School of Life- Story Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeremy
Interactions: None
Jeremy finished drying the dishes and put them away. While he had been doing the task, he had heard Levi ask about sugar, and seeing that Ruben was eating, he grabbed both the sugar and cinnamon. After setting them next to the tea, he moved over to the table and sat down, pulling his plate towards him. His eyes wandered down to the flapjacks and sausage on his plate. It looked good, so he took a bite, then quickly took another. He had not realized how hungry he was, so it only took a few minutes for him to finish off what was on his plate.

Picking up his plate, he brought it to the sink and began to wash it. While he washed the dishes he had used, he thought about what he was going to do today. After this, he would check on the greenhouse again because he liked being in there, then he would go to school and afterwards check the field and greenhouse one more time. After that it would be time to come back here and cook more. It was about the same schedule everyday, but that wasn't all bad. It was safe here at least. Putting his dishes away after drying, he waited for the tea to be ready.

Seth
Interactions: @-'ToxicGhostie'- (Casper)
"Nope." Seth lifted his head and cocked an eyebrow, knowing very well that Casper had some sort of difficulty right after waking up. "Sounded like you almost fell to the floor while jumping out of bed." The grin on his face widened as he spoke. "Maybe I was just imagining it." His eyes landed on Casper's and he always found it nice to be greeted by two colors rather than one, even if the white hair usually covered one of those colors. If he looked just right, he managed to see both, and he found himself trying to look just right a lot of the time. Blue and green went well together. Sadly there was no way to see both of the eyes since Casper was looking at his shoes.

Deciding not to continue staring, Seth dropped his head back to rest on the grass. He should come outside more often. Even if it was just to sleep, the fresh air was nice. Maybe that is what he would do today, find somewhere peaceful and take a nap. Sounded as good a plan as any. "What do you plan on doing today?" School no doubt. Not like this place would teach anything useful.

Reactions: :Cosmic:
Casper
Mentions: {x}
Interactions: Seth (@Icystorm )
Outfit: OOTD

A light blush bloomed on the boy's cheeks as he remembered how he got up. He awkwardly rubbed the back of his head, then brushed his white hair out of his eyes and looked over at Seth again. "Oh, uh, right... yeah, no, just a bit more groggy than usual this morning. Forgot I was in the top bunk..." Casper chuckled lightly to make himself feel less uncomfortable, but it was no use. It was a miracle he hadn't covered his eye again with his hair, or that he had brushed it away in the first place. He never really liked his eyes; they were too... abnormal, at least for his liking. The boy felt much better covering one up, because then he looked a bit more ordinary. "I'll probably just go to school, because, y'know... I'm lame." Casper shrugged, laying down with his arms crossed over his chest. He stared up at the sky and let out another small chuckle. "I had thought about skipping, though. But I don't even know what I'd really do all day if I didn't go..." He sighed, biting the inside of his cheek after speaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Levi

Interactions Ruben @Charlie Vasilyev Jeremy @Icystorm

"Huh? Oh yes there is tea.." Levi replied to Ruben as though he had forgotten that he was making tea. "Yea it should be done.." He added as he moved to the oven. "Thank you Ruben for the reminder and the pencils..." He added with a warm tone as he poured the tea from the kettle into a pot and walked it over to the table. "Ready." He chirped before walking off. "Wait...my bags at the table..." He muttered before turning around and sitting at the table with a slightly lost look.

"Oh ships, merci Germany." Levi chirped as Jeremy brought over the sugar and placed it next to the tea. "Drink up." He added before pouring himself a cup. "Thank you Ruben, the flapjacks were delicious." He cheered with a grin before opening his book. "Very good indeed.." He muttered afterwards before taking a sip from his tea. "A bit hot..." He added as he set the cup down on the table.

Date/Time: 20 September/Friday/8:00 AM

[fieldbox="PETE, royalblue, dashed, 10, trebuchet ms"]Interactions: None
Mentions: None

Pete was definently not going to school today. She didn't like she could stand sitting through any classes today. She could get some work done and exercise though. Quietly coming down from the tree she put her cigarettes out and pocketed it as she walked back towards the houses. Some students who were going to be late were running to the school, but most had left already. She entered the house and went to the kitchen rooting through the trash until she found a chip bag. She dropped her cigarette butt in that and then wiped her hands on her shirt. After that Pete just stood in the kitchen her mind wandering as she considered what to do.

