Scenario: Exponential Invasion (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox=, pink, solid]
nxKrxd4.jpg

Blaok 6-15, ReVizion Therapy Center. Why did that location seem so familiar to Chie? She couldn't recall the familiarity as she jogged along her two classmates. She was surprised that both of them were in fairly good shape, despite that neither of them were members of a athletic club. Perhaps, Ellen's cybernetics were a lot more than just those cute little cat ears. And perhaps, Yu-Ri worked in some sort of physical labor outside of school. The girl always seemed in such a rush and was way more obbessed about money than any schoolgirl needed to be. Did the black hair girl work a part-time job? That would be interesting, since Central City were very strict about their students working. Chie believed that every student needed to file an append, and was granted on an individual basis. Chie, herself had very little trouble with the jogging, partly thanks to her tongue. She was often reprimanded by her upperclassmen in archery club for talking back to them. They really liked making her run laps around the trackfield, but Chie never minded. Suddenly, Chie had an idea and grinned. She sped ahead of the two other girls just enough to force them to keep up. Every time they were able to be within arms distance, she increased her pace even more. She would see how much she can make them move, and turn the whole thing into a full run.

Chie hoped things would get more fun.
[/fieldbox]

While the girls walked aimlessly about the city in hopes of finding a frenzied madman on a murderous rampage, the suspicious stares and measuring glances they earned from the night life seems positively tame by comparison. There were more than a few instances of unscrupulous dealings going on and not all of them drug related either- the switch to a purely digital currency had seen some interesting side effects. Namely, the emergence of an often quite literal black market, taking place in shadowy back alleys outside the reach of ubiquitous surveillance and beyond the purview of the CDF. Anything to evade the tracking and taxes of the Central City Council, apparently.

As a result, the running Chie attracted calls of "Ey baby! You hungry? Got some choice filetts! Ey! C'mon, it's just cat!" and "Yous three c'mere, DataNet Wizard Larry'll get yous Passing grades, every class- nah? Sexual messages from a teacher?! No?! Ehhh... screw yous..." as well as the routine offers of drugs- the first one was always free. Plus one solicitation from someone of indeterminable gender and a confusingly hoarse voice.

Luckily for Remi she had an easier time considering the Central Park- even at night- was more heavily guarded by a police presence. Every once in a while a sleek car or hovering drone would float by with its trademark red and blue lights on reflective white body, with CDF emblazoned somewhere on its side. And wherever those lights shone they made a good many ratty shoes backpedal and quite a few hoodies get pulled on tighter. The ReVizion Center was only a block North and three blocks East, and since it was on the Southwestern corner of that block it wasn't too far of a hike!

"Block... 6-15?" Mita repeated quietly, pulling up a map of the city in her visor. The sheer population density made her head spin but she sorted through the regions down to the districts and then pulled up the local map. "Ah! I see it. Let's see... Hope Medical Hospital, ReVizion Therapy Center, Leg Up Prosthetics, NuYu Prescribe Hub... lots of health care related businesses on that block, huh?" She busied herself reading about the recent history in medical advances and new treatment options, including a few alarming news articles. "Oh, it looks like that's where the first successful prosthetic double-eye installation took place, neat!" Undoubtedly Akni hadn't meant for the tech-fairy to keep her academic 'guard' up, but there wasn't much she could do from her spot in the girl's jacket after all.

As Akni (and eventually the others) grew closer, two things were readily apparent about the building. First, the architect had either a good sense of humor or a smart marketing approach to building design: the segment of the block devoted to ReVizion Therapy Center... looked like a giant eyeball. Not exactly so of course, it was still a towering structure of straight edges- but the Smart Glass displayed a shade of color that made the building appear to be a giant eye with its dark pupil representing the circular black glass doors in the center on the ground, while outward along the bottom floor a crystalline weave pattern of green and blue radiated toward the edges of the building like an iris, before the white of the next building took over. Since it was night, the second floor and above had shifted to a flesh tone, as if the eye was almost completely closed.

The second thing that seemed very clear, was that if they wanted to investigate the building... they'd have to pick another method than going in through the pupil. Because already a CDF squad car had parked on the side of the road, with two officers standing outside, one talking on her radio. They both had short rifles slung at their sides, clacking softly as the unoccupied one tried to pry at the glass door with a crowbar. It resisted his efforts however and he angrily stomped over toward the second officer who seemed quite wrapped up in the conversation, barking orders to a third party security company about getting the locks undone, and no she wouldn't wait for a representative to come down to meet them!

Akni would- through her SmartView- be able to check the building's status monitor attached to the case's node. The fire alarm was not located in a single room but apparently had been set off from the roof originally, before several fire escape door alarms had been triggered throughout the stairwell. It was pretty clear there was someone still inside the building, but the two CDF officers who'd showed up had no idea how to get to the top to repeat the apparent aerial entry into the building. The adjacent buildings were a floor or two shorter than ReVizion so barring some excellent athletic prowess on the part of the officers, they had to go in through the front.

• Love
Reactions: Izurich
[fieldbox=, Red, solid]
ByYiTQJ.jpg

Bingo, all of them answered, albeit with varying kinds of response, from another 'K' to Miss Ellen's proper polite reply. The jogging redhead listened to the cute voice from inside her jacket, it seemed Mita was talking to herself, reading up on Block 6-15's layout information and trivia. "Yeah, some calls it the 'Doc Spot'." Akni muttered in amusement, having Mita here sure kept the mood high, countering Central City's gloomy night atmosphere. "I wonder what actually happened there though... might just be a mundane fire, but it's worth a look."

