Scales For Hire (Character sheets, OOC RP chatter)

Re: Scales For Hire (Character sheets, OOC RP chatter) [Accepting~]

Damn, I'm kinda late, but I still want to jump in with a character if I can.

Haha, if you're late than I'm just as late as you are, Basil. :P But go and make a character! I wanna see what yours would be like!!! :O

As far as I know, the RP would definately benefit from a few more characters. It's M-M-H-M's, though, so we'll see what's up when she gets back on.

Yeah, I'm just waiting to get the OK from her because I'd really like to join in.

(Work in Progress)
GENERAL CHARACTER STATISTICS

Character Name: Benjamin 'Ben' Witters
Species/Race: Human
Occupation/School/Grade: Former Student, Montgomery Elementary School/Shadowcaster and Displacer Beast in training
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS:
attachment.php

A small, pale boy with a thick nest of blonde hair. Ben has large, brown eyes that are partially hidden under his hair. He's a bit thin, though he has a round face. He is missing his right incisor tooth. His fingers and knuckles are often covered in Band-Aids from where he's scraped himself up. He usually has a slightly sour look on his face. He gets a bit red in the face when he's flustered. His time in the Shadow-Plane has caused his pale skin to become slightly dusky, almost greyish. His blonde hair is beginning to go pure white.

Strengths: As a child, he is naturally curious and inquisitive. This tends to pay off, as people are more likely to open up to a child, and thus, Ben's learned some interesting things about the grown-up world that he wouldn't have otherwise. This makes Ben a lot more mature than people give him credit for. Despite being curious, his maturity makes him cautious about what he hears, and he takes nothing at face value. His time in the Shadow-Plane has lent well to his cautious nature, and he remains largely unchanged in that aspect. However, he now has some magic, such as the ability to manipulate shadows. He's far less ignorant of the magical world than he once was.

Weaknesses: The combination of Ben's maturity and immaturity has manifested in the form of an angry, bitter child. His anger is mostly directed to grown-ups, whom he believes are the agents of his self-professed ruined childhood. His untrusting nature makes him slow to make friends. He has very little confidence in himself due to a bad situation at home, and thus, is quite self depreciating. Being a logical, cynical child, his imagination had suffered. He's a bit of a coward too, though he hides it by simply coming across as disinterested. Since he was found by Dei-Maal he's opened up a little, probably setting Dei-Maal a bit at ease. He's far more interested in the world than he once was, but still finds himself easily isolated in a room.

Powers: (To Come)

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose: Try to make the best of his childhood. Not only that, but please Dei-Maal and hope to prove to be of some worth. There's the desire as well to become something more than human, and find something within him that is actually interesting to himself.
Talents: Logical thinking, rationality, fighting people weaker than him in hand to hand combat, puzzle-solving, reading and writing.
Inabilities: Poor imagination, standing up for himself, being sympathetic.
Fears: The dark, being alone.
General Personality: Bitter, Angry, Cynical, Logical, Quiet, Reserved, and Curious.
Inner Personality: Needy, Depressed, Clingy, Vengeful
Secret: Ben wishes more than anything that he could reclaim an idyllic childhood. He also wishes he could bring himself to love Dei-Maal, but as it stands, he views them both as rather distant beings, unable to relate with one another. His desire to have friends is also very strong, since he always feels a little bit alone.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History:

Ben was born 7 years ago to happy couple named Dave and Camille Witters. They lived in a nice flat in the city and had been married for two years. Ben's father was a banker and investor, and his mother was a high-school French teacher. They both had high expectations for their child. Since they both worked long hours, Ben spent most of his childhood with various nannies and babysitters, but craved the time he spent with his parents, particularly with his father.
When Ben was five years old, his maternal grandfather died of a stroke. The child was unsure of how to react to this, since his maternal grandfather was not somebody he knew particularly well; he had only visited his house a few times, and his memories were not distinct. It broke his mother's heart though, as she had been very close with her father. The worst part however, was that Ben's father wasn't there to comfort her, he was away on a business trip. She begged him to return to comfort her, but he insisted that his work couldn't wait. It was at this point that the formerly happy couple's problems began. Ben's mother began to drink more, and started letting herself go. Ben's father began seeing one of the interns at the bank. They remained married however.
When Ben turned seven, his mother heard about her husband's dalliance with the intern, and officially filed for divorce. Ben's parents were in the middle of a large divorce court case which mutated into a messy custody battle for Ben. Ben took out his frustration about the divorce out on others, occasionally acting as his school's bully. He stopped applying himself to his classes, and indeed, sometimes stopped going to class at all. He spent his time truant walking around the neighborhood around his school, and going into the various shops and restaurants. He returned to school in time to catch the bus home. When he went home, he read primarily. He used to play catch with his father and do his homework after school, but there hasn't been much of that since his father moved out.
(TO BE CONTINUED)

