[Samuel x Roman {AUs}]

• Welcome back, Iwaku! While we are still working on the site to get it back into shape, we've come back online so you can get back to doing what you love. Check out this announcement for more details.

Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Speed of Light, Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
7 am to anywhere between 9 pm to 1 am. Honestly it's pretty random, but I'm on most hours of the day.
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female, Androgynous
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Somewhat passive, I guess? I don't mind anyone else taking the lead but I still want to discuss major plot points.
Favorite Genres
romance, modern, drama, modern fantasy, s l i c e o f l i f e.
Genre You DON'T Like
Scifi, high fantasy
Last edited:

lxngdon

a mountain biking vampire witch from the future
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Speed of Light, Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Douche, Adaptable
Male, Female, Primarily Prefer Male, Primarily Prefer Female
Favorite Genres
Romance, Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, High School, Historical Fiction
Genre You DON'T Like
Sci-Fi, anime, smut, apocalypse, futuristic
Genderbent AU [Samuel x Ramona]

ABOUT

➳ A modern, slice-of-life AU featuring Samuel Ortega and Ramona, the genderbent version of Roman Hemlock.

➳ Landon, the genderbent version of London, is also featured. He is dating Evan, who is bisexual.

➳ Instead of haemophilia, Ramona suffers from collagen vascular disease, which affects the connective tissue that hold her joints together. She is also 4'10, and covered in tattoos.

➳ Samuel is heterosexual, but is heavily abused by his father (as is Susan) and is therefore not interested in dating. He is also suffering from mental health issues.

EVENTS

➳ The boys are playing soccer, Ramona is watching, she gets hit by a ball.
➳ Ramona notices Samuel sitting out of soccer, and comes to talk to him and cheer him up.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

RAMONA HEMLOCK

There would never be a time where Ramona Hemlock actually, truly, wholly enjoyed the Australian sun. Sure, it was nice to not be freezing to death like her Swedish cousins were most of the time, and when she sat inside and looked out the window, it looked quite pretty. But the fact remained that she was pale as fuck, meaning she was susceptible to sunburn, and going outside in thirty-five degree weather was like stepping into Satan's Easy-Bake Oven. But for some reason, she found herself sitting on the lip of Maryborough Education Centre's school oval, just barely shielded from the harmful rays by the shade of a eucalyptus tree, watching her brother, his boyfriend and their friends play soccer.​

Ramona Hemlock was a tiny little thing. She was only four-foot-ten, with a very slim frame made even slimmer by the fact that she was almost unhealthily skinny. It wasn't that she was starving herself or anything -- she just had the metabolism of the gods and thus never gained weight, no matter how hard she tried. She was so tiny that her extra-small school dress swallowed her frame and she had had to ask her mother to pin it up for her. She had done a good job at tailoring it but even so, the garment still hung off her minute frame ever so slightly, hiding any excuse she had for curves. Even her face was small -- a small nose, small jaw, big eyes topped by small brows. Due to her skinniness her features were sharp. But the fact remained that Ramona Hemlock looked like you could send her flying using the average bedroom fan.​

Leaning against the tree, Ramona watched her twin brother. Clearly she had gotten all the tiny genes in the womb. Landon was five-eleven, lean but muscular in build, and had a head of wavy hair that he had let grow out to his jaw, which gave the illusion of more volume. Landon was dating Evan Johnson, one of Maryborough's up-and-coming soccer scars, and one of the guys in league with the very homophobes that Ramona hated. Ramona had been both surprised and skeptical when she had learned of their relationship, but after coming to get to know Evan, she had determined that he was a good guy, and thus she was happy for her brother.​

A lot of the other soccer guys, she was not so fond of. Ricky Brown, for example, was a premiere douche, and Ramona hated him. He had religiously bullied Landon for his love of ballet before he had gotten together with Evan, as well as her friends and even herself for being visibly queer. Ramona couldn't stand him, or the soccer guys that followed him in his idiocy. But the rest were alright.​

Ramona lifted her grape juice box to her lips, sucked on the contents through her straw, and let her bright green eyes wander over to one of the other soccer guys. His name was Samuel, she believed. He was evidently Hispanic, and he was very, very adorable. She looked at him inquisitively and when they made eye contact she waved at him in greeting, a small smile on her face. He didn't seem to be particularly interested in the makeshift game being played and thus, she greatly hoped he came over to join her.​

Last edited:
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Speed of Light, Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
7 am to anywhere between 9 pm to 1 am. Honestly it's pretty random, but I'm on most hours of the day.
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept
Somewhat passive, I guess? I don't mind anyone else taking the lead but I still want to discuss major plot points.
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Scifi, high fantasy
SAMUEL ORTEGA

To Samuel Ortega, soccer was a refuge. Most days it was the one thing that allowed him time to relax completely, just focus on the competitive nature of the sport. He loved next to everything about it. He loved the feeling of his well-trained calves burning as he sprinted towards the ball at the end of a game. He loved the wind blowing through his sweaty dark curls. He loved the rush of adrenaline that kicked in as he or one of his team-mates were about to score and he loved doing something that he was truly passionate about. The best way to put it was that being on the field was a liberating feeling.

