Saving a Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Griffin followed the woman. He watched around them for anyone paying them too much attention. But didn't notice anything to stuck out. He climbed into the car only after she was safely in the car. Then he carefully pulled out of the parking lot. As he drove towards the city limits he watched for signs that they were being followed. "Do you have the list of places you can't go?"

"I uhh, I will write down a list..." she said as she opened her purse and took out a pencil and a small notebook.
As they drove the woman kept scribbling any place she could think of then handed it to him, "there...how long until we get there..." she said turning away from him.

"You should rest if you can." Griffin advied her. "I don't know where we are going yet. I need to look over you list. Which I can't do while I drive. I don't plan to stop this car until we have several miles between us and this town. We want as many mile as we can manage between you and him. I'm not taking any chances."

The woman nods and lays down to sleep, closing her eyes.
Hours after she passed out, the woman was tossing and turning. She faced the man with her eyes closed and as he passed along each light, she became even more radiant.

It's been hours since they drove but Sarah wasn't aware of this...all she knew was that this man was taking the time to save her, she assumed that he was an undercover cop.

Griffin was well aware of her assumption. He was going to allow her to keep that assumption as long as he could. It kept her calm and cooperative. He drove for hours. He watched her and the road behind them. If his father's men knew he had taken her they hadn't found his trail yet. He wondered how long it would take. He doubted it would be long. He drove until his eyes started to blur. He pulled over the side of the highway near an exit that would take them to a hotel. He shook her gently. "Do you want to drive or do you want to grab a room. I need to sleep one way or another."

Even though he gently woke her up, she opened her eyes and sat up accidentally slapping the driver in the face--she turned to him and profusely apologized holding his face and taking a look at his eye. It wasn't bad, not even bruised, but nonetheless she felt horrible for it.
"Maybe we should stay at a hotel, you need some much deserved sleep and I need a shower...and...I will pay for everything, you know...since I hit you in the eye;"
Realizing she was still holding his face she let go and looked down on her lap, "we should get going..." she said.

Griffin took the slap. It was nothing compared to what he was used to. He pulled away from her. He didn't know why she had hit him. He supposed it didn't matter. He desevered that and more. Without a word he drive them to the hotel closet to the exit. He went in and rented them a room with two bed. He didn't ask for her money. He parked the car near their room as hr unlocked door he told her. "Don't leave the room for any reason and don't let anyone in."

She nodded before speaking, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hit you like that...I've been having nightmares and I wake up like that...." she was about to say something else but his look to her seemed like he didn't really care what she had to say.
She looked down fiddling with her hands after he forced himself away, "I'm sorry" she whispered before hugging her arms and getting out, closing the door behind her.
Room 206, that was it...she opened the door and started stripping, not really caring if the guy saw before grabbing the complimentary soap, going into the shower and turning it on. She started rubbing her body with the soap...slowly realizing that she wasn't going to see her friends and family for a long time.
The woman couldn't stop her wave of emotions, and with all the memories of her loved ones clashing together she started crying silently to herself as she curled up in the shower...by herself.

Griffin gave her as much privacy as he could. He locked the door keeping his eyes off her while she stripped. How could she strip like that he didn't know. He took his shoes off but nothing else. He climbed into bed. He could only hope that she would stay close. He was too tired to fight he. He climbed into thr bed closest to the door so that if danger came he could protect her. He closed his eyes and let himself fall into a restless sleep.

The very next day, Sarah woke up extra early and just stared at the wall for an hour before her tummy started rumbling. She pursed her lips and ordered room service, another hour later when there was a knock on the door. The woman told the woman to leave it out on the hallway, that she would get it.
Placing her ear against the door, she waited until the sound of footsteps dissapeared until she quickly walked out and grabbed the food, then was about to walk back in when she saw a man in the hallway, just staring at her. She closed the door after bringing the food in and shook her protector awake.
"Hey, I think someone knows were here! Wake up!"

Griffin jerked awake. He looked around with wide frightened eyes. It took him a moment to realize where he was and who she was. He jumped out of bed. He froze when he saw the food. He shoved her against the wall. "What did I tell you! I said don't leave the fucking room!" He shook her angrily. "Are you trying to get caught?!" He shoved her towards the bed. "Look I know this is new to you but you can't take chances like that!" He stormed towarfs the door. He walked out to look around.

There was no man at the hallway, Griffin suddenly felt someone gently touch his arm, it was Sarah...she pulled him to the window and pointed to a black van that drove off in a hurry, almost running over several other cars.
The woman already knew what this meant and grabbed Griffin's keys, running out of the room barefoot.
She unlocked the door, the money was still inside and she got into the drivers seat starting the car.

Griffin grumbled under his breath. Damn. He had hoped for more time. He was glad they hadn't brought more stuff into the hotel room. He grabbed the tray of food and his shoes before following her to the car. "You had better drive fast and careful. Do not draw attention to us. I will watch for signs that were being followed but I think someone is tracking us. The wuestion is how."

"If you're not going to take this seriously I can simply call them and tell them where you are girl. I don't have to risk my life for yours. It isn't worth it if you aren't going to respect the risk to both of us." Griffin snapped at her. He didn't know what her problem was. And he didn't care. He just wanted to get somewhere where he didn't have to be on guard every second of his time.

"I was hungry...I just wanted to eat..." she mumbled but as Griffin kept yelling at her her anger started bubbling up and each time she apologized he just kept going until she finally pulled over.

"Shut the fuck up!" she snapped back, "I didn't ask to be stalked and i'm pretty sure you didn't either Griffin! W-why even save me hmm? Why even put all the effort for a spoiled brat like me who just wanted to fucking eat huh?" She looked at him shaking, "Hmm? Well, Griffin...whatever the fuck your name is...if you haven't noticed I don't fancy the idea of burning up my savings to get away from a guy who you just happen to briefly fill me in on...and I would rather die then spend the rest of my life scared, because maybe that's the way you live, but for your information not everybody is like you...and when I get out of this car...you can go ahead and mumble crap about me...but look at it from the bright side, you wont have to deal with me anymore...I'm not your problem...this was a great what? Day, but I think I better go..." She then unbuckled her seat belt, grabbed her cash and got out of the car, slamming the door behind her.

She walked into the nearest car dealership and purchased a beautiful red Mustang under a different name before driving out, mind you it did take thirty minutes but she drove to the nearest gas station and filled her up and drove to a couple of stores before the nearest hotel...she had to have a plan...and maybe it was better that she wasn't with the asshole...it would just be trouble for both of them. She closed the curtains and windows, locked the door and took out a pair of scissors and hair dye before walking into the bathroom. Once she was done she looked like Rapunzel after her hair was cut in the movie "Tangled"

For the past 2 years she learned basics of hand to hand combat, parkour and became skilled at most weapons...she had done this because Griffin was right...he was always right and it pissed her off because he wasn't gentle about it...he was a stone cold hard-ass and she needed to become one too.
All this time she had covered her tracks perfectly, she had a false ID, no bank account and she never made any payment to her car so she pretty much stole it.
She didn't know if Griffin ever found her, but she doubted it, he seemed to care at first but all of that most likely went out the window after what she had said to him...

Sarah was doing her daily exercises in Lanceton Hotel at Room 282

Status
Not open for further replies.