SAINT CITY SAVIORS ★ An OC DC Universe RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tyrannosaurus Rekt

Original poster
SCS%20Banner_zps7pzra1m7.png

STATUS: Interest Check | LEVEL: Lazy Advanced | PEOPLE INTERESTED: 0/5 | CANON OR OC: OC

Saint City is one of the largest cities in America, it rivals Gotham in its size and populace. Yet, unlike any other city in America, it isn't situated on the ground. It floats. It is an artificial city created by inventor and business mogul, Samson Saint. A technological miracle that has been in place for nearly ten years. It has everything that anyone could want, and no reason for anyone to leave. There are means to, though. It is anchored to a small island off the west coast. Some thought it was a modern marvel that would go down in history. Others thought it was an abomination. A few attacks have been launched on Saint City, but their police force is considered top notch, and they also get help from visiting superheroes.

Yet, there wouldn't be a story if everything remained that peaceful. On Halloween night, an energy bubble appeared around the city. No one could enter or leave it. It was then that all electronic devices showed a masked woman.

"Saint City belongs to me now, Madam Vice, and my Society of Discord. If you just let us take over, we promise we'll take it easy on you. My precious children do need their pets." The camera then panned back. "And to make my point, here's Captain Merriland." The middle-aged police captain was tied up and gagged. He was bloody but not broken. Madam Vice pointed her finger at him. There was a small flash of light and a hole appeared in the middle of the captain's head, blood and brain matter poured from it and the captain slouched forward—dead. "As I said, this is our city now. Our city of villainy. Keep your eyes on the television. I'll give you more orders here soon."

With that she was gone. The electricity flickered and shut off. Only certain areas remained lit up, but they were heavily guarded by Madam Vice and her Society.

You knew you had to do something. You were a superhero, this was your oath. But Madam Vice seemed very powerful, and you were outnumbered.

It was then that you get a text.

"I know who you are, and I know you have powers. I also know how to get the power back on. Meet me at the Power Station. I'm taking the city back."

• That's the gist of the RP, or at least the beginning of it. I know it sounds simple, and like the plot is going to be linear in dismantling Madame Vice and her Society of Discord, but there's a lot more than that going on here. The RP is going to involve a lot of different elements as politics are going to play a very large part of the RP. You may or may not succeed depending on who you befriend, who you double cross, and who you decide to back. Not to mention, not everything is as it seems. That being said, that's a little further in the RP. In the beginning it will start out a common superhero adventure. Ragtag team is formed of various personalities and abilities. So, let's get to the nitty gritty of what I expect in the RP.
  • Red Star only. This is not because this RP is going to be an erotic one, but because I'll be using Discord for the OOC chatter (I've found that it works really well in keeping up interest.) The Discord chat WILL abide by Iwaku rules, and if they're broken I will evict you from the chat, the RP, and report you. Keep that in mind. So. Why only red star? It'll be easier to police, and I don't have to worry about making sure everything is decent for both age groups at all times. It's just to save me one headache.
  • Once a week. Write as little or as much as you think is necessary, just as long as progresses the conversation/plot/action forward. Yes, you can collab with other players if you're having a conversation and want to make it flow and seem snappy. Just let me know.
  • Above all, this RP is made to be FUN. Yes, it will get dark at times, and there will be serious moments. But, this RP isn't supposed to be serious all the time. There will be dumb villains. Silly moments. Maybe even some infiltration, espionage, and disguise wearing. Just to give you some context, I watched a shit ton of Legends of Tomorrow, recently. So. That. There will be violence, action, drama, romance, etc. That being said, this is not an erotic RP. If you want your characters to get jiggy with it, do it in PMs or a different thread. Though if you do decide to do it in a different thread, make sure it is in the appropriate forum, and please link it back to me. Why? Because this is my baby world. I'm controller over it. *evil laughter ensues*
  • One hero per person. You can make a non-hero character that can be interacted without outside of missions, I don't mind that… just avoid making them a special snow flake. "What if I'm not feeling my character?" You ask. You can make another hero character, though there may be a few limitations placed on them due to how far we're into the RP. That hero character will replace your current one. Just avoid doing this too many times.
  • Illustrations or text only. UPDATED: Photography is allowed. But two rules: no celebrities or people I would recognize easily. And all photography has to reflect the theme and setting of the RP. Still, no animu.
  • Know as much or as little as you want. The universe is mostly scene dressing and to give comparisons and backstory to the world. Saint City, as I'm sure you know, is made up by me. Madame Vice, Samson Saint, Captain Elias Gravestone, literally any NPC you will interact with, I made up. So, do you don't have to know anything about the DC Universe to participate. And if you do know a lot, good on you. Though, try to avoid telling me that I'm lifting certain character archetypes and plot beats from X Comic. Yeah. I know. Comics are repetitious in their set up, and this will have a lot of similar notes as any origin story.
  • So, will there be any canon DC heroes/characters? Maaayybbeeee~ but they won't be the main focal point of this RP. This RP is all about you.

