Sailor Take Warning! (Moogle and I)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Wound?" Christina smiled. "So I didn't miss you, I just hit your captain?" She said a little happier than expected but suddenly went serious. "You rat, you let him go in first just in case. Didn't you." She smirked, shaking her head slightly. "Your no better than I." She muttered. Christina began looking around the room, avoiding looking at him now.

John stared the girl down. "It was a team effort. Sacrifices are necessary to accomplish the greater good. I knew that the captain wouldn't be mortally wounded, and I trusted my abilities to keep him alive. He got a minor scrape, and that is all. And to be quite fair, I do believe I am better than you in this situation. Afterall, I'm not the one with their body bound. Right now, you're no better than the slaves that the colonists in the Americas use for free labor, you know that?" John smiled with insanity towards the girl. He was trying to get her riled up, and was poking around to see which spots, verbally, hurt her the most.

Christina scoffed. "Sacrifices? Right." Her face began to redden angrily. "Better than me? You just tied me up because you know I could kill you!" She interrupted him, trying to move towards him. She clenched her teeth glaring at him and breathing hard. "Slave?! Don't you dare call me a slave! Your words are ignorant!" She snapped, moving again. "You just let me free and see if you make it out of here with your head!"

By that time Leon had descended to the door and finding it was locked, knocked on the door harshly.

"Why shouldn't I call you a slave? You've earned a title of no more importance. For all that I know, you're some sort of Spanish cutthroat. You fled the guards even faster than I did, however you jumped out of a fucking window. Seems pretty shady to m...-" John got up from his chair and went over to the door and stared out of the peep hole. He was met with Leon's face. John quickly unlocked it and oepened the door inward to the room, allowing Leon to enter. The entire time, he kept a well-trained eye on the girl, making sure she wasn't trying anything.

"You-" she froze when she heard the knock and watched the door to see who it was.

Leon stepped through the doorway, giving a irritated look at John only briefly before looking across at Christina. He laughed slightly at her obviously angry state. "So, I assume you've figured out everything? Why she followed you." He questioned John, looking back at him.

"Yeah. Well at least what the scoundrel told me." John repeated everything that Christina had told him and mentioned everything that he'd told her. Nothing of what he had said, however, was incriminating against their crew, ship, or people.

"Hm." Leon said at the end. "Well, if that's the case, just get rid of her then. We have no use for her." Leon only glanced at Christina before turning away from her. "Are you sure she's not going to be trouble for us? It might be best if you killed her. Just in case."

"She was talking about some shit about being of use to us. But I'm not sure we could trust her. However, it's your decision captain. Do you really want someone who made an attempt on both of our lives on the ship? And then someone with a vengeful spirit. I mean. Look at her." He shook his head. "It would probably bode us well to kill her, however, you can decide for yourself."

Leon glanced back at Christina, who was starring at them suspiciously. "Well, if she's a spy, why don't you get all the info you can out of her at why the guards might be here and then kill her. No hurt getting something positive from this situation. " he said, glancing at her wrapped shoulder.

"Well she's not exactly the most talkative one. And I doubt now that you just mentioned that we are going to kill her, infront of her, that she'd be willing to comply any more than she had previously." John said, running a hand through his hair and shaking his head, genuinely conflicted with the situation.

Leon sighed. "Then get rid of her. She's your problem." He said irritated. "Just make it quick and don't let anyone see you." With that Leon turned and left to the upper deck.

Christina watched John in silence. She wondered what he would do.

(Sorry my posts have been so horrible. I'm sick and it's draining my creativity...ugh)

John nodded and locked the door again behind Leon. I'm conflicted. I don't want to HAVE to kill her, but I'm not seeing any other options. He said it was my decision. Hm.... "Well then." He sat back down into his chair, staring at the girl with an unblinking stare, keeping himself in total silence.

Christina's eyes followed his every move carefully, trying to read his thoughts. "So." She stated in a serious tone. "How about, your sell me?" She suggested, smiling slightly hoping to lean him towards money. She knew whoever bought her would be an easy escape and she'd be free again. And, if they were not staying here long, she'd have a free ride away from the Spanish!

"I was thinking about taking you by the guards and seeing how you'd like that. I don't want to have to kill you." He cracked his neck, his expression of indifference was unwavering. John was never allowed to make these sorts of decisions and was trying to make the most clear-headed and best choice that he could.

"You may as well." She said simply. Guards would be harder to get away from, but she'd done it before and she could managed. Maybe she could even get him in trouble and make him suffer like she had. She smirked to herself at the thought.

"But of course, that'd be letting you go. And I can't let a prisoner go without a price. Hmmmm..." He mumbled silently to himself as he began to pace slowly across the room, keeping a close eye on the girl as he did.

Christina stared at him. Fine. Why wouldn't he kill her. He obviously had no interest in her but didn't want to kill her. This man had obviously made few life decisions. Christina flicked her hair to the side and started to get agitated from the position she had been in for quiet a while.

John sat back down in his chair and stared at the girl. "So, if I do in fact let you go, would you be willing to serve on this ship? Doing what needs to be done? Because, to be fair, I don't like to kill unless I need to." John said, offering her a chance. "Of course, though, you won't be allowed access to any weapons of any kind and you'll be under constant surveillance.

Christina watched him, thinking about his offer. Right now, anything sounded better than being tied up. "I'll do it. Untie me." She said coldly. Well, she needed to get away from her last crew sooner or later, this would make it the easiest to leave. Christina turned slightly so he could untie her as she 'requested'.

"Alright. But be mindful, if you try anything. I will kill you." John said as he withdrew his sword, keeping a tight grip on it as he sliced through the pieces of rope that bound the woman. All five bindings of rope were cut in a matter of quick succession. Two on the ankles, two on the wrists, and one around the waist. He held the sword at his side, his grip still tight on it, ready to react at a moments notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.