Salamander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was obviously not Alexander's day, to be fair almost dying had a way of ruining even the best mornings. She had felt a tinge of guilt kicking that man's groin like she would a soccer ball but before she could calm herself down enough to stop running away she had ran directly into a larger problem.

For a moment she thought she had ran into some sort of guided hairless bear but as she was thoughtlessly shoved of his form she realized it was much worse. Rolling onto her back she pushed her frame off the ground, leaning on her elbows only to look up and see the point of a blade. The man had already jumped to his feet holding a short sword she never saw him pull out and wearing old armor that looked vaguely familiar. Alexander didn't know whether to scream, cry, piss herself or do a combination of all three. Her body was frozen in place, rigid in fear that any movement would be her last. Her mind didn't have the same problem, it raced ahead trying to make sense of what she saw. She saw his lips move as he closed one eye his other greyed and obviously wounded some time ago. Yet she didn't hear his words, the moment seemed to be frozen in time as her mind tried to function.

That was when she the dots connected in her head and as she looked from the man to his blade she realized she had seen the shape before. She gasped astonished pushing herself into a sitting position to get a closer look at what was obviously a priceless antique. "Th-that's a Xiphos! That's a rare antique how did you get one in such a pristine condition?" As she spoke her voice started as little more then a whisper but grew louder and bolder as curiosity overcame her, driving out any fear she had for the man. As a smile broke out across her face she continued "Is that genuine Greek armor as well? It can't be! You have to know a skilled Smith to even to recreate such amazing prices. Am I right?"

((Mentioned: @Wolfsin)

Blood quickly turned to water as Raigen was suddenly submerged in a pool of murky water. For a few moments he thought that this was how it felt when the enemy's katana runs you through and your soul is freed from your body but the burning in his lungs suggested otherwise. But why should he care? What happened to the souls of those who had no honor? No! He could not think such things. He still had a chance to redeem himself! Regain his honor!

Opening his eyes Raigen saw the golden dust dance above him and grabbed at it, swimming upward towards his redemption! When finally he broke the waters surface the breeze chilled his features, making him realize that his mask was no longer covering his face. Without a second thought he dove and swam down, away from the glimmer of beautiful sunlight, into the darkness.

When he finally reached the bottom he found his mask half hidden by the black sands. Having it in his grasp the samurai swam up again, this time taking his breath more calmly as he swam to the shore. The sounds of battle were gone. The stench of death replaced by that of damp mossy wood.

For some reason Raigen felt naked, holding the mask in his hand. In the now still water he looked at his own reflection. "Four years. It had been four years since I've seen my own face." Raigen let his fingers slide down his scarred cheek, his anger almost instantly turning to rage and that to sorrow. "I had forgotten how hideous this face was." he growled as the mask was slid over his face again, hiding it from view.

He turned away from his reflection and took his long black hair in his hands and dried it as you would a cloth. After he dried his hair he went about checking each blade. Every one in its place. Now all that was left was to find out where he was.... He let his gaze roam ~ Seeing the mountains, the stars in the daylight, the forest and a few other people scattered around the place where he emerged. Were they they all oblivious to his existence? Was it not they who brought him here? How strange.

Raigen decided to at least try and ask. After all, what harm could it do? He was armed to the teeth. The closest to him was a man that seemed to be admiring his sword. A naked man! But he seemed to be a warrior no less. Raigen approached, making as little noise as a samurai could but got on his knees and bent his head when he was close to the naked man. "Pardon my intrusion, fellow warrior. My name is Zushira, Raigen. I do not know how I came to this world, nor what this world is. Do you perhaps have any information you could share with a samurai?" Raigen hoped to be answered truthfully and not be met by cold steel. The last thing he needed was a battle.

@Dragonized~Glory @Honorific @Sammael9216

Callum had only just returned to the surface in time to hear screaming, running, every noise that one could imagine. Callum glanced about and shook his head, tapping it once in confusion. "What in the hell is going on around here?" A girl, that was attractive no doubt but so strangely dressed, a guy pretending to be a monkey, Some soldier looking armored Goliath, what sounded like a princess... Hell none of it made sense, and it made him all the more comfortable that he had found his sword now.

"Pardon my intrusion, fellow warrior. My name is Zushira, Raigen. I do not know how I came to this world, nor what this world is. Do you perhaps have any information you could share with a samurai?"s

Callum paused for a second then looked at the man. "Beats me. I woke up in a bed of flowers, someone else woke up drowning.. Theres a princess here, a Knight, a spartan, and now a samurai and a pirate, and not a damn thing makes sense right now." Callum was exceedingly good at making light of situations. "So i guess you came from the pond as well then?" At least the Samurai wasn't running around like a damned chicken with their head cut off. At least they were respectful and talking it out. "I am Callum, or as many would know me.. Wraith. A professional bounty hunter, and part- time pirate. It is good to meet someone with some damn sense."

Callum offered his hand, though his other still held his obsidian long blade propped against his shoulder. "Anyways, if you have no idea whats going on, and I ha..."

“Speak creature, be you a soul or a siren in disguise?”

I had an awesome second half to that post, like two three more paragraphs and it poofed when i posted..

So here is the TLDR:

Callum fucks with the Samurai making jokes, and then goes to help Alex, When he gets there he calls Desimus a tin can and tells him to be at ease because the girl is obviously pissing herself harmless. Then He winks and smiles at Alex trying to be comforting, but forgets that he is naked, so its probably not going to work.

Last edited:
@Wolfsin, @Honorific.

Desimus was not entirely sure what was happening. This girl, for the most part appeared to be nothing more than a sniveling brat. Then again, looks can be deceiving. Perhaps this is all a test, a trap to lay down his guard? Ha, she thinks me a fool. Desimus was not persuaded by her pleading looks and cries. Then came a response he was not entirely prepared for. The girl threw away her facade, and lurched forward at his sword. A sparkle in her eye, that almost hinted towards curiosity?