Finally she decided on swimming and rushed upstairs. She changed into a set of sports shorts and her tank top she slept in before running back down the stairs and out of the house.

Pete headed back to her favorite tree at a brisk walk and from there went to the river brink. Pete wasn't the strongest swimmer and it wasn't bright to swim alone, but she wasn't thinking out that as she got into the cold water.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="RUBEN, red, dotted, 10, andale mono"]Interactions: None

After clean up Ruben and gone up and grabbed his bright red jansport backpack that had all his school supplies in it. He put his diabetes supplies in the very front pocket of his backpack for easy access and then after tying on a set of navy blue sneakers he had walked to school.

Ruben had History class first. He was always a bit early because it gave him time to sit down and adjust everything how he liked it before the bell rang and everyone else was expected to be there. While Ruben was not a very good student or one who answered questions a lot he still put a lot of work into his classes and tried hard. He sat in the third row so she was close enough to the board to be able to focus on deciphering what was on it and far enough back so he wasn't called on a lot.

Ruben took out his notebook and history textbook and put them on the little chipped desk along with two pencils and a pen and then leaned back and closed his eyes as she waited for everyone else to come in. He was catching a few extra Zzzs, ignoring the bustle of students coming in when the bell rang and he sat up and rubbed his eyes.
[/fieldbox]

BqFHYib.jpg

× N A T H A N I E L / L A U R E N T / D U R A N D /
LOCATION; LIBRARY.⠀⠀⠀OUTFIT; 2⠀⠀⠀ INTERACTION; MENTION; MERINA (@koolkat4595)⠀⠀⠀ MENTION; MERINA (@koolkat4595)
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ . ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ . ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ . ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ . ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
G
LANCING AT THE WALL CLOCK
positioned near him, Nathaniel became aware that class was about to commence, and although not compulsory, he would continuously have an itching feeling that bothered him for the rest of the day; which was not very good, considering everything around him also triggered that said itching feeling. The feather duster in his grip slid into its holder with ease, as he conveyed a few of the books he had wanted to borrow into his book bag. He smoothed down his loose-fitting denim jeans, before slinging the carrier once more over his left shoulder. "Mer ?" He called out, minding his 'Library Voice', "Class' about to start — are you going ?" Nathaniel shifted in his spot.

[spacer]He pressed his hand against the door handle, "Oh, and before I forget; there's this one bloke who's lost his wallet and a ... watch, I think ?" Nathaniel's face contorted in contemplation, "Yeah, think that's bout' right — see you after class ?"[/spacer]

[dash] Outfit: Galaxy Kitty | Location: Library - classroom | Interaction: Nathaniel ([COLOR=#ff99cc]Envie[/COLOR]) | Mentions: Nathaniel ([COLOR=#ff99cc]Envie[/COLOR])
[/dash]
Merina's head snapped up at the mention of her name. It was nate. "Mer? class is about to start, are you going? " Merina was grateful for the reminder. It was not every day that she was this forgetful. She attributed it to the constant late nights working on her projects for the secret meet up. Nate went on to let her now about a lost item, which needed to be turned in to the office, less someone would swear she or nate took it."Yes thanks, ill take care of it" Merina replied as he left. Nate was an ideal job partner to Merina. He was not messy, like some boys at the school, and he even looked kinda cute. Though Merina hardly ever entertained boys, it wasnt like she did not have feelings. Merina was mostly finished anyways. She left the section she was organizing and picked up the items from behind the front desk, where lost items usually go before getting dropped off. Picking up her back as well, Merina headed out the door.

Merina was thankful that the main building was not too big. She managed to drop off the items and get to class right as the bell rung. She walked towards her usual seat, towards the middle of the class by the windows. It was the perfect spot for casual glances at the oddly beautiful view, and close enough to the front to where she could get some learning done. Merina got out her pencil and notebook, that looked used but still in good condition. Merina took good notes, but hardly used them. She would sometimes let others use them, for a fee of course, since it was better to have them use one way or another. Merina did love to learn, even if the teachers were less than excited to teach such a lively bunch of rejects. Even if society rejects them all and put them in this box of a school, they could only oppress them for so long. Merina gazed out the window and looked forward to the day she would be free.