Naturally, Akni arrived first before the others, she took an inconspicuous spot around the street's corner, peeking her head to see two officers already arrived in front of the peculiarly-designed building. "Tch..." Not good, a bit ironic considering she was a CDF personnel and here she was, being frustrated that her comrades were swift to answer the call. She drew her head back then leaned against the wall, crossing her arms in thought. Going through the front door was out of the question, it would be a matter of time before they found a way in so time was limited, and third, her SmartView revealed the Clinic's fire alarm was initially set off on the roof then down through the stairwell, the intruder arrived from above, fitting if the assumption of it being Lesadra cronies were true.

Right, first things first, how to get inside? Akni opened up the SmartMap app then carefully examined the block's layout, like many others, this one was a square block with a hollow center. "Hmmm..." An idea came to her, they could go through another building then sneaking out the back exit to get into the center courtyard. However, she'd like to hear if the others had other ideas, speaking of them, here they came.

"Girls, meet me in the Southeastern corner of the block, don't approach the Clinic, 2 cops are already here." Akni sent the message to the approaching quartet. Once they met up, the redhead gestured for them to gather, "I'm thinking, we sneak through a building, go to the Central courtyard... then enter the clinic through the back exit. Also, I eavesdropped on the cops, they said the fire alarm was triggered from the roof so whoever our target is, they come from above. Now then, go with my plan?" She eyed each of the girls, "Any suggestions?"

[/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
[fieldbox=, pink, solid]
nxKrxd4.jpg

Disgusting. What a bunch of disgusting adults, thought Chie as she ran past the adults that have bee trying to solicit her into various acts and substances. Absolutely disgusting filth. From the wealthiest CEOs and celebrities to the lowest bottom feeders of Central City, there are no limit of disgusting adults.

Chie looked back and found the other two girls lagging a bit behind here. Turns out all of those 'punishment' running was useful for something at least.

"Girls, meet me in the Southeastern corner of the block, don't approach the Clinic, 2 cops are already here."

It was a message from Farron, the red twintail underclassman. The young girl was quite energetic and fiery, which matched the color of her hair quite well. She also seemed to have some sort of fascination with Chie's classmate, Ellen. Ah, upperclassman crushes were an adorable yet typical thing of high school girls. Chie smirked as she slowed down a bit to give herself a breather, while allowing her other two classmates to catch up.

"I'm thinking, we sneak through a building, go to the Central courtyard... then enter the clinic through the back exit. Also, I eavesdropped on the cops, they said the fire alarm was triggered from the roof so whoever our target is, they come from above. Now then, go with my plan? Any suggestions?"

"My, my. Eavesdropping on law authority figures. What a naughty criminal you are, little Farron. How adorable. Ufufu~." answered Chie with a bit of a giggle as she sent the message. "Are there any smaller buildings nearby that aren't as well secured? Perhaps, we can test out our Cyberframes' mobility modules. I believe I can jump quite far, and attach myself to vertical obstacles."

[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
[fieldbox=", #5fd4a3, solid"]
DldZ32z.jpg

Ellen filtered out the various calls and offers of the night. Even if it was all addressed toward her and her friends, it was just more background chatter, particularly when she had more important things to do, like keep up with Chie. She could swear the girl kept setting a higher pace just to mess with her and Yu-ri.

Farron's message was met with a fairly quick reply of, "Good idea. Don't want to get spotted." She was a little distracted with actually getting there, so she couldn't put more thought into a reply.

Once they did all regroup, Ellen needed a bit of time to catch her breath, and gave Chie a bit of friendly ribbing over the run. "Jeez, Chie," she managed between still quick breaths, "Just because I've got cyberlegs doesn't mean I can run any faster or don't get tired."

Farron and Chie's ideas were sound, although...how did the younger girl know so much about the building just by looking at it? "I don't think I have any really good mobility," Ellen added. "I could probably drop down from above, but otherwise, I'm not sure I can just leap tall buildings in a single bound or anything." She didn't think long before adding her own suggestion. "If the fire alarm's on, that means all the fire exits should be unlocked, so some of us could definitely go in through the ground floor or one of the fire escapes. it might be a little risky, but we could split up, search the building starting from the top and bottom. We want to be fast about this anyway."
[/fieldbox]

• Love
AL4qRE1.jpg

Boing boing boing.

Was Chie trying to attract attention with how many times her breasts were oscillating? Yu-Ri watched the girl with the dynamic bod run off ahead Ellen and herself, before shrugging. She glided past the people offering shady products, ignored the few scraggly hobos asking her for the 'big boob babe's' number, and basically maintained her own pace. Regardless of how fast they ran, it was clear that nothing explosive and violent had happened in Block 6-15 yet, and thus, there was no need to rush.

The ReVizion Therapy Center, eight stories tall, looked more disturbing than anything else to the young girl. A giant eye wasn't exactly the most attractive design concept, after all, though Yu-Ri supposed that it could be worse. After all, the Ol' Factory of Chocolate had a building that was basically a giant mouth, with customers walking in on a tongue-shaped bridge that was just a little too soft.

A message from their glorious 'leader', Farron, had the trio head towards the southeastern corner of the complex instead, and soon, the quintet formed at the parking lot, squatting around like the delinquent school girls they all were. At least the message was useful, what with the target coming above and all that. Leaning against a wall, Yu-Ri listened to their separate plans.

