Saving My Angel

As soon as he was going to answer he looked down, seeing she was passed out and scooped her up in his arms and carried her to her room, gently laying her down...
Well she made it clear she didn't wanna be alone tonight...
He laid down on the side beside her and quickly fell asleep.

She snuggle close to him in bed sleeping. She slept till morning and woke blushing seeing she was in his arms. "Um hi" she whisper blushing

He raised an eyebrow looking at her, "Morning. First off you told me you didn't wanna be alone... So I slept here," he gently rubbed her back, "How did you sleep?" He asked kindly.

"I know I remember. I didn't think you would" she sniffle and thought it was sweet he did. "I slept okay. In sorry for last night. I have nightmares they get worse when he is close to finding me so I'm just scared" she whisper

He gently hugged her, "Don't be sorry, I told ya I would be here for you didn't I?" He smiled a little, "I am a man of my word."

"I know I just hope you know you know what your getting into" she said softly look at smile. "Let me make you breakfast"

He chuckles and sits up, shortly after helping her up, "You sure? You don't have to cook for me ya know."

She sat up and nodded. "I'm sure. After last night I owe you" she said softly stood and went to the kitchen.

He chuckled a little and followed after her noticing broken glass on the floor from and stopped her for a moment, "Hang on. Be careful," he said as he began picking up the glass. As soon as he finished throwing the last pieces away he accidentally cut his finger and muttered, "Shit!" He noticed his blood drop a little. He attempted to hide his finger so she wouldn't see it heal quickly.

She stop seeing the glass and watch him clean it up. She heard him cut his finger and went to him took his hand. She saw it heal and look at him step back. "He how is that possible? Who are you?" She was scared and back up to the door to the bathroom.

Max sighed, stood up straight, and looked down at her and held his hands up in front of him, "Ok first off I mean you know harm alright?.. You have trusted me so far and you can still trust me now," he paused for a moment, "Since that little incident pretty much gave me away... In order to prove to you what I am... I need open space," he looked into her eyes, "I am still the same guy I promise you."

She look at him tears fell. "What you mean? How can you be if you lie about who you are? Get out leave!" She open the door for him to leave. "Leave I tell you everything about my past what I have gone through and you lie to me about who you are and how do I know your real name is max? I thought I could trust you" she felt hurt he would lie to her like this and heart broken. She left the door open and went to her room close the door and lock it slid to the ground tears fell she hug her knees in emotional pain.

He frowned and walked over to her door, noticing it was locked. He sighed, deciding now was as good as a time as any. He allowed his pure white angel wings to come out and teleported into her room, "My name is actually Maximilian Cage Kat," he sat beside her and gently touched her leg, "I wanted to ease you into this instead of just piling this all onto you at once... I figured you would freak out... And this kinda proved my point."

Kat jump seeing him teleport in her room. She move away from him looking at him in shock. She shook her head and wipe her eyes. "Of course I would freak out. Any normal person would" she look at him a tear fell. "I rather freak out then be lied to. That is what hurt being lied to. You should of told me when you met me. I don't care if your a angel or human or not whatever I care if people lie. I been lied to a lot my whole life I thought you were different when I met you but maybe your not if you can't tell me the truth when I told you about me. Which I'm guessing you already knew. Anything else your hiding?" She ask it was clear she was hurt

He frowned, gently kissed her hand then covered it with both of his, "You're right. I should have told you sooner and I apologize, I admit I was wrong in the matter," he looked deep into her eyes, not letting go of her hand, "I wasn't lying about me being in the army... I was...but I served in World War 2... I was just following orders from my boss to keeping my past a secret. I usually follow rules unless I believe some of them were meant to broken... but like I said before I was planning on easing you into the idea. Yeah sure my boss would have given me hell but it doesn't matter at this point for me."

She held his hands and look at him as he spoke. Tears fell she nodded. "Why are you here? Are you here to prey on the weak and broken girl like me? Am I just a job to you? Why me? Why choose to come to someone like me who is broken and has no chance at any othr guy cause second they here I was a victim they walk away"

He shook his head, "No, no. Look," he said wiping her tears away, "You are so much more than just a job. Alright? I promise you that. I felt a connection with you and whoever the guardian angel is connected too is the human's guardian. I am here because I want to help you. Not because I have to," he wipes the tears away, "And as for the guy situation, you do have a chance. You have so much potential to be a heart breaker," he said this hoping it would make her smile a little, "You are beautiful, smart, and talented," he then gently sets her on his lap and pulls her close, "Any guy would be lucky to have you."

She smile a bit at his words. She look at him as he continue talking and sat in his lap held onto him. "So I'm guessing you knew the day you came I was going to end my pain" she whisper look at him. "You really think any guy would be lucky to have me? Then why did I end up with him? Why couldn't I have been with someone like you?"

The last words actually did make him blush slightly. He gave her a gently mile and kissed her cheek for a moment, "That was just bad luck," he says while hugging her, "I truly believe you will meet a great man worth your wild. You just gotta have faith."

She blush at the kiss and relax against him. "I lost faith a long time ago" she said softly sadly knew it probably not something you should say to a angel but it was true.