• Alright, this gets its own thing, because this is where I'm going to really double down on things. From here on out it may seem like I'm really limiting you and what you can do, but I've been in enough superhero RPs to know what works and what doesn't. These are the parameters of character creation.
  • B or C-Listers. Not A-Listers. Your character's abilities wouldn't get them in the JLA alone, you'd need a pretty solid reputation. So. Below that. Please don't get offended if I tell you to tone your character down. I know the level of baddies in this RP, and I want the taking down of them to be a group effort.

• ★ God-like powers. No omnipotence. No omniscience. No Demi-Gods. No Gods. No Ancient Spirits from back in the day that control all the planet. Things like that.
    ★ No telepathy. No mind control. No any form of thought reading or influencing. Just avoid psychic powers if you can. Telekinesis and the like are fine, but it'll be very limited.
    ★ No having powers that are insta-kills or impossible to dodge/block/negate.
    ★ No being the "best" at anything. We're in the DCU, there's already the strongest/smartest/fastest/handsomest. Your character is not going to be any of that.
    ★ No powers that negate damage like invincibility.
    ★ And on that note: no Kryptonians, Kryptonian clones, or any species that has so many abilities it makes then nigh-impervious to the plot.
    ★ No being blood related to a canon character. No, you can't be Batman' s OTHER son, Steve, the one that no one talks about. That being said, if your idea hinges on this, you can talk to me, but I'll really only let certain exceptions go by. On that note, you CAN have your character pick up the mantle of a pre-existing canon character. Just make sure that they're either retired/dead/whatever. I know. That might be hard to verify given that NO ONE can stay dead in the DC Universe and there are so many iterations of so many stories, but if you talk to me about it, I'm sure we can land on something.
    ★ No villains. Your character either needs to be a) a hero b) an anti-hero (I'm only going to have a couple of those) or c) a reformed villain that has NO villainous tendencies. They wouldn't be put on this team if they were believed to cause more harm than good.
    ★ No one under the age of 18. The creator of this team wouldn't put kids in danger, and honestly if you do decide to get all romance-y, I want it to be very legal.
    ★ And lastly, no stealing anyone else's thunder. If you see that a character already has certain abilities, don't also make your character have those abilities. Or if they have certain personality traits or background, don't have those either. This is to keep us from having like 5 brooders, or 3 fame seekers, or 9 super rich playboys. You get the gist. Make your own thing. Own it.
  • Does your hero have to have powers?
    Nope. They can just have a very special set of skills like Green Arrow, Black Canary, Batman, etc. But I will still judge them against people with powers. Not having powers doesn't mean you can get away with more.

Can you be a Green Lantern? Part of the Bat Family? Part of another pre-existing DC group?
    Sure, but a very mediocre Green Lantern. They're on the higher end of the power spectrum. Let's avoid the Bat Family like… whoah. That being said, also the Super Family. Honestly, just avoid groups in which your character's existence would usurp the entire plot of their existence. Does that make sense? I'll take this on a case by case basis, but feel free to ask.

