• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sarokhor

Original poster
IC Thread: CLOSED SIGNUPS - Sanguine Dirge IC
IC Crack Thread: CLOSED SIGNUPS - Sanguine Dirge IC: The Pilgrim's Respite

It was the 1365th year after the death of the Alorran messiah. A man proclaimed to be a messenger from the gods intended to lead humanity to a life beyond the tyranny and corruption of kings and lords. Beyond the oppression of their government and soldiers... Such treason was not tolerated for long and soon enough the messiah was cornered and he sacrificed himself to save his followers. As the messiah walked the holy halls of Skariskall lit ablaze with godly mystical flames, the soldiers of the king were frozen as the man did not burn but instead spoke of forgiving them for their misguided loyalties and sin. In the end the messiah was struck down by Grand King Amaraan, ruler of all of Alor by the authority of the kings and queens of the territories within the region. The king's blade, a symbol of his rightful status as Grand King, plunged itself into the heart of the messiah and the flames reached out, engulfing both men and consuming them until naught was left but the blade, now cursed inflict the same fiery fate upon any who dared to wield the mantle of king of Alor ever again.

The followers of the messiah fled during the outcry and chaos of such a magical event. These men and women were never seen again in the eyes of the public. As far as the governments and kingdoms of the world were considered they fled into exile never to be heard of again. Yet this was far from the case, they had indeed exiled themselves from public view but only to operate as the shadowy hand of the gods to slowly unravel the corruption under the blessing of the messiah's sacrifice. For since that event there has never been another grand king who claimed ownership over the entire region. And with the blades of the Sanguine Dirge nipping at every scrap of corruption and lordship slowly for over a millennium, the world was changing. The people of Timinster have rallied and ousted their governor due to proof of his sinister love of torturing young children for his enjoyment. With the power of an entire city in uproar the governor and all those loyal to him were driven from the city. Whilst they would have fled to the governor's superior: Baron Higram of Dafeld Tower, and asked for assistance they never made it that far. In the forest before the tower the governor and his soldiers were slain and pinned to the trees as a sign that the citizens of Timinster had the support of the now infamous assassins of the Sanguine Dirge. With the previously hidden group coming forth into the public eye their fight was only just beginning

The story will follow the upcoming conflicts across Alor as the Sanguine Dirge continues their bloody deeds in the name of the gods. The finale should be the elimination of all governments and lordships to deliver the region into a collective democracy as per the will of the gods. Plus a secret twist that leads into a final arc

Your character will fill one of these limited roles in the newest assembled group of the Sanguine Dirge:

Coordinator: The group leader responsible for planning out the method in which the group will complete the mission assigned by the grand master. The coordinator is the only one who receives communications with the grand master. Coordinators should be detail oriented, inspiring, and strategic. Yet they also possess the ability to fight yet not at the same level as an assassin or warrior. The coordinator should rarely involve him/herself in combat operations unless necessary and should focus on commanding and guiding the group

Coordinators passively have the ability to send magical messages to the group using animals. The coordinator can also receive feedback given to the animal verbally by group members. This allows the coordinator to change his plan to fit any changes in the situation and any new information gathered by any group member

Slots: 1 (Filled)

Scout: The scout is a long range character who observes the target and the surrounding environment, reporting any relevant information to the Coordinator. The scout is an expert at recognizing weaknesses in defenses, locating traps and hidden areas, and for taking out isolated and vulnerable targets at a distance. They can also of course support warriors by injuring or killing targets that flank or overwhelm him/her. Their close range skills are very poor in comparison to a warrior or assassin but they make up for it with stealth, range, and athleticism to escape

Scouts passively have keen eyesight far beyond a normal person's ability. Able to zoom in and make out details at over a mile away. This is part of the reason they make great archers with enough practice with a bow or other distance weapons

Slots: 2 (2 Reserved)

