[Samuel x Roman]

r o m a n
Maybe it was the assertion that Samuel loved him despite all of his flaws. Maybe it was seeing Samuel so close to tears. Whatever the reason, Roman burst into tears again, because he had never felt more loved by another human being in the entirety of his life.

"Oh my God -- I love you so much," he almost choked, letting go of Samuel's hands but only to wrap both of his arms around his boyfriend to pull him close and bury his face in his shoulder. There he stayed for a few moments, crying uncontrollably as he held Samuel close, one arm still around him with the fingers of the other hand knotted in Samuel's soft curls.

"I love you, Samuel -- I love everything about you. I love your passion for things you love, I love how nice you are, I love how you put other people before yourself even if you deserve all the happiness in the world."
Roman sniffled, kissed his boyfriend on the neck and closed his eyes for a moment.

"You deserve everything. You deserve the best, but I'm selfish, so I'm going to have to keep you."

It was kind of a relief to feel Roman so close, not having to keep a distance, even if he was back to crying. And Samuel really couldn't hold the tears back anymore either. In contrast to Roman's, though, his tears were silent ones, save the occasional sniffle, and they were gone and dry by the time Roman started talking again, since the only reason they had been there, to begin with, was because it hurt to see Roman hurt. But also because Roman telling him he loved him never failed to make him feel warm inside.

"Well, I wouldn't ever want to be with anyone else" Samuel mumbled, to him Roman truly was the best, and sometimes Samuel wasn't even sure he did deserve someone like him. "so please be however selfish you want"

He was quiet for a moment, just feeling his boyfriend pressed against him, his own arms still wrapped around him. He loved Roman so much and Samuel just wanted him to always be happy, but that just wasn't what life was. Sometimes life was crying on the floor of a hospital bathroom. And when that was what life was Samuel would be there for Roman, just like he knew Roman would be there for him.

"oh, and yeah, I also love the fact that you're super hot'" Samuel added in an attempt to bring up the mood a little, his voice didn't change much in tone from the last time he spoke though and sounded more like a quiet mumble than something joking, "but that's just a nice bonus"

r o m a n
Roman let out a small chuckle. "Thanks," he said, turning his head to kiss Samuel on the cheek. "You're super hot, too. So you're probably going to be stuck with me forever. Sorry."

After Roman had calmed down, the two boys left the bathroom and went back to London's room. Ingrid told Roman that Blake and Elliot had had to go, so it was just the family -- by this point, Evan and Samuel were definitely considered family -- there with London. Stellan had arrived and was obviously angry over what had happened to his baby girl, but he was calmer than Roman had been.

When Roman and Samuel stepped into the room, London was awake, sitting up on the hospital bed. She had apparently requested Evan sit with her, so she was curled up against his chest, and considerably brightened up when her twin arrived.

"Hey."

"Hey," Roman said, sitting at her feet. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired." London was rubbing her stomach. "And your niece or nephew appears to be tired, too, because I'm not being assaulted from the inside, for once."

After Roman was calmer they went to join the rest of the Hemlocks plus Evan, finally getting to see London awake again.

When Roman sat Samuel kept standing but kept as close to him as possible, because somehow even being a couple of feet away felt wrong after the comfort his boyfriend had just needed.

He was glad they were back to talk with London though. Not only because seeing her awake and okay, albeit tired, was a lot more reassuring of her wellbeing than just hearing a doctor saying it, but also because Samuel knew it would make Roman feel better.

"at least we know they're gonna be amazing at soccer with all the kicking " Evan joked half-heartedly, he sounded tired as well, far from as tired as London. Samuel figured everyone was at least a little tired from all the stressing and worrying, Samuel knew for sure he was at least. He still let out a small and breathy chuckle at his friend's silly words though.

r o m a n
"Or a dancer," London said hopefully, rubbing her stomach. Roman knew that his sister was slightly dismayed over the fact that she could no longer do the dancing she had done for years. She was a very talented ballerina, but due to her pregnancy, she had had to put her hobby on hold for a while.

"Yeah, I'd prefer a dancer," Roman said, automatically approving of any artform over any sport. He leaned over and put a hand on his twin's belly. "Hey, you listening, squirt? You'd better inherit my artistic genes."

"It's not even your kid, and artistic genes aren't real."

