Saving and Secrets

Caleb just held his sister close, his face buried in her neck and hair. He didnt know what to do. Could he even be a model, people ran away from his face, they wouldnt hire him, would they? He was probably more scary looking than handsome. He could try though, it's all he ever did was try, but never succeed in anything.

"Please, big brother."
Anna said which made Caleb look up. "I dont want to be left alone." She told him and hurried her face in his chest. She loved her brother, he was her role model, her best friend... Her real family. She looked up at him and wiped his tears from his face. He was really hurt, she could tell that. Her brother had been hurt enough times. She wanted him to be happy too, just like she was.

"April?"
The little girl asked and turned to the peachy blond, with Caleb leaning into her again once more.. "Can Caleb stay here with you? I dont want him going back." She said softly, almost in a whisper as she played with her brother's rough fingers. He would only get hurt out there and he lived really badly. She had been wanting to ask April this before, but Caleb always told her not to since not many people liked people who lived like he did. "Please April, just for a little bit."

He would be safe here. No one would come after him and he couldnt go back out on the streets. Annabelle had tears in her eyes, hurting for her brother. If he didnt get help he would leave her. Everyone always talked about how much better it would be if he wasnt around, but she didnt want that. She wanted her big brother. She wanted to live with him and go to the movies and have fun together in a real home.. One they never had before.

Annabelle pouted when her brother didnt respond. She wiggled out of her brother's arms and went to stand on the side of the arm rest of the couch and jumped, but before she landed, Caleb had been quick to grab her, almost scared that she would hurt herself. Anna smiled once she was put down and turned to him. "See?" She smiled at him. "If you're not there who's going to catch me when I fall?" She asked him. "Please you have to try this modelling thing."

Caleb looked at her and sighed softly before nodding. "Okay." He agreed. "I'll give it a try." He said.

April looked over from Anna to Caleb, a little surprised at the question. Of course, she was alright with it. They'd gotten to a point where she would be comfortable living in the same space, as he came over often and even spent the night a couple times too. However, she wasn't too sure about Caleb. He almost refused to look her in the eye. She had to wonder if she was being impertinent, and tensed up a little bit.

"I'm fine with that, Anna. Caleb can stay for as long as he needs. I'm sure I have enough to support another person. If it's what it takes to keep him safe, then I'm more than willing to do so." April smiled at her, and then turned to Caleb. When Anna had jumped, even April had reached her hands out, but Caleb was closer and faster. She sighed, a hand resting on her heart.

"Caleb? I'm sorry if I was pushy throughout any of this. I'm just-" She paused, rubbing her face and running a hand through her hair. "Just worried."

"Oh and don't worry about the whole modeling thing. I was kind of self conscious going in, but you'll get used to it. Plus, young people are really into the whole mysterious bad boy trope, and you have pretty good physique. You'll do just fine. I heard a lot of people develop eating disorders, though, I don't think we have to worry about in your case." April mumbled the last bit, reassuring him of the industry. You hear nasty things about it all the time, but in all fairness, it's very nature encourages vanity. She definitely had a lot to say about the industry, but she wouldn't bore him with details now. Especially not the graphic bits, at least not with Annabelle listening.

April turned to the clock. It was getting close to time for them to take Anna home. "Alright. Caleb, you should get washed up too. I'll go in after you, and then we can drop Anna off, then stop by your place to pick up your stuff. Sound like a plan? Oh, wait, I might need to pick up groceries on the way back. Would that be okay?" She asked, counting off the things they needed to do. For a messy artist, April was incredibly good at planning. Though, sometimes she was a bit forgetful.

Caleb didnt care. It seemed like he would be staying here though, he doubted April would just let him go home after what happened. He sighed and moved Anna from his lap before heading for the shower. He locked at himself in the mirror and sighed. His lip was split and his eye was badly bruised, as well as his nose. He was going to be very VERY sore for the next couple of weeks. Even his body was covered in bruises. He was really ashamed that April and Anna had to see him so broken... He just couldnt hold himself together anymore. It was hard to live like this and he had hit his breaking point. He couldnt do it anymore.

Anna looked at April and moved over to the peachy blond before hugging the older woman. "You have to take really good care of Caleb when I'm not here. He really needs your help even if he's a real hardhead sometimes." She said and snuggled into the woman's side.