Desimus jerked his arm back as the girl pushed herself forward, and cursed at her as she narrowly missed the tip of his blade, "Son's of Dis! Do you want to impale yourself?" She began to berate him with questions. "This girl is babbling nonsense," he quietly said. Desimus continued to point the blade at the girl, as she continued to eye him in wonderment. He opened his good eye and took a full view of her. She was indeed as pitiful as a starved sparrow, judging by the girth of her hips she would make a poor mistress.

Desimus let out a sigh as he sheathed his blade. Suddenly the sound of dry leaves crunching under foot alerted him. He raised a hand towards the girl and spoke, "Quiet your racket, fool girl." The girl was naturally about to respond but was cut off by a stranger emerging from the thick brush. He addressed Desimus in a rude manor, proclaiming him a 'tin can'? He addressed the girl more formally however, saying she was just frightened. "Why of course she is scared, look at where we are," Desimus spoke as he waved a arm across the scenery as if unveiling a curtain. The stranger had turned from Desimus and no longer acknowledge his presence, preferring to focus his attention on the girl. Desimus took a step forward and placed his hand on the strangers shoulder. "What is a 'tin can' that you say I am? I am Desimus, Primus of the First Cohort, not a 'tin can'," Desimus pipped in, with a puzzling look on his face.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seventy
Dreams of falling soon wake one up. The awakening is cruel; a violent jump from one plane to another.

These thoughts scissored through Seventy's mind. He could not wake up. His hands groped out in the darkness, finding soil and roots. He dug his fingers in trying to find purchase on the roots which snapped under his weight and snaked away from his grasp. Earth clogged his nails and abraded his hands. The act was desperate, and utterly futile.

Why had he chased that golden salamander so compulsively? Why did he want to find it so badly? The image of the creature swam in his mind's eye, a beacon of hope in the pitch blackness.

His hands had become raw from his efforts and buzzed with pain. Pain...

He was not asleep. This was no dream.

Seventy looked blindly around as a new kind of panic settled in. He was actually falling and what awaited him at the bottom of this hole wouldn't be the release of consciousness but death. Just when he had found the urge to live it was going to be cruelly taken away from him. Life had always been unfair to Seventy.

His fingers, now numb loose appendages, continued to flounder at the earthen wall. He didn't give up till he hit the ground.

Something plush and moist cushioned his fall. Seventy was still alive.

Last edited:
Celica said:
"Never... touch... my... hair!" she shouted through her teeth between each jab, imagining the tree was some random guy who happened to be who brought her to this place. Her punches sped up and gained more power, and soon enough, there was a hole reaching the tree's middle.

The inside of the tree was black and moist. Dark sap covered Celica's gauntlets and smelled strongly of copper.

A butterfly with ornamental blue wings fluttered close and landed on Celica's sap-covered gauntlet, its painted wings opening and closing. Two more butterflies arrived soon after and attached themselves to her fists.

Within seconds, Celica was being swarmed by blue butterflies.

They crowded into the hole in the trunk of the tree, and they fought and flapped around Celica herself -- dozens, then a hundred of them covering her hands, flapping in her face, clinging in her damp hair. They were attracted by the dark sap of the tree she had butchered, and would not be frightened away.

Daegon said:
He stopped for a moment and looked at the mountains. He loved the mountains. They usually had fruit trees. And fruits were food! He decided to circle round the pond and avoid all of the other strangers that may potentially kill or injure him any further.

The pond was nestled comfortably in a beautiful alcove, protected from the outside world by the mossy mountains, embraced by trees with soft hanging branches. At the center of the pond was a small island and a huge twisting tree with bare roots curled in the murky water. Someone had recently dug a hole under the roots; fresh soil was overturned and a darkness gaped within. A trickle of shimmering gold wisped out of the hole and joined the current that flowed overhead.

A narrow waterfall flowed gently down a groove in the farthest curve of the mountains; it filled a stream that flowed into the pond. Around the waterfall were different sorts of trees with brighter leaves and heavier branches, many of which were laden with bushels of ripe round fruits. They were round and purple but gathered like bananas; many of them littered the ground at varying degrees of decay, squishy and sweet-smelling, some of them half-eaten by wildlife.

Blue butterflies occasionally fluttered by, all heading toward the opposite side of the pond.

A stone was knocked loose on the mountain and splashed down with a kerplunk into the pool at the bottom of the waterfall. Something moved behind the rocks above.

Flame-Wakes-In-Moonlight said:
"Et'urga moirae?" In the name of the gods? He stepped away from the puddle, afraid it would reach out and grab his soul, or whatever mystic puddles do. Flame-Wakes-in-Moonlight finally stopped to look carefully at his surroundings, and thought to himself: Where am I?

When the ripples from his prodding had stilled, the puddle reflected the stars in the afternoon sky.

The trees that surrounded him were laden with moss and heavy weeping branches; birds warbled thickly among the leaves. Nearby was a stream that flowed into the pond at the center of the shaded alcove. A blue butterfly fluttered past.

From this vantage point, Flame-Wakes-In-Moonlight had an unobstructed view of the tops of the farthest mountains. Something dark moved above the sparkling waterfall, not terribly far away: the beast was mostly hidden behind the rock, but it was clearly taller than a man, spindly and agile and not at all like any creature he had seen before. A thin clawed arm knocked a stone loose then hid out of sight completely before the stone splashed into the water below.

Seventy said:
Why had he chased that golden salamander so compulsively? Why did he want to find it so badly? The image of the creature swam in his mind's eye, a beacon of hope in the pitch blackness.

Something plush and moist cushioned his fall. Seventy was still alive.

drip.

drip.

drip.