"Excuse me, we are twins, therefore he or she has to inherit at least a couple of my traits. Oh, shit, Evan, didn't think of that, did you? What if he or she has my eyes and not yours?" Roman teased his sister's boyfriend, smirking up at him. And thus their petty war began.

Evan really did look a little surprised for a moment, as if he really hadn't thought about that. Then his expression to a slight scowl as he stared intently at Roman for a moment.

"Blue eyes are more dominant than green right?" Evan looked over at Samuel for confirmation, like he often did when he wondered about things they had gone through in class at some point but that he didn't really listen to.

"I'm pretty sure it's like fifty-fifty," Samuel said, chuckling lightly at Evan's attempt to get the upper hand, "sorry, dude"

In Samuel's opinion Roman had the prettiest eyes in the world, so Evan shouldn't have to be concerned about that at all, but it was obviously a matter of principle.

"… Well, it's still more likely he or she will get London's eyes, so whatever"

r o m a n
"Nah," London chuckled, shaking her head at her boyfriend and the father of her child. "I mean, honestly, I hope he or she get's Roman's eyes, they're fucking gorgeous and I've always wished I had them."

"Don't be ridiculous, you're beautiful," Roman immediately chastised his twin.

"The point is," London continued to Evan, "Roman and I share, like, sixty-five percent of the same genetics -- the only differences are eyes, height and gender. So don't be surprised if the baby ends up looking a lot like him. We are twins, after all."

Roman gave Evan a triumphant smirk, truly and genuinely happy to have proven a point here and won a little over Evan. Of course, the baby would have more of Evan's genes than Roman's, but Roman shared most of his genetics with London. So, he still won a little.

It was kind of funny to see Evan's face change between a scowl and the softest look ever within seconds as he turned to listen to London.

"Well the baby better get a majority of your genes from the rest" Evan stopped to make sure he got the counting right in his head before continuing "thirty-five percent, then."

"You can't dictate genetics, you dumbass" Samuel chuckled at his friend again, "Besides, I'm on London's side, you should be happy about Roman's genes, have you seen how good he looks?"

Evan rolled his eyes.

"No, I can't say I've checked out your boyfriend, Samuel."

Evan was being ridiculously stubborn and Roman unnecessarily teasing but Samuel found their back and forths both as amusing as usually but also kind of comforting, it was a sign of normalcy after everything that had gone down that day.

r o m a n
"Shit, Evan, even I know how gorgeous he is, but probably because I'm used to being the ugly twin by now," London said with a shrug.

"Hey," Roman snapped. He reached over, cupped his sister's face in his hand and turned her head so she could see his stern expression. "You are not the ugly twin. You're not ugly at all. You're absolutely beautiful and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise."

It was no secret that Roman was gorgeous. He knew it, everyone knew it, but London was absolutely beautiful too. He wouldn't let her think she wasn't.

London gave a weak smile and shook her head, which broke Roman's heart. He looked at Evan.

"Tell her."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Of course," Evan said as if he hadn't planned on doing anything else, and if the sad look his face had taken on while London had been putting herself down was an indication of anything it was that he really wasn't going to let her do that.

"London, you are the most beautiful person in the world." Evan reached out to tuck some of her hair behind her ear, then he leaned in to kiss her temple, before continuing, "You're as far from ugly anyone could ever get, you have the prettiest eyes, the cutest smile, the most adorable nose, and you're just so perfect."

If there was one thing Roman and Evan seemed to agree on it was that London deserved absolute happiness and all the love in the world. Of course, Samuel agreed with that too, London was his friend and she truly was too nice and pretty to think otherwise, but he would let the two people who were closer to her reassure her.

"'cus you're you, and you are perfect"

r o m a n
Roman found it absolutely appalling how low London's self-esteem was. He knew she was absolutely beautiful and perfect in every way, but because of the actions and words of others, she wasn't able to see that herself. Her ex-friends had spread nasty rumours about her and put her down. Her ex-boyfriend had hit her and body-shamed her. The only people who had consistently complimented her and gave her the love she deserved throughout her entire life were their parents, Brooklyn, and, of course, Roman.

But Roman was probably the biggest reason she felt like this. Roman looked like an angel descended from heaven and people liked to compare his stunning looks with his sister's, and while Roman thought London was much better looking than him, the general public seemed to disagree, hence the branding of the 'ugly' twin. Roman hated that. He hated that he was the reason his sister wasn't happy with herself.

