Salamander

I think some people posted while I was typing, because I see posts now that I don't remember seeing before. I'm not ignoring you! XD

Name: Celica.

Abstract: The world, drowned in a sea of the Sun's wrath...

Details: Celica looks as though she came straight from royalty. What you couldn't tell by her looks is the last thing you'll experience should you go one-on-one against her.
Actually, the abstract is getting misinterpreted all over the place, sorry. ^^; For everyone else's info as well, what I'm looking for as an abstract is something like: "A princess with a heart of gold" or "A warrior with a bad drinking habit and a passion for battle." Or something. Just a line that we can glance at and get an idea of who your character is.

Would you mind giving a tad more information about Celica? Where/when does she come from? What does she look like? Why is she dangerous?

Okay.

Abstract: A golden-haired beauty with a burning passion for punching things.

Details: Celica doesn't look too strong, but suprisingly, she packs a punch and can take more than a few hits. Her hair isn't exactly golden, but rather a light, fiery yellow. Her bangs sweep from right to left.
She has baby blue eyes and wears a yellow bodice over a white thigh-length dress with puffy sleeves. She also dons golden gauntlets and light yellow boots, and in her hair, a yellow ribbon.

She looks like she came from royalty, and with good reason. Training her whole life with her parent's guards in case something happened to her, she is skilled with almost every weapon nameable, including her fists and legs.

She's about 19.

Sorry the description took so long.

Reactions: Beak

Abstract: A golden-haired beauty with a burning passion for punching things.

Details: Celica doesn't look too strong, but suprisingly, she packs a punch and can take more than a few hits. Her hair isn't exactly golden, but rather a light, fiery yellow. Her bangs sweep from right to left.
She has baby blue eyes and wears a yellow bodice over a white thigh-length dress with puffy sleeves. She also dons golden gauntlets and light yellow boots, and in her hair, a yellow ribbon.

She looks like she came from royalty, and with good reason. Training her whole life with her parent's guards in case something happened to her, she is skilled with almost every weapon nameable, including her fists and legs.

She's about 19.
Thanks. That works for me! :) I'd like to also mention this is an Intermediate level RP. Are you prepared and willing to write at least a paragraph per post, and focus on character development? Also keep in mind there will not be much fighting, especially at first. There are no NPCs, no enemies, and no monsters to fight. Not until much later.

Also, please take note that this RP is not instant. Posts will be one every few days, maybe even one a week per person. If you're looking for something very short and very fast-paced, this is not the RP you are looking for. :)

:/

This is the only one I've found so far. I won't give up so easily.

What if everyone's on at the same time?

It usually doesn't work that way, especially for people who like to take their time thinking and writing a long post. :)

I have just the thing for you! Check out the Jump-In Roleplays Forum. Those usually go very fast, and most of them encourage short, quick posts. You don't even need to get permission before posting in the RP.

Reactions: Salt Lord
Im gonna add a small section besides my version of the abstract to get what you actually wanted there. ill call it (brief)

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Sammael9216
-Tribal-_concept_art.jpg

Name: Flame-Wakes-in-Moonlight

Abstract: Born in silence, raised in war, weaned on knowledge, cast into madness.

Details: Originally a warrior-priest of the Iniarna (known most inaccurately by the more civilized world as the "Shadow People" for their reclusive nature and uncanny camouflage) tribe, Flame-Wakes-in-Moonlight was born beneath the Hunter, a sign from his gods that he was destined to be a warrior. Despite this predetermined fate, he found himself more attracted to the natural world, and apprenticed for a time under his tribe's shaman to know the reagents of the Iniarna's homeland. To the "civilized" world beyond his tribe's territory, he would have been a great alchemist. However, due to the precarious nature of the Iniarna (being situated between other warring tribes and the expanding reach of the Westerners), more warriors were needed than shamans. While not desiring this fate, his destiny proved to have been read correctly, as he was one of the greatest fighters in his tribe, and collected much honor for the gods.

He is slow to anger, but burns with unshakable fury when roused. Due to his training as both a warrior and a shaman, he has a close connection with nature, and may find it easier to connect with the elementals inhabiting his new home, while at the same time being more easily corruptible by the darker gods. Flame-Wakes-in-Moonlight is most at home wielding a spear, and has some skill with poisons and healing herbs.

