Schwerpunkt '89 - Roleplaying in the Aftermath of the World War III That Never Was

ze_kraken

Professional Squid
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Online Availability
16:00-20:00 US Central
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Cyberpunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and other low-tech/fantasy.
Background Music

SCHWERPUNKT '89

image0.jpeg

The World Ended January 1, 1986...

After both a conventional and nuclear war between the USSR and NATO forces in Western Europe, the world was left in shambles. The United States and Russia were both devastated as the fears of mutually assured destruction were realized to their fullest, and much of mainland Europe was left equally devastated by the deployment of tactical nuclear weapons to halt both Soviet and NATO military advances. The fighting lingered for years after, but pittered and stalled as it became clear there simply was little worth fighting for except for one primal need: survival.

The year is now 1989, and life in Europe looks much like it did in its Dark Ages. Former military units, helmed by either their commanding officers or upstart enlisted men, have become defacto warlords in the husks of cities and others have taken to banditry along the shelled-out highways. Those with the most functioning military-grade equipment functional reign supreme, and though national divides still breed distrust, it's a dog-eat-dog world.

In the newly-dubbed city of New Hanover in Germany, the former American military unit - along with a considerable population of European civilians - known as "Team Yankee" has managed to carve out a piece of the wastelands to call its own. Armed with a handful of armored vehicles, as well as two operational tanks, it has managed to exist in relative peace and stability since '86. Part of its competitive success can be attributed to Ranger Team 1 which scours the wastes for resources, scouts out potential threats, and guides military forces into battle safely.

Surviving the Wastes

In this character-driven RP, you will assume the role of a member of Ranger Team 1 in a world inspired by such novels as Team Yankee and Red Storm Rising as well as a number of games and tabletop RPGs from the 1980s that captured the imagination by portraying a post-war Europe. As you comb the wastes for resources in an ever-increasingly resource-scarce world you will be faced with challenges to not only the survival of your character but the community of New Hanover as well.

So grab your rifle in hand, make sure you've got enough iodine pills, and come test your mettle in the wastes of the Europe-that-was...

• Spicy
Reactions: Peregrine and Owl
Super interested in this, this sounds awesome!

Reactions: ze_kraken
I'm not 100% but I think the discord link may have expired.

Reactions: HiveFleetDelicious
This has caught my interest, if there is room for one more I'd gladly join.

Reactions: ze_kraken
This has caught my interest, if there is room for one more I'd gladly join.

Absolutely! I think the link above your post should work!

This RP is no longer currently accepting new players!