Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Adventure stories! They can be fantasy, modern, sci-fi, all kinds! Give me some good world travel stories and I'm all over it! I also enjoy romance stories and even though I tend to play females I love playing gay men.
A lot of times people like to make their characters with flaws to flesh them out and give them some depth but sometimes it's difficult to figure out what flaws to give your character, so Zypher has found a handy little list of phobias! They run the gamut from silly to serious but they're all real!

So the next time you're looking for a way to give your character something to scream from use this list here!

And since we're on the subject, what ones on that list do you find interesting? Do you have them? Which ones are downright silly?

I once had a character who had TONS of phobias. She was the Angel of Creation, so I felt it best to balance out all that power with some really silly and debilitating fears. XD The worst and most hilarious of all was her fear of OLIVES. Which was a real struggle because she was constantly hanging out with Lucifer who liked to drink martinis with olives... >>;

That's handy! I am never sure what to make a character fearful of because I don't understand a lot of fears myself. So thanks!

Agateophobia seems sort of contradictory. If you're THAT afraid of being insane, then isn't it a bit too late? XD

Shit, A LOT of these seem ridiculous as hell! Fear of looking up? Fear of gravity? Fear of TREES!? Man!

Could a dog be afraid of looking up? I mean, they can't look up, so it wouldn't bother them, would it?

Could a dog be afraid of looking up? I mean, they can't look up, so it wouldn't bother them, would it?

Unless it's BECAUSE it can't look up that it fears looking up? Fear of what could be there, but it can't see it...!

I like giving my characters strange sources of paranoia and phobias. Cool link, Zyph!

I actualy been diagnosed with Aichmophobia (the fear of needles) I have always been terrified by hypodermic needles. just thinking about them is making me feel sick.

<tbody>
</tbody>

I don't personally have any phobias, but I sometimes give them to my characters.
Quick musing - would ablutophobia be the opposite of germophobia? ;p
Fear of germs and a fear of washing/bathing.
o_O