School for the Supernaturally Troubled.... (Starting OVER)

Talal walked them out by the lake because it was the one place that she knew would help her to relax. They walked along just a few feet from the waters edge and found a fallen tree log to sit down on. She took a deep breath, her hands clutched together in her lap as she looked out at the water about to share something very personal. Something that only two other people had been told since it happened. "When I was young girl, younger than you are now even, my gifts began to emerge and my family and those of our small village did not understand nor did they want to. I was looked upon as a freak of nature and my parents..." the air began to take on a small hum and the water began to ripple even though there was no wind or current to cause it. "...the people who I trusted to understand turned away, being shunned by their friends was worse than shunning their own daughter, so I ran away from home. The only promise I made was that I would never....never....trust anyone with my heart or my life ever again." She paused taking a few more deep breaths but they weren't helping calm the water or the humming. "My mentor...the one that found me unconscious in the snowy woods almost dead from frost bite and pneumonia, managed to show me that trusting someone with my life was okay. Everyone needed someone to watch their back. But until Lucius came along, no one has ever been able to break the other oath I took." The thought of him instantly calmed her and although the air still hummed, the water was back to normal. "All I know is, that he has somehow....put a crack in the shield I have around my heart....and I'm okay with the crack." She turned to Sera, Talal's eyes shimmering from the salt water that had collected and threatened to drop from her eyes but hadn't yet. "I cannot promise you he won't get hurt. Love is a risk. Letting someone in....is a risk. One that I'm not sure I'm ready for but with him....I am willing to try. I like him very very much." She looked at the young girl trying to gauge how she was receiving all the information she had just been flooded with. Her blank stare told the woman that she was pretty much in shock but still listening. "As his friend, I ask your permission to try to open myself back up to the possibility of loving someone, knowing I would never do anything intentionally that would hurt him." She would wait for however long it took to get a response from Lucius's friend and would abide by whatever decision she so gave. It may be too much to ask of her especially added to the stress she was already under and for that she was sincerely sorry for her timing.

Sera stared at the woman for a long time. She was thinking through how closely related there stories were and weren't. Her adopted parents had always accepted her and told their friends that they didn't matter just to keep her safe. She got sad thinking about how much trouble her powers put her parents through and she had let them down. She wished she could be as strong as Talal. She hugged the woman tightly. "If anyone deserves a chance to be happy, it is you and Luc. I feel honored that you care about my opinion, and I know you guys will be happy for a very long time, I just wanted to make sure you realized that you both were getting into something that will more than likely be around for the rest of your lives." Sera shrugged and continued holding the woman close.

The woman smiled and returned the hug. It was nice to have another female to talk to for a change that understood. "I won't lie, I still don't know a lot about him or how his demon side affects him. I know it will make him want closeness with women and....I just want to make sure that what we are feeling is true and not... oh, I can't think of the word I'm looking for but I think you know where I'm going." Talal rarely showed her gift to anyone but she needed a release from all the emotional tension she was feeling. She stood up and walked towards the water's edge a little and began to move in fluid motions much like an ancient martial arts technique used called Kata. After a while, Sera would hear a soft love song melody on the air that Talal liked and relaxed her knowing that the young soon to be wed girl would probably have dozens of questions or her later, which was okay.

Sera watched the woman, realizing that her teacher still had times when she struggled with her powers didn't give her much hope but at the same time she had a feeling she would never fully be able to have perfect control over her power. Noticing that her teacher had calmed down she looked up at the sky and whispered, "do you think we should get back to the guys?"

She heard Sera's question and finished the song turning to her and walking back. "Yes, yes of course. It will be dinner soon and then the ball. We all need to get changed." She smiled and they walked back towards the school. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to overwhelm you or scare you. I know you look to me as a student for support." Her brows furrowed a bit. "I have better control over my gifts than you do but, truth be told I'm still young for my species and I too still have things to learn and mine are directly tied to my emotions so when my emotions are strong, my gift can break the level of control I have sometimes." She grimaced a little hoping she was making sense. "I just ask that you don't share what you saw, except within our little group....okay?"