The twintails wanted to go through another building, into the courtyard, and then enter the clinic through the back exit.

The ufufufu wanted to try out the Cyberframes and use them to get to the building.

The catgirl, on the other hand, suggested that they split up into two different groups, searching top and bottom, before theoretically meeting up in the middle.

Yu-Ri fiddled with her hair and looked up at the starless skies.

"Security cameras will be within the buildings," she said, "But they may not be as common on the rooftops. Do we want to be seen this early on? Going from rooftop to rooftop and then travelling down the same hole this intruder has made would be better. We approach from behind them, and benefit from any measures that they have taken to disable cameras and other security systems. It will take longer, but it will be easier that having half of us search from the first floor with absolutely no indication of where they are."

She then stopped, and thought for a moment. "And is speed really a concern? Unlike during the day, it doesn't seem like the intruder is some homicidal maniac. If it's just some flashy industrial spy, it's not even our problem."

"If you can't ascend though, I think I can Grapple you up, Ellen."

• Love
[fieldbox=, yellow, solid]
J1eywIt.jpg

Remi finally made it to the building, taking Farron's advice from the message and going to the southeastern corner. She thought the building looked really... peculiar with such a giant eyeball on it. At the very least it made the girl sure she NEVER wants to enter a building like this... after they enter the building and do whatever it is they have to do. As she jogged up to the rest she giggled a bit in her head at these girls who are already tired. Maybe she was just used to these things herself but besides their "healthy" looking bodies they got tired too easily, hopefully that wouldn't affect them when they have to save the day like today.

"I'm thinking, we sneak through a building, go to the Central courtyard... then enter the clinic through the back exit. Also, I eavesdropped on the cops, they said the fire alarm was triggered from the roof so whoever our target is, they come from above. Now then, go with my plan?"

The blonde girl was surprised at all the information she was able to get on this building, it seemed a bit surreal. Maybe she had a family connection and knew the building? She wouldn't pry, family things are... sensitive for Remi right now to say the least.

Out of all the suggestions so far, Yu-Ri, at least she thought that was her name, had the most sound suggestion in her mind. "I agree with her, except I do think we should hurry, there is school tomorrow after all." Remi said, pointing at the girl halfheartedly. They can play hero all they want, but if they all start to get low grades or attendance it could possibly hurt their futures. While she was pretty sure she had the ability to get up there without any cyberframe help, it also sounded like a dumb idea to risk it herself just to show off. "I can jump pretty high with my suit on, this is nothing for me. I could probably carry someone if you're too tired already." Her last sentence came with a hint of superiority as she glanced over to the upperclassmen, namely Ellen and Chie who were catching their breath.

[/fieldbox]

While the girls worked together to try and come up with a plan of action to go about infiltrating the ReVizion office building, the rest of the world had not frozen in place to allow them the opportunity to converse uninterrupted. Granted, the jog to get to their investigation spot had taken far more time than the discussion, but all the same Akni received the distressing update that the rear fire escape window had been opened, on the second floor. It was on the other side of the building of course, and given the situation undoubtedly linked with the previous triggered alarms.

The CDF agents seemed to be getting antsy, with the male officer returning to his car and coming back a few moments later with a bulky round item. He pulled outward on four points to extend the struts holding smaller circles and then set it down on the sidewalk and stepped back, allowing the object to come to life. It whirred like an industrial fan, but the spinning proppelers allowed it to wobble on its support pole as all five kicked in- first to keep it from toppling over, and soon to allow it to leap up into the air. The spherical sensor module beneath it twisted and swiveled as if getting its bearings, and the CDF agent stepped back and looked pointedly toward the building. The drone leapt up and swerved close to the windows, peering into them through its sensors while moving room to room.

Meanwhile the female officer looked about ready to shoot her way into the building, but had given up on the call, apparently having to wait for someone to come meet them in order to enter a corporate office. Had this been a residential block it doubtless would have been searched from lobby to roof twice already. If either CDF agent was aware that the rear window had been opened, neither of them showed any sign of caring.

The man who stepped into the hospital's billing department hardly looked out of place. His lab coat was a bit ruffled perhaps, his tie stained with some sort of unidentifiable dark liquid, but beyond that he seemed just one of many overworked, overstressed doctors. That might explain why wasn't making eye contact with patients lined up at the automated payment kiosk, why he ducked a simple 'are you alright?' with a look of indignant irritation. In fact, the harrowed look in his eyes was a tad beyond simple anxiety, pushing past 'troubling' and into 'unsettling' territory.

He walked with the perplexing combination of shakiness and confidence, his gait unsteady but his determination never wavering...

From inside Akni's pocket, Mita chirped up as the group seemed to be working on a way to get everyone up onto the roof... albeit some in a more nonchalant, snarky tone than others. "The important thing is preventing any deaths! If there is someone in there who has the Madness, you'll have to stop them!" she didn't want them going in unaware, after all. "Getting caught would definitely not be great but... your Cyberframes do change how you all look! A little bit... anyway. So long as you don't get noticed without them, maybe you'll be fine...?" she shrugged helplessly, clearly wanting to assist but lacking in solid advice to give and unaware that the situation had already changed anyway.[/hr][/hr]

• Love
AL4qRE1.jpg

Looked like Remi was in agreement with her. Good. Chie seemed to have a thing for Remi, so that'd mean she'd tag along as well. Extra good. That meant they now had the majority, which also meant that they can just muscle through everything. Combine that with Mita's reassurance that their face was changed by their Cyberframe, and there really was no reason for any of them to stick around in their 'real life' forms. Yu-Ri nodded at the blond girl, and then closed her eyes.

