[fieldbox="summary.28, goldenrod, solid, 10"]_Name______tentate sernom
_Age___________________29
_Sex_______________female
_DoB________28th November
_Class______________lower[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="appearance.1000, blue, solid, 10"]_Weight____________157lbs
_Height______________6'5"
_Detail___
____________officer tentate's hair is often dyed white and tied back into a short ponytail. the entire lower half of her face (mouth, jaw, nose) has been replaced by mechanical plates, roughly colored the same tone as her pale skin. her eyes are silver from further augments. exceptionally tall and lithe. bulky but lightweight shoulder augments with '28' written on them hold fully mechanical arms, all painted a bright hazard yellow. lower body and legs appear normal when covered by clothes, but removal would show that tentate's hips and legs are also fully mechanical. also painted the same shade of yellow. black cords link mechanical aspects to the base of her neck. her body constanty emits a low hum.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="personal.108, goldenrod, solid, 10"]_Psych____
____________slow to lead but quick to follow, tentate is not one to question orders from those in authority. kind and helpful when left to her own devices, she has and will do acts in direct opposition to her own morals when prompted. such deeds rarely burden her with much guilt, quickly written off as simply doing her job and outside her control. due to the emotionless quality her augments give to her face and voice, tentate is often quiet to avoid being misinterpreted, which only feeds further into the apparent lack of emotion. but in truth, difficulty in physically expressing emotion does not she is devoid of it. she enjoys being around others, listening to them talk and laugh and cry, no matter how hard it is for her to manage the same.

it can be difficult to gauge where tentate stands on various issues. the more divisive a subject, the more thoroughly she avoids choosing a side. and when she does, it is rarely a hill she's prepared to die on, quick to change her mind to match that of those around her. at least outwardly. yet despite her tendencies to try and mirror others, or perhaps because of it, tentate holds a deep paranoia about the loss of self. and so, despite her numerous augmentations, she has always avoided anything related to the mind. especially anything that isn't a closed system, worried about the possibility of others taking control of her mind away from her.

_Bio______
____________during her childhood, tentate was absurdly tall and gangly to the point where it caused health issues. joints were loose and prone to misalignment, and her heart was overworked trying to get her blood where it needed to be. as a lower class citizen, solutions were limited, and what ones were available were seedy and untrustworthy. risk averse and law abiding, those options were quickly ruled out by tentate and her family, which left two routes. one was to continue on as-is, accepting a life full of injury and ill-health. the other was to join the police.

one of the benefits offered to law enforcement officers was that in addition to training, they offered minimal body augmentations to bring their recruits up to the desired level of capability. and minimal augmentations were all tentate needed to strengthen her joints and heart. not to mention she found the authority over her comforting. her obedient nature won her over with her superiors, while her helpful demeanour won her over with the citizens who often regarded the police as only another source of corruption. there were exceptions. times when tentate was asked to arrest the blatantly innocent, or turn a blind eye to the blatantly guilty, but those weren't her decisions to make. just a part of the job.

every spare scrap of her pay went into furthering her augmentations, as tentate relished the newfound feeling of having a fully functioning body. with each addition, her capabilities grew in tandem, until eventually private security firms began headhunting her services. the better pay offered by them also went into superior augmentations, creating a feedback loop of better job opportunities leading into ever more job opportunities. the pay was never close enough to break the barriers between classes - nowhere close - but still was enough to gradually improve her quality of life. until eventually, the feedback loop of higher and higher end security and enforcement jobs led to tentate being offered a job at the new and mysterious sanctuary.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="capabilities.300, blue, solid, 10"]_Powers______________none
_Glow________________none
_Augments____________
____________Ocular Lenses - a full scale rework of tentate's eyes, the augmentation offers a variety of benefits: nightvision, blacklight, heatvision, 15x optical zoom, VR support, info and data overlay, photos, and video.
____________System Management - some of the data available to tentate and her ocular augments include: time, temperature, compass, GPS, power levels, system reports, etc. notably, unlike other similar technologies, tentate's has no wireless capabilities and relies entirely on an internal closed system to avoid tampering.
____________Powered Endoskeleton/Mechanical Limbs - tentate's body is highly resilient to major injury, can deadlift upwards of 1000lbs, and can support almost 3x that before warping.[/fieldbox][/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr]

Last edited:
"how does she eat if she doesn't have a mouth?" one may ask. well, behind the main face plate is obviously this
dDUjxtB.gif

Weeee another cop

Have you turned off the RTE?

RTE?

...is that a magic button to make everything stop spazzing on me? If it is, pls halp meh

RTE?

