Saving My Angel

He continued to hold her close, as his wings wrapped around her, comforting her, "Well that's what I am here for. To bring your faith back."

She snuggle under his wings and held them stroking them. "Is that what will happen? You help me get better then leave and I'll never see you again?" She didn't want him to leave she like him a lot and wanted to stay in his arms forever

He shivered ever so slightly when she petted his wings.. He couldn't help it he liked it. However he did freeze when she asked for him to stay with her. He looked down at her, "Why do you want me to stay?"

She saw him freez and she look down shrug. "You don't have to. It's okay. It just nice having someone to talk to that know about what I been through and isn't the first guy to run away. It fine you don't have to you can just do your job whatever it is and go" she said softly and stood went to the kitchen started cooking something to eat.

He frowned, walked after to her and sighed, "Trust me, its not that I don't wanna stay and be your guardian... I do. Its just that I can't... I don't have a lot of time left... Lets just say that that I am on the top of my boss's shit list."

She look at him. "Time left? I don't understand." She said soflfg confused as she stirr pancake mix

He sighed as he ran a hand through his hair, "Ok well lets just say that angels can die too... just a specific way. Basically since I bend a few rules for good reasons I am being executed in a way... I am slowly dying again..."

She frown "we what? No you can't die. What happen if you die? Will you be angel again? You can't I don't want to lose you" she held his hands

He looked down at her and gently took her hand, "Well my soul will disappear. I will literally become nothing," he looked into her eyes and moved her hair out of her face, "Look... I am sure you will be fine without me..."

"There must be something we can do" she whisper held his hands looking at him tears fell

He sighs, wraps his arms around he waist and pulled her close, he hated seeing women cry. He wiped the tears away and looked at her with his aqua colored eyes, "Come on... no reason to cry. Look by the time my time runs out your life will have your life together, you will have a man and you will forget all about me."

She look at him wipe her eyes. "What if I don't want another man what if I just want you cause I'm starting to like you and your nice and caring? Is there something we can do"

He sighed, "Kat..." in order to get her to relax he pressed his lips against hers, kissing her softly. He instantly felt sparks between them.

She blush kissing him. She pull back and step back. "Um we shouldn't. I can't I can't go through this and lose you It would break me. I'm sorry" she whisper and started making the pancakes. She like him but she can't go further with him if she going to lose him in the emd

He touched his lips for a moment, a little surprised by his own actions... finally he let out a sighed walking over to her, "That was a little uncalled for and I apologize."

"It's okay. Let's just keep this as roommates. I'll do my thing you do yours. Here pancakes I'm going to work" kat handed him a plate and grab her bag walk out headed to the bookstore. She didn't want to get close or be broken when he die so she decided to just stay away and only be at home when he is at night and they go to bed. Tears fell she went into bookstore and wipe her eyes started to put books away as she started work.

Max sighed as he ate his pancakes silently... He quickly finished them then rushed out the door to her. Allowing himself not to be seen by others he rushed to her work place, now by her side being sure to protect her as promised.

Kat work all day with no break. She knew if she stopped she would cry thinking of him of everything how she can't have any of it. She finish work and it was dark and she started walking home her arms folded as it was cold. She decided to go the park and sat down on a bench. Sighing she look at the night sky. "I know you guys want me to be happy. But I look like I won't be since the first guy to make me happy is just going to die and I'll be left alone. Maybe I'm mean to be alone work in a book store. The old ladies that come in are funny and so sweet" she spoke to her parents and sister who are up there in heaven. She curl in a ball on the bench and close her eyes to relax not wanting to go home and fave him.

Max listened to her, sighed and decided to make himself visible and kneeled down in front of her, "Kat..." he said in a gently tone, wiping the tears away, "Come on... why do you like having me around so much?"

Kat jump seeing him. She sat up wipe her eyes and hug her knees cold. "Over the last year I been to many towns running. I have met many guys and none of them have stopped to get to know me. Your the first. Your the only one that is willing to take a chance on me. Your the only I have felt safe around and for some reason I have fallen to like you after yesterday and last night. But after what you said if feel like this is a punishment to me you saying you will die cause your boss hate you and your the first one to make me happy. Now I'm losing the one thing that make me happy and soon he will be here and I'm gunna have to fight and I'm tired of fighting. Why should I if I'm going to lose you? We shouldn't even be talking cause I'll fall for you more knowing I'll lose you and I'll be broken and alone. I know I sound crazy and you probably think I'm insane and weak but max you say you want to help me be my guardian but how can you be if you die? I felt something when we kissed and I don't want to lose you" she look in his eyes hiding back tears. She held his hands. "Can't I talk to your boss to let you stay with me and not die when you go back?"