Scarborough Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lewi

Original poster
IN CHARACTER THREAD - https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/signups-still-open-scarborough-fair.113029/

Are you going to Scarborough Fair?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme.
Remember me to one who lives there.
She once was a true love of mine.

On the side of a hill in the deep forest green.
Tracing of sparrow on snow-crested brown.
Blankets and bedclothes the child of the mountain.
Sleeps unaware of the clarion call.

Tell her to make me a cambric shirt.
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme;
Without no seams nor needle work,
Then she'll be a true love of mine.

On the side of a hill a sprinkling of leaves.
Washes the grave with silvery tears.
A soldier cleans and polishes a gun.
Sleeps unaware of the clarion call.

Tell her to find me an acre of land:
Between the salt water and the sea strand,

War bellows blazing in scarlet battalions.
Generals order their soldiers to kill.
And to fight for a cause,
They've long ago forgotten.

Tell her to reap it with a sickle of leather:
And gather it all in a bunch of heather,

A man walks among the desolate ground.
Fires, bloodstains, and fires abound.
He looks upon his decree for destruction
And knows that she sits with a smile.

To the east there are towns set aglow with flame.
To the west there lay vast armies slain.
To the north there is escape in ice fields and tundra.
And to the south she has long forgotten his name.

His robes are torn, and stained of the earth.
His armor, once shining, is rust.
His sword, once mighty, is cracked and beaten.
His heart, under her spell, was crushed.

A crown rests upon a devil's head.
Sitting in the throne of the man sent to flee.
Battle scarred and broken, onward he treads.
While she rests in the arms of his enemy.

This roleplay is going to be about a king who's lost it all. It's going to be about how he starts out with a woman, his lover and/or wife whom he falls head over heels in love with in his kingdom called Scarborough just so the title fits, and is blinded by her love so much so that he follows her manipulation. What he doesn't know is that she's in love with an enemy kingdom's king, and she intends to get to him so that she can in essence take his kingdom right out from under him and give it to the other guy. It sparks a war. A bloody war between the two breaks out and it's during this difficult time she begins to slip up and reveal her true colors because of either the pressures on her or whatever (I will let whoever claims her be that judge) and he finds out about her plan all too late. So from there he flees with a broken heart, and nothing left since he's lost everything.

What I had in mind for this roleplay is that we would begin somewhere along where he meets this evil woman, and go up to the war and where he's ran off, then through his fleeing and perhaps him finding another lover who's genuine and maybe even his comeback? At the same time whoever is playing the manipulative woman who caused his downfall could plot out what's going on there. I know it's vague, but I don't want to try to write out everything that should happen and then take all the fun out. Also, mark it down on your calendars, this is the FIRST rp that I have wanted to play the male lead in. My ENTIRE arsenal of characters is female except for this guy. :)

For clarification: The blue part is the song Scarborough Fair's lyrics as written by Simon and Garfunkel. It's significance here is to the broken hearted king and how it's essentially given him unreal expectations for a future lover, thus the mentions of impossible tasks like sewing without seams and using a leather sickle, because of past experience. The red is mine, and that is the aftermath of the war.

Fun Fact: As is the lyrics weren't kick butt enough, parsley is symbolic for removing bitterness, sage is symbolic for strength, rosemary is symbolic for faithfulness, love, and remembrance, and thyme is symbolic for courage if that helps to clarify further the meaning and significance of the blue part lol.

AVALIABLE ROLES

RED = Very Needed Role
  1. The woman who causes the king his downfall
  2. The enemy king
  3. Perhaps a new love for the king
  4. Strategic Advisor to the king
  5. Archivist apprentice(s) please see this Character Sheet if interested
  6. General
  7. Servants to any of the kings or evil queen lady
  8. Other roles you think would work? I'm open to suggestions!
EXAMPLE CHARACTER SHEET

Name:
Species:
Job/Career:
Magic: Yes or no and what kind
History:
Appearance:

OTHER IMPORTANT INFO
  • Multiple characters are allowed​
  • Spot is open for an assistant GM
  • Remember to please tag people in your posts especially if you want them to see it or are interacting with their character by using the @ sign and then their user!
  • I would like at least a couple paragraphs for responses.
  • Feel free to suggest stuff!​
OUR CAST
The King of Scarborough, Allistair - @Lewi
The Archivist, Harold - @Lewi
The Seductress, Adara - @IceQueen
Mercenary and War Lord/Evil King, Kareth - @Grothnor
Arch Mage, Arkan'xon - @Lurolm
Apprentice of Arkan'xon, Samuel - @Lurolm
The Wanderer, Kaler - @DragonFist1988
The Enchantress, Joliett - @Everly
Dancer/Mercenary, Aelyna - @perseponies
Advisor to the king, Caim - @NewKingofDrangleic
Royal Messenger, Circa - @GreatWest
Archivist's Apprentice, Makoto - @FireDrake150