No need for flashy phrases. No need for profound ideals. Just need to need.

Dimensions overlaid, as her school uniform was replaced by something much more scandalous. From behind, cold metal seemed to almost sprout from her back, and mechanical apparatuses linked up to her synapse. A moment later, Yu-Ri could feel her breasts being pushed up, and she opened her eyes. The Swallowtail Wings twitched at her command, and she looked at the others.

"We do have school tomorrow. So let's play this by ear."

Her yellow eyes flicked towards the Parking Lot they were standing beside. With a whirr, six black blades shot up, ascending 12 meters before striking the side of the building and retracting. Yu-Ri really didn't want to spend too much time, and it was probably a slower method than Chie jumping or Akni flying, but when you weren't able to ignore the laws of gravity, you'd have to get creative with your building-scaling shenanigans.
Cyberframe
Heat: 37 + 10 (Cyberframe Don) + 2 (Cyberframe Don) + 3 (SW Module) + 1 (Sub modules) - 2 (Passive Cooling) = 51
Processing: 4/12

Active Modules:
Rating 2 Swallowtail Wings (Grapple + Entangle)
0 Power, 0 Accuracy, 2 Grapple, 0 Entangle

Last edited:
  • Love
[fieldbox=, Red, solid]
ByYiTQJ.jpg

The suggestions came from each of her teammates, all of them were worth a consideration, yes even Yu Ri's, really. She had to admit, the black-haired girl's plan was the best for their current situation. Akni deliberately ignored the slim dancer's apparent attempt at cockblocking between her and Ellen, considering the situation, it seemed all too nonsensical if she'd do so intentionally, thus, Akni decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. "Alright then, we'll go with Yu Ri's pla-" Then the update from her SmartView cut her off.

"Shit..." The 2nd floor fire escape window leading to the block's central courtyard was opened, it'd mean one obvious thing, the intruder had left the Clinic, or one of them if there were multiple perpetrators. "Girls, I-..." Again, she stopped herself, realizing she couldn't just tell this information without them going suspicious. She'd have to choose, risk her cover or innocent lives? Now, it might seem like an obvious choice, but her cover was essential in maintaining the network she built in the school, she'd also have to consider the implication of alerting the pimps and drug cartels. "Tch..." The situation was developing too quickly for her taste, the CDF agents had deployed a surveillance drone and one of them considered breaking into the clinic. What do do?!

"...Ha... right!" Her salvation came in the form of a green-haired tech fairy, Mita's information regarding the Cyberframe doubling as a disguise was very much welcomed. Also, she reinforced Akni's conviction, they were here to save people, damn it! Not dallying about! "Alright then, I'll go check the Courtyard from above, who knows if one of the perpetrators had left the building? I'll alert you girls if I find something. Be careful of the CDF drone, okay?" She was the only one here who could fly after all, "Mita, leave my pocket, I'm going to transform. Flame on!" In swirl of flames, the twintailed girl stepped out of the small inferno with her cyberframe equipped. "Let's go!" Valiant Red ran forward a bit before jumping up then igniting her jets, travelling through the air, she positioned herself above the courtyard, red eyes scanning for any moving figure. "Where the hell are you?!"

[fieldbox=Condition Monitor, Red, solid]
Heat: 55 (37 (Base) + 12 (Donning) + 4 (Modules) + 4 (Overcharging) - 2 (P. Cooling))
Processing: 3/12
Modules:
  • Advanced Jet Propulsion: Active (Rating 3, Supercharge 1)
[/fieldbox]
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
  • Love
J1eywIt.jpg

Remi clicked her tongue at Farron's actions, considering she could just sweep the whole area for anyone suspicious. Well, time to try to be useful I guess. She took a few steps away from the group, not really wanting them to hear her again, now realizing how embarrassing it could be to say aloud what she says. Moving closer to the parking garage, Remi grabs onto her locket and says in a soft, yet intense tone "Justice, guide me!"

She felt herself changing again, much like how it was before, even becoming a bit taller due to the heels. She could feel a breeze on the uncovered skin of her thighs, which meant the transformation was complete. Looking upwards, she focused on her feet as it glowed a dull green light before she lifted herself into the air, making it to the top of the hospital building with ease. She would have jumped onto the parking lot, but was afraid of the possibility of there being cars still there, possibly staying there overnight because of the hospital.

"You can't hide from me..." She said under breath, her pauldrons shining as they begun to sweep the ReVision Therapy Center for any life forms as she crept closer and closer to the Therapy Center, taking care to try her best to not be seen by the drone like object. Of course by proximity she also scanned the administration building she was on. Of course while she was at it she decided to scan the communication transmissions of the CDF. Suddenly, a voice could be heard to all of the other girls. As well as blue blobs resembling humans and movement.

Remi Comm and Vision, online! We'll be able to talk silently with this as long as I'm around. Also, the blue things are people, cars, or something moving, don't be scared.

Remi gave a sigh after feeling obligated to say so much at once to all of her teammates. At least she wouldn't have to do it again.

I hope Chie hits her head trying to jump. Remi accidentally sent to the rest of her team.

