Salt

Status
Not open for further replies.
do we have enough characters to start? is there a list of who's on the east and who's on the west?

oh just checked. Yes there is :) thanks!

So i have some more questions about the mers. @Polystical
  1. What happens to their clothes when they go in the ocean? And how would the cover for breasts work? would it be scaly like the one in the picture for my char's tail ?or bare or...? and do they emerge into their human forms from the water naked? how long would it take for them to turn human once they drag themselves from the ocean?
  2. How would the Mers communicate if they saw each other underwater? telepathy?
  3. When they see snippets of each other's lives, how often does that happen? Is it only when they have major emotional events happen? Can they speak to each other that way? for example, if they stared at their written phone number for long enough, would one of the other mers see it and be able to call them?
  4. How far apart should the mers on the east coast live from each other? because east coast is sort of vague. (same with west coast i guess..) Should they meet up near the beginning of the roleplay somehow? Where would we start it? Do they all already know each other or what?

Last edited by a moderator:
I will have a CS up soon. Trying to think of the Animal I want my guy based off of. Alright. I will edit it in here.

I will have a CS up soon. Trying to think of the Animal I want my guy based off of. Alright. I will edit it in here.
If you would be so kind as to put him on the east coast, that would be awesome cuz i think we need more chars on this side :)

also, please update the list when you can @Polystical

I will. I am torn between a Barracuda and a Orca/Killer Whale.

Killer Whale it is.

Last edited:
well there's already an orca sooo looks like you choice is made x)

@Ravenbelle
I will update the list when I get the chance and right now I am busy.
Also, I would greatly appreciate it if you stopped backseat gming. I get that you're excited and you have all these questions, but there's only one gm in this rp and that is me. I will answer your questions in time and if I have an issue with other players, I will address it. Do you understand?

@CrimsonHorizons

There can be more than one orca whale so if you wanted to be that, go ahead.

@Polystical

Oh. >.< I'm really sorry. I mean that's not what I meant to do at all. I totally understand and I'm definitely not trying to take your place or anything. Sincerely, You do your job very well and I appreciate it. Thank you and I apologize.

Reactions: Mundane Monster
GENERAL CHARACTER STATISTICS

Name: Thomas Stein

Name Meaning: Twin Stone

Ethnicity: Germanic

Location: Philadelphia (During School) Washington DC (During Internship period. Currently at DC)

Species: Merman-Moray Eel

Birthday (Month/Day):04/18

Place of Birth: East

Family: Alfonse Stein (Father) 61| Monica Stein (Mother) 58

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

Height:6'4
Weight: 221
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Distinguishing Marks: Large scar on chest from burn as a child.

General Appearance: Tall in stature and broad in width. Her is a muscular individual that never had an issue making his presence known. His blonde hair is more of a dirty blonde than a pure blonde. His hair is neatly made but also flows naturally to the side. Finding shoes for him is a difficult area as he wears a size 15 E shoe.

Blonde-Hairstyles-2012-for-Men_16.jpg
merman_jack_concept_by_kt_exreplica-d6p7wmo.jpg

Strengths: Physical and Mental Strength, Ability to think on the go and make up quick ways to go about things. Has a natural leadership quality about him. Almost predatory in nature he looks at people and analyzes them without meaning to or at times even noticing.

Weaknesses: Because of his size it is hard for him to hide. His footsteps are heavy and he can be tricked if you know how he works.

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose: Figure out what is wrong with him. (Self-Experimentation)

Aspirations: To develop a cure for those who wish it.

Hobbies: FootBall (American Foot Ball), Lacrosse, Video Games (Whats Left of Them.), Reading and Tinkering with mechanical things.

Likes: Reading, Being social, Cats, A lot of food, working out, keeping active (To many to really add.)

Dislikes: Being Left out, extremely loud areas, Authority (When it impedes him.)

Talents: Very intricate (Good with his hands.) Strength (He can move things easily.) Quick to act (Doesn't sit and ponder life when a situation arises.)

Inabilities: Unable to draw what so ever. Cannot write very well making it hard for him to get his thought down onto paper. It seems like he has constant writers block. (He is very capable of writing he just cant figure out how to put his mind onto paper.)

Fears: Being lit on fire once again.

General Personality: Overall Thomas is an individual who is very out going and seems like he has his mind together. Although that isn't always the case as he can be found writing out equations surrounding his latest idea. He suffers from forms of Mania at times which was diagnosed at a young age.

Inner Personality: He is a person deep within that fears he will never be able to figure out what had happened to the human race. He harbors deep hatreds towards the world for its own destruction.
Fondest Memory: Being accepted into a prestigious engineering school.
Biggest Regret: Never following through with Foot Ball scholarship.

SPECIALTY CHARACTERISTICS

Special Skill:
Dangerous Bite: Depending on what he had eaten his bite can be easily fatal. Is able to eat poisonous fish and use their venom to inflict it on others if need be.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History:
Thomas was born to a parent whose history was something to be called a 'Legend' among Engineers. His father had pioneered something that had led to a possible prosperity for the human race. Of course this did not happen as funding was cut short and the public had never learned of anything that had occurred. His father's company went under at the failed attempt and soon he was found jobless.