Today, however, didn't feel like most days, nor had many of the ones leading up to today, for the matter. Samuel could without trouble pinpoint several reasons for this. For one they weren't on the soccer field. Instead, they were on the oval at school and you could only take a casual game like this one so seriously. On top of that Landon had joined them. Samuel had absolutely no issues with Landon, nor with Evan because he dated Landon, he was still the same guy and Samuel's best friend and nothing could change that. The thing was that other people had problems with Landon, as well as Evan after they had found out he wasn't completely heterosexual. And nothing ruined Samuel's fun as much as people arguing. No one was arguing at the moment, but Ricky, Samuel's other best friend, had made damn sure not to play on Evan's or Landon's team and had also dragged Samuel into the whole thing by making sure he was on his team. Ricky was being civil and just playing at the moment, but there was a tension there that wasn't the usual fun and competitive one. And finally, there was the fact that Samuel simply hadn't been feeling on top lately, which was a whole issue in of itself that he was just trying to not think about at all.

If one got to describe Samuel with one word, sensitive would probably come to mind (or a nerd if you asked Ricky, he had a tendency to call him that for liking books.) And Samuel couldn't deny that he was sensitive, or that he overreacted a lot. So when he didn't feel on top, he did his best not to make a big deal of it or show it at all, knowing that it really was more his own problem than someone else's. That and he honestly didn't want to break down crying in front of the guys if they asked why. He was already the one out of the guys that had cried the most in front of the others, but in his defense, it was mostly after or during really intense soccer games... And maybe one time when Messi made a really beautiful bisicleta and scored a goal in the game against Madrid a while back.

Despite his best efforts to be a part of the game today though, he found himself not really being on top of it. He wasn't all that focused and lost track of the opposite team which caused him to lose the ball a lot. Since he wasn't doing the team any good he allowed himself to fall back more and more as it progressed. Ricky was hogging the ball a lot, a stupid thing he did even during real games sometimes, and no one seemed to really be that affected by the fact that Samuel was mostly jogging around pretending to be a part of the game. His inability to focus was what allowed him to notice Ramona though. It wasn't like he hadn't noticed her before, he knew she was there. It seemed like Ramona and Landon came as a package, they weren't completely tied to the hip, but ever since Landon and Evan started to date Ramona had been around more. She wasn't really hanging out with the guys, but she'd pass by and exchange some words with Landon and Evan, or, as she did today, sit in the sidelines doing what Samuel got the impression was making sure no one mistreated Landon, despite the fact that she literally was the tiniest girl he had ever laid his eyes upon.

Ramona seemed nice enough though, and Samuel happily slowed down a little, smiled back and waved after noticing her greeting. Actually, her attitude seemed a lot more pleasant than Ricky's at the moment. He kept feeling on edge whenever Landon, Evan, and Ricky inhibited the same space and it was a little exhausting, a break from that sounded nice, and it wasn't really fair on Ramona that she had to just sit there and watch a pretty boring game.

"I'm taking a break!" Samuel called out, no one seemed to care because they were just playing for fun, not even Ricky, though he did call out a half-hearted, "what the fuck man?!" before putting his full focus on the ball again. Samuel just shrugged and hurried off to the sidelines. When he did reach the edge of the field he hesitated for a moment. Another couple of words you could describe Samuel with included both shy and awkward. Ramona was more a part of his circle of friends than she once had been, but he hadn't really talked to her, ever. Some of the guys had tried, because there was no doubt about the fact the Ramona was pretty, but even on a friendly level, Samuel felt a little weird about it. Still, he had made up his mind and headed over to the girl, reminding himself that it definitely was more awkward to not go talk to her.

He sat down next to her, but kept some distance, knowing he had grown a little sweaty and gross in the warm weather, though he wasn't especially out of breath seeing as he hadn't been doing his all. For a moment he struggled a little with coming up with something to say, before settling for, "enjoying the game?" which sounded a little awkward but it was better than silence.

lxngdon

DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
RAMONA HEMLOCK
Ramona was quite happy when Samuel ducked out of the game and began to make his way over to where she was seated. It wasn't like she was wasting away with no one to talk to, but she couldn't deny the fact that the game had been getting a little boring, and she had no one to fight with since no one was giving Landon any shit. And besides, she liked Samuel, purely because he wasn't obnoxious and rude like so many of the other soccer guys were. No, Samuel seemed nice, and even if Ramona could be a petty bitch sometimes, at the end of the day she only liked to surround herself with nice people.​
The tiny girl watched as the much taller and larger guy sat near her, but not so near that he was impeding on her personal space. She noticed how sweaty he was immediately, mainly because she could see how the fabric of his school shirt was sticking to his skin in some places, and how it had dampened his chocolate curls and made them stick to the back of his neck. Ramona was a little sweaty too, even if she hadn't been moving around. She was wearing a pair of thin white leggings and an equally thin long-sleeve shirt of the same colour beneath her dress. She wore these to cover her pale skin and prevent a bad sunburn. Of course, they covered her tattoos, but most people knew she had those anyway.​
"I mean, I'm not going to pretend to know the rules of soccer, but I can't say it's the most boring thing in the world," Ramona said amicably. Her voice was like windchimes, high and sparkly and very quite enticing, which was wholly indicative of her singing voice as well. Everything about Ramona screamed confidence, pride and beauty, which hid her underlying anxiety problems expertly. Really, only those who knew her well had any idea of her mental health issues. She hid them, partially because of the stigma that surrounded them, but also partially because she didn't want to be pitied.​
Ramona took another sip of her juice box, leaving a little red lipstick on the white straw. Ramona never left the house without a full face of makeup, not because she was insecure, but because she loved it with every fibre of her being. Currently, her red lipstick was accompanied by a golden smokey eye, and a glowing champagne highlighter. Ramona's face was also decorated with piercings -- right nostril, septum and tongue. If Samuel could see her tattoos in that moment, he would realise that she was a true depiction of the alternative genre.​
"You don't really seem like you're enjoying the game all that much, though," Ramona observed, not in a mean or accusatory way, but in one that was simply curious and conversational. "Is Ricky being a douchebag? I will one hundred percent go and fight him."