[fieldbox=Resource Moniter, yellow, solid]
Heat: 57 (37 (Base) + 12 (Donning) + 10 (Modules) - 2 (P. Cooling))
Processing: 8
Modules:
Standard Potential Energy Capacitors (Rating 1)
Improved Sensor Suite (Rating 3, 1 Free Socket (Communications Array))
Standard Strategic Data Link (Rating 1, 1 Free Socket (Sensor Streaming))

[/fieldbox]
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
  • Love
[fieldbox=, pink, solid]
nxKrxd4.jpg

Chie watched as some of the girls began to don on their Cyberframes. She supposed that immediate action would be the right call. Even if they were caught, she doubted anyone would recognized them. Especially, her own very scandalous Cyberframe.

"Autres temps, autres mœurs." said Chie. Suddenly, she felt that strange sensation of strength, will, and something else that she couldn't quite name to it flood all over her body. She looked down, and got reminded of her scandalous Cyberframe's 'features'. She was barely able to resist covering one of her hands over the missing material on her torso, and looked at the rest of her schoolmates. No, that wasn't what they are. Fellow Valiant. Just like those silly masked hero shows that were popular to little kids, trying to teach them silly values like justice or heroism.

I hope Chie hits her head trying to jump. The message had came from the frosty little underclassmen. Chie giggled as she heard the message mentally. She was pretty sure that she sent her laugh mentally back to everyone. She wasn't sure why but Remi seemed to dislike her for some reason unknown to her. Remi wasn't part of her class, club, and wasn't one of the girls whose love confession that Chie rejected. "Ara ara, what a naughty and devious little girl you are. I'll have to teach you a lesson about respect later~" replied Chie laughing at the whole situation. She turned over to Ellen and saw that the fellow class- Valiant lacked the mobility that the rest of the group had.

"Since we're calling ourselves, Valiants. Can I be Valiant Pink? I like the color pink. Oh, and Miss. Green. I have an idea to get you to the top." Chie activated the module installed on her legs that would give her superhuman leg strength. And then she overcharged it. Surely, that would generate enough force to carry double the weight. Chie walked over to Ellen, looked at her with a smirk, and then lifted off her feet off the ground. She had one arm below Ellen's thighs, and the other arm under her upper back. This carry should be sufficient for the task.

"Hold on tight, Miss. Valiant Green. It might be- what's the word. Extreme."

[fieldbox=Condition Monitor, pink, solid]
Heat: 57 = 37 (base) + 12 (Donning) + 10 (Active Modules) - 2 (Passive Cooling)

Active Modules
Leg: Improved Potential Energy Capacitors (Rating 2): Overcharged 2!
[/fieldbox]

[/fieldbox]

• Love
DldZ32z.jpg

Well, time for a trail by fire. Ellen watched as the others prepared their Cyberframes, and wasted little time following suit. Focus your mind, and..."Engangle link." She didn't shout it this time, but just the same, her cyberframe materialized around her with a shimmer of green light.

"Pink's fine," Ellen replied to Chie. The earlier exchange...well, she had to shake her head at that. "That visual overlay's going to take a little getting used to, Remi," she added to the other girl, still speaking aloud, although she didn't need to."

She watched Chie at her suggestion of an idea. "Oh? What's that? I could probably overcharge my own jets and just make it over one of the smaller buildings, you you may not have to-" She was cut off, including mentally, by a surprised squeak as Chie simply scooped her up into a princess carry. "Or, uh, that works, yeah." She blused a little, and hoped she wasn't too heavy. And that that thought didn't leak out to everyone. "All right, then, hanging on." She hooked an arm over Chie's neck for extra stability, careful not to get her in some sort of death grip. "Thanks for the lift."

[fieldbox="Condition Monitor, #5fd4a3, solid"]
Heat: 43 = 37 base+12 donning-6 active cooling
Processing: 0/12
Active Modules: None
[/fieldbox]
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
  • Love

Responding to the call to action, Mita jumped out of Akni's pocket in a blaze of green, swirling through the air in a duo of loops before hovering to watch all five of the city's new defenders take on their combat-capable forms. "Right!" she chirped to Akni while giving an encouraging thumbs up. "You girls got this! Remember your practice, and try not to let anyone else get hurt!" She clasped her hands together nervously and glanced around, clearly unsure of what to do as the girls one-by-one-by-one-by-two ascended to the roof of the hospital administration, aside from Yu-Ri who chose the parking garage. She settled on floating up to join them, though hovering close to the roof to stay out of the way.

Luckily by this time at night the parking garage was empty enough that only the lower levels were in use. The automated cars that filtered in and left did so at the behest of the building's digital direction software, ensuring that no one came up to the roof parking just for the view. On the other hand, nothing stopped the humans in the surrounding buildings from wandering into the courtyard to enjoy a little nature, so when Akni blasted up into the air she got a good view of... the people that Remi's sensor suite highlighted for her anyway. The view through the detection Module wasn't exactly as precise as directly seeing the scene though, and definitely didn't provide as much information as the eyes did. The three moving blobs of blue in the courtyard resolved into a duo of patients from the hospital as well as a security guard. Fortunately the latter was already heading back into the building. Of the remaining two people, one was busy trying to hide whatever it was he was smoking from the security guard, while an elderly lady craned her head up to stare in slack-jawed wonder at the sight of Akni hovering above.

