Saving My Angel

Max sighed, "Look... I don't expect you to trust me especially after what you through. But if you want I can help keep you safe," he pulls out a card and hands it to her, "My name is Maximilian but you may call me Max. In time you will learn to trust me and understand I am a good guy... And I can tell you need someone to talk to about all this..."

Kat look at the card then at him. "Why would you do this? You don't know me. Out of any girl why me?" She ask softly

He smiles, "Lets just say I sense something special about you. You may not realize it but you are special!... And I am just a nice guy who knows when a pretty girl like you needs someone."

She blush bright red hearing him call her pretty. She smile softly "thank yoh max. Do you live here? In town?" She ask curious hoping he does to know him more.

He smiles gently "Actually I don't live here. Just on a business trip over here for about a month. I am staying in a hotel though," he pauses for a moment, "You wanna go get some coffee or something?"

"The hotel here? Gross it old yucky and haunted." She took a chance. "Stay here. I have a extra room and your nice and so far haven't tried to kill me and and um ya" she blush. "Yes coffee is good"

Max stood up and raised an eyebrow, "Are ya sure? I wouldn't wanna be a bother!" He says softly as he starts heading out the door with her.

Kat walk with him out the door shook her head. "No if anything I'm the bother. I have nightmares so you might not get a lot of sleep. And I don't know how to cook"

He chuckles, "Hey I am a heavy sleeper but if you do need to talk someone about a nightmare and such, just wake me up!... But if it is ok with you then sure!"

She smile walkin to the coffe shop. "Thank tou" she said softly. "It would be nice to have someone to talk to"

He chuckles, "Don't thank me really. That's just who I am," he says while paying for their coffees, "I can tell you are already starting to warm up to me!"

She chuckle and took her coffee sat down at a table. "Ya I am. Something about you is different"

He chuckles, "You can say that. I definitely am different," he said while walking into the Café, "By the way I am paying!"

"Oh you sure? You don't have to" she said softly blushing walking with him to find a table to sit at.

He smiles and shook his head, "No, no. Its my problem really! I'm a gentleman," he said while paying for their coffee, as he waited he looked at her and smiled, "Believe me I am pretty different from the guys you are use to being around."

She blush and smile softly. She nodded and look around nervous afraid he will find her. "Can we um go sit somewhere where it not as crowded I feel claustrophobic" she whisper touch her heart breathing hard

He smiles slightly and nods handing her her coffee, "Yeah come on, follow me," he said while leading her out of the cafe. As the walk he looks at her again, "You really don't like being around people huh?"

She took her coffee and follow him out. "Um not really. I just I can't do crowds and people make me nervous I think they could work for him my ex so I get scared" she said sadly look down at her coffee

He sighed and gently patted her back, "Well you don't have to worry about that anymore alright? I am here now!"

She smile softly. "Thanks" she giggle and sat down on a bench out side the bookstore. "So tel me about you"