Last edited:
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Scifi, high fantasy
SAMUEL ORTEGA

Samuel envied the way Ramona seemed to come up with an answer so effortlessly, and without sounding awkward at all. She clearly had some charisma, Samuel had gathered that much from seeing her interact with Evan and some of the other guys.

Ramona wasn't in any way like someone Samuel had ever really know, at least not in terms of appearance, he didn't really know her yet after all. She wore a lot of makeup, just like a lot of the girls he had been hanging out with in the past did too, but there was something different about hers. Samuel couldn't really say what, he knew literally nothing about makeup, and almost an equal amount about fashion, but the best way he could describe it was that there maybe was a bit of an edge to it that the other girls didn't have. Or maybe it was just the piercing giving that illusion. He had never hung out with anyone that had piercings like that either. He had kind of been brought up with the belief that people with piercings weren't the best of people. He knew that wasn't accurate, but he also knew not to question the things he was told, so maybe some of his hesitance at the moment came from the fact that he didn't really know how to act around someone like her.

"Ricky's not being a douche bag, he's just being Ricky," Samuel said with a soft chuckle "But I guess that's synonymous with being a douchebag sometimes." he shrugged and his slightly amused smile faltered a little. Sometimes he was really just putting on a smile, sometimes his smiles were genuine but didn't last long. He was leaning towards it being the latter at the moment, which was nicer than the former. He looked down on his lip, and fidgeted a little with the hem of his shorts, pulling them down a little, a habit he had developed over the years because he was paranoid his thighs were somehow visible.

"I wouldn't fight him though," Samuel turned his glance back to Ramona, preferring to keep the conversation about his stupid friend over the fact that she had noticed he hadn't really been having the best of times of the field, "He's got a pretty mean right hook from what I have seen, plus he's a little bit bigger than you, it might be an unfair advantage," Samuel tried to joke but realized a moment later that maybe you weren't supposed to point out that someone was one of the shortest people you had ever seen the first time you properly spoke to them, so he awkwardly let his brown eyes rest on soccer game instead.

Last edited:

lxngdon

DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
RAMONA HEMLOCK
Ramona was a girl of many talents. She could sing, play several musical instruments, act, paint and draw and of course, she was excellent at makeup. But another one of her talents was reading people. She didn't know why it came so naturally to her, but Ramona could almost always tell when someone was hiding something. What exactly they were hiding remained quite ambiguous most of the time. But in this moment, she could tell that something was going on inside Samuel's head, and she wondered what it was.​
Of course, she wasn't going to ask, that would be weird and a total invasion of privacy. Perhaps if it were Landon or Elliot or Bella she may inquire, but she hardly knew Samuel at all, and therefore she was in no position to pry into his private life. So, she was fully planning to continue on with the joke of her fighting Ricky. In fact, the words had formulated in her throat, and she had opened her mouth to speak them.​
But then a soccer ball, having been over-enthusiastically kicked by a younger soccer player with a bad aim, came whistling through the air, and before she could do anything to stop it, it violently collided with her left shoulder, sending her entire tiny body slamming into the tree trunk she had been leaning.​
Anyone within a few metre radius of Ramona in that moment would be able to hear the deafening pop sound that was created as her shoulder dislocated. For most people, such a collision probably wouldn't even result in a bruise, but Ramona wasn't most people. She had a condition called collagen vascular disease, which targeted her collagen, the glue holding her bones, ligaments and muscles together. For Ramona, not only did this mean she suffered from chronic pain and fatigue, but it also meant that her joints dislocated ridiculously easy. Therefore, a knock from a stray soccer ball was more than enough to dislocate her arm from her shoulder, leaving the thin limb dangling loosely from the rest of her body.​
Ramona let out a cry of pain. It was midway between a scream and a moan, but it was more than enough to capture the agony she was feeling. In a split second, Landon was by her side, a look of panic in his face as he saw the damage that had been done, and how much she was hurting as a result of it.​
"Oh my God, fuck, Ramona, how bad is it?" Landon asked frantically. Ramona let out a little whine as an answer. "Okay, okay, shit, Evan, what do I do?"