Present Life:

Name: Shavonne (pronounced: She-a-von-e)
Nickname: Shavon the trickster
Race: Fox-maiden
Eyes: A deep green with yellow hues.
Hair: Orange
Powers: Shape shifter and illusionist.
Abilities: Shape shift to any animal, and control images of ones mind.
Personality: Very seductive type of woman, and never sits still for long. She is wild always out to see what she can gain. Even to steal from others, unpredictable at best. Becomes very temperamental, and will not go anywhere near water. Multiple mood swings are common with her. careful she bites the hand that feeds her.
Background: At birth Shavonne was thought to be a monster. Instead of feet she had paws, and a long cat like tail. Horrified her mother was and took her deep into the forest. Where she abandon hoping the wildlife would kill her. However, what she didn't predict was that the paws would turn normal and the tail would disappear. A shape shifter she was, but a monster indeed. Shavonne was later found by a elderly couple and raised till the age of 16. At that age she simple vanished leaving behind the bloody remains of the family that once gave her a home. Through the rest of the years she ran from country to country. Causing chaos and destruction behind in her wake. Using her gifts helped her to stay hidden from most that would dare see her for what she was. If those eyes dare even catch her true reflection in the water would find a cold grave.
Description:
Fox_MaidenknhDetail.png She has orange hair, pale skin, and green cat eyes. A large tattoo is goes up her back from waist to neck. Her ears are naturally pointed, and mistaken for ears of a elf.

Alrighty, guys, I'm back. I don't have any days off this week, but I'll post what I can, when I can. ^^

Also holy crap. I didn't think interest would grow so fast. xD Ahh, I think I'll let everyone in that posted a profile before this post. Then it would probably be wise to close applications for now, wouldn't it?

ya that would be a good idea if you dont want mad characters involved interesting plot indeed

however im not sure where to enter my character in the plot ill have to do some reading if u want her involved

I'll close apps for now then. ^^

Go ahead and back-read. It may be a while before LadyHarpy posts again.

Well, we were trying to get an order set up, so it's not just a big jumble of interrupting posts. It was me, LadyHarpy, Poison Frost. So I suppose we just add on from there?

As far as how to introduce your character, I'm not sure. If Tet and Smiles are going to an inn to meet Haz, maybe there will be other patrons?

high possibility she is a drinker and normally hangs out where others seem to be bread and butter with that one

Alrighty. In that case, time to hurry up and wait. :lol:

Posted~ sorry for the wait!

Oh, hurray, welcome back everyone! :D

I can't help but feel relieved that I joined when I did if you're closing apps now. x.x But I agree, I think the plot is too detailed for a large group of people at this point.

As for my introduction...I don't know, I may just wait it out until I see an opening. D:

Well, we're trying to develop an order. Technically, since you posted your profile first, Nostalgia, you should go next. Unless you and the others would find it easiest to introduce your characters at the inn? I'm sure that Poison Frost and I could write a few posts up leading to our characters' arrival at the inn.

Ah schiesse.
I totally posted out of order. :| My bad.

Oh, haha. It was really late so I went to sleep instead. I don't mind who gets introduced first or last, I just want everything that's going on to conclude before I just throw myself out there, so that everything isn't all jumbled up. And I don't mind meeting at an inn. Just wherever makes sense.

No worries, Basil. ^^

Alright. We gotta figure out an order so things don't get too hectic. However, in the meantime, does everyone feel alright with letting the dialogue between Tet, Smiles, and Ben go on unil they reach the inn? After that point, everyone else would be best able to introduce their characters.

im down just let me know whenever u want my character to enter