As the GM, Rekt, are you going to have a Character?
    Nope. I'm going to be playing a boat load of NPCs that will push the plot around. That being said, they are free to interact with at any time if you want to. You can treat them as me having numerous PCs. I will not have a hero character that goes with your characters. The creator of the team will speak to you via comms and help nudge the plot and action along. But that's it. I won't be punching baddies with you. And yes the majority of them are romanceable, because I'm trash and I love romance.

Can I make my own alien race?
    Sure. Go to town. Just avoid the aforementioned 'no's.

Can I be a Time Traveler?
    Eehhhhh… I guess. Talk to me about it. I mean, I love me some DC time travelers, so I won't knock this out of the RP. But know that your character can't know everything there is to know. Their existence within this time has affected the timeline and changed the endgame. I can let you have a few things, but you won't know the future. Sorry.

So, How Do I Show Interest?
    Just post on this thread. Give me more than: "I'm interested." Maybe tell me what kind of character you're interested in playing. Or ask me questions. You know. Something.

How Many People do You Need?
    This is not going to be a large RP. If I get at least five, I'll start a thread. That being said, that thread will be labeled as "Open" for anyone that missed the Interest Check… I'm not a monster. But people who came to me in the Interest Check will get preferential treatment, especially if I've already OK'd your ability.
[/hr][/hr][/hr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so to be clear, we're only allowed to have text descriptions or drawn characters, correct? Is that just a personal preference or?

Reactions: Tyrannosaurus Rekt
My question is the same as hers as it is hard to find decent illustrations and description really doesn't do the character justice in bringing them to life.

I truly love the concept you have laid out here though , Dear.

Okay, so to be clear, we're only allowed to have text descriptions or drawn characters, correct? Is that just a personal preference or?
My question is the same as hers as it is hard to find decent illustrations and description really doesn't do the character justice in bringing them to life.

It's thematic. I literally have illustrations for everyone and everything. It's also to keep up a comic-book feel, and allow for people to find more outlandish things. That being said, I won't say no to photo-realism. And I guess I'll allow photography, even though my character pictures are pretty cartoony in comparison. Because, I do understand it is hard to find good illustrations of various ethnicities, which is unfortunate, but white people be everywhere in drawings.

Just a couple of rules to photography: no celebrities or people I can easily identify AND avoid pictures that don't look like they would be a part of this universe/setting.

I truly love the concept you have laid out here though , Dear.
Thanks. This is my plot baby. I love me the DC Universe, and I've wanted to do something involving OCs for a while now.

• Love
Reactions: Shayla
Mm, darn... Maybe later, but not now (if that chance ever comes up, since I know spots are limited). I had a character I was hoping to use lol, but she's got an actress' face haha! So, I'll have to back out. Beautiful idea, though. Good luck! c:

Mm, darn... Maybe later, but not now (if that chance ever comes up, since I know spots are limited). I had a character I was hoping to use lol, but she's got an actress' face haha! So, I'll have to back out. Beautiful idea, though. Good luck! c:
Ah. Yeah. Sorry, I like some cognitive dissonance between famous people and characters. But thank you! And I'll always see you around in that Star Wars RP. Welcome to sass land. XD

I will shove some interest in here. I have a couple of thoughts on characters already, though I'd like to see what others come up with - one is an ex-child sidekick with robotics instead of bones, another is a magical sword-weilder, and a third is kind of... dragon-y/transformer-y? If the OOC goes up I will flesh one of those out more haha.

I have a ? Project Aries from smallville series had a supersoldier with multiple abilities is a character from this ok to use or is it to high in level to what you are looking for!

I will shove some interest in here. I have a couple of thoughts on characters already, though I'd like to see what others come up with - one is an ex-child sidekick with robotics instead of bones, another is a magical sword-weilder, and a third is kind of... dragon-y/transformer-y? If the OOC goes up I will flesh one of those out more haha.
Hello, complete and total stranger that didn't at all listen to me discuss this to them yesterday. Your interest is noted.