• Love
Reactions: Prissy
Seth

The grin on Seth's face softened as Casper spoke, or more accurately, stumbled over the words. It wasn't the nicest of him to embarrass the other guy like that, so he would try to be less of a dick, and most days describing his attitude in that way was putting it kindly. It was hard to change himself, but being friendlier to one individual would be easy enough.

Choosing to drop the topic of what went on earlier that morning, Seth took a deep breath and slowly let it out, the grin fading entirely as his body relaxed. "That does not make you lame. That makes you.." Seth narrowed his eyes in thought, coming up empty for what to say. "Makes you not me I guess, which is probably a good thing." He had not done anything with his life, and with how things were going he didn't plan to do anything anytime soon. His ambition was little to none, and in a way that bothered Seth, but on the other hand, he just didn't care. "If you do skip, I can't help you too much with what to do. There is what we are doing now, laying here and staring at the sky. Sleeping, walking around, if you have a hobby you enjoy doing." Sitting up, Seth looked down at Casper. "There is always talking, but whatever you choose to do, you better decide now because I believe it is about time for school to start."

Jeremy
Interactions: @Charlie Vasilyev
Jeremy finished off a cup of tea, and then after checking the time he grabbed his backpack that he had set down in a corner and left the building. Not long later he found himself back in the greenhouse, the peace and quiet of it all causing both him mind and body to relax as he walked around and took in the sight of the plants. After walking part of the greenhouse, he checked the time and saw that it was about time for school.

Shifting his backpack, he left the greenhouse, and decided to take the spare few minutes he had before class to wander around. He walked down to the river, only to hear a sound a little farther down. His curiosity piqued, instead of heading towards the school he walked towards the sound he thought he heard. It only took him a minute to figure out that what he had heard had been another person.

Upon closer inspection, he saw that it was a girl, and once he got down to the water a name came to mind. Petya, or Pete. He thought it was one of those two. Stopping close to where she was, he cleared his throat. "H-hi. Aren't you going to class?"

Last edited:
Casper

For a long moment, Casper drifted off into thought, humming slightly as he did. Suddenly, the male sat up with a grin. "You know what? Fuck it. I'm just going to relax today." He glanced over at Seth, still smiling brightly. "I've never missed a day of school in my life, I don't think just one would hurt. Plus, it's not like I need money for anything." Casper shrugged and his white hair fell back over one of his eyes. The boy sighed quietly and looked back up at the sky, smiling gently. He was silent for a little while, then furrowed his brows. "Have you ever thought about what it'd be like... to be a bird? To have no obligations except surviving, and even then... it's your choice. You'd be so free, and I imagine it just feels so great." The little smile on his face remained as he saw a pair of birds gliding close to each other in the sky, whistling and chirping back and forth. He quietly imitated them, and sounded exactly the same.

(Will update later with my girls doing whatever. Just a little busy~! ^^)

Reactions: koolkat4595
[fieldbox="PETE, royalblue, dashed, 10, trebuchet ms"]Interactions: @Icystorm (Jeremy)

Peter was standing on tip toes at the edge of the river aera. The water was around her chest level and she was bobbing up and down as she acclimatized to the water. Taking a deep breath the young Bulgarian ducked under and came back up. She wiped the water from her eyes and was about to start practicing when she heard a male voice.

"Hi-hi. Aren't you going to class?" a young man with blonde hair asked. Pete looked at him and shook her head,

"No I uhh..I do not like de classroom." Pete answered honestly turning to face the young man as she bobbed up and down. "I prefer gawnking....uh..svim-svimming instead. Vood you like to uh...join me?" She asked. Peter could be quite friendly and though she recognized the blond boy she didn't remember his name. Even though she had anxiety Peter tried to make friends. Most of her anxiety was triggered by lack of sleep, nightmares, certain situations like getting too close to people physically, and lack of nicotine. Most people didn't believe she had it becuase she didn;t seem to have a problem talking with people most of the time.

