[Samuel x Roman]

r o m a n
"Yep," said Matilda pleasantly. She was a very nice girl and Roman liked her a lot, in a platonic way of course, since he had Samuel now. "It's very nice to meet you."

Soon it was time to get the shirts off the lines and wring them out. Roman lead Samuel up to the shirts, handed him his and undid all the elastics. He wrung out the garment to reveal a stunning tie-dye shirt with the colours of the bisexual flag.

"I am content with my work," Roman said proudly. He leaned down to kiss Samuel on the lips. "And I am content with my amazing perfect boyfriend."

"Aww you're sweet, I am very happy I have such a sweet boyfriend who gives me lots of compliments," he said and stood up on his toes to be able to kiss Roman again without having to pull him down.

He then studied his own shirt for a second and chuckled at the slight mess of the various different colours of the rainbow. It wasn't like he had actually done anything artsy since mandatory art class when he was younger so it could have been a lot worse. The reason it wasn't was probably because he had gotten Roman's help, but that was beside the point.

"Well, an effort was made" Samuel stated jokingly at his own mediocre work, "I think this is a pretty good reminder for me to continue to stay away from arts and crafts projects"

Last edited:
r o m a n
"Nonsense, if you keep this up you'll be Picasso in no time," Roman chuckled, ruffling his boyfriend's hair affectionately before carefully placing his wet T-shirt in a plastic bag. He did the same with Samuel's and put both bags in his backpack, before shouldering it and leading his boyfriend back to his other friends.

"What's next on the agenda?" Roman asked Bella, who was chatting with Matilda.

"What time do we have to be at Southern Cross?" Bella asked.

"Well, the train leaves at four-thirty but I get anxiety if I'm not at least fifteen minutes early, so, quarter past." It was eleven in the morning now.

"Well, we can go back to the city, grab lunch and then go shopping."

"An excellent idea."

Samuel nodded along with the idea of lunch, mumbling something in agreement with it being a good idea while casually slipping his hand into Romans now that they didn't need them to wring out T-shirts or whatever.

When he grabbed Romans hand this time it was out of habit, because he wanted to hold it, and not to seek comfort for feeling out of place. That didn't even feel like as much of problem anymore, it was nice to be around people who didn't bat an eye at their relationship. Or well, besides the whole Miles thing, but Samuel supposed nothing could be perfect, and not being nervous about holding his boyfriend's hand in public due to being with people who experienced the same things as them really made up for that.

r o m a n
After lunch, Roman dragged the usual group, with the addition of Matilda, to Sephora, because he wanted to go and no one could stop him. He found a glittery highlighter palette and swatched each shade on his hand.

"I like the purple one," Bella said.

"That'd work on your skin, not mine, I'm too pale."

"Stop bitching."

Roman grabbed Samuel's hand and tried each shade on his tanned skin. "The pink one looks nice on you."

The day seemed to continue to bring Samuel into new experiences as Roman pulled them all into a makeup store after lunch. Since he had no idea what his boyfriend and his friend was talking about Samuel just kind of watched the others test the makeup on their hands, occasionally letting his gaze curiously drift off to other parts of the unfamiliar store.

He didn't object to Roman smearing whatever kind of makeup it was on his hand as well, even though he automatically did consider pulling it away for a moment thinking it was a bad idea until he realized there were no real consequences for that kind of thing anymore at which he just smiled slightly at the feeling of his boyfriend's fingers on his skin and let it happen.

"Uh, sure?" He replied to Roman's comment about the colours and pulled his hand out leaning it forwards and backwards to letting the light hit the different coloured pigments and watched as the different angles made the shimmer. Even he could see it was pretty but he saw no real reason why the pink would suit him and why the purple wouldn't work with Romans pale complexion. It was just colours.

"I have literally no use for that information but thank you for telling me?" he chuckled as he pulled his hand down a moment later, adding a slight shrug at the end.

r o m a n
"Ooooh, Roman, you should put it on his face," Matilda mused, her chin on Bella's shoulder as she regarded the pink against Samuel's hand.

"I don't know." Samuel was evidently not a feminine gay guy, and that was okay. He didn't have to live up to any stereotypes if he didn't want to. Roman himself didn't even fit a stereotype.

"It's just powder, he can wipe it off."

Roman licked his lips, turned back to Samuel and raised an eyebrow. "You don't have to do it but I can if you want to try it."

Samuels eyes darted from Roman to Matilda and then back to his boyfriend again. He had not expected Roman putting make up on his face would have even been suggested, that was a lot different.