Last edited:
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Scifi, high fantasy
SAMUEL ORTEGA

The ball came rushing by him before Samuel had a chance to stop it, maybe if he had expected it, but instead he flinched as the object suddenly flew past and all he heard was a weird popping-cracking sound and a pained shriek. He didn't put two and two together about what the sounds meant until he slowly dared to open his and saw Ramona very much in pain and both Landon and Evan were rushing over. That's when he realised the ball had hit the girl next to him, and that the sound that had occured must have been from it hitting her shoulder. Instead of keeping his eyes closed he kept them wide open in shock as LAndon and Evan sat down, she couldn't have broken a bone or anything like that just form a single soccer ball being shot from a far, could she?

Evan didn't directly respond t his boyfriend and instead said, "Fuck is it that thing with her bones?" Samuel had no idea what that meant but it couldn't be good.

A couple of the other guys had curiously followed their teammate, one of them being Ricky, who mostly just seemed irritated that the game had stopped, "Come on it's just a fucking soccer ba--"

"Shut the fuck up Ricky!" Evan snapped, and that seemed to sucsessfully shut Ricky up, or at least prevent him from saying anything loud enough to hear, which was enough for Evan who went right back to the situation at hand, "okay, Samuel, can you carry her, we need to get to the nurse's office," Samuel almost wanted to protest at that, not because he didn't want to help but because he didn't see why Evan, who actually knew Ramona could carry her, or even Landon, he was a dancer, he had to be strong enough to lift up Ramona. But then Evan shot a meaning look towards Landon and Samuel realised that Landon very much seemed to be freaking out at the moment, and if Landon was freaking out Evan was going to make sure he was alright before anyone else.

Despite not being all that calm himself, as ridicuolus as it was his heart was still beating kind of hard for the soccer ball getting so close, he nodded and decided to try to help in they way he could. He readjusted his position a little, and knowing the situation was urgent, he didn't spend too much time hesitating and feeling awkward, instead he swooped his arms underneath Ramona and lifted her up. It wasn't much harder to carry her than it was to carry a child, Samuel realised. And knowing the fact that she was also hurt made her feel weirdly fragile despite her edgy appearance. Samuel didn't say that of course, in fact, he said nothing and just looked around, a little lost for a moment.

"Samuel, the nurse," Evan reminded him, sounding a little annoyed, he had stood and helped Landon up by now, and placed ha hand on Samuel's shoulder to coax him to start to walk.

"Right," Samuel agreed and started to steer his steps towards the nurse's office. Evan walking closely with Landon's hand in his to calm him down. Samuel's heart rate had barely slowed down. He didn't know Ramona, but he hated it when people got hurt and he didn't know what was going on and was just kind of hoping that the girl in his arms would be alright.

lxngdon

DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
RAMONA HEMLOCK
"I'm so sorry," the kid who had fired the ball was insisting with a horror-struck face as Samuel began to scoop up Ramona in his arms. The kid was crying, and his hands were shaking and he was staring at the small girl with such guilt in his eyes, it was like he thought he had killed her. "I'm so fucking sorry, I --"
"It's okay," Ramona managed to get out weakly. She was in so much pain she almost couldn't concentrate on anything else, but this kid's guilt was permeating through the agony, and she didn't want him to feel bad. "It was just an accident."
The dude continued to apologise but Ramona couldn't formulate a response, because a shock of searing pain coursed through her as Samuel picked her up. She let out another pained cry as she was lifted into the air, and her dislocated arm hung limply by her side. It felt like the already detached ligament was pulling away from her even more, like it would snap off entirely at any moment.​
Landon stopped Samuel for a second to gently lift Ramona's sore arm up so it rested on her stomach. This hurt a fucking lot, and she let out another agonised cry that made Landon burst into tears. But she knew it was necessary, because it would hurt even more if her arm was just hanging all the way to the sick bay.​
As they walked, Landon and Evan ahead with the former sobbing uncontrollably, Ramona closed her eyes and shifted her body ever so slightly so she was tucked into Samuel's chest, her body pressed to him, her face hidden by her mass of brown locks. As such a tiny girl she was used to her male friends, like Elliot, her brothers and even some of her female friends carrying her around -- not to mention her billions of exes. Samuel reminded her of that contact, and she found comfort in the warmth of his skin and the feeling of his chest rising and falling as he breathed. Even if he was really sweaty. So she pressed herself to him like a sleepy child and proceeded to concentrate on his warmth -- despite the sweltering heat --- rather than the pain in her arm.​
When they arrived at the nurse's office, Sue, the lady who manned it, gave a small, motherly sigh as she saw Ramona. "Oh dear," she said sweetly, coming up to stroke Ramona's hair. "What happened, darling?"
"She got hit by a soccer ball," Landon answered. He was clutching Evan's hand so tight it probably felt like it was going to fall off, and his eyes were red and swollen. "Her shoulder's gone."
"Okay." Sue lead Samuel over to one of the beds and asked him to lay her down. Ramona went, whining a little as her source of warmth was stolen from her, and in her dreary state clutched onto his wrist with the tiny hand of her good arm. "Now, this seems like this is a bit too much for my skills, so I'm going to have to call your mother in the primary school and she if she can take you to the hospital. If not, I'll have to call your dad. Okay, hun?"
"Okay," Ramona said weakly. Sue went into her office. Landon folded himself into Evan's embrace. Ramona turned her head, her emerald green eyes glossy with tears. She tugged on his wrist adorably to get his attention, and when he looked at her, she mumbled, "Please don't go until they come."

Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Scifi, high fantasy
SAMUEL ORTEGA

Ramona's shrieks of pain were pretty awful to hear and even though he maybe shouldn't he held her a little tighter after a while, he didn't think he would drop her or anything, but if he did it would probably be awful, and that idea that she was fragile just kind of stuck with him with him and grew stronger with every step. Luckily it didn't take them too long to get to the nurses office, where Samuel listened to everyone with half an ear because he was really more focused on the fact that he was carrying Ramona.

Finally he was allowed to put her down, but Ramona, in the midst of all her pain seemed to have something else in mind, as she grabbed a hold of her wrist. And then asked him to not leave. Samuel looked at her for a couple of seconds, almost dumbfounded. This girl he barely knew and who seemed to be in immense pain was practically begging him not to leave her side. As much as part of him wanted to go so he could give himself a chance to calm down a little at least he didn't really have much of a choice. And after hearing her say that his want to leave faded a little anyways.

"Oh, no um, okay, I'll stay?" Samuel tried and shot a quick look towards Evan as if to ask if he was okay, but he seemed preoccupied with comforting Landon, holding him closely and rubbing his back in an attempt to get him to calm down a little. It was weird how Ramona seemed calmer than her own brother even though she was the one with what Samuel had gathered by now was a dislocated shoulder.

Without forcing his arm out of Ramona's grip, Samuel found a chair and pulled it closer so he could sit down. And then he got quiet again as he tried to make sense of what had happened. Ramona's arm had gotten dislocated by being hit by a soccer ball, it had been kicked hard but hitting the shoulder shouldn't have caused more damage than a bruise. Then there was Evan saying something about her bones. Then there was Ramona assuring the guy who kicked the ball it was okay even though she was literally screaming because of the pain when it got too bad. And then it was the nurse acting as if this wasn't out of the ordinary, who treated calling Ramona's parents as just one thing that had to be done because they would know how to deal with it.

The conclusion he came to was that this wasn't the first thing something like this had happened.

"I uh... What's wrong with your arm?" Samuel asked, not necessarily Ramona specifically, because he didn't want to force her to talk when she was in pain. Maybe he shouldn't even have asked in the first place, maybe she would't want to share, Samuel wasn't sure he would share in her position, but then again Samuel also had no idea what her position actually entitled,.

lxngdon

DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
RAMONA HEMLOCK
Ramona had asked Samuel to stay because she knew that Landon was hysterical, and quite frankly he scared her when he was like that. She loved her twin to death but when she was in a state like this she needed to be surrounded by relatively calm people, or else it would send her into a state of panic as well. This related heavily to her anxiety problems -- if she was in a lot of pain or very stressed, then the sheer panic of another person could cause her to become hysterical too.​
Ramona kept her eyes on Samuel, who was definitely scared and confused, but was also definitely a whole lot calmer than Landon was in that moment. Of course, he asked. She would have been surprised if he had not. It was a reasonable question to pose in this situation and she didn't blame him for inquiring, even if it was obviously a difficult subject for her to talk about.​
Part of her didn't want to answer at all, but she couldn't just leave him wondering after he had literally carried her to the sick bay. That would be cruel.​
"I have a condition called collagen vascular disease," she explained in a weak voice. "The collagen is the glue that holds your joints, ligaments and muscles together. My condition makes my collagen incredibly weak, so my joints dislocate really easily. That's why my shoulder got dislocated when that soccer ball hit me."
It was a pretty basic explanation, but it was the truth. Sue came back in a moment later to tell her that her father was on her way to pick her and Landon up and take her to the hospital. After a brief exchange Ramona handed her keys to Landon so he could get her things out of her locker, and then he and Evan left, leaving Ramona alone with Samuel.​

Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Scifi, high fantasy
SAMUEL ORTEGA

Samuel hadn't really heard of collagen vascular disease before, but the description both sounded unpleasant and accurate to what had happened. He didn't really know what to say to that, and took the back seat for a while, listening while everyone decided what their next course of action would be. It included Landon and Evan leaving, which Samuel felt a little weird about. There was't anything wrong with Ramona but he had promised her to stay, so that meant he would have to stay and be alone with her.

He didn't say anything though, he wasn't an asshole and he realized that Ramona's feelings kind of had to go before his own at this point. But it didn't mean it wasn't weirdly quiet when everyone had left, and Samuel didn't know if that was because Ramona wanted silence or because she was in too much pain to talk.

"Thanks for telling me what's up... I get little freaked out when people get hurt so I appreciate it," he said with a small smile, he felt a little bad for getting her to tell him what was going on if he was being honest. He hadn't really expected a disease like this, not something chronic that she apparently just kind of lived with and that affected her life enough for her to be taken to the nurse at least more often then most people.

