Sailor Nyooom [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PixelatedLights

Original poster
A crack, magical girl high school rp.

A N00b's guide to RPing
1. Everyone has a main character that they are controlling. Keep the controlling of other people's main character to a minimum.

2. Feel free to make side characters. However, note that everyone is free to use them as they please.

3. Overpowered assholes are not fun. Like in rl, you win some and you lose some.

4. You must roll with what has been written. We all have headcanons, and they will all be broken at some point by someone else. However, you cannot touch someone's headcanon for their main character.

5. It helps to keep things open ended for the next poster to jump on board if they so choose.

6. Posts are typically made in the original posting order, and are anywhere from a few lines to a few paragraphs.

7.Read the previous posts carefully before posting so that you know what's going on.

Character List
Major
Briony
Johnna
Szymona Pinedoor
Mr. Math
Mubashirya

Minor
Nelly
*%&(#

Background
Setting: David's Academy for Theological, Artistic, and Strange Studies (DATASS) is a magical boarding school for magical girls, situated in a magical place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Briony strode through the entryway to David's Academy for Theological, Artistic, and Strange Studies (DATASS) with her bag dragging on the floor along with her jaw. The magnificent high ceilings and large glass windows were much nicer than anything she had ever seen at her previous orphanage, and the students running across the halls seemed to pulsate with an energy unlike any she had ever seen before.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: PixelatedLights
David's Academy for Theological, Artistic, and Strange Studies (DATASS)
9240d983acc931294d4700ae1a31a836.jpg

Johnna turned and waved to her aunt and uncle who couldn't pass through the outer gates to the school. They had ridden with her the whole way to the castle despite the fact that she had made the trek by herself several times since she got her acceptance last June. She gave them one last wave before the winding path took her out of their sight.

Johnna made her way towards the faint chattering of the students, as the afternoon light filtered through the canopy of trees making the crystal flowers dotted throughout the forest sparkle. Through the leaves she started to see flashes of the wing tips of the huge statue of the Archangel David, of whom the Academy was named after. Soon enough, the forest thinned and she had an unobstructed view of David's Academy for Theological, Artistic, and Strange Studies (DATASS) and her home for the next few years. Even just walking past the students talking and laughing around the fountain behind the inner gate, she could feel the pulses of a strange energy that she had begun associating with magic. Johnna took a deep breath and made her way up the massive stairs to the entryway.

Szymona Pinedoor strode through the busy hallways with confidence and ease. She had been living here for over a month, and had already gotten used to the castle's twisted maze. She appreciated the silence and calm of the corridors, and felt overwhelmed faced with the ocean of bodies that surrounded her. As she was walking down to the cafeteria to grab breakfast, she turned a corner and accidentally smashed into the person on the other side.
"What the fuck?"
"Uhh...sorry," Szymona replied, trying to get up and rub her throbbing elbow at the same time.
The other person just shook their head, grabbed their fallen things and ran off in a different direction, without giving her a chance to see their face.

He'd only been awake for an hour and everything was going wrong. Mr. Math had collided with some fool of a girl while walking out of the cafeteria. She stammered an apology, cradling her elbow as if it were some wounded creature. Mr. Math shook his head and began to pick up the sick graphics he had dropped. (That bitch didn't even bother to help him). He rearranged his animal drawings under his arm and headed for his classroom.

Mubashirya's teeth chattered as she rose, her body frozen from kneeling for the past half hour on icy obsidian tiles that lined the cavern. "Szy better have saved me breakfast," she mumbled, rubbing her hands in a futile attempt to warm them. Flailing her limbs, she performed a meager rendition of the Fire Dancer's jig as she hopped around looking for the door in the blasted darkness. The hinges squeaked as it swung open, and Mubashirya made a mental note to actually remember the oil next time.

