Samurai RP Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hologram Summer

I've been craving for a good samurai RP recently and I was wondering if anyone else would be interested. If you're interested in joining an RP with this theme?

-= PREMISE =-

Qq6MByC.jpg

The RP is set in during the early years of the Edo period. After the Tokugawa clan rose to power, they started a sword hunt (confiscation of weapons) under the pretense of maintaining the nation's newfound peace. Those who could not lay down their weapon were stripped of their Japanese citizenship and banished to a secluded island off the coast of Edo. As time passed, the island attracted criminals and other outcasts who wanted to escape the rules of the shogunate. The island's reputation for being a lawless paradise for crime and murder eventually gave birth to its common name, Ritenkyo (the capital abandoned by heaven). At present the island is ruled by the Three Blades of Dominion - fearsome swordsmen (and/or swordswomen) of varying origins that oversee the activities on the island.

The RP will have several scenarios ranging from a civil war within the island, a raid by the shogunate, natural disasters like tsunamis, etc.

-= WHAT TO EXPECT =-

1. Minimal historical accuracy. If you're the type of player who nitpicks historical accuracy, I'm afraid this won't be your cup of tea. There will be some references here and there but nothing that will require you to jump to Wikipedia.Think Samurai Shodown, Rurouni Kenshin or Soul Calibur and you'll get some idea of the atmosphere that I'm aiming for in this RP.

2. Anime physics and logic. I'm a sucker for unique and interesting character designs so let's throw realism out the window for a second. However, please don't get carried away and throw an Ichigo expy into the mix. Again, consider the examples I gave on number one to get some idea on how things will play out.

3. Character death (but only with the player's consent).

4. Violence and gore. (MLP this ain't)

5. No one liners or even two/three liners at that. Please try to compose at least 2 paragraphs per post.

6. Romance and Intimacy is welcomed but let's leave the pillow talk in the Libertine forums, kay?

-= CHARACTERS =-

I only have a couple of rules when it comes to character creation. Number one, strictly human characters only. Number two, your character must fit in to the setting although, this rule can be overlooked if you can provide a good explanation. Aside from those two rules, you have free reign in making your character. You can be a samurai, a rounin, a blacksmith, a criminal on the run, a shogunate spy, a prostitute, and anything else you could think of.

Please note that if you want to be one of the Three Blades of Dominion it will be a first come, first serve basis. I will be playing as one of the Three Blades of Dominion which leaves two spots open for those interested.

So what do you think? Interested? Have some questions for me? Have some suggestions for the RP? Feel free to leave them here or send me a private message. Whatever floats your boat~

Last edited:
I'm seeing Samurai Champloo fit inside this. (Without the Hip hop, sadly.)

Yay more people!

@Tensa Hiruma
I forgot about Samurai Champloo! I agree that a lot of its elements will fit in this RP but probably not the more modern stuff.

Oh course. Samurai champloo because Edo period. XD

I'll set up the sign-up thread tomorrow so everyone can start creating their characters. The RP's first main storyline will be determined by the character roster. I'll try to get every character involved.

Samurai Champloo fans, I'm in!

Yeah you can put me down as interested as well.

I am definitely down for making an antagonist for this rp ^_^.

Color me intrigued--I particularly like the specific setting, limiting in a creative way.

Hey there. Are you still looking for more people? I have two samurai characters that can fit for this rp ^^

We sure are so go right ahead.

Yes we are! Just follow the link above to our ooc and sign-up thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.