He let out a sigh in the shape of a short puff of air and looked around, he couldn't help but feel a little awkward. He wished that maybe Evan could have been there at least, because he kind of knew Ramona, surely it had to be better if someone she knew was there with her. But no one was and he just had to make the best of the situation, "So, I'm not sure how to tell you this, but I think that maybe you shouldn't challenge Ricky in a fight?" he tried, his voice sounded a little strained for a joke, but he was trying, and maybe it could cheer Ramona up a little, or at least distract her from being in pain.

lxngdon

DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
RAMONA HEMLOCK
In spite of the immense pain that she was feeling, and the dismay of having succumbed to her illness again, Ramona laughed. It was a beautiful laugh despite the tension in her voice and the pain in her shoulder. Samuel had just managed to cheer her up when she was in a slump, and for that, she was incredibly grateful.​
"Well shit, there go my weekend plans," Ramona joked. She laughed a little more, then sighed when another searing shot of pain coursed through her shoulder. But it wasn't bad enough to wipe the smile off her face.​
Ramona turned her head to face Samuel, and she murmured, "Thank you." Because he had been thrust into this situation, with basically no say in it whatsoever, but had still been so helpful and kind to her in spite of the horrors he had been forced to witness. Ramona was incredibly grateful, and she hoped he could see that in her eyes.​
Soon, Landon and Evan returned, and not too long after that, the twins' father Stellan arrived and picked the kids up in his police cruiser. Before they left, Landon gave Evan a goodbye hug, and Ramona, from the front passenger seat of the police car, smiled at Samuel through the glass. She hoped that she didn't have to stay in the hospital, because she really wanted to come to school the next day and thank Samuel again.​

Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Scifi, high fantasy
SAMUEL ORTEGA

The whole debacle with Ramona really had been weird and out of nowhere. Never in his life did Samuel think he would experience something like that but it was what had happened. He had shot Ramona a smile when her dad drove her off. Then he had turned to Evan and sked him to explain what had just happened. Evan didn't know much more than he did though, only bits and pieces he had heard from Landon, so the only new information that Samuel got was that Evan was pretty sure Ramona had struggled with this thing her entire life, which Samuel already had kind of assumed.

The event had been a bit of a distraction though, he wished the distraction hadn't come on someone's expense but it was welcomed and he allowed himself the rest of the day to worry about Ramona instead of going home. The moment he did get home, however, Ramona was pretty much forgotten. And she remained somewhat forgotten the day that followed or the day after that. There were just so much going on at home lately that he didn't have time to worry about someone he barely knew, he had to worry about his mum and the dog instead. And himself too, though he wasn't as much worried about himself as he just felt bad.

Those feelings were also enough to keep him from really wanting to hang out with the guys. He jut didn't feel motivated to be social or like he could just put it all aside and play soccer in the oval. Plus, Ricky had been kind of on the war path after both Evan and Samuel had dropped everything to help Ramona, he was being loud and annoying and throwing out insult to Evan every now and Evan would of course bite back. Samuel didn't blame him, but he really couldn't deal with the arguing and yelling, at least not today, work seemed like it was stressing out his dad lately and thus things had been getting a little worse. But the bad times always came in waves so he just had to stand it for a little while longer.

But while it was going on, he found his refuge in the library instead of on the field. It was calm and nice and he could just find a book he had read before and find a nice corner where he could pretend to read for a bit. And that was where he found himself between classes that day. The library was pretty much empty at this time of the day, especially when it still was warm out and no one wanted to waste time inside, so he had taken the opportunity while knowing no one would se and found an old battered copy of Twilight and sat down by a table as far into the library as possible, not expecting to be disturbed.

lxngdon

DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
RAMONA HEMLOCK
It turned out that the dislocation hadn't been severe enough to warrant an overnight stay in the hospital, but resetting it had still been incredibly painful. She had been taken home and given the next day off school so she could recover without having to worry about carrying heavy books around or being jostled in the hallway. And then that evening, she had had a minor incident with her ankle going down the stairs that hadn't warranted a hospital visit, but had warranted staying home again the following day.​
Which was why when Ramona walked into school on Thursday, she had missed two whole days of classes and therefore had to play catch-up. Luckily she was naturally intelligent, and it was the beginning of the year so even if she was in Year Twelve, they hadn't gone through much content. Still, it was enough to warrant a visit to the library that lunchtime.​
Ramona went alone. Usually her friends would have come with her -- especially since her arm was still in a sling and she was limping ever so slightly -- but Elliot and Bella had detentions for talking in class and Blake had to see a teacher, so, Ramona was left to her own devices. She didn't mind. Knowing Elliot and Bella, they probably would have talked her ears off anyway, thus inhibiting her from studying.​
Ramona walked into the library carrying a pile of books in her good arm. The other was secured in a white sling that matched the leggings and long-sleeve shirt she was still wearing beneath her dress to deflect the sun. Since it had been her left arm that was injured she had still been able to do her makeup, thus, she had created a nice blush pink eyeshadow look with glittery gold winged eyeliner, a nude lipstick and a pale highlight. It was perhaps a little too dressy for school, but she didn't care. All her piercings were black and her hair was laying pin-straight in a curtain to her waist.​
She had walked for only a few moments when she noticed Samuel sitting in the back of the room. Ramona didn't waste any time heading over to join him. She had missed him while she had been bedridden, mainly because he was just so nice and so unlike all the other stupid soccer boys. Part of the reason was also how cute he was. But Ramona wasn't about to mention that aloud.​
The tiny girl approached his table, which was honestly just lower than her hips, and stood beside him. She smiled at the book he was reading. "I hope you agree that Jasper is the best character," she chuckled. "Can I sit?"

Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Scifi, high fantasy
SAMUEL ORTEGA

Samuel had embarrassingly read Twilight more than once, which was why he had reached for it. He kind of knew it by now, maybe not word for word but enough so that it was something he could read when he couldn't keep that much focus, he didn't need to retain any new information and could just kind of enjoy a moment in silence without being questioned about it. In that way the book was a bit of a comfort book for him, he had a couple of ones that were in that category, including Harry Potter and also Matilda. The latter was one he hadn't picked up in a while though, he loved it but despite the whimsical tones that existed in Roald Dhal's work it hit a little too close to home.

By the time he was interrupted he had actually managed to get a little wrapped up in the book, which was a nice change of pace from having to walk around worrying about things all day. The interruption was so unexpected though that he reacted before he even realized who it was.

"Um, yeah I, Uh I was just..." Samuel's face flushed, probably bright red, as he realized he had been caught with the book he very much didn't want to be caught reading and he promptly shut it and put it in his lap. But then he noticed who was standing in front of him. Ramona. Smile on her face and an arm in a sling, but not having let the injury stop her from presenting herself as she normally did. She looked gorgeous, but Samuel was honestly a little more wrapped up in his embarrassment to notice.

Ramona wasn't one of the guys, so he doubted he'd get any shit for her for reading something so typically girly, or that she'd care or make any assumptions based on it at least. He didn't care if anyone thought he was gay or anything, but it frustrated him that people like Ricky based it of him not being the most dude-bro guy on earth. He also just didn't want things like that to be heard by his dad because he didn't want him to end up believing it was the truth. When he thought about it though, Ramona had also referenced the book, which meant she had read it. His excitement about the added a little to the embarrassment, but in his circle of friends, he didn't find people who liked the same things as him all that often.

"I mean yeah you can sit down," he said after clearing his voice al little, trying to not act flustered and awkward, "I'm more of an Alice fan, but Jasper is pretty cool too," he tried to recover from his overreaction to Ramona seeing what he read by pretending as if it wasn't a big deal and then switched the subject over to something else so he would get a chance to calm down, "So uh, how's your arm?" he was genuinely wondering that too, he hadn't really seen Ramona since she left with her dad, he had gotten an update or two from Evan but not much more than that.

lxngdon

DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
RAMONA HEMLOCK
Upon being granted permission, Ramona set her books down on the desk and then climbed onto the chair beside Samuel. When she stepped on her injured foot it was obvious that she was in pain, but the fiery little girl didn't let that stop her. Soon she was seated, though since she was obviously about to engage in a conversation with Samuel, she didn't bother to open her books.​
"Ooh, yes, Alice is cute too. And my arm's doing alright." Ramona lifted her arm in its sling a little to show that it was at the very least back in its proper place. "It hurts but it's liveable. I would have come to school yesterday but I hurt my ankle on the stairs the day before, so my parents insisted I stay home." Ramona shrugged with her good arm as if this was the most casual thing in the world, and to her it really was. Ramona was used to dislocations and chronic pain that she had trained herself how to function with it years ago. Of course, every now and then something really bad happened and it reminded her of how weak she was. But for the most part, she could live through it.​
Ramona reached into her pocket, pulled out a candy bar, broke it into two pieces and set one half on Samuel's knee. Then she cast her eyes down to the book in his lap. "Don't worry, I won't tell Ricky and the other douchebags that you're reading Twilight. I love Twilight. It gets a lot of hate for being girly but that's just because mainstream society condemns anything girly because inherent misogyny says that it's weak."
Ramona took a bite of her half of the chocolate bar and moved her bright green eyes, made only brighter by the vivid shade of her eyeshadow, back up to Samuel's face. "Thank you so much for helping me the other day. Landon can get a bit hysterical when something like that happens, so I probably wouldn't have even made it to the nurse's office if you hadn't helped. And thanks for staying and talking to me. It really meant a lot."

Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Scifi, high fantasy
SAMUEL ORTEGA

Samuel frowned a little when Ramona said she had gotten hurt again, it seemed less serious, but she was still acting way to casual about it. Samuel couldn't help wondering how often things like this really happen, if this was a bad week or if she had to stay home from school often. He hadn't ever payed enough attention to Ramona before to really notice if she was away from school or hurt a lot. Not that Ramona wasn't the kind of person you didn't pay attention though, she was really attention grabbing, even when she was just sitting there munching on chocolate. It was just that their friend groups hadn't ever really overlapped until Evan started to date Landon.

