to solid surfaces by changing molecules to a combination of solid and liquid.

PASSIVE EFFECTS:

1 – Increased self-awareness – he knows exactly what's going on in his own body down to the molecular level.

2 – Increased object awareness – Mitra now has the ability to tell what an object is made up of at a molecular level.

DRAWBACKS:

1 – If he moves his molecules too fast, or for too long of a period he can actually cause them to catch fire, or melt causing serious injury to himself and those around him. This can also cause a Migraine or black outs at a less dangerous level.

2 – If he's not paying incredibly close attention to where he's going (or gets distracted mentally) he can get stuck in a solid object and cause damage to his internal organs.

3 – Can cause himself hypothermia, especially if he does this as an area type of attack. He isn't immune to freezing himself. Will give him brain freeze for a brief second.

4 – Causes his turrets to heighten, making him incredibly twitchy for hours after.

5 – His mind can be overwhelmed by the data he's getting and seeing, causing fainting spells, migraines, and brief moments of paranoia.

Error 404 – file not found
That's adorable. However, I want you to add a bit about what really stood out to Tingwink that would've made him able to board a star harvester age 12? It wouldn't make much sense, considering that he'd still have been a little kid and it's rather dangerous work. Not to mention that the protective gear probably didn't come in his size...

The other aspects of the CS are alright, though. I giggled at the drawback of "spontaneous combustion".

Spontaneous combustion is always fun ;)

Ah right, I have a few ideas for that. I can make him a couple years older (like fourteen or fifteen) or –

1. He could have snuck on board the Ad Astra 9 and impressed her with his stubbornness. He's a fairly good climber and is able to get into small places easily. He also tends to work extremely hard to prove to himself that he's worth it.

2. He lied about his age originally (maybe he looked a little older when he was younger and was able to get away with saying he was 14 or older). But proved himself enough that he wasn't kicked off when it was found out. (or something)

3. (Silly one) He joined a pirate crew and got caught by one of the Ad Astra 9 crew members while they were out in deep space. He was made deckhand/cabin boy until they could get him to the next port and the authorities, but when they arrived he refused to get off the ship.

As for his other skills, he can read maps really well and he stays up at night easily. I'm not sure if any of these would make Tingwink (I love that name by the way) keep him on board.

Any of them will work, really. Pick whichever one you wish! Tingwink's a bit of a nutter anyway - comes with the whole Lerrin package. She likes taking risks...and we've got a first mate with a soft spot for kiddies, too. All sorts of character development there.

Alright! Added that to the History section.

Oh! And added this the below as well, I had added the nickname originally, but forgot to put the history behind it.

The nickname 'Glad Slayer' was given to him after he ruined a ball by tracking quite a bit of mud and dirt into the main room.

Alright! Added that to the History section.

Oh! And added this the below as well, I had added the nickname originally, but forgot to put the history behind it.

The nickname 'Glad Slayer' was given to him after he ruined a ball by tracking quite a bit of mud and dirt into the main room.
Wonderful, you've been accepted!

Sorry for the holdup.

I had to put my grandmother in the nursing home because she's had so many seizures (on top of Alzheimer's). I don't know if she is going to live for much longer, but I'll try to do what I can.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
IceChateau777 said:
Sorry for the holdup.

I had to put my grandmother in the nursing home because she's had so many seizures (on top of Alzheimer's). I don't know if she is going to live for much longer, but I'll try to do what I can.

That must be rough, I'm sorry. *hug*

@adabotcon Xago probably started to like Mitra sooner than the rest of our current crew because of his soft spot for kids. I'm interested to see how their relationship plays out during the RP. (: sort of a mentor/mentee deal, maybe? Xago IS getting on in years, and might be looking for some way to pass on his knowledge.

Sorry for the holdup.

Oh goodness no; if IRL is dishing out some terrible stuff like that, I hardly expect you to be able to RP on top of it all. I'll keep you reserved until you're good and ready to write something up - but don't be surprised if I start the RP without you.

