Sanctuary

Taking another bite, Skylar swallowed before speaking. "Yes well, people who look like that don't have the best relationship with food and just want to get ahead, so it's a good thing you didn't listen to her. Besides at least this is a healthy addiction, you could be addicted to drugs and not food. I see no problem to being addicted to certain food as long as it's not controlling your life. I'm addicted to BLTs myself, I crave one every couple days or so. There's nothing wrong with eating these and chicken with sweet and sour sauce. That woman was nuts. And I'm rambling, I'll just stop now." Skylar said with a blush.

Inane was grinning as the woman rambled on. She found it kind of cute. Not many woman, or men, let themselves ramble on a subject, and Inane was glad that she wasn't the only one that did. "Please, don't stop," she said as she took up her second rangoon and dipped it. Holding it over the sauce so the excess could drip off she tilted her head to the side. "It's the same in Japan. A high portion of Asians are lactose intolerant so I'd get all the glares when I'd walk in with one of their smoothies. But many of the actresses there are skinny-naturally skinny I mean. Beautifully skinny in some cases; a beauty that can't be matched with many other women, like me. So I became addicted to something else so I wouldn't get the glares. I'm a very... friendly girl. I don't like being left our or thought badly of," she admitted as she brought the food to her lips and took it into her mouth, chewing slowly so that she could draw out the taste.

"Ah that's where we differ." Skylar said with a grin, picking up her second rangoon. "See, I'm not a very friendly person. I stuck to myself most of the time. Or my older brother, we're only two years apart so he didn't really mind if I tagged along. Well, he did mind until half way through my second year high school, after that not so much. And I'm rambling again whoops." Taking a bite, Skylar allowed her brain to catch up with her mouth. The reason Sky's brother didn't mind it so much in Skylar's sophomore year was because that was when Sky's secret had been found out by most of the student body and while the blonde's sister had been a bitch about it, Skylar's brother -and eventually his friends- had really helped her out.

"Anyway, the point is, I kept to myself and didn't make a lot of friends and wasn't all that friendly, whereas you were." Skylar said

"Your brother sounds very nice," Inane said with a giggle. "I don't have any siblings, but in Japan there was this upperclassmen, Tyuki-senpai, that would help me out whenever I had problems with classes or other people." Tyuki had been the one to teach her a lot of what she knew about acting. She had valued everything that he'd offered to teach her and still used many of it still. "If I'm not mistaken, Tyuki-senpai is an actor as well. He plays a great bad guy." She took her last piece after chewing the remaining bits of her second with despair.

"There is nothing wrong with having few friends, or very little friends, at least I feel that way. It all depends on your way of living I suppose."

"He is, well as nice as older brothers can be that is," Sky said, finishing off the second piece and taking a sip of water before picking up the last one. These were really good and Sky mentally added it to the 'Things I Like' list. "Ah well I've never really been all that social so having fewer friends is more comfortable for me. That and you tend to get much closer to your friends then the average person if you only have a handful or so." Sky brushed her hair out of her eyes again and grinned. "This Tyuki sounds like a great guy, and people who play bad guys but are nice in real life are always a blast."

"Maybe I can find one of the movies he has and show you when we get to my apartment. He is very talented--one of the best I've ever met," Inane gushed a bit with a smile, remembering long Japanese afternoons practicing with him and the one or two other drama club members that she had counted as friends. "That is," she added with a blush, "If you are interested. If not then I'm sure I can find something else for us to do when we get to my apartment." She looked down at her lap and fidgeted a bit.

She was glad at that moment as her cell went off again. Sliding out of her booth she quickly walked away with a quick 'excuse me I have to take this'. She didn't return until their food had arrived and sat for a good five minutes. She came back with a shame red face and a quiet demeanor. "Sorry about that," she said as she looked at her food as if it weren't really there before she blinked and looked up with a bright smile, though this one was obviously forced to be there.

