Salamander: A Folklore Fantasy Sandbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Beak I can work with that. As for the language barrier, why not do the Hollywood. Meaning everyone speaks the same language even though they come from different periods in time, and it is never explained how or why. I mean is it absolutely imperative that this has to be explained, just say fuck it and go with it.

Im in agreement with sammael, Otherwise make it a Huge deal, and connect it to the main plot you are hiding from us. Make it something that IS imperative to the reason we are there to begin with. You could swing it either way. I LOVE the idea of cause and effect, I MAY switch back to that route for my own roleplay im still deciding on that, I tried it once before, and it gets hard to manage with two many players... But my rp has weeded down fairly nicely so Who knows! Im excited to start this when im able, so let me know when we are clear to start making character ideas.

When were you planning to get this rp started? Since we already have 3-5 (I can't count >.<) rpers interested, we can jump into the character creation and get this thing underway.

Reactions: Beak and Wolfsin
As for the language barrier, why not do the Hollywood. Meaning everyone speaks the same language even though they come from different periods in time, and it is never explained how or why. I mean is it absolutely imperative that this has to be explained, just say fuck it and go with it.
That seems to be the most logical and simple way of doing it -- and would cut out the obligatory yet mundane "Why can I understand you?!" series of posts if the facts were otherwise.

Otherwise make it a Huge deal, and connect it to the main plot you are hiding from us. Make it something that IS imperative to the reason we are there to begin with. You could swing it either way. I LOVE the idea of cause and effect, I MAY switch back to that route for my own roleplay im still deciding on that, I tried it once before, and it gets hard to manage with two many players... But my rp has weeded down fairly nicely so Who knows! Im excited to start this when im able, so let me know when we are clear to start making character ideas.
Also a great idea worth thinking about. Hrrmm....
When were you planning to get this rp started? Since we already have 3-5 (I can't count >.<) rpers interested, we can jump into the character creation and get this thing underway.
Yes! Right! Excellent! Ok, I'll run over and put up an OOC thread. :D I'm rather new to this particular site, but I assume the signup thread should go under that Signups subforum under Fantasy -- and I will link the thread here when it's done. I assume we should move discussions there instead of flooding the interest check, but let me know if I'm mistaken.

In the meantime, yes, definitely go ahead with character ideas!

Edit: Here we go. I made a thing. <-- clicky there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly that! I have no solid ideas on what it is, exactly -- whether it's an item or a spell or a property of the environment as a whole -- so if you have any ideas/preferences definitely give a shout. :)
BABBLE FISH!

Reactions: Honor-Sama and Beak
You could simply go with the idea of everyone understanding everyone universally in their own language without any explanation at all. Everyone speaks the same language as your character's. At least in the perception of your character.

Reactions: Beak
Is this from an actual series or is this something you made up?

If you created it, I'd like to join.

Is this from an actual series or is this something you made up?

If you created it, I'd like to join.
It is indeed original, and will continue to be made up as we go. ;) Please do click on over to the signup thread, we'd love to have you!

You could simply go with the idea of everyone understanding everyone universally in their own language without any explanation at all. Everyone speaks the same language as your character's. At least in the perception of your character.
This is a simple and easy solution, I like it. :) If it ever comes up in-character, this might be the way to go.

Reactions: Salt Lord
Is this RP still open?

Reactions: Beak and Wolfsin
Far as I know its only just beginning so more and new characters is welcome, but im not the gm either.

Welcome back beaky =D

Reactions: Beak
Thanks to the mods for moving this thread to its new shiny home of shininess. :3 Interest Check has EVOLVED to RP AD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.