London gave Evan a small smile and kissed him on the cheek. "Thanks, baby," she murmured, pressing her forehead to the side of his face before looking back at Roman. "And thanks to you, too, I know you really believe it."

Her unspoken words, I don't, hung in the air.

Roman leaned in to his sister and looked up at her intently. "You need to let Ryan go, okay, bubba?" he murmured, assuming Evan knew about London's abusive ex since London had said she'd told him. "The fucker never deserved you and now you have someone who might be a dumbass who knocked you up --" London chuckled at that "--but would never hurt you. He loves you, even I can see that."

Samuel couldn't remember if Roman had ever mentioned London's abusive ex by name, but it wasn't hard to put two and two together. Evan obviously knew about him too since he seemed to pull his girlfriend closer as soon as the name was uttered.

"Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen him love a person more" Samuel added for extra confirmation. And it was true. For obvious reasons Evan had dated significantly more people than Samuel in the past but Samuel had never seen him look at anyone in quite the same way he looked at London. Never with the same amount of adoration or love.

And that was good because if someone like London couldn't see herself for how pretty she was she deserved as many people as possible to remind her.

"I haven't" Evan nodded "And you have your family who loves you so, so, much, those are the kind of people whose opinion you should take to heart, the people who truly loves you"

r o m a n
Everyone was peppering London with love and reassurance and finally the beautiful girl cracked a proper smile, and as if on cue, her twin beamed, too. Twin telepathy probably wasn't real but Roman and London were pretty dang close. Roman loved that, he loved being close with his sister.

"I love you, too," she said quietly to Evan, arching her neck back a little to kiss him on the lips. She then looked back to Roman and leaned forward to give him a hug. "And I love you. And I love Samuel, too, you're all amazing."

"You're amazing," Roman corrected.

Soon, Stellan came in a whirl of very mixed emotions, the most predominant one being concern for his baby girl, though London insisted on not pressing charges and she couldn't even name the girls because she didn't know them. They were allowed to take her home, everyone riding in the minivan and pulling up to the Hemlock household, after they'd gotten takeaway KFC for dinner to treat the emotionally exhausted twins.

"Carry me?" London playfully requested of her boyfriend as Ingrid and Stellan carried the KFC bags inside.

London smiled and it was nice to see her happy again, and it was nice to know that that, in turn, would make both Roman and Evan happy as well. Another thing that would get all of the teens happy was the KFC they picked up on the way home, and everyone was excited to get out of the car and have a nice meal in the comfort of the Hemlock household.

When London asked to be carried inside Evan obliged without any complaints, swooping her up with ease by himself now that he no longer was emotionally distraught over her wellbeing.

"You think I'd let you walk?" He said jokingly and gave her a kiss on the cheek "Never"

"I want a boyfriend that can carry me too" Samuel sighed dramatically and nudged Roman with his elbow. Samuel was pretty sure he weighed more than Roman despite being shorter though, so it really wasn't happening anytime soon. But he was joking and didn't actually care. He just had to admit it was really adorable how Evan could carry London places when she was tired.

r o m a n
Two days had passed, and in those two days Roman had decided that if he ever saw that stupid bitch who had shoved London again, it would be too soon. Unfortunately, they sort of went to school with her, so seeing her was rather unavoidable.

He had found out from Bella that the girl's name was Andrea, so when Roman, Samuel, London, Evan, Bella, Elliot and Blake passed Andrea, her evil friend Stacey and the rest of their friendship group, Roman didn't even think about it before he struck.

"Hey, Andrea!" he called out, not even bothering to stop as himself and his small group of friends passed the larger group. Andrea looked up, and she immediately looked terrified.

"How's your nose?"

Andrea had clearly tried to cover up the bruises with makeup but this had been unsuccessful and instead just left her looking like a cake-face, which Roman thought was slightly amusing. He stopped, and so did the rest of the group, and Roman let go of Samuel's hand to approach the larger group alone.

"Ooh, you look scared, don't you?"
he teased, flicking her on the forehead before wiping his fingers off on his shirt as if he had contracted a disease from her. "I wonder what your friends would say if they learned you'd shoved a pregnant woman? You know she passed out, right? Adrenaline rush? Had to be taken to hospital and put under a shitton of IVs and ultrasounds and X-rays ..."

It wasn't really surprising when Roman just kind of decided to confront the girl, whose name they had learned was Andrea, when passing her and her friends in the hallway two days later.