"Oh, you don't need to thank me, you were hurt, it wasn't like I was going to drop you and walk the other way," Samuel said with a small shrug, still sounding a little awkward but he felt like that was fading a little. Maybe it was that they had talked to each other a little more now, or that Ramona just seemed to have the whole charisma thing going for her, or maybe it was just the way thing naturally turned out after you carried someone to the nurse, "And I guess I can't really imagine exactly what it's like for you, but like, if I flip the situation around in my head I know I wouldn't have wanted to be alone, and it's only decent to treat others the way you want to be treated you know?"

It wasn't that he didn't appreciate her gratitude or anything like that, he just felt like she shouldn't feel like helping her was some tremendous effort on his part. Maybe it wasn't obvious to everyone to treat others with kindness, he wasn't sure if someone like Ricky would have helped her, or at least helped her without complaining. But he just did his best to treat people with kindness because it was only right.

"Also Evan would have probably have murdered me if I didn't help and he had, had to leave Landon" he added in a significantly less serious tone.

lxngdon

DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
RAMONA HEMLOCK
Ramona smiled. Samuel was nice. It was so rare to find someone that was genuinely nice these days -- she didn't know why, but it seemed as though they were a dying breed. Ramona therefore decided, right there at that library table, that she wanted to be friends with Samuel Ortega.​
"I don't think he would have murdered you, that's a tad drastic." She held up a hand with her thumb and index finger almost touching, and squinted at it as if to show how unlikely it was for Evan to have slaughtered Samuel. Ramona chuckled, a pretty and bubbly sound, then reached into her pocket and pulled out another candy bar. One thing she actually liked about her body was that she could eat as much as she wanted and never gained weight. That was how she stayed so incredibly thin.​
Like before, she broke this candy bar in half and gave one part to her new best friend Samuel. Then she put up her tiny, thin legs onto his knees. Of course, she weighed nothing so it wouldn't have made a difference, and therefore she felt comfortable just continuing the conversation as if she hadn't just taken a huge step in their friendship. Ramona was quite cuddly and affectionate with all of her friends. Samuel would just have to get used to it.​
"So," she said, pleasantly and conversationally. "Fuck marry kill -- Bella, Rosalie and Alice."

Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Scifi, high fantasy
SAMUEL ORTEGA

Samuel laughed a little at Ramona's skepticism towards Evan's likeliness to murder him. Ramona really seemed to be a pretty fun and chill person, Samuel found that admirable, he couldn't keep his mood up enough to joke around and have fun some days when he was going through hard times, and Ramona had literally had to go to the hospital and hurt her foot in the two past days, and had to live every day like that, yet she didn't seem like she was in the library to avoid friends. Or maybe she was who knew, but she didn't seem opposed to being friendly, judging by her willingness to share her sweets and talk.

It shouldn't have been surprising that Ramona put her legs up in his lap but Samuel still got a little taken aback by it. He wasn't used to having affectionate friends, that just wasn't really a thing if you were a bunch of rowdy soccer guys, and the friends he had that were girls also weren't all that affectionate because the moment someone was people started to speculate and gossip about people liking each other. But with Ramona it just seemed like a very natural part of her personality and Samuel actually kind of liked that. It was different from what he was used to, and that made it refreshing. And that was probably why he didn't seem to mind having Ramona there and talking to her either, somehow she felt kind of separate from his normal life, and when your normal life frequently had you feeling terrible that was more than welcomed.

Until Ramona bluntly just decided to play fuck marry kill which made Samuel's cheeks flare up again, "Oh my god?" he said, way too clearly embarrassed. It was silly to embarrassed by it, but he usually didn't even partake much in the typical 'locker-room talk' that sometimes happened among the guys, talking about what girls in their year were hot and all that, and the game was a little more akin to that than he was comfortable with. But at the same time, he needed t stop being so damn awkward, because he actually kind of thought Ramona was cool and he wouldn't mind being more friendly with her, especially if that meant he didn't always have to hang out with the guys.

".... I don't know, I guess marry Alice, and uh-- um fuck Rosalie? And I love Bella all the way but she's also gives me gay vides so I might have to kill her... Okay wow that did not come out right I didn't mean it like that, I don't like this game," clearly he was incapable of not being awkward.

lxngdon

DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
RAMONA HEMLOCK

Ramona chuckled. Samuel was adorable when he was flustered. Was that mean? Maybe a little. But still, she couldn't ignore the fact that it was completely and totally true. There was just something so sweet and gentle about him that differentiated him from all the other soccer douchebags that went to their school. It was something that Ramona greatly appreciated.

"Wow, you homophobe, I won't be able to hang out with you anymore."
Ramona was joking, but in all seriousness, she absolutely would not be friends with a homophobe. Not that a homophobe would want to be friends with her anyway, but that was beside the point. She fucking hated those people, the assholes who thought that they were better than LGBTQ+ people for some stupid and completely biased reason. Ramona had no time for them.

"But, no, I agree. My bi-fi is definitely detecting some strong gay vibes from Isabella over there."
Ramona was well aware that she had just come out to Samuel, but she didn't care. It was something that she liked to get out of the way as soon as possible when meeting people. She liked them to get to know her for the real Ramona that she was, rather than a fake version of herself that she had let them create, and her sexual preference was a big part of her identity. She certainly wasn't defined by it, but it was part of her, and thus, while she didn't shove it in people's faces, she didn't bother to hide it at all.