Possible interest
Alright. Good to hear. I do plan on getting a banner up for this and paying off asking some friends if they'd be interested. So, I do plan to get this up and running soon. I'm off this week and I can focus on these things.

I have a ? Project Aries from smallville series had a supersoldier with multiple abilities is a character from this ok to use or is it to high in level to what you are looking for!
Wow. I have not thought about Smallville in a minute. Hm. Refresh my memory. What sort of abilities would that mean? There are like a million super soldier projects in this universe. I'm bad at keeping up with all of them. But, some of the tamer ones would be fine. Enhanced humans are a'okay. Enhanced metahumans are probably fine, too. Case by case basis.

• Love
Reactions: Niiwa
*throws in interest card*

Hi! I liked the idea a lot, but with so much unclear, there are some questions still in my head. Also, I do wish to make a character that synchronizes with the story a bit more, considering this is an OC and my knowledge of DC is mediocre to say the least.

I have some ideas for characters, right now I'm a little busy, but I can PM you when I get home, which should be... In quite some time. For now, I'm just here to say that I'm really interested and I really liked the idea.

Hi! I liked the idea a lot, but with so much unclear, there are some questions still in my head.
Ask away. I'll help you with whatever you find unclear. To be honest, I haven't put everything down in this RP yet, because I didn't want the interest check to get overwhelming. I know my mind turns to pudding when I'm reading a massive interest check. But that's me.

Also, I do wish to make a character that synchronizes with the story a bit more, considering this is an OC and my knowledge of DC is mediocre to say the least.
You really don't need to know much about DC as this is set apart from the canon world. I just placed it in there due to the fact that it's easier to have a background people are familiar with. Also, so people can reference other characters for comparison, setting, and backstory purposes. Fun stuff.
I have some ideas for characters, right now I'm a little busy, but I can PM you when I get home, which should be... In quite some time. For now, I'm just here to say that I'm really interested and I really liked the idea.
PM away. No rush. I've got a few things to do today, and so I'll get back to you when I can.

Super strength,super speed,invisibility,forcefield generation could stop most physical attacks but chemical or energy , elemental attacks can break through

Wes Keenan was able to knock around a teenage Clark Kent but not do any lasting damage just stun him when they fought in the episode prototype his super strength came from alien DNA of Titan who was played by Kane in an earlier episode

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks pretty interesting, I would like to make an anti-hero but he will not have any superpowers. Anyways I'm confirming to be interest into this OC of DC. I know some DC but I'm not well educated on the whole lore.

Super strength,super speed,invisibility,forcefield generation could stop most physical attacks but chemical or energy , elemental attacks can break through

Wes Keenan was able to knock around a teenage Clark Kent but not do any lasting damage just stun him when they fought in the episode prototype his super strength came from alien DNA of Titan who was played by Kane in an earlier episode
You sent a PM, and I'll address it there. Thank you!

Looks pretty interesting, I would like to make an anti-hero but he will not have any superpowers. Anyways I'm confirming to be interest into this OC of DC. I know some DC but I'm not well educated on the whole lore.
Not being knowledgeable in DC is fine. It is more of a setting than a strict ruling. A character with skills over power is perfectly fine. I have no barring against it. What are you thinking?

Not being knowledgeable in DC is fine. It is more of a setting than a strict ruling. A character with skills over power is perfectly fine. I have no barring against it. What are you thinking?
I'm thinking having a character who is a bit similar to the Punisher from marvel. His set of skills would be made from his military background. I already do have a character planned for a type of RP like this. The actions he does though are controversy like killing rather then handing them into custody. Interacting with heroes though he would work with trying to make the city free again but I have feeling that some would rather then not execute the bad guys. I'm hoping the controversy isn't too harsh for this kind of story.

• Love
Reactions: Justin
This Pretty Pony is going to bed so I will look this over tomorrow^^.

Reactions: Mundane Monster
!!!! Im definitely interested

Status
Not open for further replies.