She took one final look at the winged serpent carved into the wall, eternally poised to strike in the obsidian gloom. She gave it a half-hearted wave and shut the door. Reaching back, she pulled the hood of her cloak over her head and, ignoring the rumblings of her stomach, began the long climb towards what would hopefully be a hot meal.

There were all kinds of strange people in DATASS. Briony passed by a girl doing a dance that looked more like a seizure, and a teacher holding strange animal drawings. The more Briony walked, the more confused she became. She had tried to follow the signs to the Headmistress' office but had wound up in a dimly-lit hallway filled with tall, hooded creatures. They smelled like sage and had long silvery locks peaking out of their cloaks. One of them turned toward Briony and sniffed loudly.

"awsmanano haneris br wgnen!" they squealed. When Briony failed to respond, the creature screamed, "OHMYGODYOU'RESOPRETTYTEACHMEYOURWAYS!" The creature's breath was cold, like frost, and her teeth were strangely pointed. "MYNAMEISNELLYI'MANELFBYTHEWAYYOU'RESOCUTELET'SBEFRIENDS! (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ"

Briony gawked at the elf. "How did you just say that word at the end?"

"IHAVEANINTERESTINSPECIALLINGUISTICS!" Nelly cried. She grabbed Briony by the arm, nearly breaking the poor mortal's elbow with her elven strength, and pulled her through a door into a room filled with wonders.

Johnna quickly made her way to the first year dorms--skirting past a dark corridor from which high pitch squeals were coming from-- wanting to grab her pick of the beds. All of the first year girls were roomed together in the west tower, but luckily there were several floors and each girl got their own alcove to store their things. Johnna climbed all the way to the top floor, figuring that the majority of girls would flock to the lower levels.

After making sure the door was firmly closed, she threw her bag on the bed beside the window overlooking the front of the castle grounds. She proceeded to yank her suitcase out from inside her bag, grimacing at the squelching sound as the bag opening expanded. Johnna looked over her shoulder at the door again, before whispering at the bag," ameanan abeygnusnan."

The bag seemed to shudder before spitting out a black pouch and burping loudly. She reached underneath her bed and tucked the pouch between the wooden frame and the mattress, before throwing herself into a natural draw-me-like-one-of-your-french-girls pose as the door opened.

Szymona checked the levitating clock above the table. Bash should be here any minute now.
She'd grabbed her friend some pancakes, fresh out of the oven, and some crunchy bok choi, remembering her friend's weird obsession with the leafy green.
Starting on her own fruit salad, Szy was interrupted buy a high-pitched scream and then a collective groan. Looking towards the majestic two-door cafeteria entrance, she saw *%&(#, one of the resident elves. She rolled her eyes; the creatures were incredibly smart and loyal, but boy were they annoying.
She almost went back to her salad, but something else caught her eye. There, in the midst of the excited elves, was someone else - another student; a non-elf. That was strange; the other students generally stayed away from those creatures.
Szy shrugged, just as she saw the familiar form of her best friend approach.
"Hey Bash."

Mr. Math sat down with a sigh. As he began preparing a lesson on the literary devices employed by Shakespeare in Hamlet, he noticed something amidst the various stacks of papers and books on his desk. It was an amulet of sorts, golden and shiny. There was a large jewel embedded in the centre that seemed to change colour depending on which angle you looked at it from. It sparkled and winked at Mr. Math, beckoning him to come closer.

The instant Mr. Math picked up the amulet it began to glow, and soon the previously dim classroom was filled with a blinding white light. Mr. Math was slowly lifted into the air, his body rotating above his desk as essays and rubrics flew in a whirlwind around him.

"FUCK!" He yelled, "I'M BECOMING A MAIN CHARACTER!" (Little did he know that he was, indeed, a main character regardless). Mr. Math threw the amulet down and the transformation stopped abruptly. He fell back into his chair, pale and breathless, and pulled a mirror out from a drawer. His hair wasn't pink and his eyes weren't purple. He was fine.