...is that a magic button to make everything stop spazzing on me? If it is, pls halp meh

It's the rich text editor. Any time you use complex bbcode with the RTE turned on, the code gets jumbled cause it doesn't understand anything beyond simple code.

RTE?

I've found that you can't edit a tabbed post at all. I have to keep the entire coded content somewhere else and edit there and periodically replaces the entire post to see if it's working. But once something's posted, you either replace the entire thing or the tabs die and multiply themselves for no apparent reason when you try to edit small things (even if you just click edit and then save without changing a thing).

RTE aka Rich Text Editor is the default mode of the text box. Click here to turn on the code-friendly mode which while does not guarantee that your code'll work will definitely gives the system less chance to mess your codes over.
upload_2018-3-10_16-34-11.png
Unless you already know that and was being sarcastic and I'm just being redundent...

@Kuno go to preferences and turn Rich Text Editor off before editing your CS. It’ll save you a great deal of headache. Basically, anytime you’re about to post with anything more complicated than what comes preset on the top of the posting window, turn off the Rich Text Editor first.

I've found that you can't edit a tabbed post at all. I have to keep the entire coded content somewhere else and edit there and periodically replaces the entire post to see if it's working. But once something's posted, you either replace the entire thing or the tabs die and multiply themselves for no apparent reason when you try to edit small things (even if you just click edit and then save without changing a thing).

RTE aka Rich Text Editor is the default mode of the text box. Click here to turn on the code-friendly mode which while does not guarantee that your code'll work will definitely gives the system less chance to mess your codes over.
View attachment 156666
Unless you already know that and was being sarcastic and I'm just being redundent...
It's best to turn it off in your Iwaku preferences, like Red suggested, but this works decently as well.

It doesn't work, however, if it's an existing document you go back in to edit! Which is why turning it off in your preferences is best.

Reactions: Red Thunder
Those mentioned below are accepted into the roleplay!

@Elle Joyner
@Doctor Jax
@Madman in The Attic
@Red Thunder
@Bears
@Shizuochan
@Effervescent
@HerziQuerzi
@Kuno
@Starlighter
@Sairento

And those mentioned below are to be accepted upon a few edits/alterations to the CS. You have three days time to complete these alterations, otherwise, your spot will be lost.

@Pahn - We feel your character's powers might be a bit too limited, but that's up to you if you want to change it!
@Jays - Your CS was a wonderful read, but we just wanted to make sure that you’ll be posting IC in third person!
@winnie - So, your background is a little bit messy, it seems like you might've changed ideas halfway through? You'll need to read it over and clarify. We're also going to need you to pick between metal manipulation or magnetism manipulation - both those powers alone are extremely powerful and we feel that together it's too much.

If you don't see your name on this list, thank you for the interest. If you would like to know why, please send @rissa and I a private iwaku message. Those accepted will be forwarded a discord link.

I’d like to reiterate that this upcoming week is, unfortunately, a busy one for me. I’ll be home at like, 9pm everyday, so I won’t have a lot of time to get this running until next week. :( So once you guys get onto the discord, I’ll be leaving you with a few character development prompts that I can build on when I get back! And we’ll get this party started.

@Pahn - We feel your character's powers might be a bit too limited, but that's up to you if you want to change it!
Oh my jeez!

How about including liquids and gases then? I like to think it still requires a lot of concentration + knowledge to use her powers, but perhaps enlarging the scope of it would be advantageous? (tagging @rissa in case cloudy is already gone)

Reactions: rissa
Oh my jeez!

How about including liquids and gases then? I like to think it still requires a lot of concentration + knowledge to use her powers, but perhaps enlarging the scope of it would be advantageous? (tagging @rissa in case cloudy is already gone)
Sounds gravy to us!

• Thank You
Reactions: Pahn
Milkkenbohn can transmute anything that is a solid, liquid, and gas material. For gas, she can use the chemical components in the air for small things, but requires tanks of said gas if a larger quantity is needed in the recipe.
Here's the edited part!

Oh, I will definitely be posting IC in third person. The first person Cs is only because it matched the noir-esque vibe I was feeling at the time, and also to change it up so my CS isn't too much of a boring read.

Will work on editing the CS today! I shall post here once I’m done so it can be checked over agai :3 thanks so much!

Reactions: CloudyBlueDay
Despite tye fact I didn't get picked, I'm glad I got the chance to make him, I wish you luck with your roleplay

• Thank You
Reactions: CloudyBlueDay
@Elle Joyner @Jays @Red Thunder @Joan

Bless your hearts ;-; Thanks for the help! I was able to fix it now, so hopefully everything looks coherent.

I can't believe my last minute CS made it...>_>

• Love
Reactions: Kuno