Consumed by the Dark Gods - Abolus.jpg

Master of Nature - 1377605-forest_shaman_by_sandara.jpg

Student of Alchemy - bc074f1073708f38b25680a12443dc5c.jpg

I saw @Dragonized~Glory do this, and I just had to follow suit! How is it, Beak?

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Im gonna add a small section besides my version of the abstract to get what you actually wanted there. ill call it (brief)
Cool beans. :)

Name: Flame-Wakes-in-Moonlight

Abstract: Born in silence, raised in war, weaned on knowledge, cast into madness.

Details: Originally a warrior-priest of the Iniarna (known most inaccurately by the more civilized world as the "Shadow People" for their reclusive nature and uncanny camouflage) tribe, Flame-Wakes-in-Moonlight was born beneath the Hunter, a sign from his gods that he was destined to be a warrior. Despite this predetermined fate, he found himself more attracted to the natural world, and apprenticed for a time under his tribe's shaman to know the reagents of the Iniarna's homeland. To the "civilized" world beyond his tribe's territory, he would have been a great alchemist. However, due to the precarious nature of the Iniarna (being situated between other warring tribes and the expanding reach of the Westerners), more warriors were needed than shamans. While not desiring this fate, his destiny proved to have been read correctly, as he was one of the greatest fighters in his tribe, and collected much honor for the gods.

He is slow to anger, but burns with unshakable fury when roused. Due to his training as both a warrior and a shaman, he has a close connection with nature, and may find it easier to connect with the elementals inhabiting his new home, while at the same time being more easily corruptible by the darker gods. Flame-Wakes-in-Moonlight is most at home wielding a spear, and has some skill with poisons and healing herbs.
I like him very much! :D His affinity with nature will surely be an asset. And yes, that "possible futures" idea is a nifty and useful one.

At the risk of sounding noobish, how does one ping other players with a link, as you did there with Dragonized~Glory?

Ita actually very simple, its just @ before their username. See @Beak

Type @ then the name of person your linking.

Haha yeah, this ain't no twitter feed. But, ah well -- at least this way it's clear that's a username and not a linked thread or something. I guess. XD

Later tonight I'm gonna properly organize the approved characters and work on a semblance of an opening post. For now, I need sugar.

In the meantime, chuck your awesome ideas at me, if you like.

Reactions: Wolfsin
[Fieldbox=Erik Holland, green]

Abstract: Rooted firmly, thoughtfully articulate, a mediator

Details: Erik grew up just outside of the bay area and is currently attending USF (University of San Francisco) for Psychology in his third year. He does not like conflict and has always been the one to help maintain harmony in groups. Be it his friends, family, or others. He always thinks before he acts and has a healthy skepticism towards others and his surroundings.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:

Details: Erik grew up just outside of the bay area and is currently attending USF (University of San Francisco) for Psychology in his third year. He does not like conflict and has always been the one to help maintain harmony in groups. Be it his friends, family, or others. He always thinks before he acts and has a healthy skepticism towards others and his surroundings.
Awesome! His personality -- and Psychology experience -- may be sorely needed in this group so far. XD

Reactions: Wolfsin
[Fieldbox=Erik Holland, green]

[/fieldbox]

I will add an image when I find one I like.

Oh shit, we have a normal guy! AWESOME! He's gonna be the first to die, right?

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
232b62d5f80959360fb83be1e3b52c88.jpg

Name: Desimus Velarian

Abstract: To die a glorious death in the service of one's country, is the only joy a soldier can ever hope to achieve.

Detail: Desimus was born and raised in Alara. There he grew into adulthood admiring the heroes and legends that came before him. His world was once lush and beautiful, but centuries of war have stained the ground red. Once there where fields of wheat like golden seas, now a barren waste of scorched earth. What is left are city-states, each one desperate for more fertile land. Never ending war has left its mark upon the people of Alara. Young boys turn into men years before their time, and the young men die far too young in this world of war. Desimus was skilled and ruthless enough to reach an age not often seen among his people. He has grown accustomed to death and violence, and it has served to keep him alive. He has searched all his life for the glorious death deserving of a hero, but no enemy yet has proved up to the challenge.