Peter glanced over and saw someone running towards them. It looked like a man and she frowned. All the teachers were in class right? [/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="DAI, seagreen, solid, 5, courier new"]Interactions: @Icystorm (Jeremy)
Mentions: Pete

Dai had been jogging around and was running along the side of the river when he saw two figures, one in the water one out of the water. The bell had already rung so these two were either late or had skipped. He jogged over and paused under the tree. The boy was Jeremy he recogized him from the times he'd helped with House #4. The girl though he knew less about. She'd never done carpentry and liked to make herself scarce around school time. She didn't do any of the clubs either yet though she was newer so maybe she would soon. Dai just knew she was one of the shocking large percentage of foriegn kids that were at the school.

"What you two doing here?" he asked curiously. They couldn't tell kids 'Go to school', but teachers and supervisors could highly reccomend it if they saw kids skipping classes. There'd be no punishment for not listening it was pretty much just timely advise.

Dai glanced between the two kids waiting for an answer as he caught his breath from his run. The girl had her lips pressed closed and was just watching him.
[/fieldbox]

~Erica Lanly~
Location- School entrance.
Interaction- N/A
Mention- N/A
Outfit- School uniform from her previous school. White blouse, beige vest and a plaid skirt which goes down to just below her knees. Black socks that go up past her knees and, subsequently, a little bit under her skirt. Black shoes. A pair of wool fingerless gloves to combat the morning cold.

As far as she knew, classes started at 8 AM, right? She was too dazed to remember the schedule right now and found herself fussing with her attire. She felt so uncomfortable. Not because of her clothes or because she had to sitting in the car for such a long journey. But because she was moving, joining a new home, for a few years until she graduated. She knew nobody. Was afraid of everybody.

An elderly man sat in the driver's seat. With white hair, slim black glasses, wrinkles on his forehead, a small mustache on his upper lip. He looked more dignified than old. Mr. Edmond had been driving her around since before she could remember. In fact, Erica had never known another driver except when her father took the sports cars out. "We have arrived, miss." His voice was deep but soft. Almost reassuring to Erica. He looked back at Erica with a kind smile.

"Thank you."

"Does the young lady need any assistance with her luggage?" he asked.

"Oh, thank you but I think I can mange. It is only the one suitcase after all," Erica replied. Her parents had insisted on her taking more. More clothes, more belongings. But she didn't see the point. It had been a long time since Erica last wanted to dress up nice, or do something special. Belongings, property, none of it really mattered to her. She faked a smile at the driver. "I will be going now."

"Of course, miss. Will there be anything else?"

Erica opened the door to the car. "No, that is all." She slowly climbed off the back seat and out of the car. Then turned around to haul her suitcase out. She pulled but it barely budged. "Erm... Mr. Edmond..."

"Yes, miss?" he replied.

"Could you help me with my luggage, please?" she asked.

"Of course, miss," he answered.

"Just to get it out of the car, if that is quite alright." Erica pulled again with all of her limited strength. She managed to tug the suitcase across the back seats and towards the open door. "After that I can pull the case along on its wheels."

"Please, miss, be careful," Mr. Edmond said as he exited the car. Promptly closing the door behind and walking around to Erica's side. "I would not want you to hurt yourself." Erica looked down at her feet, feeling far too reliant on the kindness of the elderly man. "Come now, little miss. You should be smiling. You are on the precipice of an adventure the likes of so few will ever experience." He easily hauled the suitcase out of the car and placed it down beside her. "So try to smile a little."

I have had far too much adventure for one life time, she thought to herself. But feebly replied; "I guess you are right." And she looked up at him to fake another smile.

"Now now, miss," Mr. Edmond said with a tut. "Lying is bad. And I know what a real smile looks like. More so, I know when you're only pretending to smile."

"I am sorry." She looked back to her feet.

"No need to apologize. Just know that if you do not feel like smiling genuinely, then you should find some way to make you feel like smiling genuinely."

"What kind of reason might I be able to find?" she asked.

Mr. Edmond put his hands on Erica's shoulder and gently turned her around. "That kind of reason." He pointed towards the School of Life. "Something like that. Not the building. The potential. It can be your future, your escape, your sanctuary, anything you want it to be.

"I see."

"Are you feeling a little more confidant now, little miss?" he asked.

"I am. Thank you," she answered.