Caleb always pretended things were better than they actually were. He wasnt lying to the people around him, but also to himself which drove him to this point. "You have to take him to the doctor too." She said. She had seen "medicine" in his trailer. "Caleb says it's nothing, but he needs to get checked out like I do at school." Anna informed. "... I just want him to be healthy and live with him again." She whispered. No one was as important to her as her brother. He was her hero even if he was a stupid head sometimes or actually most of the time.

Caleb finished the shower a few minutes later and was dressed in the shorts and shirt he normally worse if he showered here like he had done a few times when he came to visit her during the week. "Alright Anna, let's go." He said and held out his hand for her. anna took it and looked up at him. "Dont leave me, okay? Please." She said. He had talked about leaving her, but she really couldnt miss him. "You have to pick me up again next time." She would call the police if he wouldnt. It had never happened before, but they had a deal. If he didnt pick her up, something was wrong and she would call the cops.
Caleb nodded and kissed her tiny hand. "Okay.." He said with a bit of a broken smile. Caleb just felt like nothing and worthless now, he couldnt put on his fake smile anymore. He had hit that point.

April looked down at the girl, raising an arm as she snuggled into her side and whispered her worries into her clothes. Even his 9 year old sister was worried about his wellbeing. April sighed and rubbed Anna's back softly, giving her a reassuring smile. "Don't you worry your little head. I'll make sure to take especially good care of Caleb during his stay. Promise. Pinky promise." April said, holding out her hand. They shook pinkies and giggled a little.

"I'll make sure you two live under the same roof." She breathed, picking Anna up and taking her to the dining table. She instinctively brought out apple juice and biscuits, water for herself. Dehydration wasn't exactly ideal. For the next few minutes, April tried to get Anna's mind off of things, but it was clear she was still a little disconcerted by the whole event.

As Caleb emerged, April turned towards him and tossed him a bottle of water. "I'll be quick." She told him. "Help yourself to tea or snacks." Though, at this point, she didn't really need to remind him.

April was true to her word. Ten minutes tops she spent showering, and was quickly changing into new clothes in no time. Pausing, though, she looked in the mirror, surveying whatever injuries she had. Nothing that hurt too bad, just a few scratches on her knees and lower. Nothing as bad as anything on Caleb. Sighing, April took off.

"Alright," April said, after swiftly strolling through the house, throwing laundry in the machine, dishes in the sink, bag around her shoulder and picking up an extra can of mace along with a pocket knife just in case. "Ready?" April asked in the doorway.

The siblings had kind of just sat together, waiting on April. Annabelle was playing with her brother's larger fingers and holding their hands against each other. Hers was so much smaller than his. "I saw Lilo & Stitch the other day." She told him. "We're a lot like their family, aren't we?" She asked him. "We're a little family, small and broken, but we're still good." She said and looked up when Caleb closed his hand around her's. She smiled softly at her brother, she knew he loved her, he was just having a tough time. "We'll move back together again soon." Annabelle said. Caleb nodded. He was really going to try with this model job. He knew he needed to get away from everything to make a safe home for his sister and for April as well. She was part of the family too now.

Anna climbed on Caleb's back as they headed for the car with April to drop her off. It was a quiet car ride and once Caleb dropped her off at the door, but before he could walk away, Anna took his hand. "You promise you will come for me again?" She asked him with big eyes. "I will." He told her after a moment of silence and kissed her head. "I promise." He said and got back in the car with April as Anna headed inside.

It was then that Caleb sighed and ran a hand over his face. He was tired and worn out. He just wanted to lay down and sleep. They should probably get his things before they went to the grocery store. It would be the first time April would actually see his trailer from the inside. It was such a mess too. He had cleaned it a little, but still cupboards were broken and missing doors. Towels places so leaks couldnt come through, it was pretty bad. He didnt know how long he would be able to stay at April's but he supposed that some time would be better than none at all.

"You should maybe stay in the car." Caleb said after taking a deep breath. "I dont have much to pack so I'll be quick." he said as she parked outside of his trailer and got out. He didnt know if she would listen or not but maybe it didnt matter either. She had seen him at the most vulnerable moment in his life. His shoulders had caved after bearing all of that weight. Noe he just needed to recover a little.