Damp, stony darkness enveloped Seventy. He could hear the steady echo of droplets falling into a pool somewhere in the dark below him.

He was sitting on something soft, like feathery moss matted smooth by the cool humidity of the cave.

A flash of gold light appeared in the corner of his eye: the salamander skittered along an opposite wall several yards away; its golden glow cast a wet shimmer on the wall as it ran across the vertical rock.

A silhouette of something else appeared in the salamander's light: the outline of an enormous curved horn, like that of an antelope, much taller than Seventy himself. The salamander skittered closer, revealing in its dim light that the horn protruded from a surface that was soft and misted, just like the plush bed that had cushioned Seventy's fall.

The salamander changed direction, and its golden light revealed a subtle movement. If Seventy were to look closely at the very edge of the golden glow, he might see part of the mossy surface slide apart, like eyelids -- and the watery shimmer of gold light reflecting in a dark eye bigger than Seventy's head.

It stared directly at him.

Pieces of stone cracked loose and plunked in the water below. The plush surface shifted gently beneath Seventy. A sound like a great exhale echoed in the cavern, and a mist of shimmering gold swirled up and disappeared into the darkness above.

Cicera Bellatorraine
The mad jokester, Cicera, awoke from her odd dream of losing air within the hands of the seas. Like a corpse being reanimated, Cicera realized she was still alive, crawling and clawing out of the water like a mummy rising from a tomb. She flicked her head back, looking up at the sky with the last thing she remembered doing, Smiling. She laughed...no, roared like a rabid hyena. The laughter echoed through out the forest, chills were certain to be made by the disturbing sound of madness from the jester. She then threw her head back forward, looking at her hands, full of the liquid she awoke from, almost drooling with her wide open smile. "THAT...HAHA!! THAT WAS...not very funny" she exclaimed to herself, looking at her hands, somewhat disappointed that it wasn't blood on her hands, but simply water. She then stumbled out the water, stretching her muscles from the strange slumber. "Where the hell am I anyway? HELLOOOOOOOO!!!!" she yelled, hopes of getting someone, anyone's attention. If there's one thing that can really counteract madness, it's loneliness. Cicera DOES NOT like to be alone. No people means no jokes, no jokes means no fun, no fun means...no purpose.

The mad woman wandered the forest, feeling like an eternity of walking and thinking, though time has barely moved since Cicera's awakening. "Oh god, is this another dream? How made have I become! Must my dreams now go on layers and layers like a...a...CAKE..." She then paused in horror as she spoke to herself, and gave herself a big slap to the face, and a pull of her hair under the red hood she wore. "UGH! I'm LOSING IT! THIS ISN'T FUNNY, THIS ISN'T FUNNY AT AL-" she said, until pausing once more. She noticed something peculiar in her surroundings, a bush, rustling with a load of colors like a condensed cloud holding a rainbow. Cicera licked her lips, took out an alien looking dagger from her waist, and honked the horn on the bottom of it. She then proceeded to leap into the bush, laughing manically exclaiming "I. SMELL. COLORS!!!!!"

"Bea...ful b... annoying!" Celica exclaimed in response to the sudden swarm of butterflies, some of the sound being cut out by the flapping of so many wings. Crossing her forearms above her head and then quickly lowering them away from her hips, she expected the butterflies to simply burn up. Their were still attacking her, however, hungrily feeding the tree's sap off of her gauntlets. "What?! No fair! Sun Sear doesn't even work in this forest?! Ugh!" In another attempt to kill or scare the winged insects off of herself, Celica slammed her body into the ground and began rolling around, not realizing she was ruining her hair even further.

On top of that, the butterflies were still tenaciously clinging onto the bulky, sap-covered gauntlets on the blonde's forearms. standing up with an appaled look on her face, Celica jumped into the water, hoping these weird bugs couldn't swim. Of all places it could've stopped working, it had to be here! AND my hair's still a mess! When I get it working again, I am going to burn this place to hell!

Raigen Zushira

Raigen got up from his knees as the man who called himself Callum walked away to confront someone else. "Well that was just annoyingly unhelpful." He murmured and shook his head. After taking a deep breath the samurai drew his katana and sought out a dry patch of grass to sit on. He swung his blade, cutting the long grass shorter so he could sit comfortably.

Putting his blade back in its sheath, Raigen crossed his legs and sat down, placing his hands on his lap and closing his eyes. Sometimes a few minutes of quiet meditation helped to settle his mind. But one person could only block out so much noise! His mask showed nothing but behind Raigen was boiling as some lunatic woman was shouting and laughing hysterically. And coming his way! A bad choice on her part!

"I. SMELL. COLORS!"

That was just the last straw! Raigen jumped to his feet, drew the longsword on his back but redirected his blade when he noticed that there was someone else behind the bush that was being pounced with a dagger. "Yah! Raigen called out, hacking the girls cover in half in an attempt to intimidate the insane assassin. Stepping over what was left of the bush Raigen held his blade at the ready. "Your insane rantings are driving me insane! At first I thought you were sneaking up on me, but it seems your target was this girl. Tell me then, what are your real intentions and who are you? Or should I just run you through?" Raigen glanced down at the girl in the colorful clothing before sheathing his longsword and drawing one of his katana just to make the fight seem a little bit more fair if there was going to be one.

Daegon

Now that Daegon was far enough away from the commotion at the pond he could finally let his nerves settle and take in the lush beauty of this new world. The very air he inhaled felt new and unspoiled as if he was the first person to ever walk the soil of this place. Not too far away he could hear a waterfall but the trees towering over him blocked his view. Taken by curiosity he changed his direction of travel to where he was hearing the waterfall. As he drew closer the ground became steeper and steeper uphill until he could barily walk upright.