It wasn't that he knew it would look absolutely ridiculous on him that stopped Samuel from just going along with it. And it wasn't about not wanting to look gay, that would be silly with how he acted around Roman. It was the remains of fear of doing something he wouldn't have been allowed to a couple of months ago that made him hesitate.

He tried to repeat the thought about it not having any consequences anymore in his head, but somehow he was still too scared of them to be able to properly ignore them and when he spoke the word "no" slipped out whether he wanted to or not. It probably sounded defensive in the way he would have sounded before he had finally admitted his sexuality to himself and Samuel really hated that.

He cleared his throat with a small cough, going back to a tone that for the mood better when he elaborated, "not my thing, sorry," then he gave his boyfriend a weak but apologetic smile. Samuel knew Roman wouldn't push it but that didn't change the fact that it wasn't a be a big deal to anyone else there to put makeup on and that he was sure it could have been a fun moment or whatever. And it didn't change the fact that he was being boring again.

r o m a n
"That's fine, baby," Roman reassured Samuel. He hadn't expected Samuel to want the highlighter on his face and he would have been more surprised if he had accepted. Samuel just wasn't feminine whatsoever, and that was fine. No one had to conform to a stereotype if they didn't want to. Roman would never push Samuel, or anyone, into anything.

"You can put it on my face," Matilda offered with a grin.

"I think we have to buy it," Roman chuckled, putting the highlighter in his basket and continuing with their adventure around the store.

When the group had purchased all the cosmetics they desired, Roman took them to the small park across the road and they all flopped down on the grass. Roman was brushing purple highlighter onto Matilda's cheekbones, nose, Cupid's bow and browbones.

"I love makeup."

"So, Sammy, what do you do when you're not stealing the gay heartthrob of Australia?" Matilda inquired of Samuel.

Samuel let a light chuckle slip at the accurate description of his boyfriend. He was once again watching him apply makeup on someone else, but was paying more attention to his boyfriend than the makeup itself. So much so that he barely even noticed Matilda's use of his nickname when she spoke.

He considered correcting her, Samuel wasn't a nickname-y kind of guy and he only let a select few people use it, but he didn't want to continue being so negative.

"I play soccer" he shrugged, he wasn't playing as much as he used to, due to a combination of still getting back into it, not talking to half the guys on the team anymore and the fact that he'd rather just spend his weekends with Roman than call up some of his friends to play, "and read, not much really, I'm pretty boring"

Samuel said it with a smile that didn't reflect that it had been a concern for him throughout the day. It's not like he was a stranger to being called boring by other people though, even Evan frequently used the word to describe him, and he usually didn't mind, it wasn't until now he had started to feel self conscious over it.

r o m a n
"Oi," Roman chastised his boyfriend, nudging him with his foot and a frown on his face. "You are not boring, Samuel."

Samuel was probably the least boring person Roman knew. He was so kind and caring and every facet of his being was enthralling and captivating. Roman wouldn't let his boyfriend think otherwise. He leaned over and kissed him on the cheek and then gave a brief kiss to the lips.

"Yeah, you're cool," Matilda said earnestly with a smile in Samuel's direction. "Cooler than Roman when I first met him. He was the biggest dork."

"Shut your face."

"Nah, mate. Roman had braces and he never brushed his hair and he wore glasses so he looked like a total mess and it was adorable. He was like, fourteen, and about six inches shorter than he is now so he was even ganglier than he is."

Roman scowled at Matilda and laid on his back. "Don't listen to her lies."

Samuel shot Roman an appreciative smile at the reassuring words, he probably needed to hear that from him right then, the smile soon turned into an amused one though as Matilda described what his boyfriend was like before he knew him.

"Shush Roman, I want to hear about nerdy looking kid you, please tell me more" Samuel demanded in a very serious tone.

He tried to recall a younger Roman himself, but he assumed he had just been someone he passed in the hallways, he could maybe remember him vaguely, but if it was before Roman had gotten ridiculously tall and started standing out due to his clothe it wasn't all that weird he had trouble remembering. Which was kind of sad, but it was how things had been back then and there was nothing to about it now.

r o m a n
Roman scowled at the sky but didn't say anything because he knew Samuel and Matilda were both enjoying themselves.

"Oh, well, he looked like a fetus but was still obnoxiously charismatic," Matilda continued. Elliot was sitting behind her so she leaned against his back as if he were a tree.

"You alright?" he asked.

"Yup." Matilda patted him on the side. "Anyway, he was still obnoxiously charismatic so everyone liked him and it was hilarious to see everyone just gravitate to this total dork."

Roman flipped her off.

"And then he got hot when he was, like, fifteen so everyone started paying attention to him for a different reason and if he wasn't so nice he'd be a total fuckboy."

