Scariest video game you played?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silent Hill. All of them.
Lots of great atmosphere and pretty much the only games I can't play in the dark.
Also, excellent sound, especially the random clanking and such.

Reactions: Astaroth
There's a lot of really great horror games, although I don't play a lot. I usually watch them.

Ones I have played include:
  • Amnesia: The Dark Decent
  • Amnesia: Justine-
  • Slender(yeah, yeah. I know. Rather cliche. BUT THAT GAME IS SCARY.)
Games I've watched being played:
  • Outlast
  • Amoung The Sleep
  • Amnesia: A Machine For Pig
  • The Penumbra series
  • Clock Tower
  • SCP: Containment Breach
  • The Condemned Series
  • Ju-On: The Grudge
There's a lot others but these are the ones I can think of.

There's another game that I don't know the name of, and I'm pretty sure it hasn't been released yet, but it basically adapts to the players fears(I.e. the dark, spiders, heights) to give them the best terrifying experience they can have.
It sounds amazing.

Outlast on nightmare mode on a flatscreen with surround sound at 12 am.

All hell breaks loose.

Reactions: Razilin
My profile picture is a testimony as to me and my brothers when we played.

It was a birthday party, we made people cry lmao.

Reactions: Fluffy
You fools! Why would you subject yourself to that? Why? WHYYYY?

SCP Containment Breach

no please don't
no
no

//dies a breach-y death//

n_n

Dead Space for sure. Having a Gun doesn't always make you feel better about that thing that you are screaming nope about while running down a corridor. lol

I can play most horror games without much issue, but there is something about Resident Evil games that scare the poop out of me. I really can't place it.

The concept behind Dead Space.

Looks like were the only ones left, the rest of the galaxy is just dead space...

Also, Soul Sacrifice, while not scary it pushed all the right emotional buttons for being a handheld MonHun spinoff.

Slenderman. Took a few steps and gave up. Haven't touched a scary game since. I'm completely hopeless at horror games.

Playing Doom 3 at 2 AM in the morning as a 7 year old.

I still flinch to this day.

The Silent Hill series is an obvious shout; Silent Hill 2 is (quite rightly) considered one of the greatest horror games of all time, and I was also quite partial to the fourth installment (The Room) as well. Yes, the protagonist was a bit of a 'tard, but I loved the setting and execution of the game as a whole.

Now, scary games are all well and good. I love me a good jump scare. But the game that disturbed me the most? The game that left me creeped out, lying awake in bed long after I finished it just trying to process what the fuck I had experienced?

That would be Saya No Uta (Song Of Saya).

I don't really do games like it (visual novels are a weird thing for me). But a friend (and those chaps at Extra Credits) recommended it, so check it out I did. And yeah, it claims the title of the most disturbing, grotesque and fucked up thing I've played.

Song Of Saya isn't really what you'd call a cheery game. You won't have what you'd call fun playing it, but if you're really into horror you'll enjoy the experience it sends you on.

Reactions: Astaroth
Silent Hill 2,the apartment part.It scares the heck out of me till I peed in pants when I was around 14 andd The last of us the generator part.I can't fu***** pass that part without tutorial.That damn bloater spawned out of nowhere!and those stupid clickers too...

PaSYFaj.jpg

Reactions: Razilin
Amnesia TDD takes the cake with SCP at a close second, both Containment Breach and the stairway one.... oh god the stairway one...

If you want a dark and messed up game that's kinda a horror game...try Rule of Rose. The stuff behind the story is what's so frightening.

Amnesia and SCP are definitely up there.
My top is outlast. I was way too terrified to play it myself, but I've seen lets plays.
And I think i remember Cry playing Rule of Rose. I don't think I ever finished it though, cause it was so frightening.

Reactions: LunaValentine
resident evil, classic with silent hill 2. The one that I just wanted to run through the faster to get done with already was of course doom 3. Brilliant scares. There were a few other good ones as well...the last one was dead space I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.