Sanctuary

Following Inane out to the car Sky answered, "In a small flat, near Times Square. It's in a walk up." The blonde gave the red head the address and then slid into the car. It might not be what Sky preferred, but it was a nice car.

Sky had decided that if "she" wanted to keep "her" secret safe the writer would only pack baggy clothes. Of course most of Sky's clothes were already baggy, but there were a few things that wouldn't be picked. For one thing, if Sky was to follow Inane for two weeks then the blonde wanted to be comfortable and doubly sure "she" wouldn't be found out. Plus, Sky probably wouldn't be in the office much, and while they had a somewhat lax dress code, Sky missed wearing "her" favorite outfits as much as she used too.

"So, you're an only child but do you have any aunts, uncles, cousins?" Sky asked, deciding to make conversation as they drove.

Inane smiled and started to drive that way, typing the address into the GPS so that she wouldn't get completely turned around. As she drove--much slower since they were in street traffic instead of on the highway--Inane considered the question and then nodded her head. "I have an aunt on my mother's side of the family that was given three kids. How she could go through the pains of labor and child birth three times is beyond me. I don't think I'd ever be able to manage it once. I'm not all that into being in pain," she said with a laugh. "What about you? So far I've heard about an older brother. Any other family?"

Skylar winced at the thought of having three kids, of going through the pain of childbirth that many times. Sky's own mother had done it and the blonde couldn't imagine why. Of course Sky couldn't have kids at all, so that might have had something to do with it. Sky nodded, "Yeah, I have an older sister too ans I have two Uncles on my mom's side and an Aunt on my dad's, though they're all still in France."

"You are from France?" Inane asked with surprised as she turned onto a new street. Grinning when she saw the relatively clogged street before them, she relaxed back and turned on the radio. It would take them a little to get to where they were going thanks to the good old New York style traffic. "My parents were from Georgia, so except from the time I spent in Japan I'm mostly American-made." It was a joke, and she hoped the other girl wouldn't find it too stupid.

Sky laughed, it was kind of a lame joke, but it wasn't the worst and it was funny. The blonde shook her head. "No, I was born here, but both my parents are from France. They came here for school, met and then fell in love." Sky rolled her eyes, "At least that's how they tell it. They married in their last year of university. We go to France about once a year to see everyone."

"Sounds romantic," Inane said with a grin before looking out her window. "I hope someday I find someone like that--a romantic meeting I mean. Twould make my life." She giggled at the silly childhood dream she still held onto before shaking her head as if to banish the thoughts from her mind. "What part of France do they live in? Can you speak French?"

Sky laughed, "Well they've been together for 30 years now, so maybe that has something to do with it. My father is from South France and my mother is from Pairs." Sky nodded, tugging on a lock of blonde hair. "I can speak french fluently, since both my parent's speak it exclusively at home unless they have English speaking guests over. I'm also fluent in Italian. I took lessons from when I was six until I was fifteen." Sky added with a blush.

Inane looked over at her astounded. "A regular scholar of languages we have here folks," she teased before making a turn off of the jam packed street onto another. With a happy-natured sigh she relaxed back again. "So, what else should I know about my house guest?" she asked to the air before grinning, "Do you have a boyfriend? Girlfriend? Someone you'd want to spend time with while you are over at my place?"

Sky snorted at the scholar comment, "Hardly. My parents didn't speak anything else but French at home -it's my first language actually- and I learned English along side it for school. I learned Italian because I thought it was interesting." Skylar blushed. "Err no. No boyfriend or girlfriend. No one special, though my brother might want to come over for a bit if you don't mind. He calls everyday and checks in on me in person once a week you see."

Reactions: 1 person
Inane nodded and smiled. "Your family is welcome to come over if they are as interesting as you are," she agreed before sighing. "I would have thought a talented woman such as yourself would be beating off the male hoards, or feminine hoards, if you are into that sort of things." She tried to get a look around the car in front of her before relaxing back. It would take time but they would get there. And it would give her a chance to feel out Skylar a bit more.

"Hahaha, I'm not that interesting, but my brother certainly is. He's no where near as interesting as you are though." Skylar blushed and let out a giggle, "Really? I'm not that pretty, not like you..." she shook her head. "And I wouldn't say hoards. I get asked out a lot, but I always turn them down. They just aren't what I'm looking for." More like Skylar wasn't what they were looking for, but the blonde wasn't going to mention that.