April looked over her shoulder as Caleb reassured his sister, before her foster father swiftly swept her inside, brooming away her brother. Caleb looked like hell. He was bruised and beaten, his expressions were dulled, his shoulders caved inward as if to hold such a large burden. April winced as he left to collect his things.

"I'll stay here, then. Take your time." She said. Even she was a little tired, nothing close to what Caleb was experiencing, just simply tired. She knew not to give him too much of a hard time, not while he was hurting. It was a wonder he hadn't collapsed from stress yet. Then again, he might've. There were things he kept away from her, after all, and that might've been one. Possibly to keep her from worrying? Now look where that got him. April fidgeted with the wheel, tapping as she gazed out the window.

April opened the trunk of the car as Caleb crept back, and soon, they were on their way to the grocery store. As she pulled into the parking spot, however, she paused. She didn't get out of the car, she just sat there, looking at the keys in her lap as thought they were the most interesting thing in the world. For a moment, she looked up and to the left, as if the answer was there.

"It's gonna be okay." She said simply, turning to Caleb. The phrase was meant to be reassurance for him, but as she looked at him, it was clear that she really didn't know. She smiled, still. After getting out, she checked that she had locked it twice, and then after a few steps, thrice for good luck.

April walked closely to Caleb as they stepped inside, sticking to him like glue. April strolled through the store like she usually did, picking up what she needed, then looking to Caleb to make sure he was okay. Or, at least still there. Alive and well. Every once in a while, she would ask "Do you need anything?"

Caleb had grabbed a duffle bag once he entered his trailer, leaving April to leave. He packed some clean shirts and jeans that he had, a pair of PJs, his tooth brush and paste, gel, underwear, his shaving stuff. He went through his drawers to see if eh needed anything and frowned when he saw condoms and pills amongst some other things. He wasnt planning on whoring himself out, but if he needed too to make some extra money... Caleb took a strap just in case as well as the pills. He was an addict, he knew that, but it calmed him. He needed it! He looked for another bottle as well, he needed a back up incase he didnt know where he put his pills.

After about ten minutes, Caleb headed outside again and locked the door behind him. He gave his home one more look before sighing and walking over to the car to drop his bag in the back. They went to the grocery store. It was pretty tense in the car, neither of them saying anything. It was April that spoke first when they parked, saying it was going to be okay. Caleb hoped she didnt blame him if he didnt believe her. He had sunk low, he didnt even know if there was a way out, not even with this modelling job she had suggested. He didnt respond and just stepped out of the car.

They got a cart and walked around the store, he shook his head at her question. "Nothing specific." He answered. He used to live on very little, he's used ramen noodles and burger dollar deals at fast food places, he rarely had a good meal because he would rather save his money on other things than food, like Anna for example... Or drugs. He was really tired, he was pretty sure that he would pass out on the couch the moment they got home. He didnt want to be rude though, April was helping him out a lot.

"Thank you, April."
He said in one of the isles. "You're a big help. I know I dont exactly show it, but I'm grateful." He said. He looked beaten up and down, far from grateful, but he really was thankful. She didnt have to do this, she didnt have to care, but she did. She was the first one to care in a long time besides Annabelle.

Last edited:
April looked up at the man and smiled, setting down the paper towels she was holding. "It's no problem. Don't mention it." She told him, continuing on with the shopping. She reassured him it would only be a little longer, as she could tell from his posture and the bags under his eyes that he was very, very tired.

They checked out quickly and Caleb helped her carry the majority of the groceries to her car, loading them in the back. "Sorry for making you do this," She apologized, rubbing the back of her head. Normally, she'd struggle with all of the bags and a stranger or employee would offer to assist her. It was a little embarrassing.

The drive back was silent as well. April didn't like it. To her, the silence was deafening, and her head would fill with intrusive thoughts, her hands would begin fidgeting and her legs, shaking. Finally, they carried the groceries to her apartment and set them on the kitchen floor.

"You can set your stuff in my room and get the couch ready. I'll put the groceries up and then make dinner. You're on dish duty." She told him, splitting the work evenly. Before he left, however, she tugged at his shirt and gave him a hug as he turned to face her.

"Don't stress too much about it. You're okay now. We're home."

Caleb was surprised to receive the hug. Did he get that just for carrying her groceries inside? It hadnt been that much of a pain. He couldnt help but to give her a very small smile which was the most he could manage right now though. "I'll try not to." He said and went to put his things aside before grabbing the sheets and covers so he would be able to sleep on the couch later. He had slept here a few times when he came by and she allowed him to stay over. It hadnt been a lot of times, just a handful, but he knew where the things were.