Samuel found his boyfriends reaction to having his younger self being talked about very entertaining and listened enthusiastically as Matilda continued to describe him while still throwing Roman the occasional glance as he pictured what the girl was telling him.

"ugh, yeah and he'd get away with it too with all of that charisma" Samuel chuckled, he had a hard time imagining Roman as anyone other than the sweet and caring person he was and thus Samuel found the contrast between that and Romans potential douchebagness pretty funny.

"You realize I need to see pictures at some point now, though, cus I bet you were a very adorable dork" Samuel informed his boyfriend, reached out to give him a light poke on the shoulder and added "adorkable" with a small chuckle.

r o m a n
"Sorry, they didn't have cameras in the Dark Ages."

"Bullshit we didn't." Matilda pulled out her phone and scrolled through her camera roll until she located a picture of Roman when he was fourteen. He was with Bella, who was sitting in his lap, and they were both pulling peace signs with cute little smiles. Roman wore a My Chemical Romance T-shirt, thick hipster glasses and black and red braces across his crooked teeth. His hair looked as if he had just rolled out of bed. Even Bella looked different, with plain blonde hair and no piercings on her round face.

"I hate you," Roman pleasantly informed Matilda. He rested his head on Samuel's thigh like a pillow and hugged his legs. "Don't look at it, Sammy, it's photoshopped."

"Bullshit. Wasn't he a cutie?"

"Daww" Samuel uttered in agreement upon seeing the picture. His boyfriend really did look very cute as a fourteen year old with braces and messy hair, although Samuel was not about to complain about the fact that he had grown out of the cuteness into the incredibly gorgeous guy he was now, "I don't understand what he's trying to hide, he's looking very awkwardly adorable"

He studied the picture some more, realising that Bella looked very different as well without her brightly coloured hair, so he turned to the girl as well.

"Oh sorry, you look very cute as well, Bella, I just can't stop myself from feeding in to Roman's whining" he said and turned back to his boyfriend to run his hand through Roman's hair, which wasn't as soft as usual with all the purple hairspray but it still got the teasing point across.

r o m a n
Roman groaned loudly and whacked Samuel's chest without any aim or force behind the hit. "Stop it, you dumbass," he whined. "I bet you looked just as stupid and awkward and ew when you were fourteen as I did."

"Naww, Roman doesn't like seeing pictures of when he wasn't hot," Matilda teased.

Roman scowled at her from his place in Samuel's lap.

"If it makes you feel better, Roman, you were always a cutie." Bella rubbed his calf with a teasing smirk on her face. "Then you got tall and I can't see your face anymore so I don't know about now."

"I hate all of you." Roman pushed Samuel onto his lap and wriggled up so his head was resting on his shoulder. "I hate you the most."

Despite Roman's stubborn and whiny demeanor Samuel gladly let himself get pulled into Romans lap. Finding the contrast between his hateful words and affectionate actions both amusing and very cute.

"Pfft, yeah right, you're a fucking liar" Samuel laughed and turned his head, nuzzling his boyfriend's cheek before giving it kiss.

"And I'll have you know that I looked just as cool when I was fourteen as I am now" he hadn't. At all. His hair had been way too long, he had been short and had yet to gain any muscle from all soccer since he was still growing and he had also almost exclusively and embarrassingly dressed only in soccer shirts. But no one there had photographic evidence of that "sorry to break it to you, you dork"

He placed yet another kiss on Romans cheek, as compensation for continuing to tease him.

r o m a n
Roman sighed heavily, letting out such a loud and large breath that a couple of passers-by looked at him in concern. He clung to Samuel's side like a koala bear, hiding his face out of shame. He didn't like being reminded of the time when he looked like actual trash, even though he knew he was just being purely materialistic.

"If you ever call me a dork again I will lock you in a bin," Roman threatened half-heartedly, nuzzling into the other's chest and closing his eyes. He was a hundred-percent done with life in this moment.

"Don't fuck with me."

"Roman Joshua Casper Hemlock, you're about as threatening as a pale pink butterfly."

"Fuck you, Bella."

Samuel chuckled lightly at Romans threat and petted his head affectionately while he continued to cuss at them.

"aww, no I think Roman is very threatening" Samuel defended his boyfriend only to in a whisper add "for a dork", right after, jokingly daring him to actually do something about the fact that he did call him dork again.

That was the last one Samuel decided. He found it kind of funny that Roman was the one who was flustered for once seeing as Samuel was so easily embarrassed, but he wasn't going to tease his boyfriend anymore, he wasn't that cruel and he wanted to stay on his boyfriend's good side. Even if teasing him apparently did end in beeing close to Roman as he clung to Samuel to hide his shame.