Sayings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throwing shade: The act of talking trash about a friend, an acquaintance, or someone you dislike out loud in front of a group of people. If someone is throwing shade it's immediately obvious to on-lookers that the thrower, and not the throwee, is the bitchy, uncool one. (Adj.: Being shady)

Reading: Reading is similar to throwing shade, but done in good spirits, and often with comedic value, like roasting. Variants include "reading for filth", and "reading the house down".

Clock the T: The T stands for the Truth, and nothing but the Truth. It's one's honest opinion on matters, often backed up with good arguments. However, if someone "Spills the T", it can be considered uncalled for, and interpreted as being a bit shady.

No T no shade: The equivalent of "Not to be ___, but..."

Throwing shade: The act of talking trash about a friend, an acquaintance, or someone you dislike out loud in front of a group of people. If someone is throwing shade it's immediately obvious to on-lookers that the thrower, and not the throwee, is the bitchy, uncool one. (Adj.: Being shady)

Reading: Reading is similar to throwing shade, but done in good spirits, and often with comedic value, like roasting. Variants include "reading for filth", and "reading the house down".

Clock the T: The T stands for the Truth, and nothing but the Truth. It's one's honest opinion on matters, often backed up with good arguments. However, if someone "Spills the T", it can be considered uncalled for, and interpreted as being a bit shady.

No T no shade: The equivalent of "Not to be ___, but..."
hply culture shock, batman! If never heard any of those

Last edited:
Species attract species: Code for how the mentally unstable seem to be drawn to one another and notice each other with alarming efficiency in crowds of otherwise normal people.

Nipplewhipping.

As in you nipplewhipping assflag.

black cloud: medical lingo for a really, really bad call night. usually because the person on call is an attractant for busy nights.

"I'll burn that bridge when I get to it."

-A combination of "I'll cross that bridge when I get to it." and the old addage, "don't burn your bridges". Meaning that you haven't yet arrived at a life obstacle, but you're sure you'll mess it up when you do.-

Reactions: Minibit
Not familiar, what's it mean? Or did you make it up as a play on 'it's all over now'?
Yep, it's a play on that phrase. It has existed for many years, because it's a pretty obvious pun, but the recent popularity of the phrase stems from 4chan. It started with a ridiculous greentext post someone made (this one I think, very much NSFW text) about praying to Shrek as a child, getting slapped by his father for it, then Shrek shows up and sodomizes the kid and says "it's all ogre now" when the father barges in to see wtf is going on. That image also seems to have spawned the phrase "Shrek is love, Shrek is life" which I've seen all over the place. People found that post hilarious so they made their own versions of similar things (often using those two phrases), memetic mutation took hold, and now the phrases are repeated by plenty of people who have never seen that original image or one of its copies and have no idea that they come from such a fucked up source.

• Thank You
Reactions: Minibit
"Speak of the devil." An expression to imply the sudden appearance of an individual when you were just speaking of them. Not to be implied that said individual is unwelcome or that your words about them were mean spirited.

And though it might not be common, there is one I grew up with that I have always loved.

"We're burning daylight." To mean our lack of action was wasting time that could otherwise be productive.

Like water off of a duck's back. "It didn't phase me"

It's water under the bridge. "Don't worry about it"

"Anything that happens, happens.
Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.
Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again.
It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though."

One my parents used to say to me all the time that I HATED was;

Do as I say, Not as I do. "I'm the adult and you're the child" GGGRrrr

Reactions: Ai
"Patience is a Virtue, possess it if you can! It's sometimes found in women and seldom found in a man."

XD

Status
Not open for further replies.