Finally moving past the last tree Daegon could fully take in the beauty of the waterfall. But it fell into nothingness for there was no pond at the top of the hill. Only a straight rocky fall to ones death. He could see ways down the crevasse but down wasn't the way he wanted to go. Having taken a few moments to feel the tingling mist of the waterfall on his skin Daegon turned away and decided to follow the crevasse and find a place where he could climb over and ascend further up the mountain.

All along the edges of the massive crack in the earth, strange and beautiful flowers were blooming. One patch of flowers however looked trampled. As if something used that part of the edge to hold on as it descended or worse - came up! Daegon suddenly felt as if they were in danger. He had no means of protecting himself and no companions to protect him should something attack him. "We'd best stick to open spaces where we can see what's going on all around us." he whispered to his cat but more to himself. "There's no telling what kinds of beasts may be lurking in the shadows.

Reactions: Beak
Seconds after Celica had finished her angry thoughts, she was starting to calm down. Not long until I have to resurface... But I need more time to-- the butterfly swarm began glowing and submerged into the water, grabbing Celica by her dress and lifting the princess into the air. "Gah! What can't these things do!" she curled upwards and attempted to clap the merciless, magical insects away, but there were too many. Even if she did kill off a few, it would have little effect; the only thing accomplished would be making the flight slightly slower. Giving up, Celica uncurled herself and crossed her arms.

I'm hanging upside-down by my dress, I am soaking wet, and have lost to a swarm of butterflies. There goes all my self respect, she thought to herself in a sarcastic tone when finally, the butterflies had eaten up all the sap off of her clothes. They released the blonde and went back to their daily business as though nothing had happened. Celica's arms stayed crossed and she had a monotonous look on her face. "Being dropped from high places isn't anything new," she informed no one in particular. Her fall ended with her landing (on her back) on top of someone. Someone who happened to not be wearing any clothes.

"Too bad. I was really hoping to be able to split through a tree. Oh, well. Ten points for me!" she stated sarcastically, thinking whomever she landed on might have been killed without seeing them. Celica slowly curtsied to an imaginary audience and began walking through the forest, hoping she'd come across some sort of magical crystal to get her Sun Sear magic back.

(If you want to do something, @Phi Chisym)

"S'ael y'nish ifr'iit." This place is unholy. Flame-Wakes-in-Moonlight retreated from the puddle cautiously, wary for watchful eyes. His new staff held like a ward in front of him, he stalked over to a smaller tree and searched for a low-hanging branch. Satisfied with a particularly strong specimen, he slung his combat stick onto his back and began the climb up. Every pull was measured and painfully slow; he had just been regurgitated by a mystic portal, which had promptly reverted back into a puddle. Now that he thought about it, it had probably been a very undignified sight, his poking of the pool with his stick. Unwarriorlike. Regardless, each movement in this ungodly place had to be calculated to the extreme. These were new spirits, new gods. Flame-Wakes-in-Moonlight didn't even want to know what manner of deities they were. His muscles had begun to ache with each pull. The trees were truly massive, and there was much space to clear between each branch. Flame-Wakes had started jumping between them to clear the distance, and froze in terror as the smaller branches trembled under his weight. He reached the canopy and took a moment to rest. He debated the point of moving above the cover of the leaves. What light leaked through indicated that it was at least noon, so the sun would be beating down on him. And the leaves would hinder him anyway. He needed to find others of his tribe and find a way back to the village. Patting himself down, he found that his belt knife had survived the journey through the portal, though the leather ring it was stuck through was torn slightly.

Taking the knife in hand and disengaging the stick from his back, Flame-Wakes began sharpening its end to a tip. At the same time, he balanced out the opposite end to cut off weight until it was a nearly cylindrical shape. The tip would hold up when used against something of flesh, but wouldn't last long against armor of most kinds, especially the star-rock armor that the Men of the West wear. He'd have to treat it with fire at some point in the near future, preferably before it deformed. Sheathing his knife and slinging his new spear on his back, Flame-Wakes-in-Moonlight crouched atop his branch and surveyed the ecosystem around him, not only with his eyes, but his ears and nose as well.

His sights were, of course, the first to come to mind. The greenery around him was almost overwhelming, if it weren't for the splashes of purple and yellow and red dashed around it. A few he recognized as man-eaters right away; several of the creatures lived within the Iniarni homeland. Few were dangerous for humans, though some were large enough to swallow a man whole. Most of the ones he saw in the forest were of the latter category. Some were even larger. A few of the colors seemed like a variety of flowers and fruits, though he couldn't tell which were poisonous. Then his hearing connected with his eyes: There were no animals to be seen or heard. Perhaps his senses were too dull, or maybe the creatures of this land were even more skilled with camouflage than he. Beyond that deep silence, he heard a slight wind blowing through the leaves, and the rush of water somewhere to the north. Perhaps a waterfall? He smelled the deep musk of a forest, but beneath that something deeply unnatural. Something ancient and dark made flesh... And then he heard it. Something deeply out of place in these woods: Bumbling. A large creature practically crashing through the brush. To a normal human, it might have been quieter than normal. Clearly they knew more about their surroundings than normal, but they seemed to lack sense in some way. They weren't far off. Perhaps a wolf's run away. Prowling along his perch, Flame-Wakes-in-Moonlight took a leap of faith...

Flame-Wakes crouched slightly lower to the forest floor than before. He spied a girl with a strange walking stick carefully stepping over brush and foliage. Her hands were outstretched, and each step was chosen by her stick. He couldn't tell if it was because of the same caution he possessed, or because of some impediment. And then he saw it. A silhouette cast on the ground by an object that wasn't there. The edge gave it away. Flame-Wakes recalled that most of the man-eating plants of his home displayed natural warnings, to ward off predators. Their natural prey ignored them, and were caught by a disguised trap, such as a sticky slime or barbs growing out of the leaves. But some, those that were meant for more intelligent prey, were more complex. They disguised themselves with their surroundings to trap the greater creatures of nature. As with the one the girl was about to walk into. He couldn't see much of her from his perch, but Flame-Wakes-in-Moonlight knew she wasn't aware of the creature. Unable to stand and watch her death, Flame-Wakes leaped to another branch and dropped down on the opposite side of the man-eater, making his landing loud enough to get the girl's attention. "Saa! Hë mar'et re nar'mok!" Stop! A monster is in your path!