"God," He muttered, "Who left that here? One of those elves? That shit is dangerous. How am I supposed to teach rhetoric if I become a magical girl?" He made a mental note to have that amulet put away before anyone else is (nearly) forced to become a protagonist.

Mubashirya grunted as she slid the marble tile over the hole she had emerged from. She looked around furtively, and, satisfied that nobody had seen her, set off in the direction of the mouthwatering smell that wafted in the halls.

She spotted Szy in the middle of the caf, a spot of calm in the mealtime chaos. Dodging flying horse radish and elderberry jam, she fought her way over, shoving past dozens of squealing elves. At the sight of the pancakes and bok choi, she threw her arms around her friend.

"Pancakes and bok choi? Guurllll you know me so well." She squealed and instantly clapped a hand over her mouth. Her penchant for green plant matter was the only thing she had in common with elves. And her tendency to squeal. She sighed. By the old gods she hated the elvish part of her blood.

While wolfing down pancakes, Mubashirya tried to shut out the growing commotion and squeals that were climbing to alarming frequencies. She turned to Szy who was eyeing the crowd thoughtfully.

"What's gotten everyone so worked up?" she asked. Her friend pointed. In the midst of the gaggling elves was a tall, sculpted figure who glittered with sweat as he flexed muscles that were arguably not very impressive at all. He was kinda cute when he wasn't flexing, which was unfortunately only for milliseconds at a times. And then he opened his mouth.

"I came," he announced to the adoring elves, "I flexed, I conquered." He looked up and winked in her direction.

She groaned. He was a syndeton, the most annoying of creatures from Literary-de-Vices (after zeugmas of course). And now he was heading her way.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Briony emerged from the room filled with wonders with a bag of magic beans in one hand and an ancient tome in the other. Behind her, Nelly levitated Briony's bag in the air and the pair walked toward the first-year dorms.

"HOLYSHITWASN'TTHATLIFE-CHANGING????" Nelly squealed.

"I'll never be the same again," Briony replied, her voice shaky and her eyes bloodshot. She began to shuffle forlornly, in an attempt to catch the attention of a beautiful boy about to walk past her. "Please notice my angst, please notice my angst," the silly mortal muttered. But alas! The beautiful boy avoided all eye contact (as any sane organism would have done since Briony's hair was rather crazy) and disappeared down the corridor leaving only a strong smell of mint in his midst.

The pair arrived at the door of the west tower and began to climb the stairs to the top level.

"YOUCANSEEALLTHEHOTBOYSFROMTHETOP!" Nelly squealed enthusiastically. Briony's bag wavered in the air as the elf began to daydream of a handsome mortal man with brown shoulder-length hair and a matching beard who always carried around a sword.

When they arrived at the top, Nelly blasted open the door with her ~mental powers~ and dropped Briony's bag on the nearest bed. Unfortunately, the bed was not empty and it landed on a girl lying in a strangely erotic pose.

• Love
Johnna stared wide eyed at the pair that entered. Although not too wide, because apparently that was the first step in the elven mating dance, and she didn't want to experience that ever again.

" ...hey...," she said breathlessly, sounding as if she had just presented a heart wrenching rhetorical speech on the tendency of overcompensating and hyper-masculinity in Sydndetons and the consequences and repercussions of said action and the effects on the rest of society, including but not limited to religious, familial and hyper-no-homo conflicts, in the patriarchal post modern world that Literary-de-Vices seemed to be stuck in, and how as responsible social global citizens, we must act efficiently and as one entity to eradicate the glistening not-really-muscular fuarks from the face of the plant for the good of all beings, all in one breath.

She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively to break the awkward silence.

"SQUEEEEEEE-OMGYOUREYEBROWSRSOOOOOONICE!HIMYNAMEISNELLYAND-OMGYOULOOKLIKETHATMEMETOOGURLLL!" The elf rushed up to her and began tugging at her face with exuberance.

"Um, hi," She swatted at the elf's hands, "I'm Johnna, nice to meet you?"