Okay guys, so if this roleplay falls flat on it's face i'm going to be very upset because I have worked very hard on this one and a lot of inspiration went into it. I searched for the PERFECT song, and the PERFECT version of it, and I worked very hard on my section too. Don't make the Lewi cry. T_T

Also, just for those interested, these are the banners I have up for this roleplay as soon as they're approved!

scarborough fair 2.jpg scarborough fair 3.jpg scarborough fair.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Allistair Caldwell
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Species: Human
Job/Career: King of Scarborough
Magic: Yes. Battle magic of various types, but specializes in fire magic.
History: Allistair was the only son of his father and predecessor King Aloysius. He was raised in a loving family comprised of the castle staff, his father, and his mother and he was taught to always do what was necessary to make his subjects happy. His father had trained him from day one into a warrior as well as trained him in the kingly duties, but Allistair was more interested in what it was like with his people. So it's not an uncommon occurrence for him to disguise himself and walk amongst the commoners. He gained his magical ability by training with the resident court Mage once he was old enough. The news of his fathers death hit him hard. He hadn't been expecting it and if devesatated him to lose someone so close to him. His mother followed shortly there after and he threw himself into his work more than ever. To add to this, the prince turned King was only 17 at the time so he relied heavily on his advisors during that time until he got the swing of things down. He had been so busy though he lacked a personal life instead putting his people first. He hadn't even so much as went on a date
Appearance:

king.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You know I would follow you anywhere, Lewi ^^ Question, would there be skeptics about the applications and true existance of magic? Would there me multiple advisors? Are servants of the king or the evil queen playable? How many characters per person? Are you looking for a co GM or assistant plot developers? (tis all I can think of for now, But I wanted to get it all out there so that a lot of common questions would be answered)

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
YAY! *huggles Shadic*

In order:

1. Sure, why not?
  2. Sure.
  3. Yes.
  4. Depends on how many a person wants and who they are. So far multiple characters is fine
  5. I could be swayed. Would you be interested in said position? :3

I would indeed be interested. I would also be applying for 2-3 characters, especially if i am accepted for such a key position. Also, absolutely love that song. I always have. I'll have to record my singing it for you some time

Same about the song! I just knew I would eventually come up with something inspiring from it and sure enough it worked! Also, you can be my assistant GM. :3 And you can post their Character Sheets and I will review them. 2-3 sounds reasonable.

Damn I'm about to go out, be back later to check this out!

• Love
I'm fucking IN. I'm thinking of playing the arch mage of the good king, advising him in any and every magical problem

• Love
Name: Arkan'xon
Sexual Orientation: straight
Species: unknown
Job/Career: arch mage and magical advisor to King Allistair
Magic: Yes. Mastery of almost all magics. Fond of the old ways of magic
History:
extremely little is known of Arkan'xon by the very Kingdom he served. It is only known that he was the Archmage of Scarborough for centuries. He served King Allistair's father,his grandfather, and there is even a painting suggesting that he was there since the beginning of the Kingdom itself. Many would believe that because of his mannerisms

By all respects he looks and acts like a tribal savage. He makes his own clothing out of hide, cloth and bones, and favours ancient ritualistic magics above all others. He dance strange and grotesque dances, sacrifices animals, throws magical bones to divine the future. Why such a savage is in court is amazing in and of itself.

A cult even rose up in his name, gaining a fair amount of followers in his name. When asked about said cult, he refuses to aknowledge them, stating that he was flesh and bone. It didn't stop them, however, and after many years he finally relented and now use them as a spy network of his own. He uses this network to seek out magical problems and letting the followers he trained himself sort it out without bothering the king

Needless to say, he is absolutely devestating in magic, summoning horrors, elementals and even gods to help him in battle. It is said that he could destroy an army with only him and a dozen of his followers

Appearance:
9ba36908b61adcc504c2ff9a633655b6.jpg f2feea882098b5f47c30e6dbbe729c31.jpg 7a5670cf067c5d8f8799a4a647b22c36.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadicmaster
Hmmm considering joining x3

Considering as well~

Name: Kaler
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Species: Human
Job/Career: wanderer
Magic: No
History: Kaler was born in a dark wood. He was raised by the magical creatures. When he turned 17 he started to wonder the world to see if he can find anyone like him. He walked in the middle of a war and ran to the nearest woods he come find and wanted there when it was over.
Appearance:
images

Hey guys! Here's my sung rendition of Scarborough Fair, reordered the stanzas in a way that made a bit more sense and added a word or two to Lewi's lyrics, but I like the way it came out ^^ (okay, slight lie about liking it, I always hate singing cuz I can tell when I mess up or crack, but oh well)
EDIT:
Cant send audio only, so if you wanna hear, either post your email here or pm it to me and I will get it to you

Alright, guys, I'll be back in about 5 hours. Gotta love that work, right? *ugh...*

Reactions: Lewi
I have returned! Also, I decided that I will be remaking my vocal rendition into an actual redub of the song since I have garage band (hopefully all goes well >.>)

Reactions: Lewi
Status
Not open for further replies.