Yukari sat down with Sera." Um...Okay, thank you." She said and smiled. Then she walked out the room. She smelled treats in the air.

Sera nodded feeling closer to Talal than she had ever expected to. "Uh...I know this is going to sound dumb, but I'm sorry for thinking there was something between you and Tetsy. I shoul dhave known better, but all of this wedding stuff is making my brain go crazy. And thank you for trusting me enough to share."

Talal smiled as they went back inside and directly to the ball room to find the boys. Hopefully Lucius made it back to finish helping and didn't get side tracked by all the goodies he's collected and put himself to sleep with a full tummy.

Sera ran up to Tetsy and hugged him, interrupting his work. She kissed his cheek. "I think you need a break, love. I brought you something." She grabbed a little package out of her pocket and gave him the package full of sweets she set aside for him because she knew he wouldn't take a break from work until he was done. Sera blushed hoping the stuff she got him was what he liked.

Lucius looked up from fixing the stage and spotted Sera and Talal walk in."Here comes your bride to be."He said towards him in a whisper.
He walked over to Talal and gave her a big hug."How are you my dear one?" He bowed and kissed her hand."The stage is almost finish.We'll be done in another hour or 2."He said to both of them.Lucius smelled the food Sera brought.No more food!No more food!No more food! He repeated to himself over and over."Talal...let's get more food shall we?" He took her arm in his and left the other two alone.He lead her to an old room he found.It was stacked with old books and documents."I don't think this room has been open or touch for a long time...you can see the webs and dust everywhere."Lucius always had a knack for discovering the hidden.It's probably why it always seemed to get him into trouble.He stared at one of the books on the shelves. It was a leather book with red and black markings.It also had a spider lock on it.He knew it was a book of trouble.But he felt so drawn to it.He suddenly remembered that Talal was with him and turned back to her."What you think happened here?" He smiled looking through the old papers on the desk.

She returned the bow, greatly impressed with his show of respect and his words. "I'm better, now that you're here" she said softly with a glimmer in her eye. Taking his arm she laughed and smiled and looked over to Sera briefly with a softer understanding smile before turning and leaving the room with him. As they walked through the halls she held his hand and kept him close hoping it wasn't too soon but after her talk with Sera, she just wanted to be near him. When he led her into an old storage library that they really shouldn't be in, she simply looked around not touching anything. Talal notice how drawn he was to a certain book on the shelf, almost as if it was calling to him. By the looks of it, the markings, color and lock, she felt the need to keep him from opening it worried that it was probably something dark and evil regarding demon lore or magic of some kind. She wasn't sure what all of Lucius's gifts were and didn't want to find out having to battle against him. She walked over to the table grabbing his hands so he would stop shuffling through the papers. "This is an old storage library. One of the old instructors here, it was his personal collection. When he left, he did not take any of this with him so they locked it away not sure what to do with it and here it sits gathering dust and cobwebs." Her tone was more of her teacher mode than of her 'I want you to kiss me and never let me go' tone. With his hands in hers she smiled at him. "Is the ball room almost ready for tonight?"

Tetskey walked out of the room feeling overwhelmed with all the hustle and bustle going on he needed some fresh air so he walked to the room he and Sera had a picnic at and just sat on the rock thinking to himself about all that had been going on.

Sera followed Tetskey. "Uhm..Did I do something wrong?'

Tetskey let out a sigh "No Its just to much activity going on around me makes me feel overwhelmed..." he said looking at Sera before getting up and kissing her on the lips smiling at her "do you think you can control the water better than before?" he asked her.

Sera sighed and leaned into him kissing him more. "Maybe why do you ask?"

Tetskey smiled and pointed to the pool they swam in "try making all the water in it up" he said smiling.

Sera stepped away from him and sat down on the ground closing her eyes. She imagined the water swirling up.

Lucius hadn't answered her, he seemed fixated on the book. She began to get concerned knowing that some of the items down here were possessed and could persuade people to do things they shouldn't which is why they were locked away. "Lucius!" she said abruptly trying to break him from his thoughts.

When he still hadn't answered her, she grabbed him by the hand and tried to drag him out of the room, not sure what, or if, anything was wrong with him.