School for the Benders

The leader shouted in pain as one of the shards struck him in the meatier part of his shoulder, near his neck and heart. Several others were screaming, yelling, crying as well as some shards went into faces, chests, legs, eyes... Then some fell into the glass shards surrounding them, making their pain even worse, blood was spattering everywhere as some took their last breaths. The leader looked around with mock pity, then summoned a pillar of fire; he clenched it with his uninjured arm and ran at Mao, yelling in rage and his face twisting into a mask of fury.

Kastia screeched in agony, she helped Mao and took the magma from his face. She couldn't help the burns but she could get it to stop dripping. "You son of a *****" Kastia screamed and clenched her fist it was gonna kill the boys but the burns on her face made her miss and then the guy ran towards Mao and she wouldn't let him die she ran into the pillar and took it for Mao she fell to the ground and she slipped away...

"STOP" Meghan screamed, "What are you doing!" Meghan ran over to the boys and watched as a girl slipped away. "You guys are horrible outnumbering them maybe you should fight your own bodies" Meghan mad at watching the others kill her she created a fog cloud around them and they started to cough more and more. The poison was overcoming them "Get out you two they're weak right now!" Meghan yelled to the two in the middle and made a clearing in the poison for them. "No more death." Meghan ran to the girl on the ground. "No no no please please wake up it'll be okay!"

While holding his left eye he took the moment to check on steff "Good she's still there." He said relieved. He purposely aimed the shards higher then he usually would just so he wouldn't accidentally hit steff. Turning back around he was shocked to see there leader charging at him with a big wall of fire. Not having enough time to react he tensed up readying to take the blow before he looked up and seen Kastia jump in front. "N-no!" He yelled out as he dropped to his knees before a fog started to so round them. Taking this chance he ran to steff and carried her out of the way. "Come lets go Kastia didn't die for nothing were going to get out of this" He said to her while carrying her with both arms.

The leader was so surprised by Katsia taking the flame-sword into her body that he stopped charging. He looked at the newcomer in disgust, but then fear enveloped him as quickly as the fog did when he realized it was poison. He tried to hold his breath and find a way out of the fog, hearing the other coughing and crying; he fell to the ground and took a last shaky breath of the deadly gas before he passed on.

Steff stood and grabbed Mao's arm around her shoulder and ran out of the poison-fog with him. She leaned him against a tree, and she closed her eyes in concentration as you could see the tree bend towards him. The leaves covered Mao's whole head, whispering in a non-existent wind as he felt healing sap flow into his eyes and throughout his hair, and he couldn't feel any pain as he was forced into a deep sleep by Steff's "healing tree".

As they arrived at the tree Mao was about to faint. Trying to keep conscious he looked up at her one last time before he seen the bend in front of him. Closing his eyes he accepted the tree wrapping around his face. Feeling a tingling sensation he could tell it was healing him. Smiling from relief he instantly fell unconscious.

Meghan stopped the fog, "You guys won't die but take this as a lesson don't hurt people again or I will make you have a much slower poison and you will be finished" Meghan said as she picked up the girl who had fallen and died. Meghan then walked into the school and found the infirmary and left her to the nurses there was nothing she could do and ran to the boy and girl outside "Are you two okay come on follow me I'll protect you if they try anything the infirmary can help us" Meghan said as she made fog around them just to make sure the boys wouldn't try to send anything their way.

((but yeah there was a clearing so you didn't run through the fog I didn't hurt you guys =P ))

Steff smiled at Meghan and replied, "You're gonna have to help me carry this heavy load to the infirmary, then, 'cause he's deep asleep and the tree won't release him until he's healed." To make that statement clear, she tried to tug on one of the leaves surrounding his head, and it stuck like stone.

"I'm guessing your tree won't give okay, then while he's being healed tell me what happened and why they killed that innocent girl" Meghan said she never used her bending powers that was a shaky experience after hurting many people it was hard to hurt more people after that incident.