Seventy

The great creature rose, carrying Seventy with it. Its head twisted round to gaze down upon the thing which had fallen on it. The glow of the salamander defined its visage like a snapshot before it wriggled away through a crack in the rock. The image imprinted on the boy's mind.

The curved horn he had previously seen had a sister, both protruding from either side of the beast's skull. It had a long reptilian muzzle with two large nostrils which exhaled the golden dust. The beast's body was covered in the damp moss Seventy felt beneath him. The body was long and sinuous with no visible limbs like a serpent. The eyes which peered down at him were slitted and had a sheen of milky whiteness. It was blind.

Seventy was frozen in horror. The creature's mouth parted and breathed out a cloud of gold which blew through him and out through the hole of the cavern.

"Who trespasses in my lair?" a voice like rolling thunder came from its jaws. Its head shot down with impossible speed inches away from Seventy and began to encircle and coil its neck around him. A puff of gold smoke enshrouded the boy once more.

Seventy's mouth was dry. Words would not come out.

Sniff..

Sniff..

"Hmmmm..." The syllable grumbled through the cave. "A curious creature. You smell lost, afraid, lonely. Most pitiful indeed." The serpent's head turned to look Seventy square in the face. Seconds were a lifetime.

"Fear not, mortal, I wish you no harm. I am Nidhogg, He Who Gnaws at the Roots of the World Tree. Pray tell me your name in turn. Are you hungry?"

Seventy could only nod in dumb shock.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 people
Alexander Heson
@Sammael9216
@Wolfsin

Like a laser, Alex's focus is pinpoint. Everything else falls away, fading into nothing as the only things that even existed was her and what she focused on. It was understandable that she didn't here the the third strange man she would meet that day approach. He could of been stomping through the forest screaming her name and she still wouldn't of known he was coming until he right next to her. The man who had been eyeing her up and down just as she did the same did not however have the same problem as her. Something had alerted him as he quickly looked past her, putting his hand up for her to stop speaking, Her brows furrowed as the man called her a fool but she never had a chance to berate him for such an inaccurate statement before a third man steps into the conversation.

He had appeared out of thin air, and though it was unnecessary he came to the defense of Alex. She turned to thank him, flashing him a smile that quickly turned to a look of horror when his would be hero didn't have a single piece of clothing on him. Alexanders cheeks immediately blushed hot red as the stranger gave her a wink as if he didn't even realize he was nude. She thanked every god she could name and the ones she could not when Desimus stepped between them. As quick as she could Alex pointedly looked any other direction then toward the nude stranger. She used Decimus as a barrier between the two of them almost hiding from the man as if it would somehow make the situation any less awkward.

As Decimus introduced himself to the streaker Alex felt it somehow necessary to speak herself. "I'm Alexander. " She said from the relative safety of Decimuses back. "Dad wanted a boy, got me instead. Not to be rude or anything but can you do anything other then stand there being.... naked? Its very inappropriate. Also Desimus " the name itself laced in sarcasm and disbelief. "Mind telling me why you are dressed that way? You can't be a First Cohort. There hadn't been in over 500 years."

Abygail Upton

Is it just me, or has someone kidnap me just to drop me off at some cosplay convention? This is completely insane! Abygail watched the commotion going on before her. It was hard to tell from her vantage point, but it was clear from just the natural clinking of the various metal and leather that most were clad like warriors or rogues. And everyone and their cat were jumping to conclusions as they ran into one person or another, assuming their demons or their notorious and well hidden kidnapper.

They were yelling at each other over nonsense and things that just didn't truly matter at this point, unless they were discussion world history and medieval culture. Really, Aby wasn't sure about the just of most of the conversations. All she gained from out of the strange voices and rhythm of speech and attitude, it was quite clear that everyone was confused about everyone else. They were lost, just like she was, and the only clues they could gain that could help them find...someway back to...wherever the hell they all came from, were to just talk to the others there...

Figuring it might be a good idea to move closer, keeping near the voices that sounded less threatening, Any took a chance. But before she could reveal herself to the group of wanderers... Well, she's not quite sure what happened, because everything just happened all at once.

A wild voice with a very strong accent burst out behind her, out of the blue; throwing her completely out of focus.

"I. SMELL. COLORS!"

Turning around, Aby tried to focus on the small blob of color charging towards her with that high pitched, slightly mental laughter bright and clear in the background of her warcall. Watching the blob moving closer and closer, Aby's senses began to heighten and her feet began to move back automatically. Even though she couldn't quite see the threat before her, her body knew enough about the situation to force her to run. But she didn't get that far, because the bush she once hid behind began to scream and shred itself as if, all of a sudden, it refused to stay in once spot as well. Aby squealed and jumped out of the way of...what it looked to be a sword chewing through the foliage.

"Yah! Your insane rantings are driving me insane!" And out steps from the newly cut path is a very tall man dressed in some rather realistic samurai costume. That didn't stop Aby's feet from moving backward though, regardless if it seems as though he was trying to help her.

This time, in a different direction - she attempted to back away from the new situation before her, because now the man prepared to kill the person who - apparently - was about to kill her. Backing away faster, moving closer towards the tree cover nearby, another wild cry alerted her towards - this time - an unbelievable threat.

"Saa! Hë mar'et re nar'mok!"

That didn't do anything to stop her, for again, it was no language she's ever heard before. She moved even faster this time.