Seriously man, take all the time you need and keep your chin up. It'll get better.
That must be rough, I'm sorry. *hug*

@adabotcon Xago probably started to like Mitra sooner than the rest of our current crew because of his soft spot for kids. I'm interested to see how their relationship plays out during the RP. (: sort of a mentor/mentee deal, maybe? Xago IS getting on in years, and might be looking for some way to pass on his knowledge.
I was completely expecting a pseudo-father role from xago, actually, with Tingwink taking a motherly role in regards to Mitra..well, to an extent. She'll have certainly tried to stop him from going down the same path she did.

Okay, let's do a bit of clearing-up here.

If everything goes well, I plan to have the IC up by tomorrow morning.
You're probably asking why I'm suddenly jumping forward the date and not waiting for people. In actuality, it's all due to my own schedule - I'm actually going to get very busy over the next few weeks, and I'm worried it'll affect the quality of the IC posts and movement of the plot. Hence I want this ball rolling before I dive head-first into work just in case I drown and never come out of there so you don't miss out on interaction and character development, and so I'm not tempted to rush through the opening sequence to get to "the good stuff" before it all gets too busy for me to separate it into different posts.

What does this mean for you guys?
Well, it means one of several things. For those with character sheets underway/reserved (@Bakugou @Crow @Linnie) you don't -have- to have your character sheets up by then but it would be very VERY helpful if you did. For those with character sheets completed and accepted (@Jessikka @Valentyne @girlabot @Dipper) be prepared to be plunged into the world of Star Rush much sooner than you think.

Remember, character interaction is a cool thing that you should try especially in your opening post because you'll be quite lost if everyone assembled themselves into different corners of the room wordlessly and then have to wait on people to post again to talk to someone.

What am I, the leader of the RP, going to do for you lot?
Aside from what it says on the rules which you've all read, I'm also going to separate my posts from time to time into two sections - plot, and character. I'd love it if you read them when they're posted up... But I'd prefer it if you read just the plot if you're busy or somesuch to see where we're going and what we're doing.

On top of every post I make I'll be putting the general "time of day" (In regards to the spaceship, which runs on human 24-hour days), the location of the ship, and other such facts to keep you all updated. Some small time skips may be necessary - for example, we'll do some rounds of posts about getting ready for bed, but I may skip to morning once everyone's gone to bed. What this specifically means is that if you want to RP out some sort of...I don't know, midnight brooding session then you may have to pick a partner and take it into PM for a collab.

And, trust me, despite my busy schedule things are going to move surprisingly quickly at the start, hence my hesitation to get going until everyone's ready. But now I'm running out of time myself, I want to get this going.

So the IC will be finished any time between now and 9AM GMT tomorrow. Keep an eye on this thread!

Reactions: girlabot and Dipper
I'll put up a character sheet underway, in this case. It's like, two in the morning here. I'm living in the states, and I really wish to join! However, if I must drop out, I'll have you know.

Hum de dum...just waiting on Jess, the slack. Out of curiosity; character theme songs? Anyone got any for theirs? Personally, I think crystallized by the XX suits Tingwink pretty well.

I'm thinking Touch the Sky by Julie Fowlis for Mitra. It takes a hold of his adventurous spirit.

Cool Guys Don't Look at Explosions. It's perfect.

LAST WARNING: @Crow @Bakugou - you both need to finish your CS before the weekend is over else I'll move the plot on without you both. By next weekend, if these sheets are not completed, you will be removed from the roster and your spaces opened up for new candidates.

Lovely posts, everyone! I will be writing a post over the weekend in terms of plot progression and I will post it come Monday morning.

A little late, but I think Burning Bright by Shinedown is a pretty fitting theme song for Xago.

Right, the IC post was a bit on the short side (again I find myself pressed for time!) but the concept is alive and kicking. @girlabot I would like to do a (short) collab with you before the introduction of the next IC post, if that's alright. Naturally, there will be plot spoilers, but you won't be hearing -any- that won't be revealed on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.