Savory

K

Kitti

Original poster
Have you ever eaten something that you wish you could tell everyone about, something so delicious or so awful that you wanted to write an entire review about it so others know to eat or avoid it at all costs? Then welcome.
Post here what kind of food it was, maybe where you got the dish, and a blurb about it so that people know what to eat and when to politely decline.

I'll start this off with the inspiration for this thread:

Blond ale and smoked gouda soup

Where? Phantom Brewery
This was absolutely wonderful, I thought that my taste buds were in heaven when I took the first bite. They offer a pita chip-esque substance with the soup that is wonderful for dipping in it but I took my first bite with just the spoon. This is flavorful, you can pinpoint both the flavor of the ale and the cheese without either being overpowering. A little bit rich, it's quite filling but can be a little hard on the tongue if you set yourself to eating it all at once. Taken a spoonful every little bit, however, and it is simply delightful. I would recommend this strongly and I was craving more just a few hours after eating it.

THE DREAM SANDWICH

SIMPLE BUT DELICIOUS

WHITE BREAD
BEST BRAND(OR HELLMANS) MAYONAISE
BOLOGNA
AMERICAN CHEESE

I HAVE ATE THIS WITH RAMEN FOR 2 WEEKS STRAIGHT.
WOULD EAT AGAIN.

There is a place called Emelia's right here in downtown Siloam. It's a little expensive (it's a very nice Mediterranean Restaurant), but they make the most fabulous food. SO worth a special evening out. Their steak is aged, the menu said something about 45 days of aging. o___o It's the most juicy, tender fantastic steak I have ever eaten. They served it up with some garlic mashed potatoes and sweet onions. DELISH. I've been counting the days until I can go back and eat it again.

Pho from a local, privately owned, Vietnamese restaurant where I live. Its the most amazing Pho I have ever tasted in my life. I think the fact that its been owned and operated by one family for all the years its been open has something to do with it.

There's this place in KC that I really like to go to...it's targeted more as a romantic/classy type of place and generally I only make the trip about once or twice a year...It's got this fantastic view of the city and awesome atmosphere. I really like it. But the real kicker is that THE FOOD IS GREAT. Seriously. I treated my cousin & I to our birthday dinners there and we got the prime rib... ;-; it was enough to make you cry. And even though it's a srsbidness type of place, the food isn't chickfood. IT REAL, MAN. Plus, if you're there for a special occassion they give you this awesome little chocolate cake for free :3 It's so cute and tasty!

Usually I just grab some random family members to take with me, but there's a particular somebody I'd like to take with me there someday.