"Hey! Buddy... hold it right there!" The yell wasn't addressed at any of them, originating from the security guard in a khaki shirt and black slacks. He had broken into a run as he followed someone into the back entrance of the main hospital wing, an arm raised to point at his quarry. Seems the Valiants didn't have to wonder for too long where their target had escaped to, but the question might remain whether to pursue and risk being spotted or worse- picked up on the hospital's interior surveillance system. They'd really have to hope that their appearance was different enough to fool facial recognition.

Thanks to Remi's expanded sensory capabilities, the team could watch not only what happened on the building's outside, but also a glimpse of what was going on within, albeit a grainy one. It seems the walls had a distorting effect on her sensors' clarity, but they could still see the glowing azure outline of the movements of patients and medical staff within the hospital, almost like it was tracking the noises of footsteps or vibrations of the air. As a result the expanded perception had a lot of background noise to sift through in order to understand the scene playing out before them, and it was even worse considering they now had every bit of information sent by every DataNet-connected hardware in the area streaming through their skulls through the link with Remi's Communications Array. The O2-monitor in Room 212 was reporting a dangerous dip in the patient's oxygen levels. The coffee maker in the lounge needed descaling. No less than three soap dispensers were requesting refill soon. One vending machine had a stuck pack of SprinkleBrite Cookies stuck above the door. Several thousand lights were confirming operational status. Hundreds of patient beds awaited requests to change tilt levels. Individual climate controls constantly reporting temperature and humidity in every room. And every call or DataNet activity of every patient or staff member routed to their heads as well- And clawing at the edges of their mind was the rest of the awareness from the rest of the 10,000 foot radius dome Remi's sensors surveyed, as if the immediate vicinity wasn't enough. The sheer amount of data was maddening! They'd have to learn to focus and sift through the noise to find what only what was wanted, amid the clammering voices all competing for their attention.

Or just tell Remi to shut that part off, one of the two.

If they somehow managed to keep track of the security guard from the courtyard through the slurry of sensory input, the team would get to watch his trajectory as he approached another person, walking past a fallen form that was already fading from view. The outline of blue on the ground dipped to purple, then to gray, and then dissipated altogether, as if the sensors had lost that 'blip.' When the security guard caught up he seemed to bounce backward... In the x-ray vision of the sensor sweep it was impossible to see what exactly had transpired, but the end result was beyond questioning: the guard's blue blob dropped to the floor a moment later, his own outline dimming to indigo as well. Something was certainly amiss.

• Love
AL4qRE1.jpg

Well, it was definitely…expected of Farron, to go dramatically transform, fly up into the air, and catch the attention of literally anyone looking out the window. And what CDF Drone was she even talking about? Yu-RI closed her eyes, not amused at all by the redhead's bombastic actions, before climbing over onto the top of the Parking Garage. It was empty, but even if it wasn't, the cars would have been automatically filing in and out regardless. Balancing along the wall, Yu-Ri flinched as Remi's sensory visuals suddenly overtook her eyes. Like an old-film movie, but infinitely more nauseating, an overflow of information rushed into her brain, and the raven-haired girl almost fell off the wall as a result. Shaking her head, she focused and observed.

Remi, please stop.

Events unfolded in the form of blue blips, as a security guard chased after a suspicious person, only to get blown back by an unknown force and then…dying? Something was definitely off, and Yu-Ri scratched the back of her neck. They had to do things a little bit faster now, huh? Coiling her legs, she called forth the Speed Augmentators and ran off north. Getting to the far end of the parking garage in just a moment, Yu-Ri launched out her Swallowtail Wings, sending them onto the edge of the Nu-Yu Prescribe Hub. The four blades latched on, retracted, and catapulted her over the building. Rolling and recovering, Yu-Ri ran head-first towards the two-story wall of Hope Hospital, her body warming up from running and module usage. She hit the wall with her right foot, taking two steps up on the wall before kicking off. The grapple-blades launched out once more as she somersaulted. The contraption placed on her back whirred in action, pulling her upwards.

Yu-Ri sailed through the air, disengaged her grapple blades part way through, and performed a three-point landing.

I will trigger a fire alarm in Hope Hospital. Remi, track down whoever the guard was going after.

Chie and Ellen can continue to do their prince-and-princess play for however long they want. At this moment, Remi was the only person who was really useful anyways.

Condition Monitor
Heat: 51 + 4 (SW and Submodule) + 4 (SA) - 2 (Net Passive Cooling) = 57
Processing: 6/12

Active Modules:
Rating 2 Swallowtail Wings (Grapple + Entangle)
0 Power, 0 Accuracy, 2 Grapple

Rating 3 Speed Augmentation

• Love
[fieldbox=, pink, solid]
nxKrxd4.jpg

Remi's sensory radar was mind-blowing and vomit inducing in every sense of it. Chie barely managed to steadily land herself and Ellen as she landed onto the roof of the hospital administration building with a single jump. Chie felt the strong gasp of Ellen's hand on her neck. Perhaps the fellow Valiant was afraid of heights? Maybe she was tied up and dangled on a rope when she was kidnapped. Either way, Chie slowly lowered Ellen from her arms onto the rooftop's floor. Miss. Valiant Green was a bit heavier than she appeared. Chie decided not to comment on that part as weight as she remembered almost being slapped by some girl for asking her increased weight after News Years. "Thank you for flying with Valiant Pink. Have a great evening~"

"Miss. Valiant Yellow, you're showing me way too much, naughty girl. We need to focus down on the details and looks for what's wrong. It seems like our dear sweet Black is off to check that guard, I'll look at the other strange signs as well."