As April cooked, he made up the couch with sheets, a pillow and a blanket. Caleb sighed and ran a hand through his messy hair before accidentally falling asleep on the couch as he sat down. He hadnt meant to, but April hopefully knew she could just wake him for dinner. He was just tired after all that happened today and all the struggles he had for the last couple of years. He just needed a good nights rest and he would be able to stand up straight tomorrow again hopefully.

He didnt want to stay like this, he had to heal up so he could try for that modelling job and start earning real money for him dn his sister. He only needed 30 grand, a place for her to live, a full time job and then he had to go to court to still fight for her and why it would be better for her to stay with him. It was going to be a long year still, probably, but he had to try. Not for himself and not even for just Anna, but for April too. She was helping him so much and he didnt want to let her down or have her thinking that he was just some piece of shit... He cared too much about her and her opinion about him.

April smiled at his smile and put up the groceries briskly, before moving on to dinner. Her first thought was of extravagance, butter chicken and rice, but of course, it was late. She was tired. Butter chicken takes time. So sandwiches it was. She slapped some ham, cheese, lettuce in between bread and shoved it in the oven, before sprawling out the condiments.

She thought for a moment as the oven gave a little ding, on how Caleb would take all of this. How she would take all of this. Bills wouldn't be too much of a problem, an artist's pay was more than enough to suffice herself, as she wasn't a very expensive person, and could certainly squeeze in another human being. Would he be okay? Over the months, she'd noticed his pride seemed to get in the way of a lot of things. She could feel the shame radiating from him when she found out bits and pieces of his personal life that he would've rather kept hidden. But April picked up the pieces with care and kept them close to her, tucked away in the back of her mind. She would accept every broken piece of him. It was only a hope he would accept hers.

"Ah, Caleb!" She called, saying his name softer a few more times, roaming the apartment until she found him passed out on the couch. Sighing, she laughed a little. "Hey buddy. Caleb. Caleb. Wake up." Gently, she shook him a little til he stirred.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty. Dinner's ready. I might've wiggled out of it a little. I made sandwiches. Paper plates means no dish duty, though."

Caleb woke up and groaned. his body was all locked up and stiff. So much pain. His face was throbbing, right where he had gotten punched. His head was pounding from a major head ache, though it seemed like when he looked at April that it went away slowly. "Sorry for falling asleep." He said and yawned. He was so fucking tired.

He stood up and walked to the dining table where there was a sandwich on a paper plate. It was simple and might not look like much, but for Caleb right now it meant the world. April was already doing a lot for him and now she was also making him food. He was very very grateful and he knew he had to make it up to her some home. "This looks amazing April, thank you. I dont know how to repay you for all that you're doing for me and my sister." April was putting a lot of time and effort into them, time wise and energy wise. She didnt have to spend time with them every saturday or make him food..

He wanted to repay her somehow. He didnt have anything to give though, no flowers, no money, no things... He had nothing. Though maybe that fit him just right, he was nothing himself. Waste of air and space he supposed.

Last edited:
April trailed worriedly behind the man, her feet patting echoes through the quiet apartment. As he thanked her, she waved her hands dismissingly. "Oh dear, these are just simple sandwiches, nothing extravagant. It's no problem at all, I'm glad to have been of service." She told him, like she always did, and continued with her meal.

Though, she paused for a moment, looking down at the plate, and couldn't help but notice the pure sadness of the man beside her, almost desolate. She thought back and replayed all the memories of when she had Caleb's back, and sat there with him, patiently picking up his broken pieces with care. It hurt. It really, really hurt. Not because helping him was tiring, which, if she was being honest with herself, was a little exasperating, no. April felt her chest squeezing as swirls of doubt and fear bubbled in her mind.

"I wish you would let me do these things for you without looking so sad, so dejected. Like you've been demoted a little each time you have to sink to getting help from me." April set her sandwich down. "Is that it, Caleb? Is it that demeaning to accept my help? Why are you always so focused on trying to repay me? I don't need you to repay me, Caleb, I need you to be my friend." Her sudden outburst was certainly, well, sudden, and it almost surprised herself. It was the first time she had raised her voice to Caleb, but she didn't cry. No, she wouldn't let her eyes prick with tears, she would suck it up until he gave her a clear answer. April absolutely refused.