Erica pulled up the adjustable handle at the top of her suitcase and set off, pulling the case behind her. This could be a good thing, right? She could learn so much. Live so many new experiences. Meet lots of new people. This would be good for her. As she walked towards the large doors a gentle wind came breezing by and splayed her hair out behind her. That was cold. Very cold. Those doors ahead were big, tall, actually they were kind of intimidating. He breathing was steadily gaining in pace. Her cheeks were red and flustered. What if the people here were just as intimidating? What if they were bad people? Erica came to a stop.

"Be brave, miss Lanly," Mr. Edmond called out from behind her. "You can do this. I know you can."

She summoned up all of her willpower and bravery and took a single step forwards. Then another. One step at a time, she closed the distance between herself and the doors. She could do this. And all she had to do was believe in herself. Even if it was just a small fractal of belief which was left over. When she looked back Erica saw the car leaving the parking lot and starting its way back down the long drive way.

Seth

Grin coming back, Seth smiled down at Casper when the decision was made. Missing one day definitely would not hurt his roommate, if anything it would probably do him good. The smile stayed until Casper began speaking again, his lips curving down slightly as he thought about the question. "I know what it is like to have that level of freedom, and I don't think it is as great as you imagine. Sure there is no one telling you what to do, you can do what you want when you want, are not held down by other people, but that much freedom comes with a price." He let out an almost longing sigh as he remembered his time on the streets, but after a moment he fixed Casper with a serious look. "You don't get three meals a day. Hell, some days you are lucky to get one. There are other people that will want what little you have, so you have to be mentally and physically prepared to defend yourself at all times. On cold nights you just have to deal with it since there is no heat, unless you have a girl with you of course." Seth shook his head with a short laugh, his smile returning, but this time more sad than happy. "Now you have to ask yourself, would you really want to be as free as a bird?"

Jeremy
Interactions: @Charlie Vasilyev (Pete, Dai)
Seeing the girl turn her head, Jeremy did the same and became conflicted upon seeing a teacher coming towards them. He was fascinated by Pete and wanted to continue talking to her, but he also didn't want to hurt her feelings by not wanting to come into the water. There was also the issue of he should be in class by now, which was exactly what Dai indirectly questioned them about after stopping near them.

Jeremy blinked up at the man with an almost fearful expression. "I-I'm sorry. I was going to class when I heard a sound, and then I ended up here." His head tilted down and turned enough so he could somewhat see Pete. "I should probably get to class. I'd come swimming, but I don't have any swim trunks, and I probably shouldn't get my clothes wet." Not going swimming was nothing but an excuse to not have to change his clothes more than once, and going swimming without a shirt was not an option.

His eyes moved back over to Dai, worried what the older man might think about him admitting he had thought about skipping. He had not done anything wrong since getting to the school for fear of what might happen, although at home, punishment had come whether he had done something wrong or not.

Gio

-Location- Hallway to History Classroom and Math classroom
-Interaction-Mr. Dubois,Levi, math class, history class

The bells rang and he's late...late for the first day of class..How ungentlemanly is that...a disgrace upon academia for sure. Ok maybe not the last one, after all he was only late because he had to drag someone to class... "Listen Mr. Dubois, if you don't go to class, who will teach the students all about.....Math, and what have you." Gio asked the grown man he was guiding by the shoulder towards the math class. "Mi nuh wan to, dey jus sidung dere, mocking mi struggle.." Came a dejected response from Amun, who realized all to late that Gio had a handful of his locks. "Andare in classe, o ti taglio una tantum.." Gio whispered under his breath so only Amun could hear him as they walked past a group of students. "non, s'il vous plait ... Je vais ... Je vais." Amun stuttered as he accepted his defeat. "What struggle Amun, your a teacher under thirty." Gio asked as they turned the corner. " Je fume pour beaucoup..Mi tink dem kno." Amun whispered back. "Oh please Amun, everyone knows." "They do?" "Of course, not to be stereotypical, but Amun by friend have you seen yourself..or your room..it's a bit obvious." "Oh," "Oui, so relax and breath, no worries, three little birds and what forth...now here we are." Gio finished as they stopped in front of the math room. "Now I have to go and get to my class, hopefully I still have one." He added as he waved Amun into the room before closing the door behind him and holding it shut for a moment as Amun attempted to open the door. "Teach the class Amun!" Gio exclaimed through the door before walking away. Hopefully Amun would remember he was a professional and had a job to do Gio thought to himself as he walked down the hallway towards his class room.