"Stop! A monster is in your path!"

Now, that voice was directed to her, understood fully, and extremely close. Aby stopped her flight - standing just at the edge of the line of trees outlining the forest.

"Who are you!?" she frantically yelled, slashing her cane before her as threatening as she could. "If you're talking about some makeshift costume with two of your friends inside of it, then I'm not biting! There's no such thing as monsters, and you're taking this whole...LARPing thing way too far!"

Talking with her arms, feeling totally embarrassed about running away from some lame guy trying to scare her with a homemade construct; Any wished she wasn't forced, once more, to be the butt of someone's vile joke. And that's when it happened....

Something wrapped around her wrist, then her waist... Before she knew it, whatever it was lifted her off her feet. Her cane fell from her hand and her voice raised higher than it's been since she woke. Yes, either this was a well constructed mechanical costume, and once again the blind girl falls for another prank. Or...or, she's drank far too much pond water.

Last edited:
@Salt Lord @Honorific @Sammael9216

Callum simply chuckled at the Warriors rebuttal and stepped back a few feet. "Well you see a tin can.. is this thing that stores all sorts of goods that you eat. It was reference to you being beef in armor." He laughed aloud and turned back to the strange girl who now took refuge behind tin man. "Well damn looks like I turned out to be the villain in this situation huh? Nothing new there hahaha!" It could easily be assumed that he was crazy, but that wasn't the case. in truth Callum just had a knack for living his life and taking it day by day. He was cold as stone and so barely anything affected him.

"Ahh, don't you appreciate fine art Lady Alexander?" Callum smirked and then struck a pose for the girl. He could tell she was uncomfortable but this was too much fun to pass up. "Ahh there is plenty I can do though, it just happens I am naked cuz my clothes are heavy and soaked, sooo I wasn't going to walk around dripping, besides there is quite a fine breeze, you should really think about joining me miss." Now he was just playing it up.

"Sooo Tin-man, Drowning princess. Where are we, and are we done brandishing weapons like our cocks now? I am tired hungry and complacent so I really don't wanna fight here, plus we aren't the only ones here, it might be a good idea.. to get everyone togeth...

~Unggghh~

Before Callum could finish his sentence he found himself flat on his back. He wasn't alone though. Pseudo spooning with another. A pretty well endowed young blonde haired beauty. "Well shit.. this must be heaven if I have this many women falling for me." Callum couldn't help but laugh as the girl pushed up and started away from him. "Wait, no dinner or anything, you just lay me and go? That isn't very lady like!" Callum called out playfully then pushed up from the ground. Every one of his bones ached from the pressure they had just recieved, but he brushed that aside and stood up. "Ehh the way the sun is I probably can get my clothes now.. Anyways.. I don't mean a threat to anyone, and I want to believe that the majority of us share that notion, but Desimus, Alexander, We should team up and go together. safety in numbers against the unknown after all.. Even if its a temporary alliance, Desimus and I can protect you Alexander." He smiled to both of them. "Think on it you two i will be back." Callum turned from them and left with a final comment.

"Besides... that I need to chase down my Angel that fell from the sky for me... "

With that Callum started off towards where the blonde had walked, and started singing old christian hymnals in a manner similar to bird calls. Conveniently the way she was walking was the way he'd left his clothes. "Come on Angel, where for art thou!"

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Desimus

@Honorific

Desimus could have pretended to be surprised by the naked man, the charismatic girl falling from the sky, and even the frantic cries he could hear close by, but he wasn't. Truth be told he had witnessed far worse scenarios. As the naked man strode off after some harlot, Desimus looked again at the petite girl by his side. Looking at her now, she looked more normal than anyone else he had seen within the last couple minutes. He sighed and cupped his hands over his eyes, weary of today's events. He tried to speak calmly to the girl, but his voice was coarse and distant, "You say your name is Alexander? A boys name is not fit for a girl. As for your question, yes I am of the First Cohort, I was named so by the Emperor himself! You mock my attire, yet you dress yourself like a lowly pleb. Where we in my villa, you would not be so candid with your endless questions, for fear I would remove your tongue."

Desimus allowed his remark to sink into the girls head. Perhaps she would hold her tongue now, although he doubted a woman would remain silent long. All around him fools were acting out, it was as if he had woken to a madness. Desimus flattened his palms outward in a pleading gesture, and raised his head to the sky and spoke to his Gods, "what have I done to offend thy Gods, must I suffer the company of fools for all eternity?" Desimus heard no reply, and gritted his teeth in anger. "Even in the after life, the Gods remain silent!" he said scornfully. He lowered his hands and turned once again to Alexander. "If you wish, you may travel with me. I will not linger here with these fools. I shall make for the edge of this forest and seek my escape from this damnable place," Desimus vowed. After he finished his vow, Desimus extended his hand towards the girl. If she took his hand, it would me that she too would make the same vow, and together they would seek an escape.

"Surga neere!" Foolish girl! Flame-Wakes had no idea what sort of creature it may be that was attempting to eat the girl. What he had interpreted from afar as leaves had separated into strips, their colors shifting as they wrapped around her body and squeezed. The base suddenly flowered and opened up, revealing a maw of blackened teeth, each sharpened to a fine point. The convulsing mass of tentacles started pulling the girl towards the, for lack of a better word, flower. To her credit, she fought hard, but was too weak to beat back the mass of vile shrubbery, and was only pulled further as she struggled. Flame-Wakes had estimated that his spear would hold against flesh, but against a monster such as this? There was only one way to find out. Whipping out his belt knife with one hand and pulling forth his spear with the other, Flame-Wakes charged the creature.

