Saint Jude Orphanage - A Coming of Age Roleplay

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Shutinette, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Children seems to always see the world in black or white, good against evil, but are things really that simple? The world is neither Heaven nor Hell, those who grow up discover. This is the time to wake up, to grow up, young one, for the future lay beyond the starkness of contrasts and in the haziness of greys.

Welcome to Saint-Jude Orphanage, or Hell, as some children inhabiting the old and run down establishment call it. But your time as a child is about to end, as a matter of fact, you were recently transferred here, in this city orphanage to start looking for a job in the streets of London, your twelfth birthday having arrived and gone by in a flash. Responsibility for both yourself and others will slowly be shifted to you over the following years left until your adulthood, and life in the era of the Great War will change for you, perhaps making you long to these sad days of childhood, or perhaps making you see others differently, the fact remain that much will change, and there is nothing you can do about it but adapt.

You were sent with a small amount of useful supplies and the goodbye of the children and caretakers you have known all your life, a simple amount of currency and notes as to how to reach the new step of your life. Enjoy the scenery and think about your future, for your arrival will be a busy one...

Welcome to my latest Interest Check, this one will be a tale of growing up and that not everything is as it first seem. Set in 1916, the Great War have still two years to wage on, and everything is glum and grey as a result. Dreams will changes, promises made, and maybe even hearts broken, but there always must be hope and compassion left in this world, for, after all, this is a life drama, not a tragedy.

I'm seeking an handful of roleplayers ready for a relatively long but hopefully rewarding ride as you will all take the place of a young teenage orphan and, should your pitch be good enough, a staff member. Be aware I seek three dimensional characters, not carton cut-outs. Mostly, though, I want us to enjoy ourselves, so don't strain yourselves with too much characters, please. I'll leave the number to your good judgement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.