Status
Not open for further replies.
Sommie, quick! Put it into a spoiler tag so people can choose whether to read or not! XD

Btw, posteeed~

Sommie, quick! Put it into a spoiler tag so people can choose whether to read or not! XD

Btw, posteeed~
Ah, good point! ^^;

To be clear, I don't mind playing Rita. I'm sure it'll happen with someone else at some point, they'll have to go and I'll play their character. I'm fine with that. It's just that we're still so close to the start that I don't think it is really worth it to not retcon. I'd have to do it one way or another- explain how/why Srade would suddenly add another Sentinel without having done it right away, and why she couldn't just keep doing more in that case. Or have included ERode's character from the start which means having to go back and edit her presence into everything, make everything 'sextet' instead of 'quintet' and 'six' instead of 'five.'

Great post though. :P Why... do... I get the feeling that before long Akni will be the main character of a harem story, collecting exotic waifus? xD

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Izurich
That sounds good, okay, you're ze GM. :3 Your decision in the end, do what you think it's best.

Great post though. :P Why... do... I get the feeling that before long Akni will be the main character of a harem story? xD
Soon...

KeV30.jpg

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
So, Insomnant, gotta ask. Is PvP possible, or are there safety measures in place?

Cause as Izu should know, what I hate more than PCs being happy are PCs making harems. ;p

• Nice Execution!
I trust in Srade's information gathering abilities to not grab someone who has evil tendencies. Then again teenage girls killing each other because the other is getting popular or getting all the boys doesn't sound too off the mark if you gave them cyber frames of possible mass destruction.

• Nice Execution!
Yes, but what manner of horror and devastation will happen when I reveal that
Ellen is straight and sees the other girls as her valuable friends, but nothing more?

Which may or may not even be true, but my characters tend to end up platonic.

And posted. I could have done more like run on all the way to Ellen's house and describe it, but I think it'd be better if we had a little break for conversation before that. And it probably would be going a little too far too fast.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Cause as Izu should know, what I hate more than PCs being happy are PCs making harems. ;p

I knew it! Good thing you are not ze GM in this one! D:< bring it, 6th Ranger, Scenario: Exponential Civil War!!

Yes, but what manner of horror and devastation will happen when I reveal that
Ellen is straight and sees the other girls as her valuable friends, but nothing more?

Which may or may not even be true, but my characters tend to end up platonic.

Noooooo, impossibru! There are no straight girls in Magical Girl serieses! Only Yuri and Bisexual ones!

Lp2pWEA.png

"What world do you see in my eyes?"
Dancing Blade Doll
Yu Ri Yun
10th Grade

Appearance
CCblCbO.png

Plain and graceful. Flat and lithe. Yu-Ri is a schoolgirl with a plain face and a beautiful poise, a doll made beautiful by her stillness and flexibility. Standing at 5'3, with dull black hair cut at jaw length and lightless dark brown eyes, she is someone that, at first glance, is forgettable, and yet still lingers in the memories of others. Still not fully matured, she has a rather androgynous appearance, that of an effeminate boy if not for her choice of clothing and her hairstyle. Yu-Ri gives off the impression of an airy individual, someone with bird bones and a head in the clouds. A supple body and a penchant for humming and swaying enhances that pleasant, unrestrained, tranquil atmosphere that surrounds the young girl.

She smells faintly of lilac.

Cyberframe Appearance
DtRH6L9.png

Sleek and sharp, Yu-Ri's cyberframe is black, white, and embarrassingly revealing. Whereas others may have form-fitting bodysuits or weird breast windows, her own cyberframe seems to be doing its best to show off just how little she has, even going out of its way to add some strange push-up bra to boost her A-cup to…a slightly more pronounce A-cup. Despite this, however, Yu-Ri doesn't particularly mind. Outside of the bladed wings that extend from her back and the reaction enhancement modules floating around her head, her cyberframe is optimized for high speed movement, without a single bulky mechanical apparatus bulging out in an inelegant fashion. There is a black half-sphere attached to the center of her back, which contains the invisible wires that her six feather-blades are attached to. Overall, the impression one gets is that of a swallow.

A swallow with clipped wings.

History
Yu-Ri was born in the tumultuous year of 2010, when the massive technological progress that private industries were making had not yet had policies to regulate them properly. One of the Smart-Kids, she had undergone surgery to have a chip implanted in her brain at a very early age, giving her a very different perspective on life than her more traditional parents. They were artists, her father a painter of landscapes that no longer existed, and her mother a dancer who portrayed a grace and discipline that her younger peers did not. They gained their abilities from decades of training, and gained recognition from that as well. In a world where the classical arts were seen as an incredibly rare thing, a way to display one's wealth and worldliness, the Yun family etched a humble living by appeasing their rich customers with vestiges of past days. Back when she was a child, Yu-Ri loved her mother's ballet, all the twirls and the jumps and the poses.