"I would definitely like to." Sky said with a smile, Inane was adorable when she was flustered. Sky blinked and shook her head, trying to get rid of that last thought. Skylar was supposed to work with this woman, not think she was adorable. "Besides, knowing what you like, dislike and what you do in your spare time is why I'm shadowing you in the first place, so it works out.

When Inane left to take the phone call, Skylar let out a breath and let her head fall back on the booth. These next two weeks were going to be tiring. Not because the writer didn't like Inane, they got along well considering they were forced on one another, but because it was going to be that much more difficult to hide. Skylar didn't like hiding, but it did stop the questions and the hurtful names that usually came with the discovery that Sky was different.

When their food came, Sky waited for Inane to come back, it was only polite after all. When the actress came back, the blonde frowned at the look on her face and when the fake smile appeared, Skylar's frown deepened. "Is everything okay?"

"E-Everything is fine," Inane answered as she stared at her sweet and sour chicken that didn't seem to hold as much allure as it had a few moments before. Slowly she picked up the fork she had received and started to take a bite of the meat. As she chewed slowly, the redness of her face faded and she looked over at Skylar with a less fake smile. "Have you tried your food yet?" She wanted to change the subject. Her discomfort from the phone call wasn't important enough for them to discuss around a dining table.

The conversation she had on the phone haunted her though. Her mother had wanted to know--demanded to know--why she had not found a man yet. It had been a long conversation and her mother still didn't understand that Inane had simply not found the right person yet. Her mother's gasp of indignation when Inane had said 'person' instead of 'man' had been enough to make Inane wish she had never left Sky alone at the table and had just ignored the call.

Sky made a humming noise in the back of her throat. It was clear that Inane was lying, but it was also clear that it was a touchy subject and the blonde was in no mood to put the new friendship between her and the actress on shaky ground so Skylar didn't bring it up.

Skylar blinked. "Ah, no." With a blush the writer picked up the fork, "I was waiting for you, it's only polite after all." Sky took a bite and sighed happily. This was absolute heaven.

Inane relaxed a little and giggled as the other girl sighed. AS she relaxed the food in her mouth began to take on the tastes that they were supposed to and she soon lost herself in her own sigh of delight as the sweet and sour chicken exploded in taste in her mouth. "Good food hmm?" She asked with a laugh before she took a sip of her water and started to eat the rice. Even the rice was good, she felt. After all, how many people could honestly say that sweet and sour sauce on white rice wasn't delicious? Not very many she said.

"Would you like to try some of the chicken?" she asked, looking over at her table-mate as she offered her plate. "I have more than enough and truly, if those noddles are any good, these are heavenly.

Skylar blinked, this was new. This was the first time someone - who wasn't a family member - had ever offered to share their food with the blonde, but seeing as how Sky had never really been that close to anyone to feel comfortable enough to be sharing food with them, that was somewhat understandable. Then again, Sky had just met Inane a little less than an hour ago... Inane had said she was a friendly person though, which probably had something to do with it.

Skylar smiled. "Sure. Thank you." Taking a sip of water, Sky took her fork and picked up a piece of chicken, popping it into her mouth and chewed slowly. Eyes widening, the writer swallowed. "That's really good."

Inane was laughing brightly at her look of amazement and took another piece of her food and popped it into her mouth to chew happily. Maybe these two weeks weren't going to be so bad? Inane wasn't easily taken out of bad mood (on the rare occassion that she got into one), but Skylar, either purposefully or not, had been able to help her out and make her laugh far more than most people.

"I'm glad you like it. In all honesty I'd eat this each day of my life if I could get away with it. But, they aren't the healthiest so I've settled with at least once a week to satisfy my cravings for it," Inane told the woman as she turned her attention to the white rice and scooped some that had quite a bit of sauce on it into her mouth. Inane was someone that didn't mind sharking food with whomever she was with. Someone had once told her that that wasn't proper etiquette, but she didn't care. If she had something good on her plate, she wanted others to see how good it tasted if they didn't have of their own.

((Sorry it took so long and that this isn't my best. I hit a huge block with everything for a couple days and then I haven't been feeling very well at all the past two days. Having your brand new tongue ring accidentally torn out twice in two days will do that to you.))