Chie turned off her Potential Energy Capacitors on her legs to inactive, and she rushed over towards the middle of the building complex. From here, she should be able to spot and maybe hear anything strange that's going on. She turned on her Noise Filtering to max, hoping that her massively enhanced eyes and ears could catch it. The module was incredible. She could hear the beating heartbeats of her fellow Valiants. They were all beating heavily with excitement of their first mission. Her eyes were also able to pick up details of rooms through windows as if she was using very well-made binoculars. No, it was better than binoculars. Chie felt like she can see everything from her eyes. It felt like she was able to see everything in the world with full clarity and focus. It simply could not be explained with words.

First, Chie locked her eyes towards Room 212's window, before slowly across each window, hoping that her enhanced vision and focus would be able to spot something that Remi's unfocused and area wide sensor suite would have overlooked.

"I will trigger a fire alarm in Hope Hospital."

"What, a bad Valiant Black~. I'll keep in an eye if anything strange occurs when you do so as well."

[fieldbox="Condition Monitor"]
Heat: 69 = 57 (Previous turn) + 14 (Active Modules) - 2 (Passive Cooling)
Processing: 5/12

Active Modules
Head: Improved Noise Filtering (Rating 2): Overcharge 3!
[/fieldbox]

[/fieldbox]

• Love
[fieldbox=, Red, solid]
ByYiTQJ.jpg

Being high up in the air gave Akni a solid bird's eye view on the courtyard below, to make things even better, "Oh...?" the redhead suddenly found her vision and senses amplified by some kind of cybernetic radar. "Ah..." Courtesy of the youngest member of their group, huh? Neat. "Nice move, Remi, now nothing can hide from us." Akni fought back a snort from the girl's obvious message blunder... or not considering the blonde's grumpy disposition. Anyways, malicious intention aside, Akni hoped the tall busty upperclassmen to not hit her head, their first mission wasn't going to end up failing on her watch.

"Hmmm..." Still hovering in the air, Akni focused her attention to the highlighted objects around the courtyard, "I see security guards and a patient... not our target for sure." Did the perpetrator go inside another building? Very plausible, but... which one? "...?!" The yell definitely got her attention, it didn't take long for Akni to lock her gaze at the previous guard, his movements suggested he was spotting someone who shouldn't be there. "Girls! Our target is in the Hospital!" Akni mentally warned the Valiants while turning her gears on how should they proceed. "Hmm-... kuh?!" The redhead suddenly held the sides of her head as Remi's shared sensor worked too well for its own good, flooding her mind with a massive influx of unnecessary information, "R-remi... gah... s-stop it, d-damn it!" Fortunately for everyone's sanity, the blonde ceased the maddening contraption, "Ha... fuh... don't ever do that again."

Shaking her head, Akni refocused her surveying eyes towards the guard's last known location. "...Shit." A slumped individual, alright, the target was still there alright! "Girls, the suspect entered through Hope Hospital's back entrance! One man do-..." The guard followed suit, "No, two down! Hurry!" The situation had definitely escalated as it now involved casualties, either wounded or dead... Akni sincerely hoped it was the former. In her gusto to protect the innocent with her newfound power, Akni blazed diagonally downwards to the back entrance, landing just in time as Yu-Ri performed her superhero landing. "Got it, Yu-Ri, trigger it! Remi, do what Yu-Ri says, and make it fast!" Ignoring the gawking patients behind her, the redhead held out both hands in front of her, summoning her fiery claymore with a stick-shaped swirl of flames. "I'm going in, Girls!" This done, she dashed forward, hoping to buy the other Valiants some time and prevent anymore victims.

[fieldbox=Condition Monitor, Red, solid]
Heat: 61 (55 (Previous) + 4 (Modules) + 4 (Overcharging) - 2 (P. Cooling))
Processing: 3/12
Modules:
  • Advanced Jet Propulsion: Active (Rating 3, Supercharge 1)
  • Aknicalibur: Summoned, not Used
[/fieldbox]
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
  • Love
DldZ32z.jpg

Ellen shook her head and swooned at the sudden expansion of her sensorium to include everything going on. She did her best to ignore it and focus simply on what her own eyes were telling her, rather than try to track much of Remi's streamed data. "Damn, that's too much to deal with..." She paused and gave Chie a thumbs up. "No problem on the flight. Thanks for the lift." She immediately made her way toward the side of the building facing into the courtyard, to take stock of the situation without needing to focus on that sensory overload of unnecessary data. Figuring out how to filter that would be a major priority.

There wasn't much time to plan, with the security guard rushing in...and not getting very far. Yu-ri had the right idea with triggering an alarm, and at this point, the confusion might give them some cover, but more importantly, it would also alert the building's occupants to some sort of trouble. Akni, however, took the more proactive approach of rushing right in. "Damn it," Ellen replied to the others. "Sounds like things are getting worse already. Farron, I'll be right behind you." No time to think, just time to act, and rushing after their likely target was the right thing to do even without the guard dropping like a sack of bricks as soon as he tried it. Sure, the same fate might befall the both of them, but holding back would just lead to it happening to someone else.