Infiltrator: The infiltrator is a master of disarming traps, picking locks, and sabotaging various vital structures. An infiltrator ensures the group can enter, conduct the mission, and leave safely with or without finesse. The infiltrator is a close ranged fighter and uses tools and gadgets to accomplish their objectives. They can be stealthy, bold, magic oriented, or charismatic and can be used for close ranged scouting of an interior. The infiltrator can also serve as a spy if they manage to become involved in the inner works of the target's government. This undercover work is the ultimate source of information and sabotaging essential for the long term goal of eliminating the government

Infiltrators passively have the ability to phase through non-living material when focusing very intensely. This is useful for getting themselves inside neigh impregnable structures to more easily sabotage the defenses, scout, and open the way for the rest of the group

Slots: 2 (1 Reserved, 1 Filled)

Doctor: Being an outlaw group the Dirge needs these characters to treat injuries without drawing the attention of the local government. The doctor also serves as a discreet trader with local businesses for supplies. Food, water, medicine, tools, poisons, ect. The doctor can also use his/her expertise and equipment to create medicine, poisons, or other useful mixtures such as acids or explosives with the proper ingredients. The doctor is not so much a fighter as a support character who helps the group to survive after a battle or helps them to escape if things go poorly during a fight. However the doctor can indeed kill as they have enough knowledge to strike a lethal blow to anyone not paying him/her much mind

Doctors passively gain the ability to sense ailments in a person's body allowing them to more swiftly diagnose and treat or worsen the effects. They can also see and identify residue substances on surfaces. This allows a doctor to be a detective of sorts and piece together an idea of what has happened in an area recently

Slots: (Filled)

Assassin: The assassin is the silent stalker and executor of high value or hard to kill targets. The assassin can stay hidden either stealthily or in plan sight by blending in until they are ready to strike. With expert knowledge in vital points, poisons, and armor weaknesses they strike with calm and deadly precision using the element of surprise to kill their targets before they can fight back. Assassins are also great short or medium range fighters but tend to be poorly armored for sustained combat. As such it is a good idea for an assassin to eliminate only essential targets before fleeing or hiding

Assassins passively gain the ability to blend in with their environment when focusing hard enough. This can allow an assassin to be nearly indistinguishable from the bush they are hiding in or simply unremarkable in the group they are moving in

Slots: (Filled)

Warrior: The warrior is a heavily armed and armored close range character who attacks head on to outlast or skillfully defeat a target. Warriors in the dirge are often used as a distraction for more subtle tactics to work without a hitch, though they are also used when subtly is impossible in a situation. Most warriors can fight multiple opponents at once without much trouble due to armor, training, and the blessing of the gods

Warriors passively gain the ability to see 360 around themselves as far as 10 meters. This allows them to better defend themselves from flanking maneuvers or sneaky ranged attacks. It does take a lot of mental focus though

Slots: 2 (Filled)

Character Bios should follow these guidelines:

Name: (First, Last)

Race: (human, elf, orc, ect) [Pretty much all fantasy races you can find. Though I've made all races pretty much equal at a base level. Basically it's just for looks and background. Stereotypes still exist but like most stereotypes they aren't very true. For example Orcs are generally viewed as stupid vicious barbarians by common society but in actuality they can be as smart and sophisticated as any other race]

Sub-race: (if more than one or if one is cursed with Vampirism, Lycanthropy, or Spectralism)

Description: (Written and/or picture) [No real life pics, this is fantasy so keep it artsy or anime]

Role: (Role you wish to play. Call a role that has open slots)

Fighting Style: (Primary and secondary weapons and how your character uses them. This isn't Naruto or Bleach or something else with crazy ass flashsteps and explosions all the time... keep it more like Lord of the Rings Style fighting. Same with magic, keep it small but useful and only usable either on a long cooldown or limited uses per day)

Abilities: (Whatever you can think of that makes your character unique. Be very creative but no Godmodding or incredibly variable powers. Example: if you say you have telekinesis, that means you can move things with your mind. Nothing else, no telekinesis blasts, barriers, telepathy, ect) [Characters between 10-19 have 1 ability. 20-30 get 2]

Strengths: (choose two particular things you can think of that your character is good at) [Keep it reasonable, as in your strength cant be to have reflexes fast enough to dodge or block anything from any direction]

Weaknesses: (Choose things that can be used against your character) [These need to be actual hindrances. Not something like "If you shoot my character through the heel with an arrow he becomes killable... Because who the hell is going to think of doing that to somebody unless they know the person's name is Achilles?!]