"NICE TO MEET YOU TOOOOO! (๑♡⌓♡๑), " The elf screeched into her ears.

"Wait, what the hell, how did you say that last word?"

The other girl finally stepped into the room, looking a little dazed and a little high on magic litotes beans. She muttered, " She has a interest in special linguistics."

"What? Oh I mean that's cool, I guess?" Johnna was confused, she hadn't thought the people at DATASS would be so strange. With her ears still ringing, and hands still shaking at the prospect of being caught with contraband, Johnna twisted her fingers conjuring a a glowing red star inscribed inside a circle (no! its not a pentagram!) . She grabbed the bag and threw it at the floating sigils. It bounced off with a fake sounding boiiingg, and landed squarely on the bed opposite hers.

Time seemed to slow as Nelly began to open her mouth to say scream something. Her 3 rows of pearly teeth glinted in the sunlight, and Johnna swore she could see the air particles rushing to get out of the death zone. Luckily they were interrupted by a huge bang, followed by the sound of a hundred stampeding footsteps and a chorus of ear piercing squeals.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Sorano
"Oh no, what's this?" Szy muttered over her strawberries as she watched the beaming monstrosity approach. "Why do you always have to attract all the swamp matter? Why can't it be some Intel-LICK-2-Als for once? Those go to our school too you know!"

Bash only giggled. "Sorry, you know I don't mean to. It's the Elven roots sending out mating waves again."

"Well then UN-send them!"

Bash unabashedly threw her an easy smile and turned to face the approaching tree. Szy rolled her eyes. Bash was always flirting without realizing what she was doing. Just last month a fight broke out because she had asked Jay Zelda to get her a plum pudding from the display, and Cob, the Chimera she had been talking to, decided that they were together after that five-minute conversation, and that Jay was overstepping his boundaries (he didn't even get her the right flavour though).

"Hey ladies," the lanky mass had finally reached their table, "I'm--"

"WILL YOU PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE? I can't believe you just assumed my gender!" Szy's watch screamed, programmed by Bash, as a joke, to automatically respond with a dramatic call-out whenever it heard gender-specific pronouns coming from a voice that wasn't pre-programmed.

Swearing, Szy shut the thing off and glanced up at the befuddled toad. "Sorry about that," she said, unapologetic. "You're a tool right? Oh...sorry, I meant a De-Vice."

A sharp jab to her ribs told her that her joke hadn't been appreciated by the immediate audience and that she needed to choose a spot farther away from her friend next time she wanted to try some improvised stand-up.

"Uh...yeah, I am," the thing replied, looking even more confused than before.

"Hey, I'm Mubashirya. It's so nice to meet you!" And just like that, with one blinding smile, their companion had forgotten all the chaos from the last couple minutes. "Are you new here? Because I've never seen you before. Though to be fair, I haven't seen many people that have been here for longer than I have, so I guess that's not really a good reference point, but I also didn't see you at the last Lad Effemination Games--" He looked confused again.

Szy knocked her knee against her friend's to shut her up.

"Yeah...I skipped LEG day. Actually, I haven't been to a single one since I got here."

Szy looked down at his knobby joints. "It shows."

Bash and the tool both looked at her, confused. "On the attendance sheet, I mean. They post it after the Games." Szy corrected herself quickly. "You know what, I actually have to meet Mr. Math in ten minutes. I have no idea what any of his notes mean. Decoding his writing should have its own class."

The girl gathered her belongings, which were few anyway, and dashed out of the eating area at record speed.

• Thank You
Reactions: Sorano
The floor shook. The walls shook. The whole classroom shook, and Mr. Math was shook as a herd of screaming elves descended upon him, with two poor mortal students in tow.

"SHINYTHINGSHINYTHINGSHINYTHING" The squealing mass chanted, as they quickly filled the room and began scouring the place for the light source. (Elves had a penchant for anything that shined, sparkled, or glowed and could pick up the smallest glint of light from a light year away). (They also run really fast).

