School for the Benders

Steff walked to the fountain, grabbing her bejeweled laptop out of her bag and checking her varied social media sites. She took a picture of the melting icicles with a duck-lip selfie, posting it to her Facebook "Beautiful, aren't I? Pun intended." She frowned a bit, surprised at her sudden negative emotion, but she's been like that ever since the car crash. She shook her head to clear her mind of that thought and pushed her laptop back into her bag, thinking about the first tournament of the school year. The tournaments that are themed are always the most serious... and the most brutal; the first battle being the bloodiest. Enya was the only friend Steff had on the judging committee, and she knew that Enya would always vote fairly; but most of the people in the committee were brutes, and would vote against whoever they thought was unworthy of living. Most of them were Fire benders, and thus there was never a Fire bender who had to lose his life. Steff grit her teeth as she thought of many different ways that she would like to hurt the Fire-benders. They thought they were the best benders, the only ones who were pure; the little Hitlers.

The boy followed her, a light hum emitting from him now. "I wouldn't mind participating in one of those tournaments." he said with a smile, thinking it over. He could better use his ice magic if he practiced with real opponents. "Hey, about how fun do you think this school year will be Enya?" he asked, with curiosity peaking. "Most schools i knew wouldn't let me in, so this is the first school i've ever been allowed to join."

Steff watched the girl with the strange clothing for such a cold place. She stood up and smiled, holding out her hand to Katsia. "I'm assuming you're new here. I'll help show you around."

"Thank you so much! I'm so sorry to be a bother it's just that I have no idea where anything is!" Kastia said smiling and moving her hair out of her face again, she rubbed her arm with the tattoo and smiled. "I overheard about some tournament could you explain that to me?" Kastia said while she followed Steff. "Is that gonna be bending I'd love to test out my sand bending and my glass I just learned it I really don't use my fire that much it's way to destructive for me." Kastia exclaimed as she smiled and looked at Steff.

"They're dangerous but it's good for training.There will be blood Hikaru don't die on us on the first day." When Enya got up the final step she walked down the hall away a little standing in front of his door answering his question. "There will be some good and bad times at the academy. Some people call it a jail, some a place for controlling your powers. We are like the outsiders." she smiled softly looking over to him before opening up his door widely letting him walk in. "Most schools don't like benders due to being afraid of our abilities." she sighed walking inside placing the envelope on the table then walks over to the window opening up the shades letting light in. "I can give you a little bit of advice though, don't assume everyone is friendly and keep your guard up anything can happen here Hikaru."

"Well, there's never a new person to the school who's picked for the tournament, so you don't have to worry." She walked with Katsia to the entrance of the school and went to the front desk with her. "Hey Nina, could I get a new room for my friend here?" "Sure thing, Steff. Welcome... Katsia." Steff grabbed the keys from Nina, then grabbed Katsia's hand and dragged her towards the dorm rooms. "You shouldn't be excited about the tournament. They're horrible, and the people who lose are judged to die."

His mouth didn't move, but a message relayed into Enya's head. Don't assume i'm completely helpless either, i've got a rather dark power. his telepathic ability relayed to her. It would probably frighten them very much, or confuse them. "Thank you for the help Enya, but i can handle myself if it comes down to it." he said with a smile gracing him, betraying what he spoke in a dark tone. "I'll try not to die regardless though." the male reassured with a smile.

"Wait, judged to die? That's not what you said right? Just because someone doesn't want to hurt someone means they're gonna die? If I'm not picked this one when could I be picked?" Kastia said as she was being pulled by Steff and freaking out. She hated using her fire for destructive purposes because that's was sterotypical she wanted to show how beautiful and what fire could make not that it could destroy...this was horrible and heartbreaking to her.

Hearing the chatter near his room Mao couldn't rest. Unpacking his bags he decided to walk towards the noise to investigate. Walking towards the group of students he slowly muttered "Did someone say die?" He said curious wanting to know what they were talking about.

Enya turned to him sighing softly "I didn't mean it like that Hikaru, but I did see a lot of students die in those tournaments I just warn others in advanced so they can prepare the judges are harsh" she stared at him crossing her arms "Hmm you must be one of those dangerous ones with a childish face" she rubbed her chin a little looking at him then walked over to the door. "Alright Hikaru if you need anything just ask okay and have a good time at this school okay?"

Reactions: darnerdemons
My past had some rather.. tragic.. problems. Yes, i am much more dangerous than i look. But I assure you, i won't do anything to harm you if we stay as allies. His mouth wasn't moving. Opening the door for her to leave he went to finish unpacking his things into the room You have a good day too Enya. his message then cut off as he went and focused only on unpacking his things. The first tournament was soon, and he couldn't wait to work on his icy hold with an actual opponent.

Steff stopped, hearing Mao. She smiled, releasing Katsia from her grip. "Hey Mao, how're you doing? This is a new girl, and I was just telling her about tournaments." Her mouth turned to a grim frown. "People are judged to die when they lose the tournaments. If they are lucky, they are turned in to the jail... but that's only if they're friends with the people judging the loser. It's a very harsh reality here, they don't tell you these things in the brochure." Her bangs fell in front of her eyes and her voice turned grim. "There's... no escape from this place."

"Hello!" He said to the girl approaching him. Hearing what she had to say frightened him at first. Not caring wether he was picked or not for the tournament he was kind of thrilled that they had something like that. All he really wanted was to further his abilities and this tournament seemed like the perfect opportunity. He couldn't help but grin thinking about it. "That is pretty harsh" He said shacking is head.

"I can leave right now can't I? I can just walk away go back home" Kastia said walking in circle the glass windows in the hall shattered, and floated. She started to morph all the glass into something it wasn't anything but a sphere eventually she then put fire in it and brought it to them. "These powers are for beauty not for destruction look fire in a glass it should be going out but our powers allow it to stay beautiful forever" She put the fire out and put the glass back "Actually I want to fight...I want to prove myself." Kastia said her eyes sorta glowed and she looked at nothing in particular.

Enya looked back at him with a smile "I can't wait to see you in the tournament then Hikaru" she walked out the room closing the door behind her going out of the first year dorms walking back out to the fountain seeing the ice melting on the fountain. She decided to speed up the melting process by blowing out steam from her mouth onto the icicles before any staff complained about the iced fountained. "Hmm I wonder what the others are up to" she yawned softly walking back inside the school going into the dining hall.

Steff smiled sadly; Katsia didn't know what she was getting into. "Well, you won't be picked today. You're one of the new kids, and they never pick new kids. It's unethical. You should train with someone you trust for the next week"

"I trust you!" Kastia said excited, "can we train together please you're the only person I know around here other then Mao but sorry Mao I don't know you that well, I wanna train are you up for it please!" Kastia wanted to prove a point no matter what it took.

After some time had passed, Hikaru finished unpacking. Heading out of the hall and towards the arena area according to his map he could nearly tremble with excitement when he saw the arena. It was large, and had every element available for bending as far as he knew. He saw lit torches, water fountains, Glass plates here and there. Metal boxes. They had everything for everyone as far as he could see. "This place is the arena.. it's perfect.. Enough water to freeze everywhere.." he thought aloud, walking about the area

Steff's mouth dropped open at her outburst. She looked embarrassed at Mao. "W-Would you like to join us for training?"

He began to pout "Well thats no fun. We have to watch the upperclass men have fun." Clinching his fist he guess it couldn't be helped. Thinking about it more she was right. Having first year students go up against upperclass men would be kind of challenging. Taking her advice he planned on training that whole week just for the tournament. "Y-yes that would be great!" He said smiling at her