His first thrust missed the writhing tendril that had begun wrapping itself around the girl's throat, but he compensated with a slash from his knife. The vine went limp and fell to the ground, green blood spraying out behind it, and the flower let out an inhuman squeal. His spear struck true the next time, catching one of the vines holding the girl's leg in the center. With effort, he dragged it down, parting the tendril in half. Recognizing a new threat, some of the tentacles stopped trying to restrain the girl, and instead began lashing at Flame-Wakes. He struck wildly against the mass and smacked a few to the side, but one managed to tug his spear away. Cutting a few more in half with his knife, Flame-Wakes dove for the spear, but was caught around the ankle. He reached to slice the tendril where it held him, but got grabbed around the chest. Slamming against the dirt, he wrestled a few of the vines with his hands, biting the one reaching for his hands in half. As the tendril around his chest began to squeeze, Flame-Wakes struck out for a weapon, searching blindly with one hand while the other tried to pry the offending tentacle off of his chest. His fingers closed on something, and he brought it up around, slamming it against the tendril. It only succeeded in angering the beast, which made it squeeze even harder. He heard ribs cracking, and Flame-Wakes cried out in pain. Another tendril latched itself around his throat, and he started to feel his lungs straining for air as his windpipe was crushed. As the life left him, memories flashed before his eyes. Of his childhood, where he would play with the others in the tribe near the river that ran through the Iniarna's forest. Of his youth, where he trained as a shaman with Wolf-Howl-Sings-Eternal. And of his manhood, when he hunted through the trees with his spear-brothers. In fact, he remembered an occasion quite like this one, where they only managed to escape the trap-grass by triggering the...

Almost instinctively, the hand that managed to barely hang on to his unidentified weapon whipped it to the side, where it landed almost perfectly inside the creature's maw. The tendrils unlatched themselves from around the girl and Flame-Wakes-in-Moonlight, reflexively moving back to the plant to help with digestion. With the moment seized, Flame-Wakes ignored the pain that he felt almost everywhere and leapt for his spear and knife. Both in hand, he plunged the spear through the flower bud, going in one side and out the other. With his knife, he opened the hole made by the spear even further, ripping a gash open from end to end. The thing screeched, a high-pitched whine that reverberated through the trees. Its tentacles lashed out in the air, but already they were shriveling as their heart died. Green blood pooled around the flower of the beast, and the vines went limp. In its final death throes, Flame-Wakes thought he saw a flash of light travel down from the carcass and into the ground, rippling out in a wave. At the sight of this, Flame-Wakes dropped to one knee and prayed for forgiveness. He knew not what gods resided here, but he did know that one had lived within the creature he had just slain. It deserved as much as a prayer from him. When he completed his prayer, Flame-Wakes began inspecting the corpse of the creature. The fangs were too small to be of any use on his spear, and the hide too thin to act as armor. But the blood may be poisoned. He wouldn't know for sure until he tested it, and there weren't many living things to test it on. Je'es primera. Best to be prepared. Taking his spear, he dipped the tip in the green blood, wiping off the excess on the carcass. With his spoils claimed, Flame-Wakes turned his attention to the girl. She seemed to have suffered less than him, and was recovering relatively quickly. "Sis al'mera?" You are well?

@Wolfsin

Searching heavily for something that looked like it could restore her magical ability, Celica suddenly began hearing senseless chanting of unknown hymns coming from close behind herself. "Come on Angel, for where art thou!" the voice shouted in a birdlike song. Great, she thought to herself, I'm being haunte-- "Wait... angel?" Her thoughts turned into words as she twirled around on her heels. Her jaw dropped as she stared with wide eyes at the man she now wished she ended up killing with her fall.

"You're... you're not wearing any clothes," she informed him, hoping it was because he woke up with nothing to put on and not because... well... he was a flirt. She wouldn't mind breaking bones if it happened to be the second choice, but she couldn't bring herself to hurt someone who had woken up in an evil forest with the lack of something to wear. "Did you... did you, uhh... wow. Okay, did you wake up with... well... anything on, or..." she found herself stuttering at the fact that she couldn't take her eyes off the man's... parts. "Do you wanna borrow my dress?"

Celica started to not care about whether he was a rapist or not. If she couldn't stop looking at him, she couldn't focus, if she couldn't focus, she couldn't get her Sun Sear back, and if she couldn't get her Sun Sear back, she couldn't escape the forest. It was as simple as that.

Reactions: Beak
Alexander glared toward the naked man as he went off in search for his so called angel that had fell out of the sky. Alexander had only turned to look in his direction after she was sure he had walked away, his words leaving her cheeks hot from embarrassment. Her eyes however were distant, cold as they watched him walk away analyzing the way he moved, the weapon in his hand. With the rush of adrenaline of her near death gone, Alexander returned to her former self. Her face a stony mask hiding the thoughts and emotion she felt underneath. Although her mind had a habit of wandering off it was Desimus who once again pulled her back down to reality. She turned to him to see his head in his hands, tired as she was from the days events.

Alexander looked down at herself only to glare angrily at the man as he insulted the way she dressed. Her arms crossed as he spoke of cutting her tongue out if this was a different place. She watched quietly as she usually does as he rambled on. She listened as he grew frustrated with the situations and seemingly the god themselves before offering her his hand. Her eyes flickered back and forth from his palm to his eyes. "You are a very strange person. " she finally said after a few moments of silence. "But your probably my best bet to not die here. " with that she took hold of his hand, and intertwined her fate with his.

640x906_3152_Bartola_2d_fantasy_girl_woman_face_picture_image_digital_art_zps8vu5jwto.jpg

Her world flipped upside down right before her eyes - literally! Abygail screamed out in fear, flipping herself around as she fought against whatever was attacking her. All she could register was color - sweet colors similar to a spring day, and a scent that reminded her of Forgive-Me-Nots and Buttercups. It was confusing...and rather potent. The potpourri and the blood rushing to her head was causing her eyes to cross and her ears to ring, but she kicked and screamed, scratched and yanked as hard as she could regardless. She couldn't see what held her taunt above the ground, but she knew it wasn't good. The horrible stinging sensations she felt from where the thing attached to her proven that much - that she was in dire danger. It became more apparent when the thing moved her closer and closer to some sort of furnace of stench...the smell of pretty flowers were suddenly taken over by the reeking of old, scorched death and indigestion. She almost lost her lunch. Then, she saw teeth...darkened and sharp.