It was Inane's turn to blush. "You have flattery down to an art Skylar," She said before looking out the window to let her hair hide her blush. "Then I suppose I'll have to be your sister-in-the-fight so to speak. We can bash the brains in of any male fraud that tries to find us, hm?" She smiled over at the woman as she looked down a lesser used street and made a sharp turn, the speeder in her demanding a little release.

Sky shook her head, "It's not really flattery if it's true, but I suppose I do to an extent. You need to get far in this business." Sky raised an eyebrow before laughing. She hadn't taken Inane for some one who would threaten to bash someone's head in. "Really? Well, I do have a baseball bat we could use..." the blonde said with a wicked grin.

"Great minds think alike," Inane said with a laugh and shook her head. "Though my weapon of choice is a sword I got from an old friend from Japan. The blade is dull but it can definitely pack a punch when swung the right way. I'd be happy to show it to you if you want. I just got it out of storage the other day when I finally got a display case for it."

Sky laughed. "I'd love to see it. No guy would dare mess with us now." Sky looked out the window and wondered what was wrong with her. Well besides the obvious things. Skylar never let herself go this much around people she didn't know very well. The fact that the blonde was so relaxed around Inane was a little worrying to Skylar.

Inane grinned and then pulled up next to a building when the GPS told her to. "This the place?" Inane asked, looking up at the building. She didn't fully trust the GPS system at all. She'd had it tell her that her mother's house was in the middle of a lake once.

Sky smiled and glanced at the building. "Yep, this is it. You can stay here if you want; I won't be long." Sky didn't mind wither way if Inane went up to her apartment, it wasn't like the blonde was a slob, but it would be easier and avoid questions if she didn't.

Inane smiled. "I'm up for whatever you want Skylar. I can remain out here if you would rather I not see your home. I don't mind," she answered. She parked the car and relaxed back in the seat as she turned off the car. "I'll be here when you are done."

"Alright, I'll be back soon then."

Skylar grabbed her bag and slid out the car, closing the door behind her and then walked briskly into the building, taking the stairs two at a time to get to the forth floor apartment she owned. Unlocking the door, Skylar walked into the apartment and slipped off her shoes, only sparing a glance at the living room before heading to the bedroom, stopping at the hall closet to grab a duffel bag.

Dropping the open duffel bag on the bed, Sky waled to the dresser and pulled out some comfortable, baggy causal pants and shirts before placing them in the bag. Doing the same for Pajamas. Next were under clothes. The blonde's breasts weren't all that big, but did need some support and Sky preferred boxers to panties. She also grabbed a pair of swim shorts and a large T-shirt to swim in. Skylar wasn't sure what Inane had planned for the two weeks, so she went to the closet and grabbed some dressy clothes just in case the actress had to go to something formal.

Walking to bathroom, Sky grabbed her toothbrush and other totalities along with a few towels. Placing those in the duffel bag, Sky took the suit she'd been wearing earlier out of the messenger bag and tossed it in the hamper. Double checking that her laptop and it's charger were still in the messenger bag, Skylar all but slid to her bookcase and grabbed a few books before tossing them in with laptop. The blonde doubted she'd have anytime to read, but it never hurt to have a few books just in case.

That done, Sky zipped up the duffel bag, slung the other bag over her head and walked back to the door. Pulling on her shoes, Sky gabbed her keys and then went back into the hall. After making sure the door was locked, Sky carried the bags downstairs.

"I'm back." she said with a grin as she placed her stuff in the back of the car before climbing back into the passenger seat. "I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long."

((Sky's apartment. http://www.friendlyrentals.com/en/apartments/newyork/apartment-4610-227.htm))

Inane had spent the time it had taken the woman to go ad get her things going through the various messages that had been left on her turned off phone.

'Call me later I need to speak with you about not answering my call -Dad'
'Hey, party tomorrow evening at my house; lots of hot guys -Kristin'
'Audition go good?' From a friend in Japan.

She looked up when the car door opened. She slipped her phone back into the little dip between the car seats and shook her head. "No, you didn't keep me waiting at all," she answered checked her side mirror before pulling out. With the idea of how to get home she relaxed back and looked over at her passenger. "So I was invited to a party tomorrow, do you feel up to it or would you rather we stay in?"