Saving the Angel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elliot continued to hold her close, comforting her. Elliot felt a cough coming up and turned his head away from her so he doesnt cough on her. He covered his mouth and sure enough blood came out. He let out a sigh feeling the chest pain grow stronger.

America looked up at him, catching a small sight of blood and she almost instantly began crying once more. "No!" She practically yelled as she buried her face into his shirt, unable to control herself.

Elliot quickly pulled her into another hug and wiped his hand on his pants, "America... its ok. Just relax ok?" He gently rubbed her back, "Look I am not dying right now so dont worry... you shouldnt even have to worry about me. Let me worry about you."

"But I don't want you to die! You're the only friend I've ever had and I don't want you to go!" She said as she held onto him as if he were her only lifeline left. She cried into the crook of his neck, occasionally getting the scent of his white hair when she inhaled.

Elliot continued to hold her. You could tell he didnt know what else to do. Elliot let out a sigh, "America... its ok just relax... I am not going to lie... there isnt anything anyone can do. This is my punishment."

"I don't like it," she said as she hugged him, her five year old self coming out accidentally. She was willing to do anything to keep him from dying. Anything.

"America...." he gently lifted her chin up so she was looking at him and without thinking he gently kissed her. Once he realized what he did he pulled clearly surprised by his actions. Why did he do that again!?!
"Uh.... sorry about that."

America was surprised by the kiss but she didn't care at that moment. She leaned back in after his apology and kissed him with a hint more confidence though not much.

Elliot was a bit surprised she did that but didnt care. He allowed his lips to linger onto hers for a moment. Why did they keep doing this?... At that.moment the thought immidiatly left his mind. Once he pulled away he smiled softly and wiped her tears away once more.
"Just... dont be sad anymore alright?"

"I can't promise anything because I don't want you to go," she said truthfully as she looked at him and held onto him nervously. "I'm sorry," she whispered softly and looked down, feeling as if she had failed him.

Elliot sighed and looked down at her with his blue eyes, "You have no need to apologize . It makes me pretty happy that you care honestly ." She was tugging on his shirt so much the scar on the right side of his chest was exposed.

She looked down at the ripped shirt and noticed the scar. She frowned and gently traced it with her finger as she calmed down. "What happened? She asked softly.

Elliot leaned his head against pillow, "That I got during the war. I have a few scars from the war... annnddd some from my father."

She looked up at him in shock. "The ones on your back..." It was more of a statement rather than a question and she couldn't help but wrap her arms around him in a tight hug.

Elliot shrugged and hugged back, "Its alright. It was a lonnnnggg time ago. He died of a heart attack when I was 11."

She looked up at him and sighed softly as she held him close, scared that he could leave at any second. "He deserved it..."

He shrugged, "I try not to think about my past too much." He looked down at her and gently kissed the top of her head.

She couldn't help but smile softly and close her eyes though it was barely lunchtime. She quietly decided to take a nap, allowing herself to relax as she took a deep breath.

Once she finally fell asleep Elliot slipped out of the bed without waking her up and went to the bathroom. He examined himself in the mirror. He certainly was paler than usual.... The the chest pain came back. He held his chest breathing heavily. Suddenly he felt as if he was going to throw up. He quickly opened the toliet coughing up blood until finally... he threw up blood. He groaned softly still holding his chest.

America woke up to the strange sounds and frowned as she carefully got up. She walked silently into the bathroom and knelt down, rubbing his back gently as she kissed his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.