But, back when she was a child, she was already aware that ballet wasn't going to last. Traditional arts could only be valued for so long, until the rich grew bored and just viewed past recordings instead of live performances.

Despite this reality, though, her parents continued to cling onto their dying professions, even as their earnings began to fall, and their employers began to disappear. Unwilling to throw away a lifetime of passion and dedication, they continued to spiral downwards, until finally, the Yu family was living in a single bedroom suite in the slums. Yu-Ri's father painted on coffeehouse tables, using printer paper. Yu-Ri's mother danced on the streets for spare change, wearing worn-out sneakers.

Even then, however, they never stopped smiling, and they never stopped doing what they loved.

Love and passion didn't feed stomachs though, and while Yu-Ri couldn't hate them, she couldn't love them for it either. She grew distant from her parents, whose love for their arts was greater than their love for their daughter. By the time she was twelve years old, she could stay out the whole night, and they wouldn't even bat an eye.

In a world full of social media, it struck her as ironic that it was the traditional arts that isolated Yu-Ri from her parents.

Isolation, though, was something she grew accustomed to. In class, she focused on getting the grades she needed in order to get a high-paying corporate job. After school, she did what she had to do in order to fill up her stomach, leaving her parent's food-money for themselves. Whether it be diving into dumpsters or establishing…intimate relationships with older men who favoured the services of a schoolgirl, Yu-Ri came to the realization that she could get used to doing practically anything, if it was for food and money.

She never did give up dancing though, even if she had to practice in rat-infested back alleys or toilet stalls.

Cyberframe Loadout
Head: 1 Slot
Rating 1 Standard Reaction Enhancement – Overcharge 2 (2 BP)

• Cerebral Rush- Increased mental speed helps with reflexes
Back: 1 Slot
Rating 2 Improved Swallowtail Wings (Ranged) – Overcharge 1 (8 BP)
Three feather-shaped blades hang from two frames that extend out of Yu-Ri's back. These blades can be fired off at supersonic speeds, manipulated mentally via the metal wires that attach them to the rest of the Cyberframe. A mid-ranged weapon, its primary focus is that of either hooking onto objects to reel them in or stay on them, or to restrict the movements of targets with wires, ensuring that they are incapable of fighting back.

Configuration 1

• Grapple (pulls target closer)
  • Entangle (reduce movement speed and dodge, prevent melee attacks)
Configuration 2
  • Scatter (accuracy is inversely proportional to range)
  • Entangle (reduce movement speed and dodge, prevent melee attacks)

Torso:
Rating 1 Standard Tactical Reset – Overcharge 2 (2 BP)

• Instantly removes one temporary physical combat disadvantage (immobilized, slowed, paralyzed, contained, etc.)
Rating 3 Improved Repulsion Field – Overcharge 1 (6BP)
  • Strong deflection pushes against incoming mundane projectiles or melee attacks, reducing incoming attack accuracy by three quarters
Legs:
Rating 3 Improved Speed Augmentation – Overcharge 1 (6 BP)

• Allows indefinite running at 40 mph, and 5 second bursts of 60mph
Feet:
Rating 3 Improved Positional Anchors – Overcharge 1 (6 BP)

• Foot-sized barriers appear, but fall apart immediately after moving, cannot support running or jumping, can also reinforce ground to spread out impact of a high-speed landing

Last edited:
  • Love
I was wondering when we'd actually get our poor and living on the streets magical girl added to the cast.

Reactions: Insomnant
establishing…intimate relationships with older men who favoured the services of a schoolgirl.

Detective Akni is watching youuuuu......

Always need a poor person to be jealous of the ojou-sama mahou.

Reactions: Insomnant
Always do, yeah. I did a similar thing in a game once. Though it was mostly inspired by the realization that a few of the girls in Madoka did legitimately appear to be homeless. Or, one could certainly draw that conclusion. It somehow evolved into also involving compensated dating as a jaded way to get actual money, coincidentally enough. Or she could've just killed her local-dimensional twin and took her place, but that's just mean.

Alright. Yu Ri is definitely the color of black. I'm gonna say Chie 'ranger' color is grey for her apathetic nature and potential to fall towards light or dark. Yu Ri is just black with that history.

Black Rangers have always been a thing~ And there was far too much fluffiness in this dystopian world brimming with minor tragedies. Gotta up da edge.

But the fluffy start lets me crash that much harder later.

• Nice Execution!
Yu Ri Yun
And approved! And all that~ I'll edit the second post tomorrow- bed time here.

Also gonna try and type up the incident reports for the past couple weeks of violent crimes tomorrow... I've been lazy about that. >.< Plus I should really get around to providing info on all the factions... Ah well, goodnight erryone.

I'll write up my own post here as well once I get done with another!

Alright then, @ERode I am gonna work on Yuri's banner tonight. :3

So, realistically, I don't think our characters would leave Rita alone without a buddy. I guess... it's Chie, Remi, and Rita at Chie's place? She's a heiress, of course she's got her very only apartment at some high rise tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.