Save me...

• Thread starter Mako Torriblaidd
  • Start date
She offered a small smile in return, glad that he didn't think her a fool. The smile held no warmth in her eyes though, he may as well have been screaming his anger. She couldn't blame him though, she wanted to take her now ex-boyfriend down as well. "W-well, I think... he may have ties to the underworld... how... I don't know..."

Allen frowned and considered this information, letting it sink in.

"If he has ties to the underworld, then you're in a lot more danger than we thought," he said. "I'm going to have some officers stationed here while you're in the hospital. Do you have anywhere to go after you are released?"

Naomi released a sigh, slowly shaking her head. "No, I was living with him..." She replied with a small sigh, "I moved out of my apartment last month so he has all of my things... I can't go anywhere..." Her head lowered while she came to realize she actually was alone now.

Allen frowned and thought over some options. They could put her in a hotel, but it wouldn't necessarily be the safest place for her. Maybe one of the female officers that don't have a family living with them? That could work.

"We'll come up with some sort of an arrangement, then. I'm sure we've got a female officer that would be more than happy to put you up until we know you're safer," he said.

Naomi looked to him, a bit surprised, "I'm not sure a single female officer can protect me, not from him, it'd only put her in danger if he is in the underworld." She replied with a sigh, shaking her head. "I don't mind a male officer."

Allan nodded and racked his head for a solution.

"I'll call in and make some arrangements. You can stay with me, if you'd prefer that. If not, there's a couple of guys who's wives would be more than happy for the company."

He had no problems with offering a place to stay. But he was also a male officer living alone, and he wasn't so sure his lieutenant would agree to letting her stay with him. It would be better if she was placed in a married cop's home or with a female cop. Still, it was him who was on this case, and he wanted to make sure she was comfortable as well as safe.

She offered a small smile, "Thank you." Naomi spoke honestly offering him a slight nod, "I feel better knowing that... I think the officers with wives might cause issues..." Her voice was soft, almost mournful knowing it was going to be a burden upon him.

Allen nodded and stood to walk to the door.

"Do you need anything else? I need to speak with my Lieutenant to get this set up. I don't know how long the hospital will be keeping her here, but you seem alert enough it shouldn't be more than a couple days."

She slowly shook her head, "No, I'll be fine... and waiting for you to come back since you're my only company it seems..." She replied with a saddened chuckle while she laid back just a bit.

Allen nodded. "I'm sorry for leaving now, but I want to make sure this is taken care of before you are discharged. I'll be back soon."

Leaving quickly, Allen walked out of the hospital and to his cruiser. With a little bending of the law, he sped his way to the precinct and ran inside to speak with the Lieutenant. As he'd thought, the Lieu wasn't very happy with the idea of a young, single woman rooming with a young, single man. Still he gave his permission because that's what Naomi had stated she was comfortable with. That, and out of the single officers in the unit, Allen was probably the most honorable of them.

"All right, I'll get this approved. But I want you to take precautions, Miller, do you understand me?"

"Yes, sir," Allen said with a nod. The Lieu waved him out, and he walked over to his desk to make sure there was nothing too pressing to do waiting on him there. He'd barely had any sleep, so he didn't dawdle there, choosing to drop a quick note to his partner and then leaving to head back to the hospital.

She gave him a small smile as he left, "Good bye Allen." She spoke softly, appreciatively. Leaning back in her bed she simply contented herself to watch the television, to sleep, to day dream even while he was gone. She would have called him and told him to just go home except she fell asleep. None the less she waited for his return, a peaceful look on her face.

Allen paused outside the door of the hospital room and sighed. Looking around, he caught a nurse and asked for a pillow and blanket before walking inside. He was getting bone tired and ran a hand down his face to wake up long enough to get comfortable in the less-than-comfortable recliner in the corner of the room. He had avoided it earlier so that the chance of him staying awake was greater, but now he didn't particularly care. The nurse came in shortly and handed him the items before doing a quick check over Naomi's vitals on the screen and noting them on the chart. When she left, he sank into the chair and prepared to fall asleep.

Luckily for him, sleep wasn't too far from him, though he'd surely be a little stiff in the morning.

Naomi groaned just a bit, her eyes barely opening to look at Allen as he re entered the room. She watched him curl up in the chair and frowned just a bit. "I-If you're going to stay here you can get up with me... or at least use the bed to put your feet up." She spoke with a small nod as she watched the officer.

Allen jumped when he heard Naomi speak, not having expected her to wake up.

"Ah, sorry if I woke you," he said softly. "And I'll be fine here, so don't worry about it. This chair isn't that bad." He offered her a grin to show that he was okay. "You should get some more sleep. There will probably be a couple more officers coming by tomorrow. Some of the detectives will probably be taking over the investigation now and they'll have their own questions to ask you."

She giggled as he jumped, a smile crossing her lips. "You're fine..." She replied giving him a small nod while she leaned back a bit more. "Well, the offer is there..." Naomi replied while she looked to him, not seeming to like the idea of more questions but she nodded none the less. "Alright..."

With a gentle smile, Allen shifted in his chair and closed his eyes for a brief moment before peeking through one to check on Noami. He'd never really had to take care of someone else before, not like this. He couldn't figure out if he felt more father or boyfriend, and the blushed at that idea, scolding himself for such a thing as he closed his eyes again and tried to focus on something else. At some point, he had lifted his legs and shifted so that his feet were on the bed comfortably without it really registering.