"STOP IT!" Mr. Math yelled as the classroom was thrown into chaos, "YOU'RE BREAKING ALL MY BEDMAS!" The elves ignored him, and one of them discovered the amulet on the floor.

"OMGIFOUNDITEVERYONELOOKIT'SSOPRETTYSQUEEEEEEEEE(✿ ♥‿♥)" An elf shrieked.

"DON'T TOUCH THA- Wait, how did you say that last word?" Mr. Math furrowed his brow in concern.

"I-" The elf began.

"-have an interest in special linguistics. Yes, we know. Now will you please let go of me?" The elf released the arm of the human girl she had dragged with her.

"OOOOHHHIJUSTHADAGREATIDEAJOHNNAYOUSHOULDPUTONTHISAMULETITHINKITWOULDREALLYBRINGOUTYOUREYES!" Johnna was about to protest, but was no match for the elf's swift movements, and in the blink of an eye the amulet hung around her neck. The room was silent with anticipation.

"Oh no," Mr. Math whispered. And with that, the glowing light returned, even brighter and more blinding than before. Johnna floated up into the air and became a glittering rainbow silhouette. The elves played music to accompany the transformation. One of them began to sing in Japanese.

Mubashirya glared at her friend's retreating back. Szy always left her to deal with the sweaty ones. Alone. Cursing, she stuffed the remaining bok choi into her bag and edged towards the exit. Unfortunately, the syndeton matched her shuffle for shuffle.

"How about you and I hit the gym, say, next Wednesday?" he said, randomly dropping to the floor to do pushups. "We could bench press together. I'm always looking for people to show off to." Mubashirya sighed.

"Look, I have to get to Mr. Math's class. It was... nice to meet you. Do you have a pressing qwestzchyon or something?" Screaming inwardly, she watched the sweat machine's expression and copious amounts of hair gel melt from hearing her accent.

"Yes," he breathed, "what's your name?"

"Mubashirya Dyes."

"Well, Mubshirya, the name's Wrong. Short for Wronger Bonger. And I will definitely be seeing you around." He winked and burpeed away. Gagging, Mubashirya waddled to Mr. Math's class, crunching on her bok choi stash for sad, vegetable comfort. As she rounded the corner, she heard elven voices singing a song in a foreign language - maybe Japanese? She could make out a couple of words, like gomen and kokoro. Unbidden, a voice in her head yelled, What in romanization?

There was a flash of light from Mr. Math's room, followed by a chorus of squeals. Mubashirya dashed over and froze in the doorway, a green leaf hanging limply from her mouth. The voice returned to her head. What in abomination?

Briony watched in awe as the elves began to sing in Japanese. How strange. How mystical. How ~MAGICAL~. The room became filled with colour and 2-D roses began to grow around the edges of Briony's vision. How ~SHOUJO`~.

*please listen to this song as you read for the full weeb experience*

Johnna steadily rose into the air as her limbs began tingling. A quick look confirmed that yes, she was now an ethereal glowing, glittery special snowflake. Trying to yank the amulet over her head only made it glow brighter and she gave up after almost choking herself.

The elves began pulling out instruments from god knows where (oh my, did that one elf pull that banjo out of his--lets just get back to the magical girl transformation), and started to play accompaniment music. Another elf started singing in Japanese, which prompted a whole chorus of elves chiming "Sailoooorrrr Nyoooooooooom," over and over again.

Through the swirling rainbow mist and silk ribbons sprouting from the still glowing amulet, a faint voice could be heard shouting, "Who the hell is Sailor Nyoom!"

Johnnas arms moved without her assent, and they crossed in front of her face, allowing her to see the elbow high silk gloves materializing on her arms. A tight leotard and a sailor collar was next, before the ribbons did what they were meant to do and formed a huge red bow on her shirt. Her legs involuntarily kicked out, forcing her into an arguably empowering stance, before the ribbons turned into black tights and a pair of shorts.