If that outburst was supposed to make him feel better, it really didnt. It made his insides boil actually. He didnt need this crap as well, he already had a long day and a load on his shoulders. "Well sorry for not being able to smile right now!" Caleb said back, glaring at April with a dark look. "I've been through hell today, okay? I almost got raped today, I'm in a lot of fucking pain and had to drop off my sister at those forster parents that love to remind me what a fuck up I am, so sorry if I can't express my gratitude!" He snapped back "I've had a hell of a day, I dont need this crap as well because I have a tough time showing emotions and feelings! You want me to put on a fake smile, huh?!"

He had never been good at showing how he truly felt. He put on a smile for his sister, half the time he had to force it on, but today he was too worn to do the same with April. It had been a long fucking day. Caleb groaned and rubbed his soar eyes, winching slightly as he pushed too hard on the bruise. "I need a smoke, I'll eat later." He said and stood up, walking out on the balcony before he grabbed a cigarette and lit it.

He was tired, not just physically, but mentally too. It would all be so much easier to just jump off the balcony and die. April wouldnt have someone to scream at and he was sure April would adopt Anna then or something.

April sat in her seat, startled by Caleb's own outburst. She ran through her memories, but couldn't find a time where he was angry, let alone when he yelled at her. Without thought, she let the man leave to the balcony. She finished her sandwich.

Guilt was what she had decided to call the pressure in her chest, squeezing and pushing until she had to clutch the fabric over her heart and breath deeply. She'd fucked up. April fucked up. Oh boy, she fucked up. She spent the next about half hour, silent tears streaming down her face, trying to pin point where it was she had went wrong, at what point her mindset had become so sickeningly skewed. Was she simply selfish? Seeing only her side of the story, with absolutely no regard to how he felt? She wondered when he had begun to smoke. It was her first instinct to tell him to stop, but today wasn't the day. She didn't want to risk any more screaming matches.

Instead, she put Caleb's sandwich in the fridge and left to write him an apology note. She didn't think she could face him that night, and a written letter was the next best thing.

Hey buddy. I'm sorry for yelling and making your day crappier than it already was. I'm really sorry. I'll make it up to you, I swear. Sandwich is in the fridge. Please don't stay up too late. Also, there's an apartment no smoking rule. I'm sure just this once is fine, but for future reference, please don't.
-April.

And with that, the exhausted woman ran through her night routine and plopped in bed.

Caleb came back after a while and saw the note. He huffed when he read the no drug policy thing. He had been outside on the balcony, they wouldn't know it and if it was really bothering her he would go down the stairs and outside to smoke, he didnt care. At least not right now. He had enough on his mind right now, last thing he wanted to worry about was someone giving him crap about his. He wasnt inside so he wasnt breaking any rules.

Caleb sighed and sat down on his "bed" and opened his bags, seeing the pills hidden in there. He grabbed the pottle, popped the cap and swallowed two before hiding it again and moving to lay down. Caleb pulled of his shirt and pants down to his boxers before crawling under the blanket.

It wasnt long before he fell asleep with Annabelle on his mind

---

Caleb woke up next morning with a groan and opened his eyes, it was so bright in the room and the paint fumes were starting to hit him again. He would never het used to that smell. He groaned again and hurried his face in his pillow. He wanted a cigarette already.

Sunday

Groggily, April woke. It was early enough so that the sun was on its way up to the sky, though April usually woke before the sunrise. Last night had been a little exhausting. She felt a little more refreshed, however, and she hoped Caleb did too.

"Today is going to be a productive day." April told herself, slapping her cheeks. She got to her feet, with much effort, and walked into the bathroom. Slowly, as she was still a little out of it, April went through her morning routine, all throughout, humming a gentle tune. She emerged with a large shirt and puzzlingly soft leggings. Oh how she loved her leggings.

"Caleb?" She called, tip toeing out of her room. The air was still a little tense between them, but she decided to pay no heed to it, though, that didn't stop her hands from shaking slightly. "Do you need the bathroom? I'll have breakfast ready in just a moment. Any requests?" She asked.

