School of the Mystic OOC&Sign up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha maybe I shall, but the iPad hates most sites to watch stuff on. Or most sites hate an iPad, whichever.

Anyway, it's on the list, for some time when I have time.
For now I'm just trying to get in tune with my damn role >.< (acting class)

It's in front of a camera, so the stage fright stuff is a little… different then XD
And it's just a workshop of 14 weeks, had the 11th one today.
And I'm playing the woman that stabbed her husband and now is being sent off to an asylum. ^^' yay me.
Well, that's the short version at least XD

Well… I don't know XD I don't suppose I'm a good enough actress, or have the guts to take it full scale. For now I'm just following an acting course, see what it does :P

I believe too :O That's sounds so fun! I've always wanted to do some acting c:
I've been able to cry on command for years and I've never put it to use >:l

Hehe I'm sorta able to cry on command as well. Kinda got rusty, but still got it.
Were given the text and assigned a partner and then had to develop the whole feel and emotions ourselves XD My character went from 100% mentally afk, to Joker style insane, then to outraged, then became more Lisa Rowe trying to manipulate people, and now it's finalized on a character who's angry at the person opposite her, but inside is very, very sad and damaged. (and the not fun part was I'm dyslectic, and in the scene we're doing I have 85% of the texts to do XD FML)

Ohh shit that sucks D:
Well, I'm sure once the emotions are in there, the words will flow naturally >:3
You're going to do amazing :D!

that I was the one that knew most of my lines the next day already XD the rest are still sometimes struggling 7 weeks later XD
Anyway, yeah ill do fine. I'm just occasionally pissed off because some lady keeps saying how perfect I am for the role, that my voice just works great for it. A great type cast and all that... Like excuse me woman, are you trying to tell me I look and sound mentally insane? She even said at first she was afraid she would end up having a nightmare about me.
Good lord you have no idea how much I wished to really be mental and just let go and attack her >.<

Yay! I'm back from the trip and now off to resume creating the profile! :D I've read the others' character sheets too and I somewhat got intimidated at first (in a good way, no worries) that I will be dragging my brain and challenge it to stretch its imagination a little bit more, which is good. I like all the characters so far, they were very well thought out and written! It's inspiring, really. I like you guys already and the way you write TwT

All right, so I will be able to post my character sheet here today hopefully since I have work right now, and if no one posts after me, then I'll just edit this since I don't want to do a double post :) I'll be back in a while.

*Rushes to get all the office work done to have more time to make the profile*

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see you return!
I'm glad you are liking what you're seeing so far, and can't wait yo see what you come up with.
Have a good day!

Thanks! Oh, and congratulations on getting the part, Olissa! Do take it as a compliment because playing as an insane person is quite a challenge! We've been through that in theater and film back in college and it's a reaaaally big deal when you are able to pull it off good enough to scare your audiences. If you are able to give them the worst chills bad enough to scare them even off the set then goodness gracious, you are a great actress. So go for it and give them nightmares! >:D

Hehe thanks :)
the character is now a little less frightening, and more... In pain I guess? But the first time I played her she was downright creepy XD
So I take it you've done some stuff with theater and film as well?

Sure thing ^_^
Oh.. So she has different personalities then? :o
Yes, it was part of our course and it was fun :)

Oh no, I must have explained it wrong, we had to develop the character ourselves. We just got the text and setting, it was up to us to figure out the relation between the characters, how they stood in the situations, what they wanted or not, and everything else. Of course with some guidance. So I tried playing her in many different ways and settled on the final one :)

I see! Sorry about that, it must be because I'm a bit sleepy right now XD

Oh don't worry about it, sleep deprivation has made me not understand far more simple things in the past XD

Status
Not open for further replies.