"Hello everyone, sorry I am late." Gio explained as he walked into his classroom, a few of the empty chairs reminding him that all though it was a school, the students could decide to skip a class if they so chose, and since it was history who wouldn't skip out right? "Alright everyone turn to page 156 in your book." He began. "Now." He started but was cut short by the door opening. "Hello Levi, so glad you could join us, now take a seat." He finished before looking back at the class. "Now take that page and remind yourself not to read anything before or after that page, Because lets face it, that book is a pile of shit and we all know it." He continued as he walked around the front of the class looking at each of the students who had made it to class so that he could take attendance later. "Now, please turn your attention to the chalk board." He resumed as be began the lesson of the History of the Ottoman Empire.

[fieldbox="DAI, seagreen, solid, 5, courier new"]Interactions: @Icystorm (Jeremy)
Mentions: Pete

Dai glanced at the girl who didn't seem to be coming out of the water. It did worry him, swimming alone was a bad idea no matter level swimmer you were. He glanced at Jeremy who appeared to be anxious and even fearful,

"It's fine, kid, no need to apologize." Dai reassured the boy as he thought about what to say next.

"Gotta finish my run, kids." he started "Remember never swim alone it's dangerous." he finished looking between Jeremy and the young girl. DId it sound like he was telling Jeremy to skip school and swim? Maybe, but he'd much rather the boy skip school then to have the girl drown because she didn't have anyone with her and got hurt or wasn't able to get back to shore. He waved to both kids and then turned and jogged off leaving them to decide what the best thing to do was. [/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="PETE, royalblue, dashed, 10, trebuchet ms"]Interactions: @Icystorm (Jeremy)
Mentions: @Charlie Vasilyev (Dai)

Pete treaded water as she listened to the teacher or supervisor...whatever he was. She frowne when he said not to swim alone. She could take care of herself! Was he telling the boy...Jeremy to stay or was he telling her to get out and go to school? She really didn't want to go to school today. She'd had a horrible nights sleep and was trying to stretch her cigarettes supply until Sunday so it wans't a good day to be stressed out in a classroom,

"So do you want to svim wid me?" she asked hoping he would want to stay and not say she should get out and come with him to school. Peter looked up questionaly at Jeremy waiting to see what he would say.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="RUBEN, red, dotted, 10, andale mono"]Interactions: @Ko T'suno (Levi)
Mentions: @Ko T'suno (Gio)

Ruben pulled out his text book and flipped through the pages to get to 156. He frowned, it looked like alot of reading today. He prepared himself to have focus a lot today and put his finger at the top of the page because if he follwoed along with his finger it was easier for him. Hopefully Mr. Gio would read the text they needed though and he could just listen.

Ruben pulled out his notebook. Most of his notes were doodles and cartoons that helped him remember. As an example he had some cartoony doodles of battles they'd learned about last class with the date and name of the battle worked into the doodle.

When Levi came in Ruben waved him over to the desk next to him. While the boyw as odd Ruben still liked him and didn't want the kid to feel awkward about being late to class. He looked up at the chalkboard listening to Mr. Gio's overview of today's lesson[/fieldbox]

Levi

INteractions @Charlie Vasilyev {Ruben.}
@Ko T'suno Gio

"Sorry Gio." Levi returned as he was called out by Gio. "I was tied up by my shoe laces.." He added as he looked up to see Ruben waving him over next to him. "Mersi." He mouthed as he walked over to the seat and sat down and placed his bag next to him. Humming to himself Levi looked around before grabbing his notebook and looking from Ruben to Gio as Gio explained to the class that their textbooks would be useless. "Then why do we have these!" Levi asked aloud without thinking. "What's the point!" He continued before looking back to Ruben with a questioning look. "Like taking a parachute deep see diving...what the hell.." Levi mumbled on partly hoping for Gio to explain himself..