Ellen jumped right off the roof, switching on her own jets in midair. Bursts of brilliant green erupted from her feet, slowing her descent enough to move her well into the courtyard by the time she made her landing, the jets cutting off a few feet above the ground. The landing was a bit hard, causing her to bend at the knees as if she'd just hopped down a wall a few feet tall. She didn't miss a beat before taking off at a sprint behind Farron's blazing form, not even sparing a glance to the two doubtless very confused patients already in the courtyard.

Unlike Farron, Ellen didn't opt for pulling a weapon out of the air immediately. Instead, she focused on defense, switching on her suit's armoring system. One can't really see a difference when the actual effect was some sort of additional power to molecular bonding fields, but that thin suit was now far, far tougher than it had any right to be. If an attack was going to greet her, she wanted to be ready. She considered her reaction enhancement as well, but until she knew the situation, it didn't seem like she needed to go all-in.

[fieldbox="Condition Monitor, #5fd4a3, solid"]
Heat: 45 = 43 + 2 jets + 2 armor -2 cooling
Active Modules: Rating 2 Reinforced Armor w/ Heatsink
[/fieldbox]
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
  • Love
J1eywIt.jpg

Woah, that was a LOT of sound being thrown into her suit. Way too much talking, Remi would have to figure out someway to tune out the unneeded filler stuff, maybe a filter of some sort. With a click of the tongue she turned off the sound function of her tracker, focusing instead on tracking the many people inside the building. She noticed the blue blip suddenly going darker, to her dismay.

"Ha... fuh... don't ever do that again."

A small, malicious smile appeared on Remi's face. After a small chuckle she replied "Oh sure, never again." Remi was definitely going to do it again.

I will trigger a fire alarm in Hope Hospital. Remi, track down whoever the guard was going after.

I can track them easily but... I'm not really cut out for a close range office fight so don't expect me to engage by myself! She said as she heard Farron enter the back entrance.

From where the blob turned indigo, it was very easily to pinpoint the blue blob at fault. Remi sprinted for the nearest distance down to the hospital and chased after the blob. She wasn't going to run into him, but keep a close enough distance to be able to track the enemy them self. If she was fast enough she could try to save the security guard. Remi made it to one of the stairwells right before the hallway the enemy is in. She lowered the intensity of her scanning to lessen the amount of stuff in everyone else's view.

...Maybe she should try to attract the monster attention, bring him upstairs maybe? She summoned her ranged weapon, this time in the form of the standard CDF side-arm. Her heart started to beat faster, not entirely sure of whats going to be past that door or the state of the bodies.

I'm just right before entering the second floor, I think I'm going to go in to keep him occupied She mentally said to the others, feeling herself get hotter, unsure if it's because of the suit or adrenaline.

[fieldbox=Resource Monitor, yellow, solid]
Heat: 61 (57 (Base) + 6 (Modules) - 2 (P. Cooling))
Processing: 5
Modules:
Improved Sensor Suite (Rating 2)
Improved Ranged Weapon Module (Rating 3 [1 Range / 2 Power]) - Not currently in use / Holstered
Standard Strategic Data Link (Rating 1, 1 Free Socket (Sensor Streaming)
[/fieldbox]
[/fieldbox]

Already the scene within the hospital was growing more dire by the second. Yu-Ri was moving to infiltrate through the roof access while Remi opted for a stairway, leaving Ellen and Akni to rush in after their target. Chie alone had stayed behind to observe, watching with immense clarity the scene played out- able to see not only through the windows but through the reflections of shiny objects (including a helpful door knob!) inside the rooms to put together an astounding degree of detail at a glance. What she saw mirrored what Akni and Ellen encountered as they darted in through the rear office and through the hallway.

A gruesome scene lay at the start of a trail of crimson foot prints. The guard in khakis they'd seen rush in just moments before was slumped to a wall, a hand to his neck. Already the last few dribbles of scarlet leaked through soaked fingers, his eyes wide and unseeing and skin pale. The front of him was as painted red as the floor beneath the other person there. A woman in a skirt and bisected shirt, chest given the same treatment with rib cage split open to reveal a heap of purple, salmon, and red-orange organs now exposed to the air. Before they could fully assess the condition of either casualty, the sound of a clattering crash came from down the hall and around the corner, near the stairwell. The bloody foot prints lead there and upon investigating they would find their culprit.

A man in his late twenties or early thirties sat hunched over a knocked-over medical cart, tearing out drawers from their slides as if ripping apart a prey animal after a long hunt. His back was turned to the girls but when he heard their approach he spun, holding a trio of syringes in his left hand and a gory scalpel in the other. He was definitely their suspect- if the blood splatters coating his shirt, face, and glasses didn't make that clear then his eyes certainly would. Obviously cybernetic, they appeared to be malfunctioning somehow, emitting a harsh red glare while they gave Ellen and Akni a distressed stare. "Too late- you're too late! I will... cure this! I can... contain it! Nnnngh!" His voice cracked as his body seemed to quake in a miniature seizure.

Before they knew what had happened his arm swung and... stabbed all three micro-needles into his own thigh, pressing the plungers with his thumb so that the liquid contents flooded his leg. "Stop stop stop stop stop ahahah HAH!" He shook and the red glare of his eyes burned brighter while he swayed left and then right. "They won't- They won't stop- they won't- not, unless- AAAARRGGHH!" And then he threw himself at Akni first and then Ellen next, moving with inhuman speed, swinging his sharp blade in a series of frenzied slashes in an attempt to continue his spree of unscheduled surgery!

Battle it seemed, had been joined.

• Nice Execution!
Status
Not open for further replies.