It was around this time that his father had taken a new job but also signed on to be a tester of one of the new ways to save humanity. He was signed on to be one of the few to test the water extracted. It was not long after that he fell sick. It was nearly a year later and Around this time Thomas was born.

During Thomas's past he was always taught that to survive you had to be stronger, faster and smarter than all those around you. This fight for what is yours mentality drove Thomas forward through his entire life. It was then when he was in college that it all began. He was pursuing a career in the full view of the FYM with high hopes.

It was then that he began to fall ill. After several days he grew stronger again but gained a thirst for water that seemed unquenchable. After several days of drinking water he eventually gave in and went to the one place he felt was the last place. He was growing tired and he eventually dove into the bay. When he hit the water he floated down for several feet before he opened his eyes to find he was breathing and began to feel better. He was both horrified and intrigued at what had happened to him.

The next few days had brought him close the the FYM headquarters as he began his Internship at the main building. He worked close with many of the scientists and saw what they did to Ana first hand. He didn't know what to think about all of it. He wasn't sure if he should flee or just say he wanted to help and show him what had happened. He didn't know why it was happening but if they found out why he knew it would only be a matter of time before he was found. He didn't care... he wanted answer as to why he was like this.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ravenbelle
So i have some more questions about the mers. @Polystical
  1. What happens to their clothes when they go in the ocean? And how would the cover for breasts work? would it be scaly like the one in the picture for my char's tail ?or bare or...? and do they emerge into their human forms from the water naked? how long would it take for them to turn human once they drag themselves from the ocean?
  2. How would the Mers communicate if they saw each other underwater? telepathy?
  3. When they see snippets of each other's lives, how often does that happen? Is it only when they have major emotional events happen? Can they speak to each other that way? for example, if they stared at their written phone number for long enough, would one of the other mers see it and be able to call them?
  4. How far apart should the mers on the east coast live from each other? because east coast is sort of vague. (same with west coast i guess..) Should they meet up near the beginning of the roleplay somehow? Where would we start it? Do they all already know each other or what?
1. If they're wearing pants then the pants get ripped because of the joining the legs and forming of the tail. If they're wearing a skirt or a dress I think it's pretty obvious what happens. (Nothing!)
About the breast covering;
If you're character is sensitive about nudity, then he/she can cover their chest. If they do not care about nudity however, then just let everything hang out. ^^
Also, and I thought this was clear but; The top half of your mermaid is the top half of the human appearance that you chose. You guys know that right? So like for example, if I wanted to have a sea lion mermaid and I wanted a Rebel Wilson face claim, then the finished product would be the head and torso of Rebel Wilson, with a sea lion tail.

If a mer is exiting the water, they will be naked. So it's good practice to carry some clothing in a zip lock baggie. :) Or you could just wear wet clothes I guess, whichever suits your fancy.

As soon as a mer exits the water completely (so their entire body is now on land), they will become human immediately.

2. Yes the mers would communicate telepathically.

3. When another mer is experiencing strong emotion. Nope, if they want to talk to each other they'll just have to call each other up or something. However mers do feel a strong bond with each other, so they can have a vague notion of where the others are.

4. 'Kay because of this, everyone add a vague location for where they are. So like 'outskirts of DC!' or 'Near the Chesapeake bay!' Or something.

Reread the original post if you don't know how the rp will start. It's literally right in the description, I shouldn't have to repeat it. I don't know if the characters know each other or not. Have you guys decided on whether the characters know each other or not? If not, then they don't know each other.

Okay, these questions have been answered. So just...give me a bit of time to process, okay? Give me a little time to update before the next round of questions.

@Whirlwind @Shadicmaster @Ravenbelle @CrimsonHorizons

• Love
Reactions: Ravenbelle
@Shadicmaster
Just checked the volcano explosion map and LA would have been destroyed, so your characters need to live somewhere else.

@CrimsonHorizons
@Whirlwind
@Shadicmaster
@Ravenbelle

So sorry for the delay guys! I got occupied with stuff and the weather.

Here's the IC!
https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/salt.92478/

We will be starting directly after everyone received the memory and thought snippets from Ana. Remember that the closer you are to each other the stronger the bond (so you have a vague notion of where people are) and the further your are the weaker the bond. I don't want anyone to find each other immediately. So for the first two pages, just post reactions to the PSA and Ana's death and personal struggles/life.

I'll try to post tomorrow. Sorry about not having a post up as promptly as everyone else. Have lady issues and first week back in school issues.

@Shadicmaster
Alright, but also remember to change the location of where your mers live, as Los Angeles would have been destroyed in the volcano eruption.

Yes, I will do that as well just before I post

sorry about the sucky post. I was rushed and had to get it out >.>

pretty silent in here....

Yeah well I was waiting for some other people to post before I continued. Anita's post could call for interaction and at the moment Naji's post is in the works.

@CrimsonHorizons
@Ravenbelle
You two still with us?

Yeah I am here I was just wondering if anyone else needed to post before me.

Well there's no set posting order so you can post whenever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.