[BCOLOR=transparent]Amun [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Interactions 10th grade Math class[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Mi hate yuh Gio, Yuh heartless blood clot."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Amun whispered to himself as he pulled on the door to no avail. Defeated Amun let out a sigh and turned to the class with a look of despair. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Gud mawnin, whata gwaan?" [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Amun questioned as he walked over to his desk and pulled out his chalk and started writing the words.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] "Mi Name Amun an welcome to math class. Mi promise to teach things dat yuh wi use..." [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Came his continuation as he wrote down "3A+2B-4C+5D+3E+2F=74 …4A-5B+2C+3D-2E+5F=53 ....." On the board and turned around with a cheeky smile. " He finished as he looked at the class.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] "[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Cya anyone explain ow to solve dem yah questions?" [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]He asked the class hoping to get them involved in the lesson.[/BCOLOR]

Casper

Casper kept his eyes on Seth the whole time the young man was speaking, frowning deeply. He tried to smile and chuckle at the mention of having a girl with him, but his lips only quivered briefly and his chuckle sounded more like a cough. The boy sighed, closing his eyes and folding his hands on his chest. "I s'pose the reality of it isn't as nice as what one could imagine." Casper said softly. He tapped his feet on the ground in a slow, gentle rhythm, not paying much attention to it. A whirlpool of thoughts swirled around in the young male's head - some good, some weird, most anxiety-inducing and upsetting. "I feel so off today." He mumbled out unconsciously.

(sorry about how late this is~)

Seth
Interactions: @:Cosmic: (Casper)

Seth chewed on his bottom lip for a couple of seconds upon realizing he had just dropped the mood to something less than happy. He hadn't meant to make it sound so depressing, but for him the topic held both happiness and sadness. He would love to get away from this school and go back to a life on the streets. There wasn't anything he could think of that he wanted to do with his life, so a hard life of freedom seemed better than nothing. Holding back a sigh, he smiled apologetically at Casper. "Sorry. Didn't mean to bring down the mood. You are a bit off today, though." He gave a small laugh, trying to bring the mood back up. "I mean, you are skipping school and all." He wasn't sure if that was what would make the other guy feel off, but the two no doubt went together somehow.

Jeremy
Interactions: @Charlie Vasilyev (Pete)

Relaxing some at Dai's words, Jeremy was relieved when the man left, although he was not fully certain what Dai wanted the two of them to do. It seemed it was up to them. Pete seemed to want to stay and swim, which was fine with him, but he was still not wanting to get in the water.

"I will just sit on the shore." He smiled shyly at the ground, knowing he must be one of the only kids to deny an invitation to go swimming. He shuffled closer to the water and sat down, giving her a somewhat wide eyed look with his hazel eyes. "What I am wearing would just weigh me down if it got wet." It was another horrible attempt at an excuse, which seemed to be something he was doing a lot of.

Mentions:

"Do...do you not know h...how to svim?" Pete asked Jeremy curiously, "It OK if you don't. I..I did not ven I firs' came here." she encouraged, "I kinda jus' figured it out." she told him. She leaned her arms on the river bank and looked up at the boy,

"I just vear t-shirt and shorts." she added hearing him mumble about not wanting to get hi clothes all wet and heavy. Sometimes Pete wasn't the best at picking up social cues she was only 12 after all. At the moment she just really wanted someone to swim with her. She had been awkward about making friends because of her anxiety. It was easier for her to make friends when doing something instead of sitting and talking.

Pete pushed off and splashed around in the river treading water and waiting for Jeremy to answer her. [/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="RUBEN, red, dotted, 10, andale mono"]Interactions: @Ko T'suno (Levi)
Mentions: @Ko T'suno (Gio)

Ruben listened to Gio, but chuckled at Levi's response. He started to put his book away,

"I know...but hey at least we don't have to do readings and stuff from it right?" he added cheerfully, but in a hushed tone. He hoped Levi woul dget the point and not be so loud in his comments. Teacher didn't tend to enjooy being disrupted in class. Even with the lax rules this school had respect was always expected.

Ruben was actually very relieved they weren't using the book. He hadn't been looking forward to spending his free time re-reading class work to actually understand it. Now all he had to do was take notes off of what Mr. Gio said. He pulled out some colored pencils he had bought for note taking and arranged them where the book had been set out before looking up at the board. RUben started hi sdoodle note taking his head cocked to the side as he listened to Mr. Gio's lesson.[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.