Skylar grinned, pleased that Inane was out of her mood. It didn't seem to take much, but maybe it was just luck; Sky didn't know Inane very well after all. "Like said, I'll eat almost anything at least once. Though I'll definitely have this again." The blonde took a bite of her own food, savoring the taste of the shrimp fried rice. It had been forever since the blonde had had this, and Sky wondered why she hadn't had it again before now.

"Eating this once a week to get rid of your cravings is a good idea. I do that with BLT's and as my family can agree, I can get very mean if I don't satisfy it." The blonde smiled a little, "It's kind of funny actually, they have a code for it and everything."

((Tis all right. >< I can understand things not going to plan))

Inane grinned and continued to eat as she considered the other young woman. "Your family sounds rather smart. I can understand not being able to satisfy a craving. It can play havoc on the rest of your life. I once went a whole year without this delicious food. by the end of it I kept thinking about it to the point of obsession. I was busy working on a production and they needed me to stay a certain weight or the costume wouldn't fit. Worst year of my life," the young woman said with a giggle.

Inane fell quiet and let the blonde eat as she scooped rice into her mouth. She relaxed back until her phone went off again. Her eyes closed in frustration before she hit the ignore button without even looking at who it had been that called before turning it off. "I am terribly sorry about all the phone calls. They tend to act like I'm not really busy with anything every time they call."

Skylar winced sympathetically, "That sounds awful." The blonde couldn't imagine going a whole year with out a BLT, it wouldn't have been possible. "You must have a lot of willpower then. I wouldn't have been able to do that."

The writer jumped slightly, not expecting it, when Inane's phone went off for the third time since Skylar had joined her. "It's okay, I understand, don't worry about it. Parents, family, want what's best for you and want you to succeed, but they want all your time for themselves and then get offended when you say you're busy. It's frustrating."

Inane smiled over at Skyler and then laughed. "Exactly. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that has that problem. I thought for a while that it was just because of my family moving around so much that they were like that," she answered before finishing her food and tilting her head to the side. She considered the other woman for a few moments before sitting back and taking a sip of her water. "So I honestly don't have any plans for the day, what are you up to doing? I mean, I know we have to stop by your apartment and grab your clothes and other need for living peacefully items, but is there anything you'd like to do? All my treat. It's the least I can do what with you being stuck with me for the next couple of weeks."

Skylar laughed, "You are far from the only one. My parents do it and they have three kids. I imagine it's worse for you as you're an only child." The blonde took the last few bites of food before thinking of her answer to Inane's question. What did Skylar feel like doing? That was a good question. With a shrug Sky looked back at the woman. "I'm not sure," Skylar looked down with a small blush, "I don't get out much, so I don't really know... so you can choose."

Inane pulled out some money and put it on the tray that the waitress brought with their check. "Keep the change dear," she said as the woman said she'd return with their change. Her eyes were kind as she looked back at her water and drained the glass. "Well, I suppose I've been having the urge to swim. If you don't mind swimming, then we could use the pool in my apartment building. Most people that live there are out during the day so we shouldn't run into anyone. It's up on the roof and heated." Her eyes sparkled as she watched the ice in the glass. "But if you don't like to swim, I'm sure we can do something else."

Sky grinned. The blonde hadn't been swimming in a while... but then there was the issue of hiding, but Sky really wanted to swim. Would Inane say anything if Skylar wore a pair of swim shorts and an over-sized top? Skylar didn't think so, but... and wha about changing? Oh screw it, the blonde wanted to swim, and dammit she was going to swim. At least there wasn't going to be a lot of people.

"Sounds good to me. Let's go"

Inane smiled and she rose from the table, pulling her bag with her before turning and leading the way out of the restaurant. "Where do you live then?" she asked as she turned towards her car. She pulled the flyer that had been put on her car off and folded it cleanly and put it inside the car's glove compartment before relaxing back into her seat as she sought around in her purse for her keys. Eventually she found them and turned the car on before turning on a GPS system just in case.