School of Music (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juliet ignored his early remark and gave him her full attention as he spoke.She felt some passion in Johnny's words as he explained to her what seemed like the basic art of acting.She knew nothing abojn acting, but she knew that he was right.How else would the actors be able to stand on stage and be a completely different , almost unrecognizable, person on stage?

It took Juliet a while to realize that she was actually staring at Johnny, and if he didn't give her a smile she might not even notice at all.Completely ignoring what she just did, she turned her gaze towards her and gave a small smile to the ground."Mmh...I'm not completely sure about that part" she said, closing her eyes."Yes,those are very important things to understand someone even more, but there's another thing to it: You'll need to get the person to actually open up to you, and if they actually want to do so"

((@Sadicoatl what? oAo aww hope you get better soon > <))

Atalyah bit her lip, a little anxious to get moving. No one seemed to be talking at the moment and she found it very, very, awkward. She was not used to people and there was a chance that she would never be used to people. If it wasn't for this amazing school, she would have chosen to go to a local university , University of Queensland, at home and invest her time doing a degree on Wildlife Science. Perhaps even get a job in a zoo. If it wasn't music, then the blonde was around animals. That or cars. Or nature. Or mud. she loved to play in mud. Basically, this adult was a child at heart and she was already starting to miss the comfort of knowing everyone in her local high school. She didn't know where to go, that was true, but she was smart enough to figure out on her own, Atalyah decided, taking a step back. "I, uh, thank you for your help. But I think I can find my way around," she mumbled, offering a nervous smile. Of all the times, why did the nerves have to set in now? It was making her stomach turn and she needed to use the dunny. "Excuse me. Nature calls." and with that, she left, hurrying towards what seemed like the nearest toilet. 'That was way too embarrassing than it should have been.'

The brunette wandered around aimlessly after she finished her business in the registration department. With her hands on pocket, she tilted her head up, letting her eyes take in the beauty of the campus buildings around her. The school was built on solid concrete, with its creases and color displaying how it stood throughout time. It reminded her of the old churches in Siquijor, or even the college buildings of the University of the Philippines Diliman somehow. Though she was not sure if they were the same in terms of age from when both were founded, the two had the same relaxing aura to it. Admitting to herself, she could get used to this place.

Moving towards a nearby water fountain to relieve her thirst, a running figure caught her attention. It was another girl, a light-skinned one, and with her light-colored hair, Laida wondered if she was a vampire of some sort. Perhaps she just dyed her hair. Nevertheless, it looked pretty cool on her and the tan brunette was snapped out of her thoughts when the girl vanished behind a door to the ladies room. Was she an albino? A fairy? The girl couldn't help but ask deep down.

An imaginary bell labelled as "amused" rang in her head. With a small smile forming her lips, she fidgeted with her fingers, quite eager to see (and observe) this girl again.

((@Demmy Fangirly girl crush lol XD))

Atalyah shuddered, standing in front of the sink and sighing. She didn't dare look in the mirror, she hated mirrors. Sighing again, turned the knob and splashed her face with water, giggling at how cold the water felt. So different from her high school where every tap was warm unless you were in the CC. She finally looked up at the mirror and frowned, pulling a face and turning off the water. Stupid reflections. She hated hers. Oh well, who cared? Humming softly, she used her sleeve to wipe the water from her face as she left the restroom. This time, she planned on watching where she was walking and not talking to anyone.

(( @Kimu11 ))

Nodding at her explanation, Johnny completely agreed with her. "Yes, you're definitely right." He looked away again for a brief moment. "It's sad that you don't find a lot of people trusting each other these days though.. There aren't a lot of 'opening ups' happening in this generation." He almost scoffed at that, and yet he maintained his relaxed smile. Truth be told, he was one of those people who usually keeps all the important information to himself. It did not really look like it since he is not really the shy type, and he could only reveal to others the shallow things about himself. His deepest secrets and desires? Pff. No one even bothered to ask. Well, he wasn't too keen on giving it away in the first place anyway. This saddened him a little. There weren't really a lot of those who treated him the same way he treated them. He was always the one listening, giving advice, cheering people on. He has yet to meet someone who is like him at some point -- and then he could share.

