Satellite 15 - OOC

I'm working with the notion that China's largely unseen government has an idea what is going on. That's why they sent a warrior with experience in the supernatural. Whether or not that matters in the end is entirely up to the plot-maker.

I took an idea and ran with it, which so far seems to look like it will work out quite well.

As for firearms, I'm glad the hull is strong enough to take some punishment, but most weapons can be issued with "safe" rounds. Safe being that they don't puncture through the other side of a fleshy target. The Hound's Tooth has quite a few special types of ammunition, all of which Luo Lang has been sent with. However, he prefers the Claws for their bigger punch and "safe" status.

I could also go so far as to suggest that ballistic weapon technology has advanced to such a point that all rounds are "safe", to a point at least. The biggest munitions, like Luo Lang's rifle, sacrifice that for greater power.

Details, details, details > <, haven't you seen Aliens?

Of course, but the company knew what was there :P

Alrighty... working on a character. I'm thinking something akin to a high tech ninja or samurai. Kinda like what shows up all to commonly in Metal Gear Solid.

On the other hand I had thought about playing a Hudson Clone! xD

@ Slyen -SWEET!! Glad you are joining. Both character choices sound epic, dude.

@Sjuhet - Yea, I was thinking something along the same lines....as far as sending people with experience in that particular field and telling them its a rescue mission. Maybe our respective governments have reasons to want us dead? Maybe they want us to unknowingly - or knowingly - bring back a specimen? Maybe they need to cover something up and send us in to first destroy the data then let whatever hell is lurking on the station destroy us?

Thats where I'm at as far as potential plot. Also, I'll get a little more in depth in the post I'm writing atm, as far as my characters back ground and how it may relate to the mission.

My Favorite kind of plots are the ones that develop with posts, heheheh. I've never been a good beginning to end story writer...Thats why I like RP, I kind of just go with it then let the players dictate where the plot goes.

Also, we'll have a small encounter coming up too. I have an interesting Idea for the combat scene.

I sure hope this combat doesn't involve my character dieing immediately...... I mean, I know he's a bastard, but i have so many ideas for him.....

Hahaha, No sir. Your characters fate is up to you entirely.

Also, you get 50pts for Predator reference.

Name: Mardo Kawalsky

Appearance:

Spec_Ops_by_flyingdebris.jpg

Gear:
His "signature" gear is prototype nano-suit/powered armor combination and an experimental energy carbine. Aside from that, he carries various other forms of weapon and equipment, such as high explosives, grenades, sidearms, knives etc.

Job: Investigations/Combat/Infiltration

Race:
Human

Persona:
Kind, teamworking, stalwart, and wary. Isn't afraid of bending or outright breaking the rules and has a tendency to be very dead-set on figuring something out if he sees it as amiss.

Bio: He is an ex-member of an "advance recon group" that was practically little more than a black ops group. He left it after a very rough history, including killing more than just a few of his higher ups. This was punishment for crimes which they normally would have escaped. Mardo managed to use his various connections to protect himself in the fallout of his vigilante-spree and later re-built his career doing peace-keeping alongside of more traditional and less morally questionable spec-ops work.

Name: Sidara Pythe
Nickname: Sid
Appearance: Will be drawing a pic!!
Equipment:Double barrel combat shotgun, .45 handgun, kevlar vest, backpack filled with 2 flashlights, walky talkies, small first aid kit, and hunting knife strapped to her thigh.
Job: Soldier
Race: Human
Persona: Quiet, serious, likes to just get the job done no matter what, does not like to fail.
Bio: Grew up with just her father so she was more of a tomboy as a child. Went through her girly phase and just recently graduated top selection of her class. Has had about 5 months of field action.

@ Irae - Metal brother, Mardo looks bad ass!

@ EMT << ( My new name for EmOtard) - Glad you joined, can't wait to see the picture.

EDIT: I'll wait for everyone to get their intro post in, then post again.

Man, took me over an hour to find a pic I liked to represent him!