Caleb just wanted to go back to sleep, or at least try to, but April came out of the room. He wouldnt snap at her though, she was up and he supposed he should get up too. Every bone in his body popped and his body was super stiff and aching from yesterday's beating. "Just cereal is fine, you dont have to make anything special for me." He said and rubbed his eyes, trying to wake up. He grabbed his pack of cigarettes and stuck a stick between his lips, but before he lid it he remembered April's note. Right, rules. He wasnt at his own place.

Caleb pulled on yesterday's clothes and stood up. "I'm gonna head downstairs for a smoke. I'll be back in a few minutes." He said. She didnt want him smoking from her apartment? She couldnt say anything when he went to stand outside of the buildings gates. Caleb headed downstairs and outside, his hair still a mess from sleep, but he didnt care as he took the first drag of smoke.

This was normally his routine, a routine before breakfast. He had kept it hidden from April and especially Anna when she was over at his place. He could go a while without smoking like a day or so, but if he was going to stay at April's for a while, he didnt want to keep it hidden anymore. She had seen the mess he was in, where he lived and knew what he did to make money.. Smoking cigarettes was nothing compared to that.. He would keep the drugs hidden for a little bit longer though.

Once he finished his cigarette, he headed back upstairs to enjoy breakfast.. He probably should apologise to April too. As soon as he walked through the door, he took a deep breath. "Hey... I um... I wanted to apologise for yesterday." He said and took a seat. "I was a jerk for snapping at you, it had just been a really long day." He told her with a small smile.

April gave him a nod. She wasn't quite in the mood to go all out with poached eggs and bacon and French toast either, so cereal would make do for the both of them. Before April could respond, Caleb was already out the door with a cigarette in his mouth. She sighed softly and walked into the kitchen frowning.

"He's going to kill his own lungs before the thing that's supposed to kill him gets the chance." April muttered as she poured out two cups of cereal, setting the milk on the table, along with two tall glasses of orange juice. She took a deep breath, and stole a glance at the large, still covered painting on the wall of the dining room. It acted as a sort of nudge to remind her that she was in reality.

She really needed to talk to him about smoking.

As the door opened, she turned to Caleb. "Oh. That." April laughed a little. "Don't worry about it. I was kind of being a dick too. Sorry about that. Yesterday was all over the place, so it's understandable." She told him, smiling.

"Oh, did I tell you about the client I had yesterday? He was the slimiest man I had ever met," She started, pouring the milk into her bowl as Caleb walked over. She spoke about her day, the client, and whatever she couldn't yesterday. Conversation was pleasant, jubilant. The words came easy and replies smoothly. Silences were comfortable. The cereal wasn't stale yet. The rain had just stopped the night before and the weather was shaping up to be sunny and cool.

Today would be a good day.

Caleb sat down and smiled slightly, relieved actually that April wasnt creating a big deal out of everything this morning. He wasnt in the mood for that.

Caleb grabbed a bowl and the box of cereal before pouring himself some as April told him about this weird client. "Sounds like you need to get yourself a bodyguard." He teased with a smirk before loading a large spoonful into his mouth. "It means a lot that you came yesterday, we all know what would have happened if you didnt show yesterday." He said and shrugged. He had been raped plenty of times before, it was always the same, it rarely got worse. He could have handled that part at least. She didnt save just him, but also Annabelle and that was the most important. As long as Annabelle was safe than they could rape him, beat him, drug him up, it wouldnt matter as long as she was safe.

Caleb ate more of his cereal and drank some orange juice. "You have more clients today?" He asked her with his mouth full of food, the cereal stuffed in a cheek. "I dont know if you have anything planned, but I was thinking you could maybe put in a word for me at that model place so I can get started once my bruises healed.. Probably the end of the week or so." He said and finished his bowl. He was so fucking hungry.

Last edited:
"I am my own body guard. I'll fight anyone and everyone. I am the shadows in the night. Fear me!" April told him, chuckling. She nodded at his following statement, laying her head down over her arms. She looked at him and thought through her day, counting the things she had to do on one hand. She got to 3 before she opened her mouth.

"I have a couple things to do, but the modeling agency is right next to the company I work for, so I can just swing by with a friend. Other than that, I have to go to the bank, meet a client, and finish a painting. Not too much." She told him, sighing despite herself. Not surprisingly, she was still a little tired from the day before.

"Alright! Can't waste too much time. If you want, you can tag along. Otherwise, just try not to burn down the apartment." She said, laughing.