"So do you have art and design in your schedule?" He finally veered away from the serious topic, thinking that now is not the time to get into a serious discussion about trust and the likes. He wanted to know anyway, since he wondered if she would be in the same class as him. Johnny figured she took the subject seeing how good she drew her sketch earlier.

((@Haruka Thanks! I finally got discharged from the hospital!))

The young woman did what every curious cat would do: follow their source of amusement. After taking a short sip of her drink at the water fountain, the brunette casually clasped her hands behind her and lightly trailed behind the light-haired girl wherever she went. Of course, she kept her distance and tried her best to avoid being seen but then after a couple of minutes of following, she finally came to realize that she is behaving like a stalking creep and so decided whether or not she should just approach the girl. She would very much like to make friends with her no doubt, but with how the girl walked around, trying to avoid conversations from other people and all, Laida felt like she would just annoy her if she entered her space. Also, another question popped in her mind that slightly raised a concern: what would she talk about? What will be her reason for approaching the girl? To simply tell her that she's pretty? Laida winced at the thought. She didn't want to look like an aggressive lesbian. Comment on her beautiful hair perhaps? Doi. She'd probably be labeled as a foreign country bumpkin. But what if..

Laida finally approached the girl. "Hi.. I'm sorry but I can't help but notice so I thought I should just ask.. Are you a fairy by any chance?"

Yeah, what if she just became honest with it, right?

((@Demmy))

The blonde girl glanced over her shoulder every now and again, feeling as if people were watching her. It was a common feeling, but it seemed to be getting worse. At this point, she was wishing she could turn invisible. And so, at the moment, she squealed, ducking slightly so that she didn't make eye contact with the girl beside her. "Fairy?" she asked, blinking a couple times before looking up at her. "In what way do I look like a fairy?" Seriously, though, she didn't understand what the girl was asking. Was it some sort of College thing?

((@Kimu11))

Grinning upon seeing the girl duck a little from being startled, Laida rubbed the back of her head sheepishly, feeling somewhat sorry for surprising her like that. When she was asked what she meant, the brunette looked up for a while at the thought. After all, she did not want to say anything that might offend the girl.

"Well.. You have very light hair and skin first and foremost, but it's your breathtaking beauty that made me think so." Laida explained, her words beginning to trail off in the end. This girl wasn't a fairy, was she? A feeling of embarrassment began to churn in her stomach. Well, that was such a nice first impression.

((@Demmy ))

"W-well... I'm far from being a fairy," Atalyah murmured, rubbing the back of her head nervously. The girl had thought that she was a fairy. Was she crazy? If so, that would be a relief. At least that way, the blonde would know she wasn't the only one at college that belonged in a mental asylumn. Of course, she doubted their thoughts were anywhere near similar. Even so, she cleared her throat, holding out her hand. "M-my name is Atalyah." After a second, she pulled her hand back up and rubbed the back of her neck once again, making it look like a deliberate and swift action. She hoped that the other girl didn't notice.

Surprised at the girl's reaction (of not being offended, at least), what probably looked like a fairy enthusiast to Atalyah gleefully took her hand in a firm handshake and grinned quite cheerfully while clutching the strap of her kudyapi case to keep it secured on her shoulder. "Delighted to meet you, Atalyah. My name's Laida." Seeing how this girl pull her hand back rather swiftly, Laida was tempted to quickly assume that she was the shy type. Because of this, the brunette tried her best to make her feel comfortable even after all the fairy comments she threw earlier, "I'm new here. Are you a freshman as well?" Laida hoped that if Atalyah were a newcomer, she would at least be able to have something in common with her. Since this is a music school, she was hoping as well that this girl would be 'okay' at least with what she listens to. Coming from a conservative community in a small island, metal (and its subgenres) isn't exactly pleasing to anyone two generations older than her.

