3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy. Supernatural. Magical. Modern. Medieval. Romance. Scifi. Horror....somewhat in that order.
Hello my fellow writers!

I'm Strange and I'm looking for something a little more unorthodox than my usual searches. I have a "normal" LFP with a list of qualities I have, qualities I'm looking for, interests and plot ideas. However, decided I wanted to make a separate thread because I'm not necessarily looking to commit to any one idea/RP.

Instead, what I'm looking for are SPARKS. Something that will reignite smoldering embers of my passion for writing. I've found myself in a slump, flirting with insanity, and am wondering if trying out something a little different may help. It's an attempt to claw my way past writer's block and out of this hiatus pitfall.

While I'm usually all for discussion of plot and world and characters and everything that goes with, I'm foregoing such and, instead, am requesting/seeking someone who's willing to JUMP. Whether or not I'll catch...well, that's part of the gamble, isn't it?

Okay, okay. I'll catch, but that doesn't mean I won't drop you…

*ahem*

How it's going to work: think First Response concept. I'm sure it sounds better in my head, but essentially, I'll write out a couple scenarios. If one strikes a fancy, reply to it via PM. No introductions. No questions. Just a response to the scenario however you deem fit with a character you already have or create on the spot.

Then see if it catches fire.

"Yes, but what if the plot isn't clear? The theme? What if I'm uncertain what gender your character is? Are you looking for romance? Do you have preferences? Are there boundaries? What of the world? What if someone already responded to one I'm interested in responding to? So many questions, so little answers!"

Oh, my friend, but how chaos sparks creativity.

Interest piqued? The steps to take:

1. Read the scenarios below. If one strikes your fancy, send an in-character response via PM with the scenario's title as the subject line. I'm looking for 350 words, at least. That's the goal I'm setting for myself and, thus, should be reciprocated. Anything more is encouraged.
  2. Wait for a response. Expect a two week turn around because life, job, and prior commitments.

Things to consider:

The "RP" may fizzle within one or two responses. Keep in mind, this is an exercise to SPARK my passion for writing, in general. I'm not setting out to make something last. However, if it does "catch fire"--which would be surprising in my current state of mind--then I'll be sure to discuss my interest in development with you.

NO SMUT. MXF romance, but romance not necessary. Otherwise, go wild. With that being said, there may be themes and word choice I use that you may be uncomfortable with. Read/participate at your own risk.

All pretty vague? Are you thoroughly confused? Would it help if I admitted I'm only 37% sure of what I'm doing? *que manic laughter*

Okay! Now that we're all gazing down into my yawning pit of insanity and scratching our heads, onto the SCENARIOS. *drum roll*

It stinks of rotten despair and broken spirits. Of dead hope and rusted chains. Of sulphuric nightmares and necrotic agony.

Shells of people groaned and cried and screamed, even in their sleep, denied the true rest that their minds and bodies--their withering souls--desperately needed. Their waking nightmare followed them into the recesses of their pretense of slumber.

Forever enslaved. Eternally tortured.

She didn't want to be here. Thought it was stupid. Thought it was futile.

This was where the Forgotten were kept.

The stench clung to her as if a molded cloak caked in excrement had been thrown over her shoulders the moment she slipped into the chamber. Refused to let her go as if knowing she was there to set someone free. Wanting to be taken with, too, because it could no longer stand to feel the wretchedness of those that wallowed within it. Pulling and tugging and pleading at her as she breezed down slick, spiraling steps into a dark that grew thicker and heavier with every inch of descent.

She didn't want to be here.

Past the first block of iron bars before she needed to draw in another toxic breath of what was a poor excuse for air, Seeker Eksis Brallia came to a whispered stop at the cell of the man she was sent to free.

This was stupid.

Silvered eyes that could see shades of gray in the ink of dark traced over the form slouched at the back, wrists clamped to the damp stone that made up the cell. Forgotten.

Or.

Should have been.

"It's your lucky day, jeb." Quiet words from a silken tongue that rolled rs and caressed vowels, placing her hailing from a distant region across the Old Sea. She was already through the jail door, hinges squeaking their protest of being disturbed from the permanent state they were promised. Hunkering down before the figure, she grasped the man's chin with icy, biting fingers and brought his face level with hers. "You have friends who want to remember you."

"You're a difficult woman to find."

The whir of the distant highway, the smoggy scent of the metropolis drifted into the room from the open doors leading out to the balcony, stirring the lace bordering the archway and the silken strands bordering her face. With it came the hint of magnolias and whispered memories of a pleasant time in a past life. Things long buried…

Or so he thought.

His nose twitched and he slowly licked his lips, dark eyes drifting down to his fingers that he had sliding across the velvety cream of a couch cushion. Brought them up for inspection, rubbing the pads of his fingers to his thumb. “Hardly a trace left in your wake.” A voice of ambered gravel as soft as the supple skin on the body standing across from him, the couch serving as a potential obstacle if things were to go a little…

Awry.

Lifting his gaze to hers, he casually pushed his hands into the pockets of his dark trousers. The cold steel butt of the .45 holstered in his shoulder strap hidden beneath the matching coat burned the skin under his ribs, even through the dress shirt he had ironed twice before slipping on just an hour prior. The Twisted 9 holstered on his hip was quite visible, though it was the silver of his badge that glinted in the moon- and lamplight, hopefully making itself known.

Alexander Devon hated that it had to come to this. He was a reasonable guy. Had tried to make things easy.

But she forced his hand.

And now they were here.

His gaze shifted from hers, looking off past her shoulder to the cityscape beyond and with a subtle clearing of his throat, he pulled out the pack of cigarettes and small lighter his fingers had curled around from their pocketed homes. “The residence is surrounded.” It was a new pack. Cheap cigarettes that stunk to high heaven. Didn’t care for the fancy shit. The stink somehow made things feel more real. Cellophane crinkled as he pulled away the tab, foiled paper ripping away when the top was opened. “If you try to leave any other way than in my custody, they will shoot you.”

He kept his voice calm, the words conversational as if he were simply telling her what he had for breakfast. Coffee with his cream and sugar. Hazelnut. And a fucking apple when he really wanted bacon.

Still wanted bacon. Hadn’t had a chance to get it yet.

Because of her.

It took only a flick of his thumb to light the cigarette hanging between his lips. Took a drag and blew it, head tilting slightly, toward the ceiling. Dark eyes had drifted back and rested on her. Drinking her in. Flushing her out.

Shaking the pack so a filter of a cigarette rose higher than the rest, he tipped it toward her in offering.

“It ends here, love.”

~~I'll add scenarios as they come to me. For fun. And because I can.~~

Reactions: Howaitotaiga
For funsies.

Am more in a discussion mood, so if First Response angle is too intimidating, ask after what strikes your fancy and we can talk.