History: (lengthy description of your character's life before being recruited to the dirge)

Curses:

Vampirism-

Strengths: Greatly increased Speed/Reflexes/Strength, Retractable claws and fangs, Unaging, Night vision, Fatal Injuries do not kill you, Regeneration (at the cost of consumed blood), 2 extra abilities

Weaknesses: Weak to magic, Water burns, Cannot touch Holy or Blessed locations, Sunlight burns, Can frenzy when starving, must drink half their body weight in blood every 24 hours or becomes weakened

Lycanthropy-

Strengths: Animal senses (night vision, scent tracking, sense danger), Increased strength/reflexes in human form, slow regeneration. Wolf form (super regeneration, greatly increased strength/speed/acrobatics, infectious, large teeth and claws, venomous teeth/claws/blood)

Weaknesses: Silver stops regeneration, hunger increased, loss of control in wolf form

Spectralism-

Strengths: Ghost form (can leave one's body and travel through the realm of death to harm or influence the living without physical danger) Restless (no need to sleep), Fasting (no need to eat or drink), Spirit magic

Weaknesses: Holy magic is fatal. Physical body is vulnerable to possession and is physically defenseless when in Ghost Form. Fatal injuries kill your body leaving you trapped in the death realm until you waste away or twist into madness (in short character death means your character becomes a danger to the group rather than just dying off)

My own main character:

Name: Aloette Viscenna
Race: Human
Sub-race: Vampirism

Description: Aloette was inflicted with vampirism at a young age and thus still looks 12 in appearance. Her brown hair stretches just past her shoulders. Her eyes are chocolate brown just like her hair. She is 129cm tall (4 feet tall) with an aristocratic appearance as far as dress and figure goes. When using her vampiric powers or feeding her eyes take on a red hue and her features change a bit. her hair darkening and her skin paling

spoiled_by_randis.jpg

Role: Infiltrator

Fighting Style: Aloette is small thus she uses this to her advantage to make her opponent underestimate her and strike weaknesses with a slim stiletto dagger. Her backup is a small hickory cudgel she uses with her vampiric strength and speed to break bones or render a foe unconscious in a single strike. Her focus on attacking the joints, groin, and throat makes her great at disabling a foe but not a single strike instant killer most of the time

Abilities: Charm (can use magic to subtly control a person with suggestions/commands), Telekinesis (can control objects with her mind), Illusory Copies (can create controllable copies of herself at a distance of up to 20 meters. 5 copies can be created at most and they cannot interact with living or undead targets)

Strengths: 1) Aloette is a skilled manipulator of people, her charisma lets her talk her way into and out of many situations and further helps her infiltration skills... 2) She is deceptive/sneaky. Her size and age lets her move around nearly unnoticed when she is smart and careful about it

Weaknesses: Her stunted age means her range is short in combat and as an infiltrator she can do little politically. Her undercover work can never be as a government official or anything important

History: Aloette's family is actually distant royalty from the lineage of King Tromor, her father being Geovold the baron of Wawold. They left their royalty behind and sought out the dirge when King Tromor's practices of necromancy affected them directly. When a riot grew out of control in Wawold and the king himself had to get involved Geovold was punished for his inability to resolve the situation. King Tromor cursed his only daughter with vampirism. Seeking a cure and revenge for this monstrous betrayal Geovold took his family and sought out the dirge. They were accepted with open arms and the wealth was a great boon to the cause. Aloette showed great promise in the arts of the Infiltrator and soon enough she learned to control her vampiric urges and use its power to further assist her. This will be Aloette's first official group after 7 years of training

Unfortunately the world map is too big a file to upload here... So here is a link to the map on imgur and I will display it with BB code below but you will definitely need to download it either way and zoom in to be able to read city names and such

Region of Alor

oFMc46d.jpg

Currently accepted characters:

Coordinator:
Elyan ag Mórgwnystrad; 25-year-old Human Male played by Sir Basil

Scouts:
Liandra "Scarlet" Bosch; 20-year-old Human Female played by EmperorsChosen
Mali'Maele Taneashira, 21-year-old Halfling Male played by devil's 4DV0C473

Infiltrators:
Aloette Viscenna; 19-year-old Human/Vampire Female played by Sarokhor
Ghegari Don'orah Greygrim; 26-year-old Half-Orc/Half-Elf Female played by -Vesper-

Doctor:
Harmond Blackwell; 30-year-old Human/Werewolf Male played by -Vesper-

Assassins:
Raven Willow Ashdown; 17-year-old Human/Werecat Female played by neobendium
Mygdos Yakomishe; 22-year-old High Elf/Specter Male played by Yzmael
Kiyoko "Kyo' Sanada; 19-year-old Human/Werewolf Female played by RedArmyShogun

Warriors:
Xarl; 34-year-old Human Male played by Hunter of Shadows
Vera Gambriel; 24-Year-Old Human/Vampire Female played by Akashi
Samuel Grayfon; 17-year-old Half-Elf/Specter Male played by BlueFlameNikku

Last edited by a moderator:
We've got:
1 FEMALE VAMPIRE
1 MALE WEREWOLF
2 MALE HUMANS

• Thank You
Reactions: Esmeray
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Promedai
By the way, if you don't want my Infiltrator slot @Vio I'll most likely make a male half-orc or something.

• Love
I just want to know what my options are when it comes to romance mkaaay~
Just remember, Dr. Blackwell may diagnose you, but he can't cure any STDs dear :P

• Love
Just remember, Dr. Blackwell may diagnose you, but he can't cure any STDs dear :P
I am well aware of his limitations, I'm just saying I like what I've seen so far. xD

But in all seriousness what are the orientations of the current characters? I know it's not like important, but I like to know for various reasons I dont feel like explaining. xD

Lol well Aloette is straight but it's not like she has had many relationships with her appearance being stuck the way it is. Plus there is the bloodsucking fiend part lol

@Vio

You know I'm usually playing a pansexual, unless I go out of my way to announce NO HOMO lol

So if anybody is interested, and I do mean ANYBODY, don't be shy to consult your doctor about it ;)

For official record: Elyan is probably bisexual, with a heavy preference for men. However, I don't think he's a particularly great romance option -- because of his.... odd personality -- but if anybody has interest in going down that path, please send me a PM! Or, alternatively, don't -- and we'll just let it develop naturally!

I'm super excited for this! :D

For official record: Elyan is probably bisexual, with a heavy preference for men. However, I don't think he's a particularly great romance option -- because of his.... odd personality -- but if anybody has interest in going down that path, please send me a PM! Or, alternatively, don't -- and we'll just let it develop naturally!

*clamps hand over own mouth to try and muffle my obvious screams of excitement*

Reactions: Sir Basil
On that note I do encourage romance of course. However do keep in mind I believe there is one teen member among those who requested a slot. And it goes without saying to take things that make others uncomfortable into a PM. I don't think there will be much that makes me uncomfortable enough to say something about it but that's just me. Others might be more sensitive

*clamps hand over own mouth to try and muffle my obvious screams of excitement*
Bish right here is getting excited to cheat on me and my charrie. xD

You know I'm usually playing a pansexual, unless I go out of my way to announce NO HOMO lol

So if anybody is interested, and I do mean ANYBODY, don't be shy to consult your doctor about it ;)
WE SHOULD DO A LOVE TRIANGLE.

• Love
Lol, i'm very excited to see how things turn out in the group. I have a feeling things will be exciting even when not actively engaged in an operation at this rate. Love it!

My assassin is female and straight.

I'll most likely have her up tonight.

I will be making a male that is either bisexual or pansexual.

Greetings! I would love to join in on this story with you all and would gladly fill in the other warrior slot that I believe is open? Please correct me if I am wrong about this. If I'm given the go ahead by the GM I will begin character creation immediately and be done within a day.

Heh~ Roger that. However, I accept your challenge! -starts timer-

Status
Not open for further replies.