~Save Me~ (Serpentine and Azumari)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aiah smiled at Alastor's comment. She couldn't tell if he was serious or not, but she just accepted it and walked down the hall with him, eventually coming to the Great Hall. Right as she entered, her father rushed forward and swept her in his arms, twirling her a few times. "Finally, you've arrived, Aiah! I was worried you wouldn't even come to celebrate your dear father's birthday." he laughed, setting Aiah down. Aiah laughed a bit as she smoothed her dress. "I would never miss your birthday, father." she said lightly, kissing her father's cheek.

Alastor smiled softly looking at the two then goes to the other party guests conversating with them while watching the princess from afar. He walks over to the punch bowl grabbing a cup of juice.

After a few moments of talking with her father, Aiah heard the orchestra start to play. The father-daughter dance. Aiah's father looked at her and smiled, bowing before holding out his hand. Aiah curtsied then grabbed her father's hand, letting him lead her onto the dance floor. When the familiar beat came, her father lead her through the beginning of the dance. Aiah followed his lead, her moves graceful and smooth. She looked to her father, who smiled brightly at her, most likely proud that Aiah even considered learning the moves.

Alastor watched through the crowd of the Father-daughter dance. He was glad that she remembered the steps and made her father happy. He sipped his drink then goes back to the wall enjoying the party.

When the dance finished, Aiah curtsied and her father bowed, signaling the end of the dance. Afterward, Aiah watched as her father was pulled into a conversation, leaving her standing alone. She smiled and turned, walking off of the dance floor as others quickly went onto it. Then, reality hit her. She looked around and saw all of the people, how loud they were and how they were just...there. It irked Aiah so she grimaced slightly as she walked to the punch bowl, grabbing a glass.

Alastor talked to a few of the nobles. They usually talked to him about the princess and his life in the castle. He walked over to the huge doors walking out onto the balcony taking a bit of fresh air. It was a bit too stuffy in there for him.

Aiah sighed, brushing off anybody's attempts to make conversation with her. She mainly excused herself politely before leaving, only to be introduced by another patron. Aiah growled slightly under her breath before she looked around, seeing Alastor walk onto the balcony. She smiled a bit before walking to the balcony as well. When she stepped out of the Great hall, she was met with a cool breeze, unlike the warm atmosphere inside. "Smart idea. It's much better out here than inside." Aiah said, moving to the balcony railing, turning to smile at Alastor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alastor looked over at Aiah smiling softly. "I doubt people would come out here but it is nice. Now you don't have to socialize" he leaned up against the balcony looking out into the kingdom.

"I was getting rather annoyed, anyway. Everywhere I turned, someone was there asking me the weirdest questions. If I hadn't walked out, I'm pretty sure that I would've done your job by punching somebody." Aiah sighed, leaning against the balcony railing and looking over the town a distance away.

"I would love to see that" Alastor chuckled softly patting her head gently. "Princess... Would you like to go into town" he stretches a little then loosened up his tie.

"Go into town?" Aiah pondered the idea for a moment then slowly nodded. She was still looking at the town as she smiled. "Yeah, that would be a great idea. I haven't been in town for ages." she breathed, turning to face Alastor. "But, I should probably get changed out of this dress first. It's lovely and all, but it would only get in the way." Aiah said, looking down at the dress with a slightly scrunched nose.

"I understand plus your mother would have a fit. Let's go to your room my lady" Alastor holds her hand gently walking into the ballroom looking around at the party making sure the Princess stays close.

Aiah let Alastor lead her from the balcony. The moment she stepped back inside the Great Hall, the swarming noises of the other people was like a wave washing over her. She decided to ignore the slight irritation as she plastered on a fake smile. Before they left the Hall, though, somebody grabbed onto Aiah's wrist gently. Her reflexes would have kicked in, but she decided against them, instead, turning to look at who grabbed her. It was a boy, maybe a year or two older than her. When he saw her looking at him, he immediately let go of her wrist. "Sorry, ma'dam, but could I have a quick dance?" he asked, brow furrowed, creating a thoughtful look. Aiah looked back at Alastor, biting her lip slightly. "I-I'm sorry, but-" she was cut off by the boy. "It will only be quick, I promise my lady. I wouldn't want to take up all of your time." he said quickly, looking at her with a pleading smile. Aiah looked once again back at Alastor, furrowing her brow. She was utterly conflicted.

Alastor puts two of his fingers on the bridge of his nose a bit annoyed . He sighed softly looking over at the princess giving her the look wondering if she wanted him to stop the male from dancing with her. He must of been of the noble's sons since they made it to the party.

"I will have to pass, I'm sorry. I already have plans." Aiah said, turning to follow Alastor. She felt the boy grab her wrist again and stopped. She turned slowly, her irritation growing. "Oh come on. Plans? With who? Your servant?" the boy asked, amusement flashing across his face. Aiah felt her face grow warm in embarrassment, but didn't object to the boy's accusations. "So you are? Forgive me for asking this Princess, but how could you stoop so low as to spend time with a servant and not with a fellow nobleman?" he asked, the urge to laugh clear on his face. Aiah tightened her hands into fists, her eyebrow twitching a bit. Her annoyance level was rising. "Well, maybe it's because my servant has better manners than a fellow nobleman such as yourself." she said coldly, narrowing her eyes at the boy. The boy's amusement disappeared, replaced by a dark look. "What did you say?" he asked roughly, taking a few steps towards Aiah. Aiah backed up a little, the boy's size and demeanor intimidating.

Alastor didn't want to make a scene at the King's party. He seen how upset the princess was getting. He growled grabbing the princess away from the nobleman pulling her close his body. "Please.. The princess doesn't want to dance. if you want to fight let's do this away from the party unless you want to feel the wrath of the King on his birthday. "

Aiah gasped slightly as she was pulled against Alastor's chest. She turned to look at the boy, who narrowed his eyes even more. "Who do you think you are, peasant? Ordering me around like you're somebody important. Well sorry to burst your bubble, but you're just a measly servant. Nothing more, so deal with it." the boy snapped, his true colors shining past his general 'kind' demeanor. Aiah growled and closed her eyes, struggling against the urge to punch the boy. "Leave him alone. You don't get to order my servant around! The only person who's allowed to do that is me! So, I suggest you leave...now!" she demanded, her grey eyes staring the boy down in a harsh glare. The boy growled and brushed off his shoulders before turning on his heel. "I suggest you watch your back, Princess. Both you and your servant." he snarled, grimacing before disappearing into the party. Aiah pulled away from Alastor, crossing her arms over her chest while she glared into the direction the boy went. "Nobleman scum." she muttered, scrunching her nose in distaste.

"He's only like that because of his parents my lady. I think we should lay low tonight and I'll tell your father about the nobleman that upset you." Alastor patted her head gently trying to calm her down a little. "You know I would of taken the punishment for you if you wanted to swing at him princess" he laughed then held her hand gently leading her out the ballroom.

Aiah felt more at ease when Alastor patted her head. She let him lead her out of the Great Hall, following behind him without complaint. "Do you know that boy's parents, Alastor?" she asked him, tilting her head slightly at his back as they continued walking down the hall. His comment about how he would have taken the blame for her punching the boy still made her smile, considering that he probably would have done it.

"Yes I do my lady. His parents like kissing up to your father then talks behind his back." Alastor looked back at her then goes back to facing the front going up the staircase.

Status
Not open for further replies.