Samuel was about to take his hand again and pull him back when he let go and started to walk up to them, he didn't want his boyfriend to get in trouble, no matter how much that girl deserved to be called out on her bullshit. But Evan gave him a look that said "don't you fucking dare stop him", so Samuel didn't. He supposed that he could let him since now that a couple of days had passed he would be able to think reasonably enough not to do anything too stupid.

The other girl, Stayce, the one who hadn't pushed London but been just as terrible looked equally as terrified of Roman as Andrea, even if she wasn't the one currently being addressed.

When Roman actually said what the girl had done everyone was silent for a very short moment, everyone either waiting for a reaction or just processing what had happened.

"You didn't do that right?" One of her friends finally said, but even she seemed to realize it wouldn't really make sense for someone they didn't talk to, to accuse her of something like that at random "…Why would you do that?"

"Yeah, what the fuck, Andrea?" Another one of the girls said, a lot harsher than the first one. Stayce, of course, stayed completely silent as their friends rightfully turned against Andrea.

r o m a n
Andrea looked horrified and even more so when her friends turned on her. "I - I - I didn't mean to hurt her! I was just --"

"What? Taking advantage of an emotionally vulnerable pregnant woman? Verbally abusing her to plump up your pathetically low self-esteem?" Roman's words were calm, calculated, and cutting. He had absolutely no problems with speaking his mind to this girl in particular because she did not deserve any condolences or special treatment. She was a bitch, and there was no denying it.

"I can't imagine what kind of sick thoughts you must have that make you feel the need to torment pregnant ladies," Roman continued. He looked up at Stacey. "You're no better, either, you were there. You were teasing her too."

Stacey paled and looked around at her friends as if terrified that they would turn on her as well as Andrea. Roman hoped they would.

One of the girls, the milder one who had spoken first looked at her other friend with the same disbelief as she had with Andrea. Then she carefully turned her head to Roman, then over to the spot where Samuel and the rest of the gang were standing letting her gaze stop at London, before going back to looking at Stacey and Andrea.

"That's really not okay" she decided and looked over to the louder girl for agreement. She nodded.

"you two keep acting like you're better than other people all the time, " She said, "but then you do shit like this,"

At least the rest of their friends seemed to be decent enough people to realize that the two weren't acting like decent human beings. Or maybe they didn't want to come under fire by Roman, but in Samuel's eye, it really seemed that they had had previous trouble with the girls' attitudes.

"fuck this. C'mon let's go, I don't want to deal with their bullshit anymore" the girl addressed the rest of the group and turned to leave Andrea and Stacey to fend for themselves, the rest of the girls followed, not as sure in their steps but obviously not wanting to stay in close proximity to the tall brother of the girl their friends had been mean to.

r o m a n
Roman smirked triumphantly as all the girls' friends left them, leaving the two bullies alone to fend for themselves. Stacey looked like she was about to cry and Andrea looked like she was in shock, like she had never believed that her friends could just abandon her like that. Roman was happy, because they both deserved it.

"Have a nice day," Roman said pleasantly to the two girls, petting Andrea on the top of the head before he turned on his heel and returned to his friends.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly satisfied," London said with a bright smile. She stood on her tiptoes and Roman leaned down a little so she could kiss him on the cheek.

"Anything for you."

Samuel would be lying if he said seeing Andrea and Stacey without the rest of their friends in the hallways wasn't something that brought up his mood a little every time the next couple of days.

But despite the two girls getting what they deserved and London being alright things weren't as good as they should be. There was still the pressing matter of Willow being in a situation she shouldn't be and that wasn't something they could ignore since she was Elliot's sister and it obviously affected him. And it's not like it was something they'd want to ignore either. Even if Willow hadn't been someone they knew it would have been something they would feel obligated.

Roman had decided they would get his dad and finally talk to her, which was a pretty good idea since that meant getting an adult involved, even if Stellan couldn't legally intervene without any evidence. So with that everyone who felt like they could help joined to talk to Willow over at the Hemlock's at a time when Elliot could get his sister to come over, which was about a week after Roman had confronted Andrea and Stacey.

In all honesty, Samuel wasn't entirely sure what he was doing there since he didn't really know the girl, but he supposed he didn't want Roman to potentially have to bring up bad memories while he wasn't there to support him. And the thought of someone being abused and not trying to help in some way at all really didn't sit well with Samuel, for pretty obvious reasons.