Steff looked at the grass surrounding them and almost instantaneously a grass-bench formed. It sagged slightly as she sat down on it, and she looked at Meghan, gesturing for her to sit down. She looked at Mao and gave a small smile. "The injuries were minimal. He'll be healed soon." She looked at the ground again and told her story, "The girl who just died; her name was Katsia. She had asked me to show her around the school and we got her to the dorm rooms. Mao, the guy who's getting healed as we speak, was able to take her off my hands as I went to the hall of the school. There; I saw the gang of judges, who are mostly fire-benders, and the leader harassed me. I slapped him across his face, and apparently the whole school heard it just as I was running away. As I was running, they made a fire-circle around me. Katsia and Mao helped me..." Her face fell sad as tears spilled over her freckled cheeks. Her voice cracked as she admitted, "Katsia... died... for me. And I can't ever repay her."

Steff blinked her eyes as the tree groaned. "Alright, thanks." She came off the bench and caught Mao's head in her arms as his body slumped to being sitting on the ground. She stroked his hair until he started to wake up.

Waking up slowly Mao took a deep breath looking around he looked up to see steff. Grabbing her hand gently "Im so glad your safe." He said looking at steff before slowly looking over at meghan "I couldn't thank you enough also for making the escape route for us" Feeling his face slowly he was stunned. "I-im healed. It doesn't hurt anymore" He said smiling at steff. Being able to open both eyes now he sighed in relief. Still the burden of losing katsia would forever sit on his shoulders.

Steff let his head lean against the tree as she stood up; she smiled when his face turned surprised and told him cheerfully, "Well, you could find better healers at this school.. I just tried my best." She put her hand out to Mao's and asked, "Can you stand?" Her hand visibly tensed as she added in a grim tone, "I think we're going to have to confront some force of discipline, because surely someone would've told the principal here of what was happening."

((o.o; fuuu i missed alot lol we could))

Enya saw some of the students run over to fight that was happening nearby whispering to each other. As usual it was the gang of judges causing trouble as usual. She blinked a little hearing the students that were involved names making her drop the empty bowl getting up out of the seat quickly running over to the scene of the crime. Many of the students already left due to the poison fog that was faintly in the air. "I hope everyone is okay" she dashes outside looking around quickly seeing them on the grassy bench. "Are you guys okay? I'm sorry I wasn't there...." she looked at them sadly.

Steff looked surprised over to Enya and she blurted out the first thing that came to mind. "Jason died. I-in the fog, and he grabbed my braid." She knew this was nonsensical, but she waited for a reply.

"Oh no he didn't die the poison was comma inducing not to kill, he'll wake up soon. Tonight sounds good, I hated him last year I'm happy I could get back at him." Meghan said as she smiled and played with her skirt trying to not feel a bit uncomfortable.

Mao looked over at her slowly and nodded "Yea i could stand" He said leaning off of the tree standing up completely straight as if he wasn't badly hurt just a couple minutes ago.

Enya blinked a little tilting her head hearing a few responses then rubbed that back of her head "Jason is probably freaking out now and crying to the other judges. He tends to act like a spoiled brat." she stroked Steff's head gently sighing a little "Want me to get him back for you later after the tournament?" she sits down on the grass in front of them laying back. "I think this year would be a good time to revolt maybe we get the school back in order, if we can get the student body involved."

"I agree completely. Its time to put these fire benders in there place." He said looking at Enya "No offense to you of course. It seems that people are scared to challenge them. I think we need to fix that. Show everyone that they don't have to be afraid of them. I also intend on paying them back for what they did to us.. Especially Kastia. I intend on paying them back twice as hard." Mao said gripping his fist tightly.

"Don't worry I didn't get offended Mao since it's true, We firebenders are hotheaded and we tend to burn things down if we don't get our way. We are supposed to be equals in this school so they have to get taken down many have died by their hands." Enya sat up smiling softly looking over at Mao.

"Im not the only one who thinks the same then perfect. We need more then just me and you to take them down." He said looking over at steff and meghan. "Its fine if you guys don't want to get involved with this but we all know they need to be stopped. I can tell it will be very challenging but i know we can do it" Mao said kneeling down some while looking around him hoping his mini speech would encourage them to join him in taking them down.