Then, as if possessed by a the spirits of a Weebo, she stood on one leg, bent her right leg so that her foot touched her other knee, slapped one hand onto her waist and pointed with the other straight forward. Johnna winked, eyes sparkling and wind blowing her long silver hair back into two space buns, "It's Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way... Shit wrong fanfic! I mean it's Johnna Metanoia Jr as Sailor Nyoom!!"

Everyone in the room, aside from the elves who were still playing her new theme song, gaped at her. Her own jaw slackened.

"What the fuck did I just say?" She yanked at her new clothes, and tugged at the tight circlet on her head, "And why do I look like a stereotype?!."

"This is worst than the time I mistook that elk for a moose." Johnna muttered under her breath.

She went to remove the amulet, which was now pulsing red and stuck in the middle of her huge bow, when she saw an exact copy of it lying innocuously by her foot. A brilliant idea struck her harder than Mr. Potatochip's TIPS questions on the last math test. She lunged for it, moving faster than she had ever before (she swore she heard Nelly shout Nyoooooooom from behind her), and grabbed the nearest person shoving the amulet over their head. No way was she going to be a stereotype by herself.

Szy felt a little guilty, leaving her friend like that, with yet another stranger. But she was socially awkward as all heck, and there was nothing more she could really do. Not everyone could have the charm and smooth toungue of a Famus Awttor. Actually a smooth tongue would suck...no more taste buds? What kind of life. Though perhaps then people would be dettached from the materialism of this mortal world and discover greater things. What in spiritual elevation??

She walked through the maze of hallways, peeking into classroom doors. But Mr. Math was nowhere to be found.

I guess I'll go check his office, she thought reluctantly, heading for the other side of the school. At least I won't get fat with all this walking. She wasn't a fan of those Fat Elimination, Substitution and Differentiation into Other Parts of the Body pills the calculus department handed out.

Finally reaching the office, Szy heard a racket inside.

Well not an actual racket...you can't really hear something that doesn't move...otherwise you'll be hearing the product of the action and not the thing itself...but either way, she heard a commotion.

"WHAT THE DEVINE HELL IS THIS?" someone screamed.

Well now I DEFINITELY have to go inside. She walked into the office.

From somewhere to her left, she could swear she heard a faint "nyooom..." trail off. Then, suddenly a glitering form ran up to her and smashed a rock-like object into her forehead. She heard a quiet expression of regret and the amulet was shoved over her head instead.

"What the---"

Suddenly everything around her was filled with blinding light. Her body moved on its own accord, and out of nowhere, she was floating in the middle of the room.

Japanese song filled the air that wasn't pushed aside by the light.

"She's doing it too!" Someone yelled from behind her.

Soon, she her body was glowing and spinning in a vortex. Her arms were thrown upwards, as if praising the Bovine Devines and her legs whipped outwards. One foot propped up, behind her, just as she felt a gold heel appear on it (yes, she felt the colour; no, she doesn't know how). Am I in the Wizard of Oz or something?? she screamed internally. Out of nowhere, a matching gold mini skirt appeared around her hips, and her favourite pair of sweats disappeared. WELL THAT WAS TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR.

A bow and a matching choker appeared on her, and she felt the rock that was thrown over her head, merge into the skin on her brow. Shit.

She landed on the ground and began striking weird poses, switching every other second.

"Wait! But she forgot to introduce herself!" yelled a voice.

What?

"It's Sailor Va-va-voom!"

Mr. Math gasped as another one of his students transformed into sailor senshi. It was too early for this much plot advancement! Then again, this kind of thing always happens in the first episode. Though it was still too soon for two transformations. He had to find a way to at least delay any more so he could figure out what their ~magical destinies~ were. But before he could even move, an elf had somehow scooped up a third amulet and forced it onto a girl in the doorway, who stood frozen in shock, a limp piece of bok choi dangling from her mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.