Anyhoo, when it comes to the aliens, I imaine them being a sort of weird mixture between the predators and the aliens from Alien Vs Predator, mixed in with some shape-shifting abilities. I imagine there are likely multiple types of aliens as well; it's not just one species as well. I imagine some of them may be more bestial and others more high-tech...or just really weird.

Another idea I have for the alien is that it's a sort of weird bio-cybernetic race that has assimilated various other races into horrid mixtures of flesh and steel, looking to acquire more of humanity's genetic make-up to add to its armory of biological diversity.

I like it, i like it.

Maybe there could be a couple different types of aliens we would be dealing with? I was thinking like an Insect hybrid/hive type/ -Aliens- type alien. We could also have a more intelligent race...possibly the metal/bio flesh combo (I Like that), perhaps THEY were the ones that sent n the Hive type aliens in to kill the crew of Satellite 15, like an extermination tool.

And then.....Maybe the Hive aliens turned on the Metal/bio aliens...and now they are fighting each other just as our crew arrives...and and and, I might be getting ahead of myself, just thoughts.

Double post

Still birth brought up a good point in the cbox just now, we nead leadership since we are on a militaristic mission, even though we are from different countries. So as your GM i will be in charge, but don;t worry it wont effect things much. Also remember, my character has what I called a "Deep space Radio" this will link me - US- to earth.

Also just waiting on a CS from sly, then I'll get another post up.

Ok, I posted. If sly is gonna join he'll just have to jump in.

@Sjuzhet - I think we were posting at the same time last night, cause when I went to sleep after writing my post I saw yours this morning. Anyways, I moved the plot on, but didn't mean to intentionally skip over your "find" in the couch. You'll see how I worked with it, but I figured since Lua Lang was about to kill it I'd leave that part for you. ANYWAYS..sorry about that.

Hope this works...

Name: David "Mongoose" Clarke
Appearance:
newyork97_img3.jpg
Equipment: Combat Space Operations Skinsuit (CSOS - A lightweight space suit meant to survive combat and keep the wearer alive in the depths of space.), Active Camoflauge Generator (Belt mounted device, Predator style invisablity), a combat shotgun (Using the SPAS-15 as a referance), sidearm and combat knife ( using the HK USP and the KM2000 as the referance)
Job: Soldier, Special Operations (Duh!) Trigger Puller Type.
Race: Human, Cacuasian
Persona: Lone Wolf. While he will work with others he keeps to himself when it comes to matters beyond the mission.
Bio: David Clarke joined up at a young age. He was seventeen when he graduated basic training, going to jump school followed by entering into the Rangers. After four years with the Rangers he tried out for Special Forces and got in and was assigned to a budding Space Warfare unit. He lost his eye during an operation against Chinese commandos that was later swept under the carpet by both government along with the majority of his unit.

Accepted, of course.

I thought you might. I had thought about it being North Korean Commandos and well... then I thought that North Korea might not exist anymore in this setting, so the Chinese sound better. Because after all, Russians are over played and Rambo killed all the Southeast Asian Communists not to mention that Castro's crowd just won't die... gotta have someone right? xD

I imagine Mardo may have both worked with and against the chinese at various points in his history, the latter get back at his own leaders for their war crimes.

Anyways, the combat's heating up. I imagine that if 5.56 doesn't do much, then perhaps more exotic weaponry might just do the trick.

Great posts everyone! Really, I am happy with the way everything is going.

I'm gonna get a post up soon-ish (Have it plotted out in my head, but still haven't gotten around to writing it out....Damn, post holiday hangovers ftw) So if you need to kill anything else, shoot now or forever hold your 'piece', lmao....anyways.

Also, during combat scenes it is not essential that you wait for me to call out the damage or success rate of your shots. That's not really how I GM my forum rps, especially when I am also playing a character.

I'm thining this RP should involve a fair share of investigation and horror - I won't lie, I think of it as having better potential as a sort of slightly Dead Space-ish sci-fi horror RP.