"PUT ME...DOWN! What the HELL are you trying to do to me?" Her fight, although useless, began to weaken as well as her screams. Abygail's mind also began to wander about if those teeth were actually attached to a real monster, instead of focusing on the fact that she was possibly about to be grinned by them into a pasty substance for consumption. It was as if she was giving up... even when a leathery band started to tightly wrap around her throat, her body just hung there as if all the spirited will-power that use to drive this young woman through hell and high water all her life just - vanished. Truly, deep inside her mind, she was fighting herself; begging for her to fight.

You can't be serious? You can't let these guys win! It's not real, after all... They're not going to murder me in cold blood with...with...LARPage! You've survived worse than this... not as embarrassing though, but worse! Don't. Stop. FIGHTING!

Her free hand reached up to grab at the tendril around her neck...and it suddenly fell loose and dropped to the ground below her. The creature suddenly let out the most god-awful cry, whaling as if something struck him. It sounded so...real! Aby's heart stopped...

"It's...IT'S REAL!" Again, her screams blended with the squeals of the beast attacking her. Her fight returned, for her determination and her will to live drove her into a state of madness. She felt herself dropping, the thick ropes wrapped around her in various places began to loosen or fall off entirely. She knew she wasn't doing anything to stop the creature so easily, unless it detest her cries. It was possible that someone else was down there helping her out. Maybe, just maybe, the people she's spied on all this time, thinking they were a threat, were actually helping her out.

A new voice, a cry of humanly proportions, soon rose from beneath her. Aby, with eyes blurry, swollen and red with tears, a mind lost in madness, confusion and fear, seem to break away from it all to try to find that one voice. Someone was down there, fighting for her life...and their own.

It's happening again! "NO! You'll be killed!" It was one thing for her to lose her life, but for someone else to also fall trying to save her from an unbelievable and impossible threat... She didn't want to live with that thought, for she knew - just like all the other times in her life - she will survive this. But others... won't.

Pleading for the unknown hero to stop fighting, knowing her weak voice could barely lift an ear right now, she tried to find him; going so far as to fold her long hair back from her upside down features so her eyes can see the situation below. Before she could clear her eyes to see something understandable, the beast suddenly released her. Squealing, Aby fell from her hanging tree and landed harshly on the ground below, knocking the wind out of her lungs. She didn't move, only laid in a heap of flesh and bone, gasping for air. Her right wrist, bloody and swollen, wrapped around her sore waist. Her left hand planted firmly against her chest as she hyperventilated in the attempt to fill her lungs. Finally, catching her breath, Aby could do nothing... her energy was gone and her body burned. She felt numb...or swollen, and feverish. Therefore...like as before...it's just best to remain motionless.

The sky was blocked above her with the colorful monster that tried to kill her; fanning and howling in pain and defeat with something...strange sticking out of its center. Trying to pull herself up onto her elbows to see this spectral better - and possibly move further away from it - Aby instead hissed and dropped back to the earth. Her right arm now felt as if it had been removed at the elbow. Her wrist and hand looked horrible - her fingers were ginormous from the swelling; she could barely make a fist. Her head buzzed as if a swarm of bees had taken residence in her ears. Her stomach and ribs felt as if they've been rubbed raw underneath her thin, still damp shirt. But none of this really mattered, because as soon as she took notice of these slight injuries, visibly her body began to manage them just fine - like nothing happened! Still to this day, she had no idea why this happens to her...

Then, right before her darkening eyes, she saw the figure of a man charge the creature for a final blow. The monster ended its day with a watery light show, dousing Aby in the grotesque, green slime it had for blood. Putrid, she covered her face with her arms before rolling over to toss her lunch in the bushes near by. Returning to her back, tears falling from her eyes from just the whole dramatic experience, she tried to clear her mind and come up with some realistic understanding why she was about to be eaten by an unknown, unrealistic creature, that should of been a hand-spun LARP mechanical monster - but wasn't. Why was she there in the first place?

The sky was soon blocked once more by the person who just risked his life for her. He was...alive! Her wide, cloudy eyes showed her surprise, for no one's every been so lucky. Since he sat right before her, she could see him clear enough to know he was a Native American of some sort. He, like most of the people she was able to see before, dressed in a LARP costume that reflected this. But, when he spoke, she could of sworn he sounded French...

"Sis al'mera?"

"I...I don't understand...what you're saying... Shaking her head slightly, this time with folded brow, Aby sighed, "Do you speak...French? Or Spanish? I...really don't know what you want, but...thank you for your help..." Baffled, her thoughts were befuddled. People have helped her out of nasty situations time and time again, and rarely did they live to talk about it. But here sat this one man, a strange one in fact, who was breathing and talking to her after fighting a real live monster... "What's going on? she asked as if the man would be able to understand her. "What was that thing? And...where are we? Did you bring me here?" Wishing she had her cane, just in case the man answered her last question with an unpleasant answer. Focusing her eyes more, she leaned in closer to see the man's face clearer. There, it was visible to her this time - the concern she could hear in his unrecognizable words. He was truly trying to help her.

"I...I think... I'm - okay..." Speaking slowly, hoping he could understand her better if she pronunciation her words, Aby nodded and smiled, trying to reassure him that she will be okay. Shaken up, mentally lethargic and tired; she wanted to sleep, but she was okay.

@The Philosoraptor

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.