((@Demmy))

Laida... What an interesting name. Atalyah cleared her throat, glancing around the place. "Well, actually, I am," the blonde replied, watched a butterfly swoop down to the grass, then take off again, its powerful wings sending dust and dirt into the air. They were both freshman. At least there was another thing they had in common. Finally looking back at Laida, Atalyah attempted to smile, taking in the girl's appearance. She was rather pretty, in fact, and Atalyah dropped her eyes to the ground in an instant, embarrassed.

"Wonderful!" The tan brunette exclaimed, her hands clasped together. She tilted her head to the side a bit, causing the long brown hair tied back in a high ponytail to sway a little. Laida felt relieved to have passed this challenge: making new friends. She had quite some challenge with that before.. Well, even up until now to be honest, and it's because she is either too straightforward, or too reserved. To her, playing between black and white was quite difficult and whenever she tries to adjust her personality with the rest, it almost always come out as awkward. This was so mostly because she pops out or comes to life out of the blue, shocking those who have been used to her being so quiet and receptive. But being in the university now, she has got to try to adjust more. After all, she will be staying in here for a while. It was really just a good thing she met someone as nice as Atalyah. Deep down, the brunette wished she wouldn't slip this time and embarrass herself or her new friend.

"So what brings you here in this university?" She started, curious now as to what her new friend wanted to achieve in this school.

The girl seemed rather excited and Atalyah sighed, crossing her arms behind her back. "What brings me here?" she asked, frowning. "Well, I didn't get a high enough score to get into the university that I wanted to at home, so I came here instead. This was my back up plan." Why did she say that? It was the perfect first impression. Perfect. Now all she needed to do was join the circus and her embarrassment would be complete.

Laida's smile faded a little at the girl's answer. "Oh.. Well, I'm sorry to hear that.. But at least this was part of your plan even though it's second choice, right?" She responded gleefully in an attempt to spark a smile from Atalyah or perhaps comfort her just in case she felt down about that. The brunette didn't like seeing anyone sad for any reason. Turning her eyes to the buildings around her, she sighed in content. "I have always wanted to take music.. It has always been a dream of mine to be in a band and perhaps score great deals in making music for horror movies.. 'Figured this was the best place to start." Switching her eyes back to her new friend, she curiously asked. "What was it that you were aiming for in your first choice? Still the same course?" With curiosity oozing from her being, she wondered what kind of dream a girl like Atalyah wanted to pursue. It has always been interesting for her to see and meet other people and their unique abilities.

Atalyah nodded slightly, glancing around the school. "Horror movies are great. That's a wonderful plan," she murmured, shivering slightly. "My choice?" Atalyah frowned. "I wanted to do a course in wildlife science. I've always loved the idea of working in a zoo and with animals. But what would I dream of if they all came true?" she gave Laida a small smile. "What instrument do you play, if you wanted to be in a band?"

The brunette's wandering eyes urgently snapped back at Atlayah's at the mention of "Wildlife Science." Call it a coincidence but aside from the arts, she loved science too! Ecology and environmental science combined.. This was her favorite subject back in highschool, as her alma mater placed a huge importance in teaching the five major sciences, plus the other branches under electives and apprenticeship. Having a background on that, Laida pursued Environmental Science the first time she went to college. She very well remembered the joy of pitching tents and tagging sea turtles to count the eggs they lay in the beautiful coast of Morong, Bataan as part of their practical exam, as well as gathering information about the types of birds in their area as part of completing her thesis on Indicator Species.. It was a course for the adventurous who didn't mind getting their hands dirty (Handling an average of 104 eggs the size of a pingpong ball PER sea turtle and transporting them to a conservation area away from poachers isn't exactly what you would call a "clean" job), and Laida very well understood Atalyah's desire to take it. She was literally on the verge of dragging the girl to her choice of university and demanding the professors to take her in. Sure, passing the exam was one thing, but the passion behind it matters too because once you have the strong passion for something, you would always be eager to learn -- and learning takes you to places..

Realizing now that she somewhat dazed off for a few seconds, she shook her head lightly and answered the girl's question. "I play the Kudyapi," she said, glancing at the case straped on her shoulder and unzipping the top part to reveal the head of the instrument deocrated with feathers. "It's like a guitar, but with only two strings in it." Zipping it back in, she continued. "I'd love to use that in a band, especially if I'm playing metal. It makes the whole thing creepier. Add the harmonica to that too." For a second, her eyes narrowed a little to express her mischievous intentions, before grinning. "But I'd like to play lead or rhythm guitar or a combination of both.. whatever it is that the band needs at the moment, I'd be happy to adjust to it." Having another session of realizations, she clasped her hands together once again, curious now if Atalayah plays an instrument as well. "Do you play an instrument by any chance?" She asked, brown eyes wide in hopes of her saying yes.

"And hey, if you want, we can study science together so that maybe after all this, you can give Wildlife Science a shot again. I might be studying tech in this university, but I'd love to study with you." With that, she raised a right hand. "I swear.. It's an awesome course. Working with animals? You'll love it there. You can take my word for it." She pursed a smile, trying her best to suppress her overexcitement.

Atalyah tilted her head slightly, watching the girl space out for a long while. She was about to say something, but Laida had snapped back to reality, shaking her head. In all honesty, the blonde had never heard of such an instrument and she was intrigued as to how it would sound. "Seems fascinating. I wonder how it sounds," she murmured out loud without realising. She smiled, looking away once the instrument was out of sight and up at Laida. Did she play an instrument? Of course. If it wasn't animals, music was her life. "I play various instruments, but none as well as I play my alto sax. Though, I also play the bass pretty well, too," Atalyah replied.

The young girl's eyes widened as she listened. This girl was offering to study with her. Even though they'd just met. Had she taken the course before. Apparently so. Atalyah grinned, hardly able to contain her excitement. "You... You actually mean that?" she asked in a whisper.

"It hums like a drone on the second string, and the first string sounds the same as a guitar." Lyda explained with an excited look on her face. That wasn't really the best description for it, but it was the only thing she could come up with at this moment. The brunette held her breath when Atalyah mentioned the alto sax. An image of her father flashed in her mind for a split second. He plays the alto saxophone as well, though specializes more on tenor. Nevertheless, this impressed the Pacific Islander. It was rare to find girls who could use the sax - mainly because the instrument tend to lean on the big and heavy side. Girls aren't really known to carry heavy things.... Or perhaps she had been generalizing women too much.. Lingering on that thought for a while, Laida silently just gave the conclusion that this girl was used to carrying heavy things.. Hearing her exclain her awe at the offer however, Laida nodded in glee.
"You bet! Here.." Taking out a small sheet of paper and pen from the pocket of her kudyapi case, she unfolded it and tore the part with the most writing space available. It seems that the paper had been scribbled with lyrics and corrections, possibly a draft from one of her original compositions. The brunette scribbled her name and number on the small paper and handed it to the girl. She continued, "Anytime you need help with anything, you can send me a text." It was evident in her gestures that she loved to help others, especially if the task was within her field of knowledge.

((I'm baaack ^_^ sorry it took so long D: ))

((It's fine, really.))

"Fascinating," Atalyah whispered, smiling. She frowned, though, realising that something was bothering the other girl. Taking a breath, she watched the girls scribble on a piece of paper. Smiling once again, she took the tiny piece and glanced at it. "Wow. Uh, thank you so much," she murmured.